TheReaper666

Super religious people who judge you

Ok I'm sure we all know the type. A guy I work with can't go 5 minutes without saying that God did this or Satan did that. Now I have nothing against religion what so ever, but this person basically told me that me making a Part 7 replica mask is satanic, and that it is the enemy... I politely informed him that it is a fictional character from a movie and not real life in which he responded "You're wrong brother" & he went on and on about how the Devil has a hold of me. What in the actual fuck? I have free will, I know the difference between right, wrong, real life and a movie. This guy goes on and on about secular tv, rock and roll music, rap music, actors etc saying that anyone who does or portrays anything negative, even if it is in a movie or song is basically going to hell. This same guy also told me that the reason people are homosexual is because they are posessed by a gay demon...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

These kind of people are toxic in a lot of way and do little to promote their faith in a good light. In fact, they are just giving more ammunition to anti-theist dudes and BANG, more shit-storm.... you just can't expect to have a civilised discussion with someone who's still trapped in the early 20s century....

He's not entirely wrong about Jason thought, this guy got to be an Hell assassin! :lol:

• Haha 1

Like anything...some people take things too literally.

I would have explained to him that God and Jesus are also fictional characters. Then I'd proceed in watching his head explode trying to take it all in.

I’m a proud atheist. I like debating with Christians, no foul language or threats, just a calm debate.  Believe it or not, sometimes I’m proved wrong and loose. It just shows, you never really know.

On 12/23/2017 at 12:36 PM, TheReaper666 said:

Ok I'm sure we all know the type. A guy I work with can't go 5 minutes without saying that God did this or Satan did that. Now I have nothing against religion what so ever, but this person basically told me that me making a Part 7 replica mask is satanic, and that it is the enemy... I politely informed him that it is a fictional character from a movie and not real life in which he responded "You're wrong brother" & he went on and on about how the Devil has a hold of me. What in the actual fuck? I have free will, I know the difference between right, wrong, real life and a movie. This guy goes on and on about secular tv, rock and roll music, rap music, actors etc saying that anyone who does or portrays anything negative, even if it is in a movie or song is basically going to hell. This same guy also told me that the reason people are homosexual is because they are posessed by a gay demon...

My wife's parents are very religious and I have  dealt with this quite a bit myself.I do believe in God but I think that some Christians have invented their own version of him.

On 12/23/2017 at 11:36 AM, TheReaper666 said:

Meh, this is just like the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Department scandal all over again, arresting people dressed up like a fictional mascott (Pedo Bear) because they think the person underneath the costume is 100% emulating the costume.

You won't burn in hell because you happened to be wearing a hockey mask of a fictional character. Wearing the mask doesn't automatically mean you're going to go on a mass murderer spree.

14 hours ago, Frighteningicon said:

My wife's parents are very religious and I have  dealt with this quite a bit myself.I do believe in God but I think that some Christians have invented their own version of him.

Join team Protestant if you haven't already bruh. The last time I checked the Bible, God didn't say has holy word had to be decoded by some old dude wearing a funny looking hat as well as his cronies.

God is to people what they have experienced.  Some turn to God who have had traumatic experiences.

Others believe because of what they have witnessed.  I have seen things which lead me to only one conclusion.

It is much like belief in the paranormal/ghosts.

Once you experience/see what you have seen, you know it to be true.

On that note, I don't dislike those who are atheists.  They, for whatever reason, haven't experienced the same as those who have seen "miracles."

Sounds like he lives in a box. I've been a devout Christian for five years and I love horror movies. If he thinks we shouldn't read or watch anything negative, then he shouldn't read The Bible because Satan is in it. Negative forces exist in fiction to show the horrors of what evil is. You can't understand and fight against evil if you shelter yourself from it. For instance, a friend of mine does Bible study with non believers in an attempt to introduce them to the Christian faith without smothering them (doing it open mindedly) and one thing they did was watch The Conjuring 2, and it lead into a great discussion about the spiritual forces of demons and how they might be a real thing. Don't let legalistic people like that ruin Christianity for you. Jesus fed the poor, healed the sick, rebuked religious piety and had close personal relationships with people that believed and thought differently than Him. I can guarantee you this guy would never do that. He needs to be more open minded and examine his own life, we're all broken pottery, and that includes him. I just hope his faith isn't merely emotional, otherwise he's missing out on a lot. He needs to challenge his faith, it'll help him grow up. I would recommend he read "The Gnostic Gospels" by Elaine Pagels and "The Dark Side of Christian History"  by Helen Ellerbe. It will knock him off his high horse and pop his narrow minded bubble that Christianity is innocent. The Church has a lot of blood on its hands and I hope him learning that will allow him to sympathize with skeptics. To quote Ghandi, "I like your Christ, but I don't like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." The latter half of 1st Peter 3:15 says to give the reason for the hope you have with "gentleness and kindness". Galatians talks about "restoring a brother GENTLY (Galatians 6:1)" etc. He needs to go back and study The Sermon on the Mount because he's obviously missed out on who Jesus was. Jesus said to turn the other cheek and love your enemies. Sounds to me like he's more superstitious than religious. The Bible says that "God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of love and a sound mind (2nd Timothy 1:7b, KJV)." Doesn't sound to me like he has a sound mind at all! If he's homies with God, he shouldn't be so freaked out and scared of everything. He was probably influenced by others that smothered him with legalism until he wound up just like them. It's normally a family affair so to speak. People like that are bigger vultures than car salesmen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jordan B Peterson has excellent lectures on the Bible on YouTube.

I highly recommend them for both believers and atheists. 

Also, everybody should read the book Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2017 at 8:36 PM, TheReaper666 said:

This same guy also told me that the reason people are homosexual is because they are posessed by a gay demon...

Lmao. 

But really I thought I was religious by going Church on Sundays 

• Haha 1

I know those kind of lads, here where I am living in Germany there are these Muslims that judge me for eating pork and tell me I will go to hell for it.

Theyre toxic and ignorant for thinking their belief is the only one to live by, I don’t give the slightest fuck about anyone’s religion and neither should they.

It varies from person to person. All the Muslims I know are very nice people. I do tend not to eat pork around them or mention pork. It's just a respect thing. They respect me as a Christian, so why shouldn't I respect them? My main thing with God is trying to figure out how you're supposed to have relationship without religion. There's rules and morals you're supposed to ascribe to, yet God wants a relationship with you, yet He also seems to get mad and kill everyone if you don't ascribe to said rules, yet you yourself in your own power can't keep them, yet He judges you as if you can, yet you can't, and when you can't, He offers you forgiveness, yet at the same time there's punishments, sometimes severe ones where the punishment far outweighs the crime. This coming from the guy that said to love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you? Yet He has a bunch of karma type punishments waiting for you for anything you've done now, before, or will do? How exactly is that grace and forgiveness? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian through and through, I pray, I read my Bible, I witness to people, I've performed miracles, etc, but I've still had these questions for years and years and no one will give me an outright answer. If any of you are also Christians and can help me out, it would be much appreciated. I just don't see how you can have a relationship with God when any little thing you do wrong gets you out of that relationship. To me, a true friend doesn't leave your side the minute you screw up or do wrong, and people make it out like "Oh, God loves you and wants a relationship with you!", then in the same breath they talk about all the ways you can go to Hell even though you're already a Christian. They talk about God like He's some kind of over sensitive 13 year old girl and I just don't see how that matches the Bible at all, and I feel as if I've been so brianwashed by quote on quote "religious people" that it's literally about to drive me crazy. I can't do or say anything without feeling like I'm being watched or have some kind of Zeus type figure ready to hurl a lightning bolt at me for not being worthy, and I just don't think I have it right, because I know in my heart it's different, but I don't know how to understand it or live it out. It just doesn't make sense, because it seems to me like a relationship with God is a contract, not a covenant. It's supposed to be a covenant of grace, yet you have to do all of this religious stuff even if you don't want to, and even then, you may not make it to Heaven even though you tried your hardest to be a good Christian and please God. If that's true, then why did Jesus die on the cross? He went through all that pain just to give us a CHANCE into Heaven? Hell, I wouldn't of done that! I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but if I did that, knowing you could still go to Hell even if you accepted what I did, I never would've came and died for you. Does anyone who's a fellow believer have any answers to my questions?  I'm just very worried about my eternity, I want to make sure I have it right, and I don't want to blaspheme God, but at the same time, I want to understand Him better. If He is a loving figure, then I want to understand just exactly what "love" is without feeling smothered by Hell and brimstone folk. 

On 14/01/2018 at 12:27 AM, Blaisy-Bas said:

I know those kind of lads, here where I am living in Germany there are these Muslims that judge me for eating pork and tell me I will go to hell for it

One of my bestest friend is Muslim and she says nothing about this 

1 hour ago, Moe9999633 said:

One of my bestest friend is Muslim and she says nothing about this 

Really depends on the mentality of said Muslim person, the people I referred to are very religious, a little too religious if that makes sense.

The typical evolution is wrong, we are gods creation kind of people.

11 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Really depends on the mentality of said Muslim person, the people I referred to are very religious, a little too religious if that makes sense.

My friend is super religious 

20 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Honestly, whenever people discuss Islam, I keep thinking of the South Park episodes "200" as well as "201." Immediately after the airing, the show's creators received death threats from a muslim group who claimed they merely sent out a "warning." On top of that the parent company had a failed car bomb show up near its world headquarters in New York City.

You know there's a problem when people from a religion gets so pissed about its portrayal of its prophet that other people start fearing for their lives.

I have nothing againt's faith in general but i have to say that i am very anticlerical. And just watching how some potilical or religious organisation are acting, such as the Wesboro baptist church for instance, it kind of creep me out to picture what such a collective of morons would do to an entire state... should they ever be in a position of power.. brrr

11 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

My friend is super religious 

Maybe she isn’t radical against other people’s belief.

As I said most Muslims are fine there are always people from certain religions that will go on your nuts for sinning or believing in the “wrong” god.

2 hours ago, Trident77 said:

Honestly, whenever people discuss Islam, I keep thinking of the South Park episodes "200" as well as "201." Immediately after the airing, the show's creators received death threats from a muslim group who claimed they merely sent out a "warning." On top of that the parent company had a failed car bomb show up near its world headquarters in New York City.

You know there's a problem when people from a religion gets so pissed about its portrayal of its prophet that other people start fearing for their lives.

Yea Muslims tend to be more aggressive when it comes to defending their religion.

Its also a common stereotype here that Muslims are so aggressive about people having other beliefs or not taking their “advice” seriously but then keep on about saying how Islam means peace.

Kinda paradox if you ask me but there are also Christians doing similar stuff even doe I never got involved in heavy arguments about why I’m eating pork with a Christian.

Edit: @Hudonj agreed but it’s mostly the follower or supporter that make it horrible not the religion or political party itself.

38 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Maybe she isn’t radical against other people’s belief.

As I said most Muslims are fine there are always people from certain religions that will go on your nuts for sinning or believing in the “wrong” god.

She doesn’t say anything bad but she once said  “my cousin said if you go to heaven you can wish someone out “ and I said “ok?... “ she said “ I will wish you out” and I said “thnx”

2 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Wish someone out?

I don’t know blame her cousin not her and by that it means out of hell 

Sometimes heretical doctrines or own personal superstitious beliefs can become interweaved with someone's religion. I think that is the case with your friend.