Lady_goldfish

Why was Tommy at every bonfire?

Ever since the patch I've been finding a stupid amount of pocket knives. I don't even go to the cabin I spawn next to because every bonfire has a health spray, knife and or shotgun. I don't play Jason (and I LOVE that I don't have to at all anymore) but it's kinda messed up when I'm apologizing to him for 3 shivs to the neck!

That was part of the fun for me; don't get grabbed so I don't waste a pocket knife on the brute that I was saving to quietly disarm a trap. Especially with the counselors who suck at repairing, it buys extra time if I slip up and he gets alerted.

They used to be annoyingly scarce and borderline sacred but now their numbers have tipped the other direction and I'm actually dropping them to be able to hold other items.

Jasons are kinda forced to slash which I don't think they like anymore than I do. Gimping around whining sucks, I'd rather he end me quick or at least give me a chance to mash my way out or get saved by a teammate instead of that sorry limp... my inventory is too full of pocket knives to carry any med spray now lol

I have no idea how to balance a game or make everyone happy. But I kinda wondered with all the shotguns now, would reducing the number of knives on the map and giving counselors the ability to disarm traps by shooting them be any kind of worth considering?

I'm curious what other folk think. Are there too many now or is good? Were there too few before? Should there be another option for dealing with the traps since pocket knives tend to get hoarded by the distraction/ chase me style counselors ? 

• Thanks 1

They were supposed to lower the amount of pocketknives, but I feel it has only increased as well. It's way too easy to get away now, and I don''t enjoy playing as a counselor anymore. I mostly play the Offline Bots now and hardly ever go online. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justice4all said:

They were supposed to lower the amount of pocketknives, but I feel it has only increased as well. It's way too easy to get away now, and I don''t enjoy playing as a counselor anymore. I mostly play the Offline Bots now and hardly ever go online. 

I think what they said they were doing is reducing the number of pocket knives and medsprays that spawn in drawers while adding some to campfires. This was intended to force people to travel more of the map and leave cabins. But in reality the drop rate for items doesn't seem to have decreased at all, so it's just a massive increase.

1 hour ago, justice4all said:

Same here. I'm not feeling the online matches right now. I'll wait for the next updates and the next map and Jason. Isn't fun when you have half of the players in a match running to the campsites and they just forget about the other objectives.

To me, pocket knives and shotguns should be as rare as Pamela tapes. The point of the game is to struggle to survive!!! We are just trying somewhat not to die.

Seems like somewhere in all the balancing and bug repairs, they forgot that in a Jason movie only one person usually makes it out, not THE WHOLE CAMP!!!  This game should try to go back to its roots and be more difficult to survive as a counselor. I miss the days when the ultimate reward was surviving the night and that rush of adrenaline with your heart beating as you escape. Now the fuse spawns no further than a house or two away and the cops are usually called within 3 minutes even when trapped. Why? because every counselor has 2+ knives to instantly dismantle a trap and call.      

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lady_goldfish said:

Ever since the patch I've been finding a stupid amount of pocket knives. I don't even go to the cabin I spawn next to because every bonfire has a health spray, knife and or shotgun. I don't play Jason (and I LOVE that I don't have to at all anymore) but it's kinda messed up when I'm apologizing to him for 3 shivs to the neck!

That was part of the fun for me; don't get grabbed so I don't waste a pocket knife on the brute that I was saving to quietly disarm a trap. Especially with the counselors who suck at repairing, it buys extra time if I slip up and he gets alerted.

They used to be annoyingly scarce and borderline sacred but now their numbers have tipped the other direction and I'm actually dropping them to be able to hold other items.

Jasons are kinda forced to slash which I don't think they like anymore than I do. Gimping around whining sucks, I'd rather he end me quick or at least give me a chance to mash my way out or get saved by a teammate instead of that sorry limp... my inventory is too full of pocket knives to carry any med spray now lol

I have no idea how to balance a game or make everyone happy. But I kinda wondered with all the shotguns now, would reducing the number of knives on the map and giving counselors the ability to disarm traps by shooting them be any kind of worth considering?

I'm curious what other folk think. Are there too many now or is good? Were there too few before? Should there be another option for dealing with the traps since pocket knives tend to get hoarded by the distraction/ chase me style counselors ? 

At least you admit that you play broke ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woundcowboy said:

At least you admit that you play broke ;)

I wouldn't freaking dare touch your fuse box without a scrubby pocket knife to disarm the trap first :P

• Haha 1