He's a big guy.

For yoooooooou.

• Like 1

Looks guys, there is no one correct height for Jason.  The guy's mass has fluctuated more than Kirstie Alley's (international readers, don't worry if you don't get the reference - it's not F13th related).  The tallest he's ever been is when he was played by the 6'7 Ken Kirzinger In Freddy vs Jason.  Looking at the door frame that Jason busts through in the pre-alpha teaser, this may be the scale they're going with, putting the councilors in the mid-to-high fives.

That being said, the councilors are all the same height so the same animation skeleton and animations can be used for all the councilor meshes (polygonal forms) without much fuss.  Even small increases / decreases in proportion can invalidate an animation - which, at the very least, means painstakingly tweaking every single one by hand (time consuming) or simply recording entirely separate mocap by height (expensive).

In short, ask yourself if you can live with these little annoyances if it means that the game comes out no later than November.  I know I can. ;)

We've done it accurately ;). Painstakingly....stupid attention to detail accurately (as much as possible, of course.) 

• Like 1

To reinforce:  Look how tall Jason is compared to the Muggers in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obtc9U6hEYM

Taller by at least a foot, maybe two.

That's a combination of forced perspective(Jason is closer to the camera than the "muggers"(but I'd call them punks), and a full grown man vs skinny teenagers.

That's a combination of forced perspective(Jason is closer to the camera than the "muggers"(but I'd call them punks), and a full grown man vs skinny teenagers.

Alright, but you would also be claiming that the people who made the game are objectively wrong in this, despite them measuring to exact scale pretty much and working alongside the people who made the movie.  That's a stretch.  I would understand if they were working on their own but as far as I know they have guys from the movies helping with music, kills, mocap, and so on.

@Tim Krueger you might have grabbed that screenshot of the councelor when the in game camera was panned out making her scaled down!

And please note people when under the bed in first person like on this screen shot everything is scaled really big and may look out of proportion come on guys haven't y'all seen the TV show RUGRATS? Same idea!

@PowellCampsNAKED

The shot from the counselor was not taken by an ingame camera so she wasnt skewed by the camera angle. It was taken from the video above. Only the Jason shot was taken from a lower angle so he looks bigger than he really is. But I'm a little confused by this shot anyway.

If we take the fact that the average height of an usual door is 203 cm and Kane Hodder is 192 cm tall, and the Ingame Jason should be equal to this height, why is so much space between Jasons head and the doorframe? There are about 60cm (about two head lenghts) space between Jasons Head and the doorframe. Does that mean the doorframe is about 260 cm high? or is the ingame Jason smaller than he should be?

Next thing is the hook with the rain coat. It is above Jasons head. If we take Kane Hodders height as a benchmark someone has the great idea to hang up this rain coat in a height of about 200 cm. Really? Could be looking very funny if the tiny little counselor girl trys to grab that coat. :D

Alright, but you would also be claiming that the people who made the game are objectively wrong in this, despite them measuring to exact scale pretty much and working alongside the people who made the movie.  That's a stretch.  I would understand if they were working on their own but as far as I know they have guys from the movies helping with music, kills, mocap, and so on.

Look at the Mocap behind-the-scenes videos and you'll see Kane does not tower over the other actors. He's big but not King Kong. the other mocap actors seem about 5'5" to 6' tall. It seems the councilors are 5 feet tall, or they made Jason taller. Kane is 6'4". In-costume with Jason's big head and boots Kane may be 6'5"-6'6".

Look at the Mocap behind-the-scenes videos and you'll see Kane does not tower over the other actors. He's big but not King Kong. the other mocap actors seem about 5'5" to 6' tall. It seems the councilors are 5 feet tall, or they made Jason taller. Kane is 6'4". In-costume with Jason's big head and boots Kane may be 6'5"-6'6".

I'm not talking about mocap.

I'm talking about general.  The team who worked on the movies are involved in this.  By saying they're wrong you're saying that the very founders themselves are wrong.

Of course, liberties need to be made sometimes for a game like Friday The 13th.  It could be that they had to make him a bit taller for that reason, but I don't see his height as distracting or ruining my experience.  It makes me think of Jason as this truly unstoppable hulk.  I'd probably think it would be more disturbing if he wasn't towering above the survivors.

We've done it accurately ;). Painstakingly....stupid attention to detail accurately (as much as possible, of course.) 

Im inclined to believe it.

What they need to do is make the males anywhere from 5'9 to 6'1 or 2. And make the females anywhere from 5'2 to 5'6. Have them at different heights. From what I've read up, most of the guys that played Jason are 6'3 or taller. Kane Hodder is 6'4 I believe and the guy who played Jason in FvJ was 6'7. So compared to the heights in the game I would imagine if the Jason height is virtually 6'7 and all the consulers( male or female) are around 5'7 then I could see where these heights are comeing from. They need to have stats for each consuler and what would be cool is if they based each Jason scheme also off of the demisons of the men who played them. Idk it's an idea. Or just put Jason at 6'3-4 because I meen we've all pictured him being a little bigger than most. Edit: The guys makeing the game used motion capture so I'm guessing the men and we on used for this are pretty short. If Kane Hodder is 6'5 or 6 in the costume and all the males are 5'10 or shorter and the females are 5'5 and shorter then I can see where the heights are coming from. I meen a person that has a lot of muscle and is a tall guy at that, they look taller than what you would think.

On 8/9/2016 at 4:54 PM, FreakyFrank1 said:

Here's is a video by Paul Phoenix showing the height differences between the Jasons and the counselors.

I also think that Jason is a bit too big compared to the counselor wich to me isnt a good sign when it come to the accuracy of the movies.

Im not sure if it was a design choice by the developpers to make him look more intimidating,but i think they should lower his height a little bit.

Anyone who watched the movies know that Jason is kind of big,but not THAT big,heck Part 2 (sackhead) Jason is about the size of any of the survivors in that movie wich would be about the size of those counselors,so seeing him that big now,im not sure what to say.

In part 4,at the ending when you compare Jason height with that of Trish Jarvis,her head is at the height of Jason's neck or bottom part of his face,while here the counselors head are about at where Jason' shoulders start.

Or take the van scene from part 3,when you see Jason trying to grab Chris Higgins from the window only the top part of his head is hidden by the top of the van and for your notice,he is not leaning to get to her,he is standing all the way up,but with the height he as in this game,we wouldnt even see is face since he's taller now,he would have to lower himself so we could see his face when he's grabbing Chris.

I've got a feeling that they also made that design choice because of Kane Hodder,but is Kane really THAT big too ?

Maybe the problem lies with the counselors themselves,they all have about the same height,if they all had a different heights then it would feel more realistic and natural,because so far there is only 2 heights (Jason size and counselors size).

What do you guys think ? Should Jason height be lowered a bit or/and should the counselors have different heights ?

They should make Jason slightly taller and the counselors taller. But still that was a big ass van in Part 3 and Jason was the same height of the van. He was like 6'5 in the movie. Plus the boots which is like 6'7.

Let's take a look here.

73803c8a105721afd658cdf7c89e924f--kane-h3VsX5va.jpg

70de2739b7419c1b11d215b8d75e56a8.jpg9728cbb48140ad59dd670760be28816e.jpg

I'm all for Jason looking imposing. Even if you had to use a few tricks or elevator shoes to make it happen.

Bruce Campbell on the far left is said to be 6′ 1″. That just happens to be how tall I am.

Kane Hodder is said to be 6′ 4″.

I guess he never takes those shoes off when he measures how tall he is. Just joking. :lol:

Iavn+Drago.gif

21 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Let's take a look here.

I'm all for Jason looking imposing. Even if you had to use a few tricks or elevator shoes to make it happen.

Bruce Campbell on the far left is said to be 6′ 1″. That just happens to be how tall I am.

Kane Hodder is said to be 6′ 4″.

I guess he never takes those shoes off when he measures how tall he is. Just joking. :lol:

Iavn+Drago.gif

depositphotos_12911275-stock-photo-derekToo bad the perspective is skewed. Hard to estimate accuracy.

Derek Mears 6'5"

Tyler Mane 6'8"

Kane 6'4"

11.jpeg

Robert Englund 5'10"

Kane is about a hand-width taller than Robert. Would be easier if they stood up straight. That would put Kane somewhere around 6'3". I

Oh, this reminds me of something that I wanted to talk about. I had seen a few people talking about Derek Mears not being very imposing.

He very well might be. You know what the problem is? Jared Padelecki is a beast. He is 6'4" himself, and fairly stocky. There was little to no difference between the Jason and the main protagonist size wise, and that is more why new Jason is seen as so unimposing.

30 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

11.jpeg

Robert Englund 5'10"

Kane is about a hand-width taller than Robert. Would be easier if they stood up straight. That would put Kane somewhere around 6'3". I

Robert England is actually 5ft8 most hollywood actors exagerate there height, I like to look through this website to get a good gage on how tall they really are.

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Robert-Englund-862.html

Kane's clocking in around 6ft1

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Kane-Hodder-2518.html

41 minutes ago, mojitodominic said:

Maybe Deborah is 4'9"... Just Saying...

The tallest....is prolly 5'6" lol..Lachoppa :P

LOL

• Like 1

Funny...this thread disappeared through the abyss of the forums about 1 year ago until GhostWolfViking ressurected it...

Jason is a big scary man! Of course he's gonna be a big dude, tho his son needs to go to camp more