Here's is a video by Paul Phoenix showing the height differences between the Jasons and the counselors.

I also think that Jason is a bit too big compared to the counselor wich to me isnt a good sign when it come to the accuracy of the movies.

Im not sure if it was a design choice by the developpers to make him look more intimidating,but i think they should lower his height a little bit.

Anyone who watched the movies know that Jason is kind of big,but not THAT big,heck Part 2 (sackhead) Jason is about the size of any of the survivors in that movie wich would be about the size of those counselors,so seeing him that big now,im not sure what to say.

In part 4,at the ending when you compare Jason height with that of Trish Jarvis,her head is at the height of Jason's neck or bottom part of his face,while here the counselors head are about at where Jason' shoulders start.

Or take the van scene from part 3,when you see Jason trying to grab Chris Higgins from the window only the top part of his head is hidden by the top of the van and for your notice,he is not leaning to get to her,he is standing all the way up,but with the height he as in this game,we wouldnt even see is face since he's taller now,he would have to lower himself so we could see his face when he's grabbing Chris.

I've got a feeling that they also made that design choice because of Kane Hodder,but is Kane really THAT big too ?

Maybe the problem lies with the counselors themselves,they all have about the same height,if they all had a different heights then it would feel more realistic and natural,because so far there is only 2 heights (Jason size and counselors size).

What do you guys think ? Should Jason height be lowered a bit or/and should the counselors have different heights ?

• Like 2

I like it! he looks like an very very imposing guy, but he's not monster big or anything. I dig that height.

And different heights for counselors would mean they'd have to adjust the animations of the game to all of the different heights which means nightmare, so if they can save some time by making them all the same, i'm all for it

if hes not the correct height then no he should be smaller but if its correct then i have no problem.

Kane Hodder is a pretty big guy. So I think it probably is modeled after Kane.

Yeah...if that video is accurate he looks too big.

I rewatched the gameplay and it looks like maybe the counselors could be a little bigger. When the counselors and Jason are separate they look fine, same with the kill views.

I'm sure this is all being ironed out before the beta though, as I remember hearing something about adjusting the door size. Either way I could live with it if they didn't change it, but if they don't....then thanks a lot for putting this in my head! ;)

I don't mind the idea of a hulking Jason. I think it's a non issue personally.

• Like 6

Meh, Can't say I'm a fan of his height but at the same time it kind of makes me wonder what a godzilla size Jason would look like dear god...

Personally I feel like it shouldn't matter. Every detail isn't gonna be on par actually. Also people overlooked this when the game play video came out, of course most are talking about the "head sack" Jason. At the end of the day the choice was made and we just have to live with it. If it's not impacting the game play mechanics with clipping issues and glitches as such then it's fine in my book.

• Like 1

I didn't even notice his height in the game until this. I would guess it'd be for like others were saying for intimidation. Doesn't bother me either way to be honest, but yea if he's like damn Andre the GIant roaming the woods... it'd be a bit much.

As a 6'8 person its nice to feel represented. ;D

Killers should be big, intimidating and imposing so i don't have a problem with Jason being huge.

Well to be fair,i dont mind Jason being that size if that what the devs deciced to go with then so be it,but at the same time there's a part of my mind that tell me that something is off with his size.

To my understanding,i think the real problem lies with the size of the counselors themselves.There will be 11 counselors and from what im seeing,they will all have the same height.

For some peoples it might not be bothering,but it would be weird that 11 peoples show up at Crystal Lake and they all have no difference in height,the chances of that happening in real life or the F13 movies would be quite low and coincidental.

Sure,it make thing easier and faster for production work,but hey i would had expected the nerdy girl to be the shortest of the gang and the head counselor being the tallest to give him a more confident aspect.

As long as it doesnt affect gameplay i dont care how big Jason is. In the movies he is pretty big and most serial killers are large except for chucky and leprechaun the only 2 i know of that are short asses lol

To my understanding,i think the real problem lies with the size of the counselors themselves.There will be 11 counselors and from what im seeing,they will all have the same height.

For some peoples it might not be bothering,but it would be weird that 11 peoples show up at Crystal Lake and they all have no difference in height,the chances of that happening in real life or the F13 movies would be quite low and coincidental.

Sure,it make thing easier and faster for production work,but hey i would had expected the nerdy girl to be the shortest of the gang and the head counselor being the tallest to give him a more confident aspect.

That would mean 11 different sets of animations so that all the counselors' actions remain fluid and don't clash with their surroundings.

And that would mean having to redo new animations each time they want to add a new counselor, if you really want them to all have different heights.

Nightmare.

the height is perfect. very intimidating.   and notice, not once has any previewer said anything about height difference. it's really not exaggerated.

also the counselors being same/similiar height is fine.  people don't even notice that much.   it's not as noticable as say Dark Souls games.   at least the women are actually proportioned like women and look feminine.   despite similiar height, each counselor still has their unique body proportions and build to them that matches their nature.

they have more physical differences to them than say, the counselors in the NES F13th.

and on top of that their costume is customizable.

• Like 1

If that's the height, it ain't changing now.  They've set up their animation pipeline with a very specific scale and interaction reference in mind and, even if IK could make up some of the difference, then scaling up even an inch or two could invalidate all the work they've done so far just on the kills alone.

I'd say, go look at the Kane Hodder mocap videos and see how he stacks up against his other actors.  I'm guessing you might just see a significant difference. ;)  Has it been exaggerated?  Perhaps, but there probably isn't any going back now.

I think the height is fine. I mean, Jason was tall as fuck in FvJ.

Plus, you gotta think about it from a balance perspective. If Jason is too small, it will be easier for him to hide/sneak up on counselors in certain spots.

Not sure what the fuss is about.  Jason is already a deformed freak of nature as it is and in the movies he's clearly punching people's heads off and going one on one with Freddy Kruger.  So what if he's a foot or two taller?

• Like 1

I do like his current height but I think he could maybe be shortened just a tad. Being a slow running 18 year old, he would definitely intimidate me by the size he is though.  Very menacing with those broad shoulders and durability haha

I'm not thinking Jason is to tall.  In the small E3 Gameplay Video where Jason breaks through a door you can see that he fit very well with door frame.  In my opinion Jason a little too small for the door frame or the door ilooks to tall for Jason. It would be cool if the frame was a little bit lower so Jason has to duck his head a little bit to pass through the door.

But what I'm thinking is that the counselors are to small. Compairing it with door frame from the E3 Video and Jasons height in this video I would guess that the counselors has an average height of 160 cm or 5 feet 24".

Here is a little picture i matched together to show what I mean. This is a screenshot from the E3 Video and a shot from the counselor from the video above. Her height should equal to her height in the video.  Compairing with the door frame she looks really small. Have a look on the rain coat on the left side and how high the girl has to raise up her arms to take it from the hook.

6330326430306137.jpg

Being a big guy myself, I know plenty of people that stand at the same level that the counselors do to Jason. Most people are under 6ft tall, and Jason is most often 6'4." That's not giant but compared to someone that's 5'3" the difference looks enormous.

As for the bookish girl being tiny: I once knew a 5'2" tall toothpick of a girl and Jason behind her was me compared to her.

EDIT: After having watched the video, I know what kind of camp the counselors are from: Short camp. Seriously, if Jason is 6'4" then the counselors have to be 5' tall. And having them all be the same height makes some of them look weird, like the Head Counselor having gorilla arms.

i dont understand why they will go to great length to get every little detail then make jason way taller then he should be? again if hes the correct height then there's no problem but if they enlarged him then its a problem.

I agree that he does fit the door frame and sets the mood for a menacing stare and I'm sure the  counselors will be given different heights.  because it is strange with our Gorilla Armed Head counselor.