After reading the forums since the updates, and reading the complaints about item increase, you have improved my Jason play greatly. From what I learned on the forums, instead of warping to objectives first to trap, I warp to campsites to place my traps. Instead of trapping the car, I place the traps close to the tent and shotgun. It has made my Jason killing much more efficient. Thanks again for the tips!!!!!

Share here for any more strategies to combat the increase in item spawns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

From what I learned on the forums, instead of warping to objectives first to trap, I warp to campsites to place my traps. Instead of trapping the car, I place the traps close to the tent and shotgun. It has made my Jason killing much more efficient. Thanks again for the tips!!!!!

Shhhhhh! Don't let the git gudder sissies with their "Advanced techniques" hear you say that. Lol! Pretty awesome strategy, right? Without their super slides, multiple shotguns, pocket knives/med sprays they might go hide up on some glitched rocks again, we don't want that! Without all the goodies the devs have provided their digital avatars are almost as cowardly as their subhuman, troll counterparts on the other side of the tv screens/monitors. They NEED all that to thrive, Without it they're no better than the pathetic sacks of soft flesh they are in reality. It's sad really.....

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 5:53 PM, Manny1985 said:

After reading the forums since the updates, and reading the complaints about item increase, you have improved my Jason play greatly. From what I learned on the forums, instead of warping to objectives first to trap, I warp to campsites to place my traps. Instead of trapping the car, I place the traps close to the tent and shotgun. It has made my Jason killing much more efficient. Thanks again for the tips!!!!!

lmaooo u put traps on campsites

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

lmaooo u put traps on campsites

The forum rules say post with intent. Post something useful that's part of the discussion instead of these kind of replies.

20 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

The forum rules say post with intent. Post something useful that's part of the discussion instead of these kind of replies.

putting traps on campsites are ineffective unless the counselors are noobs

Just now, Aaron said:

putting traps on campsites are ineffective unless the counselors are noobs

That's what you should have said in the first place; at least it offers some insight into what you're saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be the worst idea I've seen on here. Why on earth would you give up your guaranteed defenses at objectives just to potentially stop someone picking up an item or weapon? Are you going to place traps around the picnic table to make sure they don't pick up that one shotgun? Or a pocket knife they can just collect elsewhere?

Yeah, the item increase sucks. But what sucks a whole lot more is leaving your objectives defenseless, and you will definitely regret it against any decent lobby. This makes about as much sense as placing all your traps at windows. It's a terrible strategy.

42 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

This might be the worst idea I've seen on here. Why on earth would you give up your guaranteed defenses at objectives just to potentially stop someone picking up an item or weapon? Are you going to place traps around the picnic table to make sure they don't pick up that one shotgun? Or a pocket knife they can just collect elsewhere?

Yeah, the item increase sucks. But what sucks a whole lot more is leaving your objectives defenseless, and you will definitely regret it against any decent lobby. This makes about as much sense as placing all your traps at windows. It's a terrible strategy.

Traps haven't mattered in a while now. They aren't defending anything.

38 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Traps haven't mattered in a while now. They aren't defending anything.

How they do not matter? Traps defend your objectives by slowing down counselor interaction with them. Good luck facing any team that's competent enough to push just 2 objectives at once without any traps. They are more than the alarm system people think they are, they're a way to prevent a counselor being immediately able to repair something without penalty or delay. Choosing to place traps at anything but objectives is irresponsible, and asking to get your ass handed to you. 

Anyone who endorses this idea as a way to counter increased items doesn't even realise that the way to counter it is by placing traps at objectives. Because it is a guaranteed way to force counselors to use either pocket knife or med spray to disable them. Do you honestly not realise that? I'll take a shotgun in the face any day (providing it even hits) over leaving the phone box defenceless.

• Like 3

@Tommy86 I know what traps are meant for, but with the absurd number of items they are ineffective. Jasons with 3 traps might as well have none.

On 22/12/2017 at 10:53 PM, Manny1985 said:

Round of applause for this man 👏👏👏👏, Thats a really good strategy. I'll have to start using that.

As a counselor, every time I see more than one shotgun at a camp site. I just waste them.

And also take 3 (Maybe 5) pocket knives and dump them in the lakes, so there's not like 20 each game.

I'm also starting to help lower level Jason's get a few kills by allowing them to kill me or sometimes leading them to one of my friends who's playing as a counselor.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

@Tommy86 I know what traps are meant for, but with the absurd number of items they are ineffective. Jasons with 3 traps might as well have none.

I agree that increased item spawns were not a positive addition, and it was very irresponsible of the devs to make that change. But my opinion stands that traps belong at objectives and placing them anywhere else is simply putting yourself at a huge disadvantage.

3 hours ago, Rev_Bartholomew said:

As a counselor, every time I see more than one shotgun at a camp site. I just waste them.

And also take 3 (Maybe 5) pocket knives and dump them in the lakes, so there's not like 20 each game.

Love it, hahahaha! That's the coolest thing EVER! Hope you don't mind Rev but I'm gonna start doing that as well, trollin trolls is so much fun!

12 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I agree that increased item spawns were not a positive addition, and it was very irresponsible of the devs to make that change. But my opinion stands that traps belong at objectives and placing them anywhere else is simply putting yourself at a huge disadvantage.

with how counselors are playing now, they go for items first then objectives.  I prefer to kill them before they get pocketknifes and med sprays.  Plus people know traps are at objectives because everyone puts them there, and have done so since day one. A lot of people,  including myself use that to lead jason to one objective over another. I prefer the element of surprise.