Armaniđź‘‘

Who do you think are the next new counselors?

Fair enough, I guess I may have been exaggerating when I said "Gold." I'm probably the minority but pt. 5 was one of my favorites of the series. He made poor Vinnie deep throat a road flare. 

2 hours ago, MyNameisJason said:

With all due respect, that’s your opinion. I do not believe all of the films were “gold.” I enjoy some more than others as I’m sure most people do. There are select films I highly dislike and wish had not been produced but that’s just my opinion. 

And it’s just that, my opinion. Anyone and everyone is free to disagree or argue their opinion that is what a forum is for. As a Friday the thirteenth fan that’s why I’m here because I enjoy the franchise. I don’t have to love every aspect of it but it holds a special place in my heart nonetheless. 

kill_04.jpg

40 minutes ago, daveliam said:

Part IX is total trash.  Part X feels like it belongs in the Leprechaun series; it’s a total farce.  Freddy v Jason isn’t even worth mentioning.   Part V isn’t great, but at least it feels like a F13 movie at its core.  I’d put it on par with Part VIII as the worst of the first 8 movies.  

On topic -  I’d like another original counselor versus another character from the movies.  If we were looking at tropes, I’d like to see either a cop or a hillbilly/town crazy type since they are pretty prevalent and would be different than what we have already.  I also wouldn’t mind a character based off of hitchhiker/banana girl (Part IV).  All of the female characters are pretty attractive.  Time to add an unattractive lady.  There are already Mitch, Shelly, and LaChappa for the guys.

if they had to do another  character right from the movie, I’d like them to figure out how to get Mark (Part II) into it.  I watched it again last night and his kill is absolutely iconic.  I just don’t know how he’d work given how important window hopping is.   

Banana girl would be hilarious! I also would love to see a cop character and a townie.

As great as adding Mark would be, I really doubt it would ever happen for multi-player because the game would need a massive mechanics overall, or he’d just be a totally hobbled (literally and figuratively) playable character, but I’m willing to bet they’ll add him as a SP challenge somewhere down the line!

I think I want Melissa the most. In the whole horror movie franchise I don't think we had a girl that was downright mean, bitchy, and manipulative as Melissa. She was the true 'mean girl'. I do believe she was the first and only one. 

That itself is already pretty ironic, and when you pair that with her signature hair and snarky comments, its pretty great. The bitchy girl troppe by itself is iconic in the movie industry, it has been since the 70s. 

The bitchy girl troppe like I said earlier is still needed to be fulfilled in this game and I truly believe that she will be the next counselor in this game because we do need a woman to balance it out. 

• Like 3

We need a blonde, female character. I would like to have a cross between Ginny from part 2 and Tina from 7. They had similar hairstyles and clothes. The crossover could be called Gina Shields. 

On 12/24/2017 at 3:14 AM, Barbara Ann said:

First of all, how offensive that you put us all on the same sack. The majority of us had not said a single thing about Reggie and are keeping respectful to their request; if anything, pointing out the obvious and expected issue that is his age. But Im going to let it pass and not hold it against you.

Second, you are barking at the wrong tree. I understand that you want game mechanics to be more complex... And who doesn't? Im with you on this, I want it too. But in that case, why would just -one- character have a special interaction? All of them should be reworked to somehow shine on their own. There are many topics about that and I have participated in some of them. Perhaps it would be more productive to invest time there, creatively, instead of barking at us. It will accomplish nothing.

Finally, #MeanGirls (Is that even a thing...?) -please- back out of this ridiculous argument and get back to topic. It's getting out of hand. 

I'm going to give you the same advice I gave the other poster. Read my post again thoroughly! I get that you're pushing this counselor idea and a big strong supporter of it, but don't follow the same example of that person and let it go to your head. This is NOT DIRECTED AT ALL OF THEM. Did I not mentioned most mean girl fans in my post? It shouldn't be that hard to miss it. Majority of you have not mentioned a single thing about Reggie? No shit, really? Congrats! I never claimed that you did along of whatever "majority" group you considered to be a part of. This really isn't about just Reggie anyway and whatever stan war grudge that's filled you with delusions to believe that. I made this clear in my past comments in this thread, more evidence that you're probably not reading anything I've said clearly(or maybe you didn't at all). 

I've spent plenty of time conducting these ideas in other threads, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have some input around this topic situation. I never was off topic to begin with, this thread covers the topic of next new counselors and every one of my posts in this thread is counselor related including my ideas of implementing them as "hero" types. The argument is only ridiculous to you because it seems like you along with a few others decided to get triggered from an opinion I had.

Whoever the next counselor is, they had better have high luck. That is the stat that has received the least love from the devs by far. Only 3 characters have higher than 5 luck, and one of them has a 6. All post-release counselors have had terrible luck.

13 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I think they should add Chad as a counselor.

They should. Petition to add Chad in the game. #giveuschad.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2017 at 6:03 AM, daveliam said:

All of the female characters are pretty attractive.  Time to add an unattractive lady. 

We already have AJ the purple-haired pear. 

20 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

They should. Petition to add Chad in the game. #giveuschad.

Thank you for your support. I really think this idea could work.

Ok, I feel like I just watched a twilight zone episode after reading all that! Iconic.... Reggie and Melissa? Really? So, when you mention Friday the 13th to someone they say "You mean those movies with Reggie and Melissa?" Jason, Pamela, Tommy, and Crazy Ralph are iconic characters in Friday the 13th. All the others are beloved by fans, which is of personal opinion. I like both Reggie and Melissa too, but let's be real here! If anything they are iconic to their troupe, not the Friday the 13th movies. Melissa is a queen among her troupe, Can't remember any girl better than her at what she did in any movie I've seen up to then. And as far as Reckless Reggie goes, have you ever seen the original black and white night of the living dead? The end of that movie sums up the fate of black males in movies pretty nicely. With that said, I am a white guy so no bias here. Reggie is iconic to horror as being able to survive a 80's slasher film, even still.... When you mention him to anyone who has never seen a Friday the 13th film, they would say "Who?" Same for Melissa. Jason, Pamela, Tommy, and Crazy Ralph will get the most recognition as being iconic to Friday the 13th. Hell, most people who've never seen Friday the 13th wouldn't know who Pamela was if not for Scream. Much less Tommy, or Crazy Ralph. I agree that we need a bitchy, mean girl in the game as a new character. Not Melissa, just a general character like AJ is to Violet. Reggie should not be in this game as a child, period. If they do bring him in it should be as an 19-20 yr old hero character, on a pinehurst map as a Returning mental patient. But this time he's up against the real Jason! I can get with that, after we get a fashionista bitch who complains about fucking up her outfit when Jason slashes her. That would bring something new to the game. After that bring on Pinehurst map, with our new hero Reckless Reggie. Who's returning after many years to conquer his demons, and he finds Tommy's nemesis waiting for him. Now, we also need new heroes besides Tommy and eventually Reggie. We need some badass ladies too Right? Trish for the Jarvis map would be logical, and Tina of course if we ever get a Sheppard residence map. And obviously, KM for Jason in space.

I am thinking they might just use the stats and figure out who the most popular counselors are that people like to use the most and make the new counselor some sort of interesting variation or improvement on that counselor.  That might make the most people happy.  A Tiffany like character with high strength and red hair or something.

7 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Whoever the next counselor is, they had better have high luck. That is the stat that has received the least love from the devs by far. Only 3 characters have higher than 5 luck, and one of them has a 6. All post-release counselors have had terrible luck.

I want a male with high luck + composure

2 hours ago, Madmaxxxxxxx7 said:

I am thinking they might just use the stats and figure out who the most popular counselors are that people like to use the most and make the new counselor some sort of interesting variation or improvement on that counselor.  That might make the most people happy.  A Tiffany like character with high strength and red hair or something.

There are certain character themes that need a representation in game (I don't think we need to divulge which ones anymore), but there will be a limit in the stats as to variation that 1) represents the character tropes and 2) doesn't match any others. If I may change the topic slightly, playing Jason currently isn't easy and many complain about this -that counselors have an advantage over him. Perhaps there may be some counselor nerf update, but it might be interesting if new counsellors were at the lower end of the scale with stats that make it slightly harder to play. May be this could be offset slightly with individual counsellor themed bonus? Nothing to outrageous though just enough to make them themed and likeable but not trolling Jason.

For example:

-  Reggie was good at running so give him a 50% faster re-gen to stamina or stamina regenerates when moving. (expert runner perk).

- Melissa the mean girl, XP bonus for not using a weapon in game. (You do it bitch, I might crack a nail perk).

Off set these with weaker stats for balance.

Etc.

Don't know if this would be good or a waste of time - I've just thought of it!

4 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Ok, I feel like I just watched a twilight zone episode after reading all that! Iconic.... Reggie and Melissa? Really? So, when you mention Friday the 13th to someone they say "You mean those movies with Reggie and Melissa?" Jason, Pamela, Tommy, and Crazy Ralph are iconic characters in Friday the 13th. All the others are beloved by fans, which is of personal opinion. I like both Reggie and Melissa too, but let's be real here! If anything they are iconic to their troupe, not the Friday the 13th movies. Melissa is a queen among her troupe, Can't remember any girl better than her at what she did in any movie I've seen up to then. And as far as Reckless Reggie goes, have you ever seen the original black and white night of the living dead? The end of that movie sums up the fate of black males in movies pretty nicely. With that said, I am a white guy so no bias here. Reggie is iconic to horror as being able to survive a 80's slasher film, even still.... When you mention him to anyone who has never seen a Friday the 13th film, they would say "Who?" Same for Melissa. Jason, Pamela, Tommy, and Crazy Ralph will get the most recognition as being iconic to Friday the 13th. Hell, most people who've never seen Friday the 13th wouldn't know who Pamela was if not for Scream. Much less Tommy, or Crazy Ralph. I agree that we need a bitchy, mean girl in the game as a new character. Not Melissa, just a general character like AJ is to Violet. Reggie should not be in this game as a child, period. If they do bring him in it should be as an 19-20 yr old hero character, on a pinehurst map as a Returning mental patient. But this time he's up against the real Jason! I can get with that, after we get a fashionista bitch who complains about fucking up her outfit when Jason slashes her. That would bring something new to the game. After that bring on Pinehurst map, with our new hero Reckless Reggie. Who's returning after many years to conquer his demons, and he finds Tommy's nemesis waiting for him. Now, we also need new heroes besides Tommy and eventually Reggie. We need some badass ladies too Right? Trish for the Jarvis map would be logical, and Tina of course if we ever get a Sheppard residence map. And obviously, KM for Jason in space.

Reggie is the most iconic character of Part 5 other than Tommy.

He's remembered, more than Melissa. 

Regardless, Melissa and Reggie add something to the game as counslers. Ralph isn't really marketable as a counselor, I can't see people besides die hard fans playing him. He could be implemented a different way in the game. Like as a spawn to increase fear levels for the players.

Reggie probably wouldn't be a hero. And yes, he'd be 18. The Devs won't add kids. 

9 minutes ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

The shiniest turd in the pile of shit that is Part 5.

20 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

img011.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

We need karate Elvis!!!!

I think you'll find that's the next clothing DLC!

23 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

The shiniest turd in the pile of shit that is Part 5.

I didn't find part 5 to be that bad when you compare it to say Manhattan (I watched it yesterday, God it felt under budget). Anyhow I think it would have been better if Reggie was the one that fell in the mud about to get stabbed and Pam drove the tractor into Jason. Would have seemed more realistic, thinking about it could Reggie reach the pedals to drive in the first place? He stands out as memorable to some for being different. The comedy clown act if you will, a fill in distraction to the main characters, a token gesture of suspense of I hope the poor innocent kid survives. If he was a few years older no one would worry about him and he would probably have died.

I really hate that I am saying this but ... shaggy and scooby would be  actually really cool to see

11 minutes ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

He's remembered, more than Melissa. 

Regardless, Melissa and Reggie add something to the game as counslers. Ralph isn't really marketable as a counselor, I can't see people besides die hard fans playing him. He could be implemented a different way in the game. Like as a spawn to increase fear levels for the players.

Reggie probably wouldn't be a hero. And yes, he'd be 18. The Devs won't add

Ok, where are you getting your information? And don't say that ridiculous poll of who is more iconic? Reggie or Melissa? That's like asking, Who's more iconic? Sideshow Mel or Lunch lady Doris? The Simpsons themselves are Iconic, not some sidenote characters. You throw Icon in the conversation like it means something it doesn't. There is one iconic character in Friday the 13th, Jason. Are Reggie and Melissa memorable? Hell yes they are! Part 5, most people will remember Demon singing in the outhouse before they think of Reggie. And when most people think of part 7 it's " Isn't that the one with the girl who has telekinesis or something?" Both characters are beloved by fans, but outside of that not so much.

TL/DR Up until now:

Meangirl:  17 People

MichaelMemers, NScarlato, Tyrant666, Barbara Ann, Culp, aKamikaziMan

BFizzle, Tiffany, TheReaper666, RoyBurns, Kitcat, Redrum138

Santi_Lee, BeautyNumber2, GummyBish, TiffanyIsBae, IronKnight55

Reggie: 8 People

Armani, Gtdlocker311,
TyroneKing, TheReaper666, RoyBurns, LiquidSwordsman, CPLhicks31, bewareofbears

KM 14:  7 People

Mr. Daggert, Barbara Ann, NScarlato, WashingtonJones, TheReaper666, Oct 31 1978, i-Cold

Miscellaneous Ideas: 

Final Boyfriend: NScarlato, BFizzle

Megan:  aKamikaziman, TheReaper666, Trident77, NScarlato

Trish:  He’s Killing Me, Gummybish

Dr. Crews:  Tyrant666, SDA

Adrienne:  Tiffany, WashingtonJones

Jimmy:  Chad Face

Janessa: Barbara Ann, WashingtonJones

Crazy Ralph:  JasonVsWindows, NoOneK9503, Daveliam

Older Cop:  Tiffany, Daveliam

Jimbo:  Goodgodman

Tina:  TheReaper666, Liquid Swordsman

Ginni/Tina:  Germaniac

Brodski:  TheReaper666, Oct 31 1978

Muffin:  NScarlato

@NScarlato Ooh, add me to the Megan list! Would absolutely love to see my favorite final girl show up in the game, complete with easter eggs involving Tommy Jarvis.