[IllFonic]Courier

Status of the "100% achievements" / "The Final Chapter" bug

We've identified the cause of the issue that players are experiencing after earning “The Final Chapter” achievement

Our team is working quickly to resolve this issue for the upcoming patch

We apologize to all users affected and appreciate your patience and understanding

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the update. It's appreciated.

____

For those unaware of this issue, the game crashes to the home screen in every match once you have all the Achievements in the Xbox One version of the game. No matter if you are Jason or a Counselor in; Quickplay, Private or Offline with Bots. I have yet to crash in the Virtual Cabin.

WARNING: Loud game crashing noise in video:

• Thanks 1

Look at that!!!

I don't even have this problem and I thanked the @[IllFonic]Courier for this.

And not because it's gonna stop the new threads and posts on the subject, but because it's a great example that these guys really care and that they can get things done!

• Like 3

Great news.

I love that the Illfonic team seems to be paying attention to the issues we're pointing out. They've already acknowledged the problems with counselor traps at the moment too.

Hopefully the team can get their wheels back over the holidays and things can really get rolling in the new year.

I still have faith that a lot of this stuff can be turned around, as long as the priorities are right and they listen to what the community is saying.

I asked Randy on the stream tonight, and he might be the wrong person to ask. But I was wondering if the current number of items spawning at camp fires and the other new spots is intentional or if something might be a bit off there? I doubt a single fire is meant to have a med spray, pocket knife AND shotgun.

Good to know. I hurt for those who have been stuck in this bug unable to play for so long. 

Do we know, definitively, if this next patch will be a balance orientated update? I’m sure it’s most likely too soon to disclose or elaborate upon but figured I’d ask. 

Merry Christmas to the devs and all those involved. I know it’s early but it’s the thought that counts right. 

• Thanks 1

Would it be possible to get an answer for why the achievement causes the game to crash? Why would a game freeze because of an unlockable? Syntax in coding? A "fault" of some sort?

• Thanks 1

I was almost happy to hear this, but I don't care anymore. I reported this issue as early as 9/9/17 and was ignored for months until it happened to several others. Then someone from illfonic basically called me a liar and said they never knew anything about it. I loved this game and even took an alternate profile to level 95. It's going to take something special to bring me back. 

• Sad 1

It seems like it would take forever to play all those games as Jason. I'm getting close to 300 hours in and no where near close to it.

What about ingame badges like hididng spot kill, jason kill and trapping jason. highly bugged for me. also steam achievements are still a mess. i got the hidden kill jason when i had 3 kills on the ingame badge already (having way more than that tough). wich now seems only to work when i am in spec and jason gets killed since the last patch.

19 hours ago, carnage4u said:

It seems like it would take forever to play all those games as Jason. I'm getting close to 300 hours in and no where near close to it.

I was just under 800 hours when this happened. 

It would be nice to have some type of stat page on PS4. The game has been out half a year now on digital. I'd like to know where I stand on these remaining 3 trophies.

On 12/22/2017 at 4:48 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We've identified the cause of the issue that players are experiencing after earning “The Final Chapter” achievement

Our team is working quickly to resolve this issue for the upcoming patch

We apologize to all users affected and appreciate your patience and understanding

Any word yet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, My dad owns this place said:

Any word yet?

Pretty shitty of them not to give any updates or even try for a hot fix. 

Rather than make a hot fix they are just going to let players sit with this show stopper bug for over two weeks now and maybe more?  Really awesome way to take care of their players experiencing this issue.  :rolleyes:  A+ work gentlemen.  

• Sad 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, Corkenstein said:

Rather than make a hot fix they are just going to let players sit with this show stopper bug for over two weeks now and maybe more?  Really awesome way to take care of their players experiencing this issue.  :rolleyes:  A+ work gentlemen.  

Is this game even capable of being hotfixed? I believe every title update has been a full download of a completely new build of the game rather than a download of files to add/replace to the existing game like you see in weekly updates to hotfixed games. I don't believe this issue is something that can be done with a server side fix. I also don't think we can expect them to do a separate patch just for this issue that apparently only exists on Xbox One.

They said they were working on this for the upcoming patch. I just hope it's fixed and that we see a patch by the end of January or in time for any possible Valentine's Day DLC update.

I too would appreciate an update but they weren't in the office over Christmas and New Years so nothing is likely to have been worked on in the past couple of weeks.

EDIT: Randy did not do a Twitch Stream.

_

If Randy is doing a Twitch Stream tonight I would like to see people ask him about this issue instead of asking about Uber Jason and the Grendel Map.

if this has been said before i apologize but has anyone else had the bug when you are host and then become Jason as soon as the round starts it dashboards you? on xbox one i am not sure about the other 2 platforms. and its not just me in a group with 3 friends and we all tested it when one of us is host and they become jason.... dashboard. this bug and the achievement bug are the worst i am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

2 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Is this game even capable of being hotfixed? Every title update has been a full download a completely new build of the game rather than a download of files to add/replace to the existing game like you see in weekly updates to hotfixed games. I don't believe this issue is something that can be done with a server side fix. I also don't think we can expect them to do a separate patch just for this issue that apparently only exists on Xbox One.

They said they were working on this for the upcoming patch. I just hope it's fixed and that we see a patch by the end of January or in time for any possible Valentine's Day DLC update.

I too would appreciate an update but they weren't in the office over Christmas and New Years so nothing is likely to have been worked on in the past couple of weeks.

If Randy is doing a Twitch Stream tonight I would like to see people ask him about this issue instead of asking about Uber Jason and the Grendel Map.

It can most certainly be hot fixed.  This situation is what hot fixes are made for.  To make a quick update to the game addressing a major bug or concern to/from your players.  It doesn't need a whole new build.  Multiple titles have done this before for major issues.

It needs to be before end of Jan or Feb because that means people experiencing this bug are not able to play MP for over a month?  That's pretty ridiculous.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Unfortunately, and as someone who claims to have worked at a triple-A publisher should know, the holiday season effectively halts all possibility for publication on consoles with Xbox One and PlayStation 4. I'd also like to point out that the brutal truth here is that the population with 100% achievements on one platform (Xbox One is where this issue is occurring) accounts for such a low number that there isn't much justification in halting the production pipeline to ready a patch up, post a build for cert and then get approval for a single issue that affects >.01% of the population on the single platform. 

It sucks for those players and we do get that these are people that have played hundreds and hundreds of hours (those that do it normally, rather than those abusing the system...which we are very easily able to detect those users that cheese the system). They've put a lot of time and energy into our game and it sucks that after completing every aspect of the game that's measured for achievements that they are essentially locked out. That sucks. 

We have to weigh the positives and the negatives;

1. We identified the issue on Dec. 22nd. We cannot force a patch during the holidays due to scheduling that is outside of our control with the 1st party platforms. 

2. The effected number of users is incredibly, incredibly, incredibly minor in a way that if we do decide to fix an issue for such a small number it would affect the overall timeline of work being done on other issues that are more pressing for our users that occur for the vast majority. 

This all comes down to hard numbers and what's the most pertinent issues for our community at large. We will have a fix in, and it will be coming with the next patch and that is exactly what the notification was on the original post, straight from the community manager of IllFonic. Not sure what more we can say? 

• Like 1