Sign in to follow this  
carnage4u

2nd amendment in full swing at these camps. (screenshot)

The Community: "Jason feels nerfed and definitely not as powerful. This isn't the same game anymore."

The Devs: "We'll look into this."

**adds more shotguns and items**

It's trolling at this point. Trolling.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

This should be fun to play until the end of January...

Who's to say they don't f**k that patch up too? Given their track record, I'd say it's likely.

55 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

The Community: "Jason feels nerfed and definitely not as powerful. This isn't the same game anymore."

The Devs: "We'll look into this."

**adds more shotguns and items**

It's trolling at this point. Trolling.

No doubt, There's been countless threads about the current state of Jason and his difficulties in catching coordinated counselors and what do they do? Add even MORE stuff to make Jason's chase of the counselors MORE arduous and time consuming.

That's what upsets me, it feels like a giant middle finger to the legit complaints.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Yeah...looking into this currently, but let's ensure we aren't getting into politics ;).  

“Getting into politics” sorry bud but everything is political whether you admit to it or not.

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

This is a bug, for sure. There's no way they meant to add so much to the campsites.

The intention was probably to have one of the current items spawn at campsites. Not everything.

Another simple oversight, of course.

It's kinda nice having a "one stop shop" in the game though. You can usually just run to a camp fire and find a shotgun, pocket knife, and med spray. Then you're ready to roll. :P

If it's a bug, they clearly never playtested a single match. But I suppose that's obvious given what happened to counselor traps.

There's no excuses anymore to be so continually cavallier with the balance and bugs in the game. Every single patch it happens.

Either the developers don't know what they're doing, or they just don't give a shit about the impact of the quality of their work on the community. There's no middle ground 

I'm not sure which is more damning. I wouldn't trust Gun Media not to fuck up a cup of coffee.

• Like 2

It's a 50/50 thought process. They're all likeable people really. It's very clear Wes means well in everything he does (even when patches are degrading the game) he's a decent bloke who wants the best for this game and look's out for his staff, Ronnie is sharp and the bad cop of the "good Cop/bad Cop" operation (brilliant), Randy is really accessible on social media and works beyond his call of duty,  Ben would love to see me evaporate in a vat of sulphuric acid... of that I'm sure....but Ben basically did an a++ software community job by himself 2015--2017 with the kind of figures a a++ company would dedicate a whole office to. That's a context in itself. 

Balance needs to be sorted though. It's supposed to be survival horror. Hopefully shit'll get sorted in the New Year! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

It's a 50/50 thought process. They're all likeable people really. It's very clear Wes means well in everything he does (even when patches are degrading the game) he's a decent bloke who wants the best for this game and look's out for his staff, Ronnie is sharp and the bad cop of the "good Cop/bad Cop" operation (brilliant), Randy is really accessible on social media and works beyond his call of duty,  Ben would love to see me evaporate in a vat of sulphuric acid... of that I'm sure....but Ben basically did an a++ software community job by himself 2015--2017 with the kind of figures a a++ company would dedicate a whole office to. That's a context in itself. 

Balance needs to be sorted though. It's supposed to be survival horror. Hopefully shit'll get sorted in the New Year! 

I refuse to believe it's anything other than a mixture of incompetence and lack of giving a shit.

Every single patch there's been entirey avoidable game-breaking issues introduced. Not obscure things either. Stuff that most people have realised literally one match into the patch, meaning it had to have been noticed by QA. They just didn't care.

Let me repeat that. They just didn't care. This cannot be argued at this point. Gun do not give a shit.

After the 5th or so time in a row this has happened, and the 7th month of release, you start to see a pattern and stop giving them the benefit of the doubt.

All I know is that this game ran in a stable manner, had great atmosphere, and was a blast to play on release. Now it's an utterly fucking joyless experience to play, doesn't feel scary or like anything like the films, and has an often crippling FPS. Every single patch has made the game worse in some way on either a technical or balance level, or both.

Heads should fucking roll. Now. Not "Soon".

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Let me repeat that. They just didn't care. This cannot be argued at this point. Gun do not give a shit.

After the 5th or so time in a row this has happened, and the 7th month of release, you start to see a pattern and stop giving them the benefit of the doubt.

All I know is that this game ran in a stable manner, had great atmosphere, and was a blast to play on release. 

1. One can always argue that. It's an assumption you made/make and those can always be argued against. Lots of patch changes which weren't free content anyway were results of listening to the players. How you are coming to the conclusion they don't care I don't know.

2. I can only speak for PS4 release, but if you'd claim the game was running "in a stable manner" when released on that platform you either have a clouded memory or you would be flat out lying. The game is definetly running better now than at release for all the people I know. That's not to say we are riding on unicorns through rainbow-candy-land, but it's noticeably improved from around release.

FWIW, I agree with the sentiments that Jason needs to be more menacing again. But I don't see the game as ruined or Gun as not caring. 

Easy fix, get into a dev game with one of the developers, get a counselor mob against the dev if they are Jason and show them why Jason is broken. Use all the knives and shotguns on the map in game, juke,etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Heads should fucking roll. Now. Not "Soon".

Just fire up the Offline using Part 7. The Pamela is great to get the heads rolling.

Sorry, had to do it.

23 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Make jokes all you want but when a supernatural killer is coming after you I'll have my car loaded with weapons to take the creature out. 

7729bb90a4b535c086ab4eac288ba4ae.jpg

Nice 67 Chevy. What part of Ohio do you live?

A beautiful piece of machinery that 67 Impala is.

I believe that car belongs to these brothers named Sam & Dean Winchester. And I don't think they have a permanent residence. 

4 hours ago, TheReaper666 said:

Nice 67 Chevy. What part of Ohio do you live?

I don't own the car, I'm looking for a 67 to fix up. and I don't live in the potato state, I live in the land of Lincoln Illinois lol  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I don't own the car, I'm looking for a 67 to fix up. and I don't live in the potato state, I live in the land of Lincoln Illinois lol  

I live in IL as well.  Look up country classic cars in staunton, IL.  They usually have a good selection of old muscle cars.  Heard they had a fire though. Not sure how much inventory got chewed up.  

19 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

The counselors are like the beer belly posse looking for Michael Myers on Halloween 4.  They're gonna accidentally shoot Rob in the intro soon.

HAHAHAHAAHAH!! "They're gonna accidentally shoot ROB in the intro soon" baahaha Love it

3 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I live in IL as well.  Look up country classic cars in staunton, IL.  They usually have a good selection of old muscle cars.  Heard they had a fire though. Not sure how much inventory got chewed up.  

I'll give them a check, I'm in southern ill so I'll see

• Like 1

On 23.12.2017 at 12:37 AM, AldermachXI said:

It's kinda nice having a "one stop shop" in the game though. You can usually just run to a camp fire and find a shotgun, pocket knife, and med spray. Then you're ready to roll. :P

Ready to troll you mean...;)

Seriously, though. I had MP rounds with two loaded camp sites (Higgins and Higgins small), two shot guns, med spray at each site, pocket knives at each site. I had other rounds where I'd loot three houses and two camp sites, all seemingly untouched. I got one medspray and an axe. It was such a weird volatility in item spawn rate.