Sign in to follow this  
Super Ty

This patch has broken Jason's back.

I've mostly been messing around with the offline stuff since the patch came out. But last night I got my first true taste of being Jason after this patch. After 2 consecutive rounds of the person being selected as Jason quitting at the beginning because they were Jason, I had my shot, and played him 3 out of five rounds. I was never the greatest Jason, but I always managed to kill more than half. Not last night, not a single time. The amount of items at campsites is just insane, and it's now mob rule. Game starts, counselors rush to camp sites, load up on items, and the hunt for Jason is on. Traps are completely ineffective. In fact, some folks even set them off to use them as bait to lure Jason in, and like a pack of wolves, they start attacking. This was consistently happening to ALL Jason's, well, the one's that didn't rage quit anyway. The game in this state is not what it was intended to be, and the only way I can express my dissatisfaction with it, is with my dollars. I'm not buying the J7 kill pack until he gets a major over haul, and I don't think I'll be playing MP as much anymore until Jason is playable again. I'll just play MP when I'm in the mood to be counselor. I want to fear Jason when I’m a counselor, and he should ALWAYS be the hunter, not the hunted. Undoubtedly there are those who will disagree with what I'm saying, and that's fine. This is just my feeling about the current state of the game. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Yeah the developers ruined Jason and destroyed the balance, so they could cater to the casual player who wants to survive every single match. People will tell you to adapt, or how they still get 8/8 but to the average Jason player they are screwed. They turned this into a safari hunter game, and the prey is Jason. 

The casual players the developers are now taking sides with won’t stick with this game for the long run. They will get bored and move on. The dedicated fans are overall pissed at this balance, and are leaving because of it.

I’ve been a strong fan and supporter of this game, but with these recent changes I’m about ready to move on and play something else.

• Thanks 4

i haven't played MP since the newest patch because it didn't address balance issues (and they didn't add dedicated servers.) until that stuff is fixed, it's not even worth my time to pull out my headset. i'll either play the bots to farm cp & xp or play something else. 

i played 2 or 3 rounds last weekend right before the patch dropped and it was the same crap. no one did anything except run around playing "beat the shit out of jason." i escaped by myself every time (as vanessa) while everyone stayed behind and hit him with frying pans. if the campsites are as stacked as i'm hearing they are, i won't be returning until it's changed. so dumb.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think its as bad as the op claims (I believe it was for them but not for me). Counsellors will always like to gang up and go for the kill on Jason, like going after moby dick. It's bound to happen...

That said I totally concur that it happens too much now and the added items make it a pain. Worth noting is that there are now less overall med sprays, but a couple more pocket knives and additional shotguns.

If it were up to me i'd remove the added knives and simply spread the original number of knives out between campsites and drawers. I'd also give each Jason two extra traps.

7 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

That said I totally concur that it happens too much now and the added items make it a pain. Worth noting is that there are now less overall med sprays, but a couple more pocket knives and additional shotguns.

If it were up to me i'd remove the added knives and simply spread the original number of knives out between campsites and drawers. I'd also give each Jason two extra traps.

I like that idea. As someone who runs in a group where everyone has the medic perk, med sprays will never be a problem for any of us. 

It's a horror game, limitation of resources is a big factor in those. IMO the resources should be spread thin between all 7 councilors, no one should have a full loadout.

• Like 1

Since my survival rate is at an all time high now, I'm willing to start helping Jason out. Run to all the campfires and waste all the shotguns. Collect all med sprays and pocket knives and dump them in a corner where no one will find them. Then proceed to play the game normally.

I am that pisses about the state of this game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Sounds like the devs just keep making bad decision after bad decision and not learning from their mistakes.

Idk if i'm grateful or not that I can't even play online this patch. When this game launched it ran almost flawlessly, maintaining an easy 50-65fps even on my lower end rig and now I can barely hit 5-10 on my dedicated gaming pc.

What. The. Fuck.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Since my survival rate is at an all time high now, I'm willing to start helping Jason out. Run to all the campfires and waste all the shotguns. Collect all med sprays and pocket knives and dump them in a corner where no one will find them. Then proceed to play the game normally.

I really don't blame you. It's tempting to run around the map as Vanessa and balance it first before playing regularly. :lol:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I don't think its as bad as the op claims (I believe it was for them but not for me). Counsellors will always like to gang up and go for the kill on Jason, like going after moby dick. It's bound to happen...

The OP is entirely correct; the latest patch drastically altered balance and has changed how many/what ability level counselors are going toe to toe with Jason (and not suffering for it). Before this Jason could have been balanced with hit detection fixes, a wider and only slightly longer grab cone, and the goddamn windows. Now...holy shit, it's a war zone.

My first QP last night I was Pt 4 on a regular map...went 8/8 after eating 4 shotguns and 8 knives. It was tedious and unfun, but because people broke and ran after the first gang fight they all died.

My 2nd run as Pt 4 was on Pack Small a few rounds later...what a mess. Phone and 4 seater at the top of the map...nobody tried to fix either car. The whole row of cabins including the phone was doorless and full of broken windows from the start...didn't matter. A gang of 6 counselors worked together to battle me constantly for the phone, only losing a couple members over the first ten minutes. One or two members would dip out for items/weapons, while the core kept up the fight. Lost the mask very early. Eventually all items/weapons from the sites and cabins up top were depleted, so the phone was largely abandoned in favor of trying to kill me. The only reason that failed after I decided to keep engaging was these were a bunch of relatively inexperienced players who were too dumb to figure out how to correctly sweater/stun/kill before I finished resisting. Battle Chads and high level Vanessas these were not...just rando lvl 30s who were handed a metric fuckton of shotguns, sprays, and knives. By the end of the round three counselors (including Jarvis) were still alive and daring me to grab them because even after eating at least 7 knives they all still had one.

Until sanity is restored, I'm done being Jason aside from offline. I'm still set to Prefer Jason for MP and won't quit when selected, but I'm not engaging. The devs can let Counselors think this is Doom all they like; that's not a game I'll help anyone else play.

29 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Or do what I do, after doing all of this. Take the sweater and waste it immediately. Nothing pisses these little shitheads off more than knowing they can't get their free Jason kills.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Or do what I do, after doing all of this. Take the sweater and waste it immediately. Nothing pisses these little shitheads off more than knowing they can't get their free Jason kills.

Think I might just keep it till the end of the round. It is winter, after all!

I respectfully disagree since the patch I still have had matches where I've gone 8/8 several matches not all the time but I still do decent as Jason 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archgamer said:

lol i thought i was the only one wasting guns and shit on purpose because i feel that bad for jason now

My experience has not been nearly that bad, but I do agree there are too many items (as I stated in the other portion of my post).

I agree with the op. Its a chore to play as Jason now. Bad enough when they nerfed his grab so badly that his hand would go right through them. But now they are armed to the teeth with shotguns and pocket knives, too.

I'm pretty good at Jason and trying to kill me is going to be and has always been your funeral. But it's not fun. Overcoming flustration is key with Jason and that isn't fun at all.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Bad enough when they nerfed his grab so badly that his hand would go right through them.

I never understood this argument. The grab has always had a very short startup, a small amount of active frames, and a majority of recovery. The active frames for the grab animation are a little after the initial frames to the midpoint of the grab animation. The act of his arm coming down is entirely during recovery frames.

It was much easier to grab prior to the October 25th patch. Ever since then, Jason has been put at a disadvantage for not being able to do his job as efficiently.

I do agree there is too much shotgun and pocket knifes there's many ways to balance both side plus the next patch is a balancing one if you want my opinions Jason never was a big threat it was at first because we were less experimented but grab range was too wide they balance it to make it more realistic and it is but thing is that it have a bad hitbox same for weapon.

Things to balance him in my opinion.

- Make running Jason run a little faster.

- Increase weapon range slightly.

- Increase shift speed on part 7 with shift as a weakness the weakness is suppose to increase cooldown.

In that patch they have nerf boat and cars speed which for me is a good thing as they make motorboarding , Lead Foot and Speed Demon more viable at least this is a buff to Jason i like the way the game is  but what the game need to be buffed is drawer there is too many empty drawer maybe a new item like a tool to allow repairs except gas maybe he would repair less quicker at the condition they are rare or shown on map for Jason to stop them you understand the idea.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Archgamer said:

Next time I play as a counselor (until the next patch undoes all of the damage, I hope), I should do that. This shall be the start of the "Bitchy Jenny" era.

I’m calling total bulls**t on those claiming they ate 7 or 8 pocket knives. I’m almost certain it’s just your imagination that you encountered that many, or you’re just simply exaggerating. I know it seems like after youve taken a couple in the neck that EVERY counselor has one, but it’s just not the case. Now if this can be proven, with video evidence I’ll recant that statement, but my experience hasn’t seen an increase in knives. I’m still coming across 4-5 per match. 

1 hour ago, John Wick said:

I’m calling total bulls**t on those claiming they ate 7 or 8 pocket knives. I’m almost certain it’s just your imagination that you encountered that many, or you’re just simply exaggerating. I know it seems like after youve taken a couple in the neck that EVERY counselor has one, but it’s just not the case. Now if this can be proven, with video evidence I’ll recant that statement, but my experience hasn’t seen an increase in knives. I’m still coming across 4-5 per match. 

My next Jason runs I will record and count knives. I'm wondering myself.

On 12/23/2017 at 2:38 AM, John Wick said:

If I found five... imagine how many more there are floating around.

IMG_2c08d217-779b-450a-b0ec-9c2c67563b52_49.png

• Thanks 2

I haven't played a single online match since the update.  I have no desire to.  The increased items and other issues with trap placement have discouraged me from even attempting to play online.  Instead, I've opted for bots.  I'm really enjoying the offline portion and finally getting to track down counselors the way I feel Jason should.   It is a ton of fun for me.  I won't be going back to multi player anytime soon.