Sign in to follow this  
steven_kale99

Two player version?

Please ignore if this has been discussed  already. But I think a 2 player version would be cool. Could do a split screen effect like Mario Cart on Super NES back in the day. 

Word.

But what if the second player spawned as Jason. He would know where the first player would be.

I think this would only work well for offline counselor play. Like @Fume said, if one spawns as Jason the game would be pointless.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fume said:

Word.

But what if the second player spawned as Jason. He would know where the first player would be.

Hmmm...very true. Maybe a 2 player mode where you play as counselors against Jason then? 

41 minutes ago, steven_kale99 said:

Hmmm...very true. Maybe a 2 player mode where you play as counselors against Jason then? 

My thoughts:

- players that are using split screen shouldn't be picked as Jason

- their name tags should at least specify that they're using split screen (either with their names being different colors or an asterisk or something next to it, and if possible an achievement with a cheesy name each time you kill both players that are using split screen)

- when one player dies, the screen should revert back to normal, to make it easier for which ever player is still around

- maybe have a 2 player mode where you have to survive against 2 slightly weaker Jason's

23 hours ago, Kelmo said:

My thoughts:

- players that are using split screen shouldn't be picked as Jason

- their name tags should at least specify that they're using split screen (either with their names being different colors or an asterisk or something next to it, and if possible an achievement with a cheesy name each time you kill both players that are using split screen)

- when one player dies, the screen should revert back to normal, to make it easier for which ever player is still around

- maybe have a 2 player mode where you have to survive against 2 slightly weaker Jason's

Agreed! Maybe one day we will get this!

I would love a local split screen option. I know they have said there wasn't going to be one but maybe in the future. My wife and i love playing coop games and because we only have one ps4 we can't just play on seperate systems. If the option was implemented for online mp then i would agree that neither players should be picked as Jason as they would be able to see the other player. I think this option could also work for offline bot mode where the two players can be counselors or one can be jason and the other a counselor. @ShiftySamurai Is this something that has been discussed or that could be possible in the future?

I'd be okay with it being that it was offline only and even one person is to be jason while the other is a counselor. Just to spice up the gameplay a little for offline.

I'd like a 2 player split-screen offline counselor mode as well.I have a learning disability,and the reason i play offline is that i'm not too good at playing against other players.As a result,i tend to stay away from Player VS Player stuff,it's not really my thing,but my disability is a situation that affects me directly,so not every player is in the same situation i am in.Having a friend play Jason against me offline would not help me,but it would be nice to have in there as an option for those who want it.The first player should be a counselor,and then the 2nd player could have the option of being a counselor as well,or Jason,so that offline play has more options.That would be fun.

Or what if you made it like an online co-op mode, so that both you and player 2 show up on the same screen without it being split. Think Resident Evil 5 type gameplay. You would both have to play as counselors and it would be a fun way of teaming up. This would be exclusive to an inverted version of offline bots where it's two actual players, plus however many bots you want, versus Jason 

12 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Or what if you made it like an online co-op mode, so that both you and player 2 show up on the same screen without it being split. Think Resident Evil 5 type gameplay. You would both have to play as counselors and it would be a fun way of teaming up. This would be exclusive to an inverted version of offline bots where it's two actual players, plus however many bots you want, versus Jason 

Resident Evil 5 was split-screen for offline mode.The big problem with 2 players sharing a non-splitscreen view is that the players are then forced to stay together.Some people may wish to seperate from their partner to either find supplies faster,or to lure Jason away from their partner a safe distance.I could see if it was an extra challenge mode that people could pick,but someone like me would not want to be forced to play 2 player co-op offline that way all the time.

2 Player Split Screen on Grendel. One is Uber Jason and the other is Pre Uber. Good hunting. 

Time attack. Who kills more in less time?

7 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

2 Player Split Screen on Grendel. One is Uber Jason and the other is Pre Uber. Good hunting. 

Time attack. Who kills more in less time?

That would be an awesome competetive 2 player mode!Though i think i would also want the option of being Pamela Voorhees for that mode,see if she could keep up with Jason's rampage....lol