Jump to content
Ker Juice

A Call to Put an End to Our Self Inflicted Jason Nerfs

Recommended Posts

I am going to start with a rant and I apologize in advance, but bare with me and I will make my point:  I am exhausted of seeing all the Jason nerf threads on here for the past two months.  Don't get me wrong, the OP's have valid points and I agree with most if not all complaints on the game being unbalanced and catered to casuals.  However, we the community have not helped the situation with our self inflicted rules for Jason that have become "the norm."  The two biggest culprits are the "no spawn-killing" unwritten rule, and "no slashing (to death)" rule (also unwritten).  I am pro-game mechanics, meaning if the developers intentionally allow it, it should and can be utilized.  How can we post threads & comments on this forum criticizing Gun/Illfonic of appeasing to casual players when we ourselves conformed to their hand-holding play style??  So lets put things into perspective- Jason can't kill a counselor in the beginning of the game, because he or she are too stupid to leave the fuse house while Jason is trapping it??  So what we as a community are saying, allow counselors to find objective parts, pocket knives, and other helpful items while Jason waits for his shift ability- then turn around and complain how hard it is to be Jason??  Jason can't slash to death if he suspects a player with a pocket knife, so that player can have a chance to use it and escape??  Dafuq??  Are we as a community for real, right now??  Are we really that dense as a player base?  Now obviously I am speaking to a certain demographic of the F13 community which I believe to be the majority, and that's the Private Match players- especially on consoles.  F13 was pretty much founded on Private Matches due to Quick Play not working properly for months, and having a high toxic environment (trolling, team killing, Jason helpers, etc.).  I am confident there are players who play Jason as how they see fit, and to them I say my plea for change is not directed towards you.  I applaud you for doing you and going against the grain. I have never played Quickplay, so I assume these "rules" don't work there- and my plea also does not pertain to that group.

If we removed the "rules" I mentioned above, it will be a whole different ball game.  Think about it.  Even if you had a pocket knife, would you be ballsy to run up on Jason as Chad or Bugsy with the bat- knowing he could hack your stupid ass to death?  You would be more likely to fear/respect him, correct?  Now if someone is in danger, an objective needs protecting, or your cornered- that's a different story.  You do what you have to do.  But actually picking a fight with Jason because you have that security blanket of a pocketknife coupled with the "no hacking" rule, is what truly nerfs Jason.  And you know what?  That's not Gun's fault.  That was our dumbass idea.  WE nerfed Jason first.  Let's look at OUR pansy mechanics first, before complaining about the most recent patch. 

You know what kills me the most about my favorite (sarcasm) community rule of no spawn killing?  The new shorter maps being introduced and Gun/Ilfonic conveyed they will speed up the gameplay yet we STILL cater to that nerf of no killing counselors before shift!  Really?!  On a shorter map where counselors can find objectives & pocket knives quicker??  Wow.  And none of us had the common sense to say: "hey, that no spawn killing rule does not apply to short maps??"  Jeez... 

I honestly don't know how we can put a stop to those casual rules, but can we at least refrain from making threads on how Jason is nerfed,  under powered,  not scary, or frustrating to play with?  Can we make an effort to play the game how Gun intended, and then we can truly comment/petition for a better balanced game?  What do you guys think about putting a stop to these bullshit rules?  Enough is enough. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should totally copy and paste the whole thing you said and put it on Steam, the only time i saw someone saying that you can't "spawn kill" or slash to death were some whining crybabies totally newbies to the forums, everyone here agrees that if you have the option and is in the game, do it. Now, on Steam everyone is pro counselour so getting killed before having a pocket knife or before trolling Jason makes them angry and it was those players that started that "rule".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ker Juice said:

I am going to start with a rant and I apologize in advance, but bare with me and I will make my point:  I am exhausted of seeing all the Jason nerf threads on here for the past two months.  Don't get me wrong, the OP's have valid points and I agree with most if not all complaints on the game being unbalanced and catered to casuals.  However, we the community have not helped the situation with our self inflicted rules for Jason that have become "the norm."  The two biggest culprits are the "no spawn-killing" unwritten rule, and "no slashing (to death)" rule (also unwritten).  I am pro-game mechanics, meaning if the developers intentionally allow it, it should and can be utilized.  How can we post threads & comments on this forum criticizing Gun/Illfonic of appeasing to casual players when we ourselves conformed to their hand-holding play style??  So lets put things into perspective- Jason can't kill a counselor in the beginning of the game, because he or she are too stupid to leave the fuse house while Jason is trapping it??  So what we as a community are saying, allow counselors to find objective parts, pocket knives, and other helpful items while Jason waits for his shift ability- then turn around and complain how hard it is to be Jason??  Jason can't slash to death if he suspects a player with a pocket knife, so that player can have a chance to use it and escape??  Dafuq??  Are we as a community for real, right now??  Are we really that dense as a player base?  Now obviously I am speaking to a certain demographic of the F13 community which I believe to be the majority, and that's the Private Match players- especially on consoles.  F13 was pretty much founded on Private Matches due to Quick Play not working properly for months, and having a high toxic environment (trolling, team killing, Jason helpers, etc.).  I am confident there are players who play Jason as how they see fit, and to them I say my plea for change is not directed towards you.  I applaud you for doing you and going against the grain. I have never played Quickplay, so I assume these "rules" don't work there- and my plea also does not pertain to that group.

If we removed the "rules" I mentioned above, it will be a whole different ball game.  Think about it.  Even if you had a pocket knife, would you be ballsy to run up on Jason as Chad or Bugsy with the bat- knowing he could hack your stupid ass to death?  You would be more likely to fear/respect him, correct?  Now if someone is in danger, an objective needs protecting, or your cornered- that's a different story.  You do what you have to do.  But actually picking a fight with Jason because you have that security blanket of a pocketknife coupled with the "no hacking" rule, is what truly nerfs Jason.  And you know what?  That's not Gun's fault.  That was our dumbass idea.  WE nerfed Jason first.  Let's look at OUR pansy mechanics first, before complaining about the most recent patch. 

You know what kills me the most about my favorite (sarcasm) community rule of no spawn killing?  The new shorter maps being introduced and Gun/Ilfonic conveyed they will speed up the gameplay yet we STILL cater to that nerf of no killing counselors before shift!  Really?!  On a shorter map where counselors can find objectives & pocket knives quicker??  Wow.  And none of us had the common sense to say: "hey, that no spawn killing rule does not apply to short maps??"  Jeez... 

I honestly don't know how we can put a stop to those casual rules, but can we at least refrain from making threads on how Jason is nerfed,  under powered,  not scary, or frustrating to play with?  Can we make an effort to play the game how Gun intended, and then we can truly comment/petition for a better balanced game?  What do you guys think about putting a stop to these bullshit rules?  Enough is enough. 

 

Lol. I hear what you are saying. I think most people on these forums haven't played by those rules anyway. I've only heard a spawn killing complaint once in QP myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kill any way possible at any time. I have had these in game conversations. 

"What's with all the slashing?" A random player said as I swung my Axe into his avatar. "Friday the 13th is a slasher film. And you have a pocket knife." I replied.

"Your just going to kill me when the game starts huh?" A whiner said. "I trapped the phone and broke all the windows. And I'm part 8 Jason if you haven't run away by now your stupid." I said. The player in question had fortified the cabin and placed a trap instead. I side stepped the trap after destroying the door effectively using it to my advantage. He jumped out the front window of the one room cabin. I walked outside avoiding the trap once again and grabbed him. He left the private match after the kill. 

That being said Jason needs work. His attack range and hit detection need a buff. He also needs grab's hit detection tweeked. This stuff needs to happen. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no slashing i was unaware that was a unwritten rule and i agreed with it until they added 5 more knives to the map so now an average of 7 to 9 not including Tommy's knife. so now i still agree with the no spawn killing. i will trap my stuff and leave if i am Jason but no slashing has gone right out the window even more so that you have to be almost inside someone to grab them. overall you have valid points and it was really well constructed buddy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't follow any of those two "unwritten" rules.

If I come to trap the Fuse Box, and you are dumb enough to let me catch you in the first 1-2 minutes of the game, that is YOUR fault. You should have been better prepared or just ran away. As far as slashing. Jason is called a Slasher, if I suspect you have a knife, or you are playing Tommy Jarvis, I will slash you to death, no questions asked.

If I see you pick up a pocket knife, I will slash you. If you annoy me in general...I will slash you.

This is a game of Life and Death, and if I am playing Jason so long as you die I win. Scream, cry, bitch about it all you like. If the Dev's didn't intend for such things to happen...those things being Killing someone early, or slashing them to death..then it literally wouldn't be in the game. With the upsurge in knives, and sprays...look to see alot more slashing. 

Did Jason ever back off of someone in the movie, because they got caught off guard? No. Should you? No.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Vortex said:

I don't follow any of those two "unwritten" rules.

If I come to trap the Fuse Box, and you are dumb enough to let me catch you in the first 1-2 minutes of the game, that is YOUR fault. You should have been better prepared or just ran away. As far as slashing. Jason is called a Slasher, if I suspect you have a knife, or you are playing Tommy Jarvis, I will slash you to death, no questions asked.

If I see you pick up a pocket knife, I will slash you. If you annoy me in general...I will slash you.

This is a game of Life and Death, and if I am playing Jason so long as you die I win. Scream, cry, bitch about it all you like. If the Dev's didn't intend for such things to happen...those things being Killing someone early, or slashing them to death..then it literally wouldn't be in the game. With the upsurge in knives, and sprays...look to see alot more slashing. 

Did Jason ever back off of someone in the movie, because they got caught off guard? No. Should you? No.

Winning!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I kill any way possible at any time. I have had these in game conversations. 

"What's with all the slashing?" A random player said as I swung my Axe into his avatar. "Friday the 13th is a slasher film. And you have a pocket knife." I replied.

"Your just going to kill me when the game starts huh?" A whiner said. "I trapped the phone and broke all the windows. And I'm part 8 Jason if you haven't run away by now your stupid." I said. The player in question had fortified the cabin placed a trap instead. I side stepped the trap after destroying the door effectively using it to my advantage. He jumped out the front window of the one room cabin. I walked outside avoiding the trap once again and grabbed him. He left the private match after the kill. 

That being said Jason needs work. His attack range and hit detection need a buff. He also needs grab's hit detection tweeked. This stuff needs to happen. 

 

They could of worked on it. But they decided to work on a cabin instead.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m invited to private games all the time and the first thing said by the host is no spawn killing which I don’t follow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

I am going to start with a rant and I apologize in advance, but bare with me and I will make my point:  I am exhausted of seeing all the Jason nerf threads on here for the past two months.  Don't get me wrong, the OP's have valid points and I agree with most if not all complaints on the game being unbalanced and catered to casuals.  However, we the community have not helped the situation with our self inflicted rules for Jason that have become "the norm."  The two biggest culprits are the "no spawn-killing" unwritten rule, and "no slashing (to death)" rule (also unwritten).  I am pro-game mechanics, meaning if the developers intentionally allow it, it should and can be utilized.  How can we post threads & comments on this forum criticizing Gun/Illfonic of appeasing to casual players when we ourselves conformed to their hand-holding play style??  So lets put things into perspective- Jason can't kill a counselor in the beginning of the game, because he or she are too stupid to leave the fuse house while Jason is trapping it??  So what we as a community are saying, allow counselors to find objective parts, pocket knives, and other helpful items while Jason waits for his shift ability- then turn around and complain how hard it is to be Jason??  Jason can't slash to death if he suspects a player with a pocket knife, so that player can have a chance to use it and escape??  Dafuq??  Are we as a community for real, right now??  Are we really that dense as a player base?  Now obviously I am speaking to a certain demographic of the F13 community which I believe to be the majority, and that's the Private Match players- especially on consoles.  F13 was pretty much founded on Private Matches due to Quick Play not working properly for months, and having a high toxic environment (trolling, team killing, Jason helpers, etc.).  I am confident there are players who play Jason as how they see fit, and to them I say my plea for change is not directed towards you.  I applaud you for doing you and going against the grain. I have never played Quickplay, so I assume these "rules" don't work there- and my plea also does not pertain to that group.

If we removed the "rules" I mentioned above, it will be a whole different ball game.  Think about it.  Even if you had a pocket knife, would you be ballsy to run up on Jason as Chad or Bugsy with the bat- knowing he could hack your stupid ass to death?  You would be more likely to fear/respect him, correct?  Now if someone is in danger, an objective needs protecting, or your cornered- that's a different story.  You do what you have to do.  But actually picking a fight with Jason because you have that security blanket of a pocketknife coupled with the "no hacking" rule, is what truly nerfs Jason.  And you know what?  That's not Gun's fault.  That was our dumbass idea.  WE nerfed Jason first.  Let's look at OUR pansy mechanics first, before complaining about the most recent patch. 

You know what kills me the most about my favorite (sarcasm) community rule of no spawn killing?  The new shorter maps being introduced and Gun/Ilfonic conveyed they will speed up the gameplay yet we STILL cater to that nerf of no killing counselors before shift!  Really?!  On a shorter map where counselors can find objectives & pocket knives quicker??  Wow.  And none of us had the common sense to say: "hey, that no spawn killing rule does not apply to short maps??"  Jeez... 

I honestly don't know how we can put a stop to those casual rules, but can we at least refrain from making threads on how Jason is nerfed,  under powered,  not scary, or frustrating to play with?  Can we make an effort to play the game how Gun intended, and then we can truly comment/petition for a better balanced game?  What do you guys think about putting a stop to these bullshit rules?  Enough is enough. 

 

like i've said the game has been ruined by whinny crybabies who can't play worth shit the game was fine when it came out the issues where jasons grabs and the lags and possibly team killing trolls.. they removed the good features and gore to make sensitive feel better honestly i blame gun for listening to cry babies... but i blame the community most for crying and letting cry babies ruin the game.. get good or play something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I morph to the phone and you're close enough to me after I trap it, ur dead.

After the phone, if you make a mistake and exit the window right next to me, ur dead.

People in QP on PC haven't been complaining as much as they used to, in quite a while. Someone called me a slasher recently and I got a nostalgic feeling.

They quit whether they're the 1st or 5th to die anyway so....

Parties are where I get the most shit for early kills. But once I get my morph back, I immediately leave for the blue-seater, so I don't normally waste time trying to kill anyone at that point too often. Once the car is trapped, then I don't care if God himself is in the closest cabin; I'm gonna carve him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no rules, written or socially constructed. I rebuke this. Each Jason has the right to play how they want, even if it is counterintuitive (stalking one player while others repair and escape) or if it’s ruthless (‘spawn killing’). I learned to be a boss counselor because I kept getting spawn killed by ruthless Jasons. Whiners might have to actually learn how to be better and not automatically think they are the greatest at a game with all the achievements and content unlocked at the start. Smh.

Nobody tells me how to play my game, cut and dry. If I want to slash as Jason, I will. If I want to snatch everyone at the Packanack lodge in the first 3 minutes, I will. It’s not like the same players that wine about “hacker” Jasons themselves don’t use the same 3 quick kills... oh wait, they do. I continuously see kids barely able to get 5 kills and they’re all “asphyxiated” and “decapitated” AKA the easiest and quickest kills to get. Then they wanna mouth off when someone hacks Tommy “three pocket knives” Jarvis instead of grabbing him. If I realize a Jason is a hacker, I turn and knock his ass out, heal and run for Jesus to safety and keep it moving. It amazes me when people get hacked once and try to heal themselves not realizing Jason is just going to keep interrupting their healing spray until they are dead. Do better, be observant people.

Some of us have been playing game online since the late 90s, we’ve seen and heard it all. Just ignore the “squeakers” as they seem to be called. Jason has one rule: kill. If every counselor is getting “murdered” then they might need to develop a strategy besides sitting on two pocket knives in the same cabin for 20 minutes while everyone else busts ass to repair. Just sayin, step it up people.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rules for Jason:

  • Kill the host first if you can
  • Slash away, you're playing as the king of the slashers
  • Counselors are cattle- let the slaughter begin!

Seriously, don't play by any unwritten rules unless you're playing with a group where you were part of establishing those rules.

My only pet peeve is the choke kill. I've just seen it the most and would rather anything else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chad face said:

I’m invited to private games all the time and the first thing said by the host is no spawn killing which I don’t follow

I play private alot, with a bunch of different people. Never, have I ever heard anyone say "No spawn killing". Fuck that! We kill when, and however we can. Unwritten rule? Bullshit, that's such sissy shit for anyone who is into this game to say. No one on my friends list has ever mentioned that, unless to joke about some wet noodle saying it in a lobby they were in. If counselors are having issues getting killed in the beginning of the match, that's on the counselor. Jason only has morph, maybe senses. If you can't dog him out on a regular basis and scurry to safety you should be playing hello kitty island adventures or something, not whining to the killer in a game about killing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard of these self imposee rules as well and only use them in private matches with the regulars I play with, public matches however is anything goes the only rule I make for myself is to learn immediately which counselor is the host and unfortunately leave them to kill last to prevent host rage quitting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who even came up with no slashing and no spawn killing? That sounds ridiculous. If it's a game mechanic then use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first started playing this game I was one of those that didn't like to "spawn kill".  After a few hundred matches I realized that if you spawn near and objective and you don't make a point to leave right away, you understand that you may become target number one for sticking around.

If a person wants to slash everyone, that's their choice.  Does it make us mad when we have a pocket knife?  Yep, but this game is full of choices and you should accept that being slashed is a possibility. Especially with the last update and there are nine pocket knives floating around.  As a rule, I ALWAYS slash Tommy now since he spawns with a pocket knife.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...