Just now, Truth said:

@RoyBurns

From the forum rules, since you probably haven't read them:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/3-friday-the-13th-the-game-forum-rules/

Please Post with Purpose: Be advised, we do offer areas to blow off steam and generally horse around, but in areas that are meant to be serious, we wish for you to post with intent, rather than simply 'up' your post count. This helps weed out spam, keep discussions on topic and gets information out there quicker.

This has no purpose.

Wow, one post.

I'm such a rule breaker.

2 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

Yep, with things that are constructive and bring new conversation.

We don't come here to post the same recycled posts that you have. 

Again, not seeing how the quantity of people posting matters as long as its more than 1

One could easily debate that many of these "constructive" bumps -- especially the ones that are just a few words or mention the word "hiatus" -- are concocted simply to unearth a dead thread.

And my point was that you keep saying "a few members" -- trying to minimize the amount of people who don't like your practices -- when it's actually just "a few members" who must continually exhume this thread in order to keep it alive.

Go back and review. With the exception of those posted by you three, the overwhelming majority of posts are tired of this. And it's not just "a few members."

I would suggest we create a poll to prove this, but you three would simply use your tactics to fudge the numbers again. 

7 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

Wow, one post.

I'm such a rule breaker.

It's not about you, or that single post. It's the fact that this thread keeps dying, and coming back with posts just like that. Or do I need to quote those too?

9 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

One could easily debate that many of these "constructive" bumps -- especially the ones that are just a few words or mention the word "hiatus" -- are concocted simply to unearth a dead thread.

And my point was that you keep saying "a few members" -- trying to minimize the amount of people who don't like your practices -- when it's actually just "a few members" who must continually exhume this thread in order to keep it alive.

Go back and review. With the exception of those posted by you three, the overwhelming majority of posts are tired of this. And it's not just "a few members."

I would suggest we create a poll to prove this, but you three would simply use your tactics to fudge the numbers again. 

Create the poll and set it so you can see how members voted. Just go look at who voted and see if the votes are coming from new accounts if you're implying what I think you are.

32 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Create the poll and set it so you can see how members voted. Just go look at who voted and see if the votes are coming from new accounts if you're implying what I think you are.

Another issue is the mods may see it as a hateful poll designed to deflate a movement. It would have to be quite tactfully crafted.

And still, even if the poll showed names and the heavy "Pro-Reggie" votes were mostly votes by accounts with less than 100 posts, we'd still have a hard time proving they were all disingenuous or fake. 

44 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

Wow, one post.

I'm such a rule breaker.

It doesn't matter. You did it, so it proves you have an agenda and you will use tactics like this in order to achieve it. It established your motivation.

Hm.  I guess I'll throw my two cents in seeing as how this thread has been bumped again.

I'm not interested in Reggie being in the game. The game is fine with original character expy types and I'm hoping named characters are passed over in order to use them. We didn't need Shelly, or Fox and we don't need Reggie either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

We don't care.

Your poll won't change this thread being bumped, the 16 likes in the OP or the campaign for this character.

Not sure what you're proving. Just a waste of time on your behalf.

You're just going to end up recycling the same shit and come back to this thread after.

10 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

If you're referring to me as one of these three, I can't exactly remember what conversation you're talking about regarding me using these tactics in the past. Is there a post where you can direct me to that? I know I posted a lot of things Reggie related, but even if that's the case. I seriously doubt I've said anything to dismay the numbers. If I had anything to say about those who kept on opposing the character, it was mainly over the idea of how the character would be implemented. That's a fair debate I can get behind, unless they have intentions on sidetracking the conversation just because they have a grudge against a particular user or just want to bash others because they are part of the Reggie followers.

My take on this RoyBurns dilemma, before he decided to bump this thread I was actually contemplating making a bump of my own before RoyBurns did, but it would've came across as double posting and I probably would've condemned myself just as bad for looking like a desperate attention seeking "Reggie fanboy" making nuisance responses in the eyes of other users here, even it meant going out of my way of breaking the rules. I'm not saying this as a good excuse for what he did or that type of attitude should be encouraged.

My point is, if he's a supporter backing the idea of the thread, then it's likely he was bound to bump it at some point. Any similar follower in his position could have done this, even if it is a bland comment. So I don't think bumping the thread with a comment like "The hiatus though" is much of a big deal as some of you guys are making it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I can be annoyed when someone puts a short "twitter like" post as much as the next guy, but this trend is almost everywhere on these forums, so it's really nothing new.

Haven't you notice this type of posting activity from the Mean Girl thread lately? Perfect example. Half of the discussions in there are like chat rooms galore. What's worse, instead of staying on topic, most of the time, that portion of users do nothing but bash other possible future counselors/heroes(not just Reggie), including people like Mark or Tina to say the least and sometimes flame their fans. 

Some of them can be mindless toxic blonde/mean girl stans that don't even have the decency to hear out ideas about the characters or at least give it a chance before information ever came out. And if they do respond to a Reggie idea, it always has to end with some flame bait type of comment over a fanboy love for another counselor because that's always their preferred way of moving on from a character idea they don't care for, instead of just completely ignoring it. Where was this type of reaction when all of that was occurring over in that thread? 

@Cokeyskunk I can understand why you and some of the others here have some ongoing quarrel with Armani, RoyBurns and maybe someone else. Whatever similar impression you have of me is totally false though. I can't stop you from continuing this argument, but consider this in mind, I don't think it will accomplish much, other than influencing a number of irrational users that have no intentions of discussing the topic other than to derail the thread with unnecessary negative material. I'm already seeing comments like "OP's dumb lulz" and "Hope this thread dies haha" in the last few pages. It's most likely some of them probably jumped shipped from the mean girl thread to invade this one.

Either way, despite their ongoing tweet chatting nonsense bullshit from that thread, I have no interest of inserting myself in that type of toxic conversation and making a risky attempt to derail it out of respect for BarbaraAnn(the OP) and the other members that continue to show their support. I am also behind the blonde/mean girl trope of the counselor and welcome it anytime.

It's just unfortunate that this Reggie thread can't receive the same treatment. It's like no one's willing to hear out ideas these days because it all seems overshadowed as a result of some past counselor fanboy war or another pointless internet beef. I got a feeling if this current back and forth behavior keeps going, I believe it'll shun our chances of ever getting Reggie into the game. (assuming if it hasn't already.)

The game is getting kind of boring and too repetitive for me, at least from a DLC point of view. I'd like to see a new hero introduced with new mechanics and I'm hoping this thread will introduce Reggie at some point and maybe it'll help spice the multiplayer up a little. And if it has to come down to only three people pushing this out in the open, then so be it. Besides, isn't any publicity still good publicity like the old saying goes? Nothing wrong with that.

15 hours ago, RoyBurns said:
On 3/15/2018 at 9:50 PM, Rexfellis said:

This inane bumping of the thread is ridiculous. Either produce some results, or just shut up about it. It's getting kind of sad.

Why are you even entering this thread? 

I entered the thread to try to tell you to stop bumping it for no goddamned reason. And, this is a public thread. I will come in and give my opinion as often as I want whether you like it or not. If you can keep saying the same shit over and over, I have that same right. 

I don't hate the idea of Reggie being in the game, and I stated as much on the first page of this thread.. I honestly couldn't care less if he is or isn't. The problem I have is you, armani, and that tyrone guy kept bringing this thread back from the dead with nothing to add. Armani's MIA (possibly arrested for stalking 🤣) and his alter-ego tyrone have been absent lately, so you decided to take up the mantle of regurgitating this shit ad nauseam for no reason other than to get the post count up. 

You're bragging about 16 likes from "somebody else's" OP? Not a big deal man. Hell, I got 9 likes and laughs on a post where I just told somebody to shut the fuck up, and that was in the middle of a thread. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back Arm...I mean Roy. Like I said in the post that you quoted, produce something, or shut up about it. And, if you can't produce anything, at least come up with something new to say about the subject.

As far as @Liquid Swordsman goes. I don't do not believe he is doing anything shady. He's a fan of the idea, and has actually contributed to the conversation when replying. So, my opinion is that he probably shouldn't be lumped in with these other 3. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I can understand why you and some of the others here have some ongoing quarrel with Armani, RoyBurns and maybe someone else. Whatever similar impression you have of me is totally false though.

It's pretty obvious I owe you an apology here.

I mistakenly grouped you in with Armani and RoyBurns simply because you are one of the three keeping this thread circulating. Does that equate to you using deceptive, underhanded tactics the way those two have obviously done in the past? Absolutely not. 

That was my mistake, and I apologize to you for doing so. 

You honestly just seem to be a Reggie fan and would like to see the character added. I can respect that, especially if you're going about it in a straight-forward, transparent, honest way. As you appear to be, then yes, I definitely categorize you in a different group than the other two. 

However, I do still disagree with you on a few points:

I was actually contemplating making a bump of my own before RoyBurns did, but it would've came across as double posting and I probably would've condemned myself just as bad for looking like a desperate attention seeking "Reggie fanboy" making nuisance responses in the eyes of other users here, even it meant going out of my way of breaking the rules. I'm not saying this as a good excuse for what he did or that type of attitude should be encouraged.

My point is, if he's a supporter backing the idea of the thread, then it's likely he was bound to bump it at some point. Any similar follower in his position could have done this, even if it is a bland comment. So I don't think bumping the thread with a comment like "The hiatus though" is much of a big deal as some of you guys are making it out to be.

I appreciate your passion, but no -- having a passion for something does not justify breaking the rules, and any mod will tell you (or more apropos, him) the same thing. 

Look, I know where you're coming from. I, myself developed a new game mode idea and created a new thread about it. It garnered a lot of attention and likes, and is now a large thread. But it is now buried, and will remain that way until some other interested user unearths it or someone else has another relevant idea to add to it. Me double-posting or bumping the thread with an inane one-sentence comment to get it re-circulating again is not going to make the game mode happen -- it's just going to irritate the bejeezus out of the other forum members because they'll see me and maybe one or two others from the forum breathing artificial life into it.  This forum -- and its members -- deserves better.

So yes -- when the majority of us make the decision to commit to following the rules of the forum and opt-out of practices like this, it does make it a bit of a big deal when one or two (not three -- again, sorry) refuse to, and force us all to constantly look at it multiple times per month.

On another note, both your logic and your time spent to explain it is greatly appreciated and respected by me. I have tried in the past to explain these things logically to both Armani and RoyBurns (whom I now believe are the same person), as I am doing with you now, and both have constantly responded with disdain and dismissal. (and sometimes with repetitive, arrogant gifs) Thanks for not taking that approach.

To your point on the "Mean Girl Trope," I have not seen nearly the amount of inane bumping of the thread to resurrect it. That certainly doesn't mean it doesn't or hasn't happened. It may well be that it's simply gone unnoticed. But I will surely be looking for it now, and I hope the others will be, too. It shouldn't happen in any thread.

Again, I hope you accept my apology for unfairly labeling you. 
- Skunk  

• Like 1

Can an admin please terminate accounts or shut this thread down. I shut off notifications and unfollowed everything but I'm still seeing this stupid bickering going on.

• Like 1

@Cokeyskunk Totally understand. Another important note, I only made that lengthy response post as my effort try to ease the tension that is taking place in this thread, so hopefully you don't take it the wrong way. This isn't me choosing sides, as I haven't been against anything you've posted since I can understand your reasons for doing so. Your input is always welcome around here. I only try to see it from your point of view when I read stuff like this. Most of the time I try to look at it from both parties.

Your apology is greatly appreciated and I agree about your point that should not justify breaking rules. There is a good amount of rule breaking that occurring around these forums without doubt. I guess I was getting a bit tired of being labeled in the Reggie group and it just seemed like this thread always have to be main culprit for people to target and try to derail while similar situations are overlooked in other threads are taking place. I guess I'll just have to learn not every thread is going always be treated equally as others when it comes to this site.  

2 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

it just seemed like this thread always have to be main culprit for people to target and try to derail while similar situations are overlooked in other threads are taking place.

What other threads have been bumped continuously with no real discussion? Not being a dick, I just haven't seen it.

I think this thread may look like it's being targeted, but that's more likely because of the members posting in it.

@Liquid Swordsman @RoyBurns

@AJViolet @TyroneKing @TheReaper666

Sorry for being gone so long. 

The more high quality artwork is scrapped as of now, the two people who were supposed to do it went AWOL.

With the mean girl confirmed to be next, it only makes sense for Reggie to be considered next. I've done nearly all I can for him.

Shavar Ross knows , as I have contacted him twice through his secretary. 

Stay patient guys

gGggIFo.gif

@Santi_Lee

It appears mean girl actually got the 3 repair. I may have relook Reggie's stats again because if he makes it in the game, he more than likely will join the 3 repair club.

gGggIFo.gif

On 4/4/2018 at 12:02 PM, RoyBurns said:

I think the tractor should be only available at Pinehurst. It makes Reggie and the map itself more special.

It would open more creative ideas for all the other maps.

Yeah. I'm hoping one day on Pinehurst you can use the ladder. Using the loft would probably be another a good defense mechanic against Jason. I'm not sure for a possible kill option like Reggie shoving Roy off, but using the noose to temporarily hang Jason like Chris Higgins did could be something cool.

1 hour ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

@Liquid Swordsman @RoyBurns

@AJViolet @TyroneKing @TheReaper666

Sorry for being gone so long. 

No problem.

Welcome back by the way.

12 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Yeah. I'm hoping one day on Pinehurst you can use the ladder. Using the loft would probably be another a good defense mechanic against Jason. I'm not sure for a possible kill option like Reggie shoving Roy off, but using the noose to temporarily hang Jason like Chris Higgins could be something cool.

No problem.

Welcome back by the way.

Since "Victoria" has 3 repair, that means Reggie more than likely will too to bring more versatility.

CURRENT STATS

Composure - 8

Luck - 7

Speed - 7

Stamina - 7

Stealth - 2

Strength - 2

Repair - 2

Which stat do you think I should switch it out for? I was thinking of speed (7 - 6) but I'm open to suggestion.

The only one I really don't want to change is composure since no one has 8 yet. There's already 2 counselors at 7.

50 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Yeah. I'm hoping one day on Pinehurst you can use the ladder. Using the loft would probably be another a good defense mechanic against Jason. I'm not sure for a possible kill option like Reggie shoving Roy off, but using the noose to temporarily hang Jason like Chris Higgins could be something cool.

No problem.

Welcome back by the way.

Would it be like a trap for Jason too? I'm not sure exactly how the noose thing would exactly work, but it's definetely another good idea to tenporarily stun Jason.

34 minutes ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

Since "Victoria" has 3 repair, that means Reggie more than likely will too to bring more versatility.

CURRENT STATS

Composure - 8

Luck - 7

Speed - 7

Stamina - 7

Stealth - 2

Strength - 2

Repair - 2

Which stat do you think I should switch it out for? I was thinking of speed (7 - 6) but I'm open to suggestion.

The only one I really don't want to change is composure since no one has 8 yet. There's already 2 counselors at 7.

I also spot that the Devs followed the 8, 7, 7 formula.

Reggie's luck will likely be down to like 5 for balance, but I hope not. He did actually survive the film. 

As for switching out for 3 repair, I agree to do speed because stamina is more important in my opinion. 

On 4/13/2018 at 6:26 PM, RoyBurns said:

Would it be like a trap for Jason too? I'm not sure exactly how the noose thing would exactly work, but it's definetely another good idea to tenporarily stun Jason.

I also spot that the Devs followed the 8, 7, 7 formula.

Reggie's luck will likely be down to like 5 for balance, but I hope not. He did actually survive the film. 

As for switching out for 3 repair, I agree to do speed because stamina is more important in my opinion. 

Alright then. I don't think luck will be the one downsized. It'll be speed or stamina. It's really hard to get his stats represented fairly and well at the same time, but this may be my final edit for his stats. I think it's solid, fair and represents him well.

New Stats, as per Victoria leading the 3 repair club. Provided by 

@TyroneKing

Edit - 

@ShiftySamurai@GunMedia_Ben @wes@Gertz@[IllFonic]Courier

Composure - 8

Luck - 7

Speed - 7

Stamina - 5

Repair - 3

Strength - 3

Stealth - 2

gGggIFo.gif

I cannot be more happy with her 3 repair stat. I've never been noticed by devs from a popular game. I can die right now (No! I have to play with Victoria first and then die, lol).

Reggie is pretty unlikely. I think there are more interesting and more requested (outside of this thread/forum) counselors or movie characters that we are more likely to see- if any.

That said, this thread is hilarious and I kind of hope it never dies. Not quite Darrien Howard quality but still entertaining. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So isn't Victoria going to be one of those characters that turn out to be useful for a couple of months, then NOBODY uses her despite her stats? (Like AJ)

I love her repair, since a repair of a 2 and repairing as Vanessa is really easy so it just makes it easier for everyone :))))

48 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Reggie is pretty unlikely. I think there are more interesting and more requested (outside of this thread/forum) counselors or movie characters that we are more likely to see- if any.

That said, this thread is hilarious and I kind of hope it never dies. Not quite Darrien Howard quality but still entertaining. ;)

As of now, outside the forum there's not really any movie characters requested at the moment at a high degree. Not sure which interesting ones you're referring too.

After Mark, who is most likely the next male counselor, I have zero clue to the next female. 

Reggie is arguably most popular now in forum that's not in the game yet since Melissa is confirmed and he's still fairly requested out from what I've seen. 

Overall, he's definetely getting the most attention other than Mark.

28 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@RoyBurns

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16809-the-ultimate-character-poll/

Reggie’s not even the second most popular choice after the “mean girl” on this forum.

I like Reggie but just because he has a spam thread on the forum doesn’t mean he’s the next most popular or requested counselor.

By that logic, Melissa isn't the most popular either.

A simple poll alone doesn't determine popularity. Reggie has a 23 paged thread, with nearly 20 reactions in the OP. He has fans campaigning for him.

No one has mentioned one word about KM or Brodski since then. They likely wouldn't be counselors anyways because they're too OP. They'll likely be alternate heroes so Tommy won't look stupid when Grendel comes out.  We need another hero character. They're too strong to be counselors.

The new counselors also have to introduce a unique and different trope to the game. Alice, Ginny and Megan don't have that.

From that - Reggie, Mark and Crazy Ralph do for males.

All in all, Reggie is still getting the most attention "spam thread" or not. So It's not so unbelievably unlikely he'll be added. The Devs react to what they see everyday. It's not like he bombed in the poll anyways lol. The poll is just a general idea of what the community wants, but it's easy to overshadow a few votes if there's actually something going on to get a character in the game.

• Thanks 1