It's been stated before, maybe by @GunMedia_Ben, that they don't have any intention of putting children into the game to be murdered.

Reggie's age doesn't really matter, by looking at him you can see he's a kid. I think Reggie's awesome but don't see him ever being added.

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

It's been stated before, maybe by @GunMedia_Ben, that they don't have any intention of putting children into the game to be murdered.

Reggie's age doesn't really matter, by looking at him you can see he's a kid. I think Reggie's awesome but don't see him ever being added.

Link?

If they did say that, then they can just age Reggie a few years. We still want him in the game lol

11 minutes ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

Link?

If they did say that, then they can just age Reggie a few years. We still want him in the game lol

No link... I remember it but no idea from where.

32 minutes ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

No

It's just not common. Pretty rare actually.

I believe there are already children in a few horror video games

A big video game release based on something like Children Of Corn would probably make a trend. 

Reggie wouldn't be that much shorter than the other counslers in the game because they're all kind of small in general. So he wouldn't really look juvenile + the fact he's 14

I could see if he was 6 or 10, then it would definitely get some backlash.

But 14 years old is fine. 

I don’t know but I’ll believe you 

10 hours ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

Also, let's not act like "The Good Son" or "Children of The Corn" don't exist.

It's not something out this world.

. . . or The Hunger Games.

Just now, Moe9999633 said:

I don’t know but I’ll believe you 

It's not illegal

People are just scared of the backlash of adding too young characters in violent video games

There are currently some children in horror video games now. 

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

No link... I remember it but no idea from where.

Well I'm sure with all the tags, they've seen this thread by now, but they haven't locked the thread and said he's too young, no, so idk...

58 minutes ago, TyroneKing said:

It's really not. There's no moral difference between watching a kid get killed in the movies vs playing it in game It's not bat shit crazy, look at the game already.

It is and i don't know how anyone can have a different opinion on this. The counselors are all 18 years old, thereby they are adults. No one under the age of 18 ever died in the Friday series. The only possible way is to integrate Reggie as an adult. Give him his signature red suit as unlockable clothing. 

I repeat: There is never going to be a kid counselor in this game. It just is not right and wouldn't be on the same page with the movies, only if they were unattackable, unkillable characters - which wouldn't make too much sense.

3 minutes ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

It's not illegal 

I asked google and google gave me no answers 

13 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

. . . or The Hunger Games.

These are movies. Completely different from video games. Have you ever seen a Battle Royale or The Hunger Games Videogame? No. I remember two videogames were children were involved: Prey (Xbox360 and PC around 2006) and Dead Space. In Prey the children where dead already and posessed by space ghosts and in Dead Space were alien infants which didn't look much like infants anymore. It stirred controversy nontheless. Have you ever seen children in GTA? No, because no one with a right mind wants to see nor kill a child in a videogame. 

9 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

It is and i don't know how anyone can have a different opinion on this. The counselors are all 18 years old, thereby they are adults. No one under the age of 18 ever died in the Friday series. The only possible way is to integrate Reggie as an adult. Give him his signature red suit as unlockable clothing. 

I repeat: There is never going to be a kid counselor in this game. It just is not right and wouldn't be on the same page with the movies, only if they were unattackable, unkillable characters - which wouldn't make too much sense.

And that means the lack of amount of kids in the series = they can't be killed?

Not seeing your logic. Tommy and Reggie both could have been killed. But they survived. They weren't safe from Jason in the movie lol

I really hope to see Reggie in the game, it would  be a historic milestone in horror video games by adding him. And some would complain like you, yeah. But the majority of people would love it. Also he's great marketing for the teens in general.

3 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

These are movies. Completely different from video games. Have you ever seen a Battle Royale or The Hunger Games Videogame? No. I remember two videogames were children were involved: Prey (Xbox360 and PC around 2006) and Dead Space. In Prey the children where dead already and posessed by space ghosts and in Dead Space were alien infants which didn't look much like infants anymore. It stirred controversy nontheless. Have you ever seen children in GTA? No, because no one with a right mind wants to see nor kill a child in a videogame. 

And it's funny how contradicting people are.

We love to watch a movie where kids kill each other, but it's forbidden ground to play a video game as kids. Too funny.

GTA simply isn't meant to have kids. The entire premise is different. Friday The 13th is not, because there are main character kids in the movies. It can be done.

Just now, TyroneKing said:

I really hope to see Reggie in the game, it would probably be a historic milestone in horror video games by adding him. And some would complain like you, yeah. But the majority of people would love it. Also he's great marketing for the teens in general.

So. I see that you are out of touch with reality. It is not illegal, but a videogame with the possibility to kill a child would get no rating at all and would thereby never find it's place on the market. 

It wouldn't be a milestone. It would be sick and disgusting shit no one, but you and a handful of people, would ask for. The controversy that this would stirr up, would send the view of non videogame playing people back into the stone age. Most people that only get informed trough the news about videogames often just get the bad stories and this would certainly send them with pitchforks right to the frontdoor of illfonic/gun. Which they are aware of. 

When you think that there is the slightest possibility that the writers of 4 and 5 would have thought about killing these two as children, you must have seen a completly different movie, they are like final girls, the survivor archetype. They can be hurt and traumatized, but not killed. 

14 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

I asked google and google gave me no answers 

There's no law, that's why lol

There are secondary sites like Quora or Yahoo that give the answer you're looking for.

Heres one example of a child dying in video game, sure I could find some more. Great, so now we've clarified it's not illegal. 

1 minute ago, cwlunatic said:

So. I see that you are out of touch with reality. It is not illegal, but a videogame with the possibility to kill a child would get no rating at all and would thereby never find it's place on the market. 

It wouldn't be a milestone. It would be sick and disgusting shit no one, but you and a handful of people, would ask for. The controversy that this would stirr up, would send the view of non videogame playing people back into the stone age. Most people that only get informed trough the news about videogames often just get the bad stories and this would certainly send them with pitchforks right to the frontdoor of illfonic/gun. Which they are aware of. 

When you think that there is the slightest possibility that the writers of 4 and 5 would have thought about killing these two as children, you must have seen a completly different movie, they are like final girls, the survivor archetype. They can be hurt and traumatized, but not killed. 

Most people wouldn't care. Reggie is not that young. Only a "handful" of people would get mad like only you on this entire forum. :)

They can get killed

Let me direct you to Pet Semetary again. Where the killer is a TODDLER lol

He killed brutally + got killed by his father

No one cared when this movie came out. Why?

pet-sematary-gage-evil-baby-scalpel.jpg?

1 minute ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

There are secondary sites like Quora or Yahoo that give the answer you're looking for.

Which are no answers but mere opinions from strangers. 

All of you try to compare movies with videogames, but you missed an important information, especially in the case of Friday the 13th - context. There is none. F13 is a story less multiplayer experience. People without any knowledge of the movies wouldn't even understans why there is a little boy running trough the game. 

I have an idea for you. There could be missions in the Single Player where Ou have to get Tommy or Reggie safely from point A to B. The counselors would have to stay close to them and help them survive. When all counselors are killed, the NPC Reggie or Tommy would get saved by the Police immediately before anything could happen to them. They wouldn't playable, nor killable. 

You're welcome. 

Stephen King loves to kill kids in his movies. And yes, there are examples of kids getting killed in games.

I think the problem that F13 would come up against is the potential manners of Jason killing Reggie (think pt 4 Jason).

7 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Heres one example of a child dying in video game, sure I could find some more. Great, so now we've clarified it's not illegal. 

It is not interactive. You are not the one killing the child. This is a storytelling piece. It has context and shows the player how desperate the situation is. In the Last of Us or Heavy Rain the Kids were also able to die. But these were story driven and the killers were not playable. Maybe you slowly start to understand.

3 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

It is not interactive. You are not the one killing the child. This is a storytelling piece. It has context and shows the player how desperate the situation is. In the Last of Us or Heavy Rain the Kids were also able to die. But these were story driven and the killers were not playable. Maybe you slowly start to understand.

Jesus Christ. Alright, here is a video o you, the player,killing children.

Just now, TheButtonMasher said:

Jesus Christ. Alright, here is a video o you, the player,killing children.

This is a self created mod. It is also available for skyrim. It is sick and disgusting and not intended from the devs. 

8 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

His point was that you CAN kill children in video games....which is true despite it not being the player himself doing it.

12 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

Which are no answers but mere opinions from strangers. 

All of you try to compare movies with videogames, but you missed an important information, especially in the case of Friday the 13th - context. There is none. F13 is a story less multiplayer experience. People without any knowledge of the movies wouldn't even understans why there is a little boy running trough the game. 

I have an idea for you. There could be missions in the Single Player where Ou have to get Tommy or Reggie safely from point A to B. The counselors would have to stay close to them and help them survive. When all counselors are killed, the NPC Reggie or Tommy would get saved by the Police immediately before anything could happen to them. They wouldn't playable, nor killable. 

You're welcome. 

That's cute and all, but I just want Reggie as a counsler, which is possible.

If they have to make him 18, then do it. If they don't, then it will be VERY cool. 

4 minutes ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

His point was that you CAN kill children in video games....which is true despite it not being the player himself doing it.

That's cute and all, but I just want Reggie as a counsler, which is possible.

If they have to make him 18, then do it. If they don't, then it will be cool. 

And my point is: YOU can't. It is not the player killing the child it is an NPC in a non interactive way. 

And now you are saying what i said: make him an adult and it's fine. 

4 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

And my point is: YOU can't. It is not the player killing the child it is an NPC in a non interactive way. 

And now you are saying what i said: make him an adult and it's fine. 

Your point is false.

There's no law prohibiting children from being killed in video games.

The Devs also have a lot of control over the game because it's indie, so they can add Reggie at his movie canon age without any problems if they want to.

1 minute ago, Armaniđź‘‘ said:

Your point is false.

There's no law prohibiting children from being killed in video games.

The Devs also have a lot of control over the game because it's indie, so they can add Reggie at his movie canon age without any problems if they want to.

You don't have the slightest idea about ratings. I rest my case.