5 minutes ago, Qcici said:

And we're not gonna have an adult Reggie in the game nor an older version, so...

giphy.gif

The only reason why I like this thread is to add more pages of arguments. We're about to reach Page 30 soon! I bet we could make a novel out of this!

The Devs have never stated a older Reggie wouldn't be added to the game. They have actually viewed this thread and didn't close it and say no, so...

Where are you getting this information?

24 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The Devs have never stated a older Reggie wouldn't be added to the game. They have actually viewed this thread and didn't close it and say no, so...

And I never stated that the devs said that an older Reggie wouldn't be added to the game. Now you're just putting words into my mouth at this rate. 

The reason why I said we're not getting an older Reggie is because it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Half of the fans would like Reggie being implemented, but the other half wouldn't because it isn't THE Reggie that THEY asked for. Unless the culture of video games were to decide "Oh well GTA decided to allow you to plummet into little kids with your Super-Sport car at 145 mph!" or "Well Mortal Kombat is finally allowing you to tear up little kids' in half! I guess we can do it too!" I really don't recommend adding this character in the game because of morally correct reasons and the concept of you wanting to transform an amazing character from the movies into someone who RESEMBLES the character (non-canon.) Friday the 13th is allowed to release their content with the addition of Child Murder, but it would cause a large controversy with the game, essentially an outburst too. Tell me when was the last time you played a game where you could unmorally dismember or kill children at your will? I've NEVER played a game that allowed you to do that, and I'm not even sure if those types of games exist in the popular video game industry.

I can see now why @Barbara Ann is calling this thread a hot mess. You would think that the thoughts of a character being in the game with nearly 30 pages (Over 700 replies) would be littered with endless positive responses and feedback on this character, Nope! It's the EXACT OPPOSITE.. It seems that you continue to pester the thread time and time again, which is ABSOLUTELY FINE. Everyone is entitled to support something at their free will at a spontaneous rate, but you have to understand that this character is something that a vast majority of us would greatly disagree on because of their age, and the overall canon-scale decline they're on because of the concept of making the character an adult, which wasn't seen in any of the movies provided by the viewers. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Qcici said:

"It's Reggie, but it isn't Our Reggie."

We want ALL of the characters in the game to look EXACTLY how they looked like from the film they were featured in. We don't want them to RESEMBLE any character, we want them to look EXACTLY like who they were based off of. We can't do that with Reggie because Reggie is under the age where it's acceptable to murder in video games. A good area that would be suitable for murder as a teen would be around 16. Therefore the solution would be to make him older, right? Well the thing is, we don't want an older version of Reggie. Unfortunately, I don't think Reggie is suited for this game kiddo. 

I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed John Shepherd's portrayal of Tommy Jarvis and would've rather have him, but we got the Tommy from Part 6, so everyone seems to be ok with it and accepts him as Tommy.

I don't think it'll be much of a big deal if Reggie was older in the game. People will still recognize him as Reggie. Have you seen how Shavar looked in the 90s growing up? He really didn't look like he aged by the minute. He always seemed to maintain his Reggie look from what I've seen.

hqdefault.jpgReggie_300x300.JPG?v=1437934990

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qcici said:

And I never stated that the devs said that an older Reggie wouldn't be added to the game. Now you're just putting words into my mouth at this rate. 

?

You said an older Reggie will never be added to the game. No one but the Devs have a say on this. So unless you can see the future, that comment is speculation since the Devs themselves have viewed this thread and haven't said anything.

@Liquid Swordsman

I'm more keen in seeing a game

model of him in the late 80s. After that, he became to buff and it would kind of contradict the strength stat we gave him.

Although, I'm very interested in hearing his voice acting in the game.

Anyways, in Other Reggie News

1. I DM'd Shavar on Facebook, and he's more engaging there. I expect to see a reply from him the next time he decides to post something on social media. 

2. Stay tuned for another concept art by me soon. It's finished now. Just waiting for the right moment to post it everywhere.

I'm just trying to understand the issue behind an older Reggie. What am I missing?

Genetics have always played a part in maintaining a younger complexion in the face. Along with that, you throw in the clothes he had from the movie, I'm pretty sure he'll pass on as Reggie. Apart from the growth in the counselor's height area, I don't understand what will be much different about him.

16 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I'm just trying to understand the issue behind an older Reggie. What am I missing?

Genetics have always played a part in maintaining a younger complexion in the face. Along with that, you throw in the clothes he had from the movie, I'm pretty sure he'll pass on as Reggie. Apart from the growth in the counselor's height area, I don't understand what will be much different about him.

It’s pretty simple- it wouldn’t be him. We’d just be making shit up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I'd figure it would still sit well since Tommy is somehow grown up around 1984 in the game, but not in the movie. It made me think the interpretation of the game is that you're in your own made up F13 world.

I guess I can kind of see why people would oppose this. Continuing to implement made up fantasy in this game is probably not always a good idea. Understandable since people have been questioning the dance emotes.

18 hours ago, Armani? said:

And poor @Cokeyskunkand @bewareofbears

32 likes and 2 retweets so far. 

It appears Reggie is much more popular outside this forum.

https://mobile.twitter.com/asanders1011/status/986294804895223809

tenor.gif

Good Lord. After all this -- you STILL don't get it??

No matter how many times we circle around this. No matter how many times it's pointed out to you. You continue to ignore what EVERYONE is telling you.

NO ONE IS SAYING NO ONE WANTS REGGIE!!!!!!

What myself and SOOOOO many people are saying is that you and a few others are trying to use deceptive practices and metrics to make it look like a HUGE number of people want Reggie.

You throw out "metrics:"

32 likes and 2 retweets so far. 

32 likes. 2 retweets. That's "coffee-sipping, giggling spiteful girl" GIF-worthy? It's posts like these that create enemies here for you.

And honestly, it's fairly unimpressive. You've proven that 32 people on the planet either:

• Like the idea of Reggie being added, or
  • Think that GIF you tweeted was cool.

You say things like "Reggie's thread is one of the largest threads on the forum for a reason."

Indeed. I have some true metrics for you:

Reggie Thread

Total Posts: 710 (711 counting this one)

• Total Posts by Armani: 194  (27.32%)
  • Total Posts by RoyBurns, Tyrone King, and two others: 164  (23.09%)
  • Total of the above: 358  (50.42%)
  • Posts from others either not for the idea or complaining about the above in thread: 228  (32.11%)
  • Posts from others with a neutral position: 51 (7.18%)
  • Posts from others expressing interest/development in the idea: 22  (3.09%)

Conclusions:

1. Well over a quarter of all posts were made by one person (you)
  2. Just under another quarter of all posts were made by four others.
  3. Over HALF of all posts were made by five people.
  4. Just under a full third of all posts were NEGATIVE - whether regarding the character being added or about the tactics used by some of the five listed above.
  5. Removing posts from the five users mentioned above, only 3% of comments were POSITIVE about adding the character.

Further findings:

• Over 20 instances of multi-posting by the aforementioned five listed above.
  • Over 20 instances of bumping the thread after lengthy hiatuses by the aforementioned five listed above, some with little to no relevancy.  

In conclusion, I'd just like to add that you would have a LOT more support if not for the attitudes often expressed here. When someone disagrees with you (myself, @bewareofbears, @Truth, @hu_soldier13, @Barbara Ann, @Qcici and several others, case-in-point) -- rather than simply debating the subject logically and politely, you and a few others very often took the low road and wrote smug, insulting comments -- posting likewise GIFs to cement your smug position, creating anger and emnity within the forum.

People here often tried to help you and were met with the same.

That is not how a campaign succeeds. 

Honestly, I very much doubt Shavar would condone many of the things said and tactics used here to get him in the game.  

I've said my peace. Please do not use the size of this thread in your argument again.

End of Line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Lmfao @Cokeyskunk

Getting the REAL facts... That's awesome. Hopefully this will shut him up. Can't argue against cold hard data!

7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

No matter how many times we circle around this. No matter how many times it's pointed out to you. You continue to ignore what EVERYONE is telling you.

What myself and SOOOOO many people are saying is that you and a few others are trying to use deceptive practices and metrics to make it look like a HUGE number of people want Reggie.

32 likes. 2 retweets. That's "coffee-sipping, giggling spiteful girl" GIF-worthy? It's posts like these that create enemies here for you.

And honestly, it's fairly unimpressive. You've proven that 32 people on the planet either:

You say things like "Reggie's thread is one of the largest threads on the forum for a reason."

Reggie Thread

• Posts from others either not for the idea or complaining about the above in thread: 228  (32.11%)

Conclusions:

4. Just under a full third of all posts were NEGATIVE - whether regarding the character being added or about the tactics used by some of the five listed above.
  5. Removing posts from the five users mentioned above, only 3% of comments were POSITIVE about adding the character.

Further findings:

• Over 20 instances of bumping the thread after lengthy hiatuses by the aforementioned five listed above, some with little to no relevancy.  

In conclusion, I'd just like to add that you would have a LOT more support if not for the attitudes often expressed here. When someone disagrees with you (myself, @bewareofbears, @Truth, @hu_soldier13, and several others, case-in-point) -- rather than simply debating the subject logically and politely, you and a few others very often took the low road and wrote smug, insulting comments -- posting likewise GIFs to cement your smug position, creating anger and emnity within the forum.

Honestly, I very much doubt Shavar would condone many of the things said and tactics used here to get him in the game.  

I've said my peace. Please do not use the size of this thread in your argument again.

End of Line.

tenor.gif

Someone has snapped. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

@Armani? I like the stats but imo change 3 repair to 2 repair and put + 1 on his strength 

Why? Lol

There's a new 3 repair club because of @Santi_Lee. Why would they give him a 2? The 4 strength won't balance anything compared to Vanessa or Chad. 

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

You do realize Reggie did not stay 14 years old forever?

You do realize his model will be based on pics of the actor older?

You do realize it's no different than if Reggie decided to come back to the movie in Part 6?

It's animated instead of live action, and it's just not "made up."

24 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Reggie Thread

Conclusions:

Further findings:

In conclusion, I'd just like to add that you would have a LOT more support if not for the attitudes often expressed here. When someone disagrees with you (myself, @bewareofbears, @Truth, @hu_soldier13, and several others, case-in-point) -- rather than simply debating the subject logically and politely, you and a few others very often took the low road and wrote smug, insulting comments -- posting likewise GIFs to cement your smug position, creating anger and emnity within the forum.

End of Line.

My tactics are fine, your bitter self accused me of inflating stats and was pressed when Reggie didn't flop in the Ultimate Character Poll.

It's actually 46 likes now and 3 retweets. It was also the 2nd most liked tweet in the entire comment section. Unimpressive my ass. And you can expect more because I'm extending the campaign online, so you guys can fume here while Reggie sets social media off.

I will continue to use these metrics.

I find it sad that you went through this entire thread to calculate these so called statistics as if it will really matter in the long scheme of things.

The simple facts are that this thread had gone 29 pages despite whatever content and the OP has 17 positive responses. No one but you guys or the mods have the time to go through 29 pages and come up with percentages.

Sorry

Cheers

source.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Should've known... You just can't fix stupid...

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Should've known... You just can't fix stupid...

What's stupid is when you attempted to discredit this large, successful poll as photoshop.

Screenshot_2017_12_23_13_06_08.png

Just now, Armani? said:

What's stupid is when you attempted to discredit this large, successful poll as photoshop.

I was actually editing my post when you responded. You're completely naive to believe that Reggie is "highly requested" because a handful of people are interested in the idea.

Also, if you think that it's not possible for someone to photoshop that image, you clearly have no clue what photoshop is...

BUT, you're very persistent here. If you applied this amount of effort into other areas of your life, you could do great things.

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

I was actually editing my post when you responded. You're completely naive to believe that Reggie is "highly requested" because a handful of people are interested in the idea.

Also, if you think that it's not possible for someone to photoshop that image, you clearly have no clue what photoshop is...

BUT, you're very persistent here. If you applied this amount of effort into other areas of your life, you could do great things.

Reggie is one of the most iconic and memorable characters in the Friday The 13th franchise.

You're naive to think only a handful of people want him in the game. This forum is different from the GP 

Just now, Armani? said:

Reggie is one of the most iconic and memorable characters in the Friday The 13th franchise.

You're naive to think onlyba 

Who?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed John Shepherd's portrayal of Tommy Jarvis and would've rather have him, but we got the Tommy from Part 6, so everyone seems to be ok with it and accepts him as Tommy.

I don't think it'll be much of a big deal if Reggie was older in the game. People will still recognize him as Reggie. Have you seen how Shavar looked in the 90s growing up? He really didn't look like he aged by the minute. He always seemed to maintain his Reggie look from what I've seen.

hqdefault.jpgReggie_300x300.JPG?v=1437934990

Tommy was in the movies both young and old, Reggie wasn’t. I’m not trying to put you down I’m just saying that’s a bad example.

Best chance of Reggie being added is maybe in a new game mode with kid npcs or single player challenges but aging a character wouldn’t fit the source material. I think if you brainstorm ideas for new game modes instead calling for an older version of him, you’d have a better shot of seeing Reggie in the game.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Armani? said:

You're stating your opinion as if is was fact.

4 minutes ago, Armani? said:

You're naive to think only a handful of people want him in the game. This forum is different from the GP 

Of all your attempts at getting more eyes on this suggestion, posting on social media, etc, you've gotten a total of what? 60 people?

The mean girl thread got 23 likes, clearly more than 23 people were interested. There were plenty of people discussing the topic in that thread. This one has 5 people discussing the topic, and plenty more discussing the lack of interested parties. Go ahead and campaign for Reggie all you want. Just stop stating opinion/speculation as fact. You full of shit and everyone here can see that (especially after @Cokeyskunk crunched the numbers).

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Of all your attempts at getting more eyes on this suggestion, posting on social media, etc, you've gotten a total of what? 60 people?

The mean girl thread got 23 likes, clearly more than 23 people were interested. There were plenty of people discussing the topic in that thread. This one has 5 people discussing the topic, and plenty more discussing the lack of interested parties. Go ahead and campaign for Reggie all you want. Just stop stating opinion/speculation as fact. You full of shit and everyone here can see that (especially after @Cokeyskunk crunched the numbers).

I never even extended our campaign to other places than the official forum. I don't have twitter, instagram, I don't upload youtube videos or any of that, I'm old fashioned, lol. The mean girl campaign was purely held here, and yet... Now and then, new users registered in the forums and posted just to show their support, and I welcomed them all. 

• Like 4

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

I never even extended our campaign to other places than the official forum. I don't have twitter, instagram, I don't upload youtube videos or any of that, I'm old fashioned, lol. The mean girl campaign was purely held here, and yet... Now and then, new users registered in the forums and posted just to show their support. 

Exactly. You never needed the same 4 other people to bump the thread once a week because nobody cared about it. You ALWAYS had people discussing the topic.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Truth said:

Reggie is more remembered to general Horror Movie fans than Melissa, sorry to burst any one's bubbles. She's still a iconic trope.

My social media campaign is just starting. And no, Reggie has gotten more than 60 total likes. My one little post on twitter already has 46 likes.

Ykw3oeE.jpg

Melissa got a lot of centered support on here because she appeals to the gays because she's a bitch basically and they are known for stanning.

11 minutes ago, doitagain said:

Tommy was in the movies both young and old, Reggie wasn’t. I’m not trying to put you down I’m just saying that’s a bad example.

Best chance of Reggie being added is maybe in a new game mode with kid npcs or single player challenges but aging a character wouldn’t fit the source material. I think if you brainstorm ideas for new game modes instead calling for an older version of him, you’d have a better shot of seeing Reggie in the game.

Yes, this is how I would want Reggie added to the game, either as a "Rob Dier" type intro cameo or perhaps a counselor based "escort mission" type NPC. If we are asking for more part 5 characters then I rather naked Tina or "wet, see-through top" Pam Roberts be added to the game. ;)

• Like 1