Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Really? Over the last two months, please show me an example of anyone BESIDES Armani, Liquid Swordsman, or yourself bumping this thread after a hiatus of longer than a day.

I found ONE instance, and that was someone adding to the earlier "stalker joke" made by @Rexfellis about the obsessive nature of this thread.

By my count, that's three people bumping the thread. So, without that, this thread would have zero comments on it since at least January.

Want to go back further? I've found no less than twenty instances of one of the above-named three bumping the thread after a long hiatus over the last year. The majority of responses from others are negative.

This thread is not this size because "everyone wants Reggie." This thread is this size because of a very small minority who do and are using deceptive practices to try to make it look as though many here do.

Playing off @hu_soldier13's earlier comment:

*insert gloating gif of someone drinking here*

I can assure you I am never looking for an argument. But absolutely, I will "point out something" when obvious deceptive practices are constantly utilized on a forum I love. To me, eradicating that contributes something very important. I'm sorry you see me listing facts as "making fun." I may be cheeky, but I never try to be mean.

3 or less, it doesn't matter

 

Maybe you should get it in your head, that the thread will be continued to be bumped. It doesn't matter the quantity of people as long as it's more than 1. Why obsess over that?

 

The OP has 15 likes, why?

 

Most of the members that liked it aren't even that active here. This site doesn't have a lot of active members on the regular basis

 

So no, there is a general liking for Reggie to be in the game. That's simply a fact.

 

There's nothing deceptive about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Is this thread Still alive? 

We're waiting for @ArmaniūüĎϬ†for a update. He went AWOL for about a month after contacting Shavar's secretary

But yes, the thread is still alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay Then, Just wondering (Not really interested in Reggie, I only come here for the hot fights)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoyBurns said:

Most of the members that liked it aren't even that active here

That "metric" is a strong indication of accounts being made (or doubled or tripled) with the sole purpose of "liking" that one post. Again, false metrics.

I love the enthusiasm. I hate the tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

That "metric" is a strong indication of accounts being made (or doubled or tripled) with the sole purpose of "liking" that one post. Again, false metrics.

I love the enthusiasm. I hate the tactics.

There were no 10+ multiple accounts made. 

Again, your bitterness is transparent. What you say has no proof, but lack thereof.

It's not that hard to get people to like the OP.

Continue to fume I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

There were no 10+ multiple accounts made. 

I state my suspicion as a possibility. You state yours as fact.

I stated mine as a possibility because it was ONLY a suspicion, and I cannot verify it.

Since you're stating yours as a fact, please provide the evidence you have to substantiate this.

Or . . . is it actually just a possibility that no one made any multiple or one-shot accounts for this particular campaign?

4 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

your bitterness is transparent.

I'm unsure why you continue to accuse me of something totally irrelevant to this conversation.

I unequivocally testify that I have no problem with Reggie being added to the game. NONE whatsoever.

I have ONLY a problem with those using underhanded and deceptive practices in order to achieve that goal.

That particular bitterness should be quite transparent. Just do things the right way and the bitterness will disappear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Is this thread Still alive? 

God I hope not...maybe after the bit of back and forth on here it will be considered derailed enough for a lock and burial.

No character needs to have their own topic for a suggestion. There are merged threads for map suggestions, clothing suggestions, etc. Why does this kid from a mostly hated movie in the franchise (I actually liked it by the way) need a 22 page topic that is being kept on life support by 2-3 people?

General liking for this character because the original post has 15 likes...out of how many forum members that have come and gone since December?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

 

No character needs to have their own topic for a suggestion.

And...why not?

Reggie isn't the only one who does on here. He's 2nd behind Melissa.

6 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I state my suspicion as a possibility. You state yours as fact.

I stated mine as a possibility because it was ONLY a suspicion, and I cannot verify it.

Since you're stating yours as a fact, please provide the evidence you have to substantiate this.

Or . . . is it actually just a possibility that no one made any multiple or one-shot accounts for this particular campaign?

That possibility can be for every big thread on this site, yet you only repeat the same possibility of that in this thread

Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoyBurns said:

That possibility can be for every big thread on this site, yet you only repeat the same possibility of that in this thread

Hmm...

You know? There are several reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally good reason for that.

Let's have a look:

  • The vast majority of comments are made by many different people
  • Most of the comments are positive
  • The threads are not constantly bumped by the same accounts
  • The majority of the comments are not centered around asking for the thread to stop being bumped by the aforementioned accounts
  • Most of the bumps have something important to say about the topic, rather than bumping for bumping's sake

Shall I go on, or is that enough to differentiate this thread from all the other high-count ones? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You know? There are several reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally good reason for that.

Let's have a look:

  • The vast majority of comments are made by many different people
  • Most of the comments are positive
  • The threads are not constantly bumped by the same accounts
  • The majority of the comments are not centered around asking for the thread to stop being bumped by the aforementioned accounts
  • Most of the bumps have something important to say about the topic, rather than bumping for bumping's sake

Shall I go on, or is that enough to differentiate this thread from all the other high-count ones? 

Oh please, my one little post being a bump just to bump on that entire page and suddenly the entire thread by his fans is full of posts adding nothing beneficial or on topic

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

Oh please, my one little post being a bump just to bump on that entire page and suddenly the entire thread by his fans is full of posts adding nothing beneficial or on topic

Lol

Well, surely you can look at it that way . . . but only if you force yourself to look ONLY at that one bump, and not ALL the other things we've just pointed out to you . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Well, surely you can look at it that way . . . but only if you force yourself to look ONLY at that one bump, and not ALL the other things we've just pointed out to you . . . 

Those things by a couple members including you won't stop the thread from being bumped, the OP having 16 positive likes, and the continuation of the campaign to have him in the game.

 

So are we done with this specific conversation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

Those things by a couple members including you won't stop the thread from being bumped, the OP having 16 positive likes, and the continuation of the campaign to have him in the game.

 

So are we done with this specific conversation?

So, basic translation:

"I don't care how many facts you present to me. I can't dispute them. But I'm going to continue artificially driving up the numbers and reiterating false metrics as proof until I get my way, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Point taken. We are done, sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

So, basic translation:

"I don't care how many facts you present to me. I can't dispute them. But I'm going to continue artificially driving up the numbers and reiterating false metrics as proof until I get my way, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Point taken. We are done, sir.

It seems you've mistaken facts for "possibility suspicions" again.

 

You should work on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

It seems you've mistaken facts for "possibility suspicions" again.

 

You should work on that.

K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

K.

K

 

OT - 

On 4/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, Liquid Swordsman said:

I know I mentioned this before in my other post, but I'll add it again for those who are the TLDR crew, but in case they don't want to go through so much of hassle to make Reggie a new hero spawn, I guess a more simple way to do it is to make him a regular counselor and make it so that only Reggie can access the tractor. Maybe throw in other counselors to use it too. (Like Adam and Kenny). What do you all think? 

Also, should the tractor only be usable on Pinehurst for Reggie? Or can it fair well for something like Higgins too or perhaps more maps?

I think the tractor should be only available at Pinehurst. It makes Reggie and the map itself more special.

 

It would open more creative ideas for all the other maps.

 

Also, if you made this gif, you're amazing.

gGggIFo.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoyBurns said:

If you don't like Reggie there's 0 logic to continue entering a thread you have zero interest of a character of being in the game

That's an entirely false statement and I can't believe you would even try to pass that off on a game forum... That's one of the dumbest things I've seen on here, and that's saying A LOT.

The whole point of a forum is to discuss opinions on various ideas/mechanics. If we don't agree with Reggie being added, this is where we go to say it. Don't try to tell people they can't comment in a thread if the disagree with you. That's the whole reason we are here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Truth said:

That's an entirely false statement and I can't believe you would even try to pass that off on a game forum... That's one of the dumbest things I've seen on here, and that's saying A LOT.

The whole point of a forum is to discuss opinions on various ideas/mechanics. If we don't agree with Reggie being added, this is where we go to say it. Don't try to tell people they can't comment in a thread if the disagree with you. That's the whole reason we are here.

The thing is many of you haven't even said this, but rather continue to co sign trying to derail the thread with bullshit. 

And if you have said you don't want Reggie in the game(not many people), there's no logic to continue coming to the thread saying the same thing repeatedly. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoyBurns said:

there's no logic to continue coming to the thread saying the same thing repeatedly.

And you stated your opinion of the topic, so why do you continue to come back and say the same thing repeatedly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Truth said:

And you stated your opinion of the topic, so why do you continue to come back and say the same thing repeatedly?

Because I have and many others actually have offered constructive things to the thread other than the same recycled things that a few members keep doing. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoyBurns said:

Because I have and many others actually have offered constructive things to the thread other than the same recycled things that a few members keep doing. 

You have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoyBurns said:

other than the same recycled things that a few members keep doing. 

. . . you mean like the same three members who keep bumping the thread to try to keep it relevant . . . ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

. . . you mean like the same three members who keep bumping the thread to try to keep it relevant . . . ?

 Yep, with things that are constructive and bring new conversation.

We don't come here to post the same recycled posts that you have. 

Again, not seeing how the quantity of people posting matters as long as its more than 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RoyBurns

From the forum rules, since you probably haven't read them:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/3-friday-the-13th-the-game-forum-rules/

Please Post with Purpose: Be advised, we do offer areas to blow off steam and generally horse around, but in areas that are meant to be serious, we wish for you to post with intent, rather than simply 'up' your post count. This helps weed out spam, keep discussions on topic and gets information out there quicker.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:20 PM, RoyBurns said:

The hiatus though:ph34r:

This has no purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×