Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

Spoilers: Shifty is the item increase prelude to a Jason buff?

@ShiftySamurai Is the current item increase a prelude to a major Jason buff when Uber Jason is released? I know in a recent thread @GunMedia_Ben acknowledged that he was aware the community wants Jason buffed. Did you increase the amount of items because Jason is about to go into beast mode like before?

13 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I guess spoiler period is over.

What else don't I need to discover in the Virtual Cabin when I get to play in a couple weeks?

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

What else don't I need to discover in the Virtual Cabin when I get to play in a couple weeks?

Sorry. But hey the secret was out by now. 

I was successful in avoiding it up until an hour ago when someone else posted a "Spoiler: Uber Jason" thread title.

They put "spoiler" in the title with "Uber Jason." The logic is astounding. 

Im sure people expecting to get it for Xmas have had a lot of the new stuff spoiled.

37 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I was successful in avoiding it up until an hour ago when someone else posted a "Spoiler: Uber Jason" thread title.

Im sure people expecting to get it for Xmas have had a lot of the new stuff spoiled.

If they are on the fourms or the internet in general. Gamespot let the Jason out the bag an hour ago. Getting back on topic if they restored Jason's grab the counselors would need those items.

37 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

It's astounding how many people do this.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's astounding how many people do this.

I fixed the title. But like I said the Jason was kinda out of the bag. But I do apologize.

We are going to see a Jason buff. @GunMedia_Ben in the Too many pocket knives thread I think it was acknowledged the fan base wants a Jason buff and said the latest patch wasn't a balance update. But it would be nice if we could get a confirmation on a future Jason/ Councilor balance patch.

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I made a video of the best parts (in my eyes) of the cabin... Just saying. ;)

Honestly though, I didn't really enjoy it. Not my type of game but I know some people love that kind of stuff. I'm sorry it got spoiled for you- the internet sucks.

13 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

he 

Keep dreaming man

9 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

We are going to see a Jason buff. @GunMedia_Ben in the Too many pocket knives thread I think it was acknowledged the fan base wants a Jason buff and said the latest patch wasn't a balance update. But it would be nice if we could get a confirmation on a future Jason/ Councilor balance patch.

Not really, in that thread he said to "git gud and be a lion", he never said anything about Jason buff

I'd tend to hope so.

Either way, it looks silly enough that 7 scrawny counselors can man handle Jason like they can now.

Can't wait to see Uber Jason get knocked on his ass by a wooden baseball bat of all things.

A FUCKING CYBORG Hybrid to boot. They better not give him trash stats.

I could totally see them giving him this and thinking its unique enough to compensate for having all the worst weaknesses. As it is, demasking Jason should be MUCH MORE DIFFICULT now than what it currently is. Uber Jason even more so.

+ Stun Resistance

+ Defense

+ Hit Points

- Traps

- Shift

- Can't Run

Or if they went with @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

And 4 strengths/weaknesses.

+ Stun Resistance

+ Defense

+ Hit Points

+ Destruction

- Can't Run

- Shift

- Morph

- Traps

Then again, unless his traps are different. Traps with leaves are gonna look really silly on Grendel.

• Like 1

While we are certainly looking at balance, and your feedback in regards to Jason, I can't give your thread a definitive answer.

6 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

While we are certainly looking at balance, and your feedback in regards to Jason, I can't give your thread a definitive answer.

Thanks shifty.

14 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Thanks shifty.

What do you expect from a guy named "shifty" lol.

23 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Then again, unless his traps are different. Traps with leaves are gonna leave really silly on Grendel.

They could make it like a nanobot trap or laser trap or something.

Hmm, maybe Uber Jason could have "cloaked traps" that are invisible unless approached while crouching.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

What do you expect from a guy named "shifty" lol.

They could make it like a nanobot trap or laser trap or something.

I just glad to hear that they are looking at the balance. @ShiftySamurai at least bothered to comment and that means a lot. But I have to say that getting the  three items that Tommy Jarvis spawns in with at a single campsite would be perfectly acceptable if Jason got a buff. 

As far as Uber Jason's knives and traps go a small redesign is most likely in the works. I personally think it would be neat if Uber Jason had a wrist mounted blade launcher animation for his throwing knifes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Any comment regard the "slight increase of item spawn at campfire" that turned out into a massive boost to counsellor ?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Much appreciated all the same.

They ain't balancing shit!

They refuse to talk about the massive increase in shotguns, med sprays and pocket knives. Their pride is too strong. They think they know the game better then we do. Fuck them.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I get the no definitive answer thing but why don't you guys engage the community and ask specifically what the community would like to see fixed? Reaching out to the community would help change the perception that nobody is listening. We've heard the "we read everything" line in the past and that doesn't quite equate to engagement or even understanding on Gun/Illphonic's part.

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I get the no definitive answer thing but why don't you guys engage the community and ask specifically what the community would like to see fixed? Reaching out to the community would help change the perception that nobody is listening. We've heard the "we read everything" line in the past and that doesn't quite equate to engagement or even understanding on Gun/Illphonic's part.

The top three things that I have heard about game balance from here, reddit, and our social channels would likely be:

1. It’s easy to grief/troll Jason players due to recent-ish changes (Jason’s grab & hit detection/range, throwing knife hit detection, etc). - this one actually contains a lot of other “smaller” community complaints as well, such as items spawn counts, weapon counts, and other gameplay features that favor counselors over Jason.

2. Jason 7 is highly underpowered compared to other Jasons.

3. Counselor perks are useless/specific counselors are useless.

There are other complaints that don’t fall under these three general headings, but the majority do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Please stop the Jason mobs and remove pocket knives and shotguns from the campfires. Jason is a joke.

• Like 2