Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

Spoilers: Shifty is the item increase prelude to a Jason buff?

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The top three things that I have heard about game balance from here, reddit, and our social channels would likely be:

1. It’s easy to grief/troll Jason players due to recent-ish changes (Jason’s grab & hit detection/range, throwing knife hit detection, etc). - this one actually contains a lot of other “smaller” community complaints as well, such as items spawn counts, weapon counts, and other gameplay features that favor counselors over Jason.

2. Jason 7 is highly underpowered compared to other Jasons.

3. Counselor perks are useless/specific counselors are useless.

There are other complaints that don’t fall under these three general headings, but the majority do.

Glad to see you acknowledge this stuff. But it remains to be seen rather or not changes will be made. IMO the game can’t stay like it currently is while waiting another month on a patch. It’s damn near unplayable.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Super Ty said:

Glad to see you acknowledge this stuff. But it remains to be seen rather or not changes will be made. IMO the game can’t stay like it currently is while waiting another month on a patch. It’s damn near unplayable.

Well, I mean, part 7 has been useless since launch and still remains the same. I'd say he's been one of the biggest complaints since launch from both councillor and Jason mains alike because it's so undeniable. 

@ShiftySamurai

One of the easiest and quite frankly to be considered laziest fixes ever is simply take away the speed decrease on negative Shift Jasons and instead keep the cooldown like Morph (seen with Part 6) and keep the normal shift speed as seen in neutral Jasons, only with a longer cooldown.

Really easy fix, for Part 2, Part 4 and Part 7, all negative shift Jasons. It won't fix the uselessness of traps, though I maintain whether you play neutral trap Jasons, negative trap Jasons or Part 2. Traps are useless as long as multiple med sprays litter the map, plus medic, plus thick skin, etc. Some scaleback is needed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alcanx said:

Well, I mean, part 7 has been useless since launch and still remains the same. I'd say he's been one of the biggest complaints since launch from both councillor and Jason mains alike because it's so undeniable. 

It actually goes back further than that. They knew about the issues with J7 a year ago when we were beta testing. Still, nothing has been done. So until they do, I’m not supporting the game monetarily any further until they improve him, and restore Jason in general back to what he’s supposed to be. I haven’t bought the J7 kill pack, and currently have no intentions of getting it.

4 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

It actually goes back further than that. They knew about the issues with J7 a year ago when we were beta testing. Still, nothing has been done. So until they do, I’m not supporting the game monetarily any further until they improve him, and restore Jason in general back to what he’s supposed to be. I haven’t bought the J7 kill pack, and currently have no intentions of getting it.

Wow, it's worse than I thought. Unfortunately, I didn't know the game even exsisted until it was released so I had no idea. 

Same here though, me and my group have switched to dead until they fix the game, I'll happily buy the kill packs when they make Jason actually fun and worth playing again. 

18 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The top three things that I have heard about game balance from here, reddit, and our social channels would likely be:

1. It’s easy to grief/troll Jason players due to recent-ish changes (Jason’s grab & hit detection/range, throwing knife hit detection, etc). - this one actually contains a lot of other “smaller” community complaints as well, such as items spawn counts, weapon counts, and other gameplay features that favor counselors over Jason.

There are other complaints that don’t fall under these three general headings, but the majority do.

That's a start, hopefully we can see them addressed soon.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:28 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey don't forget that the October update that added the window break prompt consequently created an invisible barrier around any counselor that is climbing or diving through a window. Jason cannot approach or attack a window for the entire duration of the animation of a counselor climbing or diving through a window. The barrier protects counselors and the window until the animation finishes.

Everything Wrong with Windows

The window break prompt needs to be undone and worked on with extensive testing before being reinstated. If the devs want a prompt for the windows, it must not interfere with the original window damage system, how it worked at launch up until this October.

• Thanks 2

I think the item increase - at least how it is now - is a bug.

Odds are they meant to add ONE of the items currently appearing at camp fires, maybe two (one weapon and a spray).

But I can almost guarantee that the game spawning spray, knife AND shotgun is a bug and/or unintentional.

There's no way they intentionally gave all these items to counselors.

That being said, I'm not effected by the number of pocket knives. Can't use them when Jason slashes you to death :P

On 12/22/2017 at 9:34 AM, Super Ty said:

Actually with most of my regular private match people not playing, the few of us that remain do quickplay. I wonder how many casuals rage quit the game in general, never to return, with a group of 2-4 of 10X level players trolling Jason mercilessly. 

Ah well, if Gun doesn't care about turning the playerbase away, why should I?

On 12/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

1. The grab range and hit detection are very weak, especially when playing on console with the poor FPS compared to Pc. Now with so many counselor items, but Jason can't trap stack, they can dispose of a single trap or two even easier. Almost makes the trap a simple map alarm to check once in a while.

2. Part 7 either could use more destruction or speed. Taking 6 hits to take a door down then not being able to shift far, and walk slow make it such a slow-paced chase. He feels weak and sluggish. 

3. There are no worthless counselors. People need to play out of their safe zone and get used to how each plays and contributes to the team. 

Maybe just my opinions. Thanks for listening, responding, and more importantly, giving a fuck guys.

On 12/22/2017 at 6:28 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

1. I do hope you guys look at the root problems of this and not the superficial symptoms.

2. Jason 7 needs help; yes. Problems exist in your Jason design for all Jasons to be honest. Not all abilities/traits have positives and negatives. Some are really good (destruction and shift), while others are almost completely meaningless as they are implemented now (stun resistance and defense as examples). It is kinda hard to design a meaningful Jason that has a unique feel when the meta abilities basically dictate which Jasons people like. The favored meta abilities as they are now largely exist due to flaws in the design of the traits/abilities. Weapon Strength wasn't something people cared about until it became necessary to have a slashing Jason to kill counselors quickly who are swimming in pocket knives and health sprays.

3. Perk system is fundamentally flawed. Most perks are worthless or too situational to be practical. The healing perks are massively broken when combined with the high med-spray item counts. This undermines many other things, such as pocket knives being used on traps, leading to more in Jason's neck. This, along with higher spawns of knives leads to broken slasher gameplay and makes the cool grab kills pointless. It also highlights to poor hit detection causing more player rage. No single counselor is useless, but the irrelevant design of certain stat mechanics (Stealth for example) means some counselors are simply more bang-for-the-buck.

Thanks for keeping your ear to the ground Shifty, but I think this game has greater issues than the surface notes you're seeing through direct feedback. :(

• Like 1

On 12/24/2017 at 9:54 AM, Tim Voorhees13 said:

Please don't worry about useless Perks, concentrate more on the useless titular killer. Kthxbi, merry x Mas 

Rather than focusing on useless perks, they should be focusing on the perks that are too useful. Medic is ridiculously overpowered, especially with the increase to medsprays on the map.

I'm glad they are taking the feedback on the various social media sites into account. I have recently heard that Friday The 13th The Game is lighthearted compared to Dead by Daylight. I'm sure that isn't what the developers intended. 

Don't bet or expect a Jason buff. They want the game swayed in favor of counselors because you play as them the most. If people got vewy vewy sad they lost a lot as counselors they'd not want to play. If they didn't want to play they'd not want to spend more money on DLC. Thus, the game will cater to the money instead of the franchise. I mean, dying in a survival horror game based on Friday the 13th? The nerve! The audacity! 

18 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Don't bet or expect a Jason buff. They want the game swayed in favor of counselors because you play as them the most. If people got vewy vewy sad they lost a lot as counselors they'd not want to play. If they didn't want to play they'd not want to spend more money on DLC. Thus, the game will cater to the money instead of the franchise. I mean, dying in a survival horror game based on Friday the 13th? The nerve! The audacity! 

I think Jason will get buffed. The developers have said they are looking at the balance issues in this very thread. 

Part 7 is the most needed buff to Jason i manage to make 8/8 with him often but i must agree he need a buff changing shift speed would change everything when i look at him he make me think of a hard mode for Jason he is not made for casual players only for pro most likely with that all Jason need a buff for weapon range ( part 2 mostly ) with a better hit detection same goes for counselors for grab range for me is good he is more realistic that way only detection need a change.

- Part 7 change to shift speed with keeping is shift weakness.

- Increase hit detection for both his grab and weapons.

- Increase Range for Weapon.

- Make a more noticable speed between running and walking Jason.

- Make blocking reduce damage but not stun resistance as counselor can't block grab there will be on the same level.

For Counselors

- At least one Medspray and pocket knife per counselors

- Keep the nerf on cars and boat he make motorboarding , speed demon and lead foot more viable.

- Make cars and boat destructible after jason stop it at least three times and instant when in rage.

He would a good buff to Jason and less for Counselor for Medspray and pocket knife i don't think it's necessary to reduce at least pocket knife but at least they disarm trap more often but for medspray maybe it's too much mostly with thick skinned and hypochondriac.

Edit :