Dyson350

Seems like the devs and most people forget you should be LUCKY if you survive.

2 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

Just a heads up the community has caught on to this and experienced/skilled counselors time it to stop & go forward just before Jason gets to the rear.  

There is a counter. Timing is everything.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think they're just intentionally making counselors overpowered so they can get some of that Dead by Daylight money.

Agree $$$$$ has to be the factor in such a wild differentiation from the survival horror spiel people were fed during the kickstarter/backer kit.  It can be the only reasoning of why the direction seems to have taken such a dramatic turn in the last few months.

I think the single player components will end up being more of a service to the Friday/horror fan demographic with multiplayer catering more short-term to the kids who play. It's a shame though, as they had the best multiplayer survival horror experience I'd ever played at launch - and that experience now seems dead-in-the-water.

Hopefully they'll add new single player missions as DLC after that component itself is launched. That way they'll be able to cater to both the long haul horror fans who'll want a degree of movie realism in their DLC purchases and also to the kid demographic who want the farcical dancing and ridiculous costumes other publishers like Capcom would have an aneurysm over - being in their horror games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I've been level 101 for months. I've killed Jason dozens of times. I almost never die as a counselor.

I respectfully disagree.

How many times exactly? 20 is my killcount

Haha, you're kidding, right? It should in no way be easy for Jason to win. This is a video game, it's boring if it's too easy. Because this is a video game, you also have to keep in mind that some people prefer to play counselors, and, because of this, the devs have to cater to them too. They would lose a HUGE amount of players if they made being a counselor very hard. This game needs a balance, meaning it should be balanced for both sides. Jason in no way should be made so OP that he wins every time. You shouldn't be lucky to escape as a counselor. You should be skillful. 

• Like 1

For the original post, thank you. I agree. I am tired of hearing how a hulking serial killer that towers every counselor should have the same reach as a counselor. It shouldn't be fair. Jason was a beast. Now he is rarely a challenge. Maybe that's why more people quit now after the game starts and they find out they are Jason. Maybe I shouild rewatch the movies and see Kevin Bacon troll Jason in his speedo. Oh wait, that doesn't happen. Can't believe changes like item locations on maps. When the game first released, it was a struggle and nearly rare to escape. Killing him was almost unheard of. I liked it better back then. Had more excitement. Maybe because we play as counselor more often, so now I have more games where I don't feel scares. Whereas the fewer games, playing as Jason that is, are more stressful. 

As for stats debate, do you want to lone wolf and survive the night or fix shit and get people out? I am a team player trying to get counselors out. I love stealth and high repair. AJ is my main. I have grown to like Fox because I dig her combat capabilities with some speed while her repair is still good though. If you want yourself to survive, sure, speed, stamina, luck. For getting shit done together quickly and quietly, speed, repair, stealth, stamina. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

They would lose a HUGE amount of players if they made being a counselor very hard.

If that were actually true, the game would be dead on arrival since counselor balance was at its most difficult during the beta and release periods.

• Like 2

Man Im starting to feel like a fool because I bought this game back in May and have been a big fan of the game so much so I have told my friends and family to buy it. But after the last 2 weeks of playing its the same shit every night. I get maybe 1 or 2 matchs in then its the counselor beat down show. All 5 of us were by the police and I go in and the rest wait for Jason to beat on him for over 10 minutes. The bots are nice to have but they are a joke to play against so come on get this shit tuned up. It reminds me of the old Frankenstein movie where the townspeople chase him around with torches not a big bad ass Jason game. How many times do you have to hear this story before you do something ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Haha, you're kidding, right? It should in no way be easy for Jason to win. This is a video game, it's boring if it's too easy. Because this is a video game, you also have to keep in mind that some people prefer to play counselors, and, because of this, the devs have to cater to them too. They would lose a HUGE amount of players if they made being a counselor very hard. This game needs a balance, meaning it should be balanced for both sides. Jason in no way should be made so OP that he wins every time. You shouldn't be lucky to escape as a counselor. You should be skillful. 

Having it be tough(and needing a bit of luck) to survive a night at Camp Crystal Lake IS the fun. Escaping isn’t the fun part, it’s the lead up to said escape that’s fun. Those moments of extreme tension, hoping, praying Jason doesn’t come to your area as you repair the phone etc. There absolutely does NOT need to be balance. The game should HEAVILY favor Jason. It’s better for BOTH sides if that’s the case. At launch, escaping was a true accomplishment and killing Jason was euphoric. Now, escaping Jason is all but routine for even avg skilled Jason’s and killing Jason has now become simplistic with just the least amount of skill and communication. Remember when the devs themselves said they’d be able to kill Jason every 1 in 75 matches? Now you have people on THIS VERY FORUM, that can kill Jason, 5, 10 times IN A ROW. THAT is all the evidence you need that the pendulum has swung too far towards the counselors. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, dodger1010 said:

Man Im starting to feel like a fool because I bought this game back in May and have been a big fan of the game so much so I have told my friends and family to buy it. But after the last 2 weeks of playing its the same shit every night. I get maybe 1 or 2 matchs in then its the counselor beat down show. All 5 of us were by the police and I go in and the rest wait for Jason to beat on him for over 10 minutes. The bots are nice to have but they are a joke to play against so come on get this shit tuned up. It reminds me of the old Frankenstein movie where the townspeople chase him around with torches not a big bad ass Jason game. How many times do you have to hear this story before you do something ?

I think the devs understand a lot of our frustrations. I’d be surprised if there aren’t some major tweaks made to Jason to bring him back to the level he was prior. If not, the game dies. This game will live or die by the hardcore F13 community and they don’t want to play a Dead by Daylight clone. They want an F13 simulation. 

Back in May/June this game was the funnest game I played in years. It scared the shit out of me a few times you know that zing you get in your gut like when you seen the movies for the first time back in the day. I even tweeted to them how great it was and that I was all in and would be buying all DLC and a season pass or add on stuff to support them and how do they thank me they fuck up the core game play. Thanks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

When and how did they nerf shift grab?

havent really played in months soooo sorry if this is old news.

You used to be able to grab while still in shift, while now you have to exit shift and then grab. There's a delay. This happened many many months ago, I don't even remember when. And then they nerfed the grab in general back in late October.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

You used to be able to grab while still in shift, while now you have to exit shift and then grab. There's a delay. This happened many many months ago, I don't even remember when. And then they nerfed the grab in general back in late October.

Oh wow.

That is a really big nerf. Probably won’t get on to play again any time soon then.

Seems like they started listening to people that think they should survive every single game they play.

2 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Oh wow.

That is a really big nerf. Probably won’t get on to play again any time soon then.

Seems like they started listening to people that think they should survive every single game they play.

Oh it gets worse. They increased the number of pocket knives and shotguns on maps.

7 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think they're just intentionally making counselors overpowered so they can get some of that Dead by Daylight money.

Screw that noise. The Duke says a Friday the 13th game should be a Friday the 13th game, not Dead by Daylight: Crystal Lake Edition.

They can keep all of the current existing buffs to the counselors, just bring Jason's overall strength back up to launch week levels (albeit with the buffs and nerfs to stuff exclusive to certain Jasons). Then the game will become really fun again.

1 hour ago, John Wick said:

Having it be tough(and needing a bit of luck) to survive a night at Camp Crystal Lake IS the fun. Escaping isn’t the fun part, it’s the lead up to said escape that’s fun. Those moments of extreme tension, hoping, praying Jason doesn’t come to your area as you repair the phone etc. There absolutely does NOT need to be balance. The game should HEAVILY favor Jason. It’s better for BOTH sides if that’s the case. At launch, escaping was a true accomplishment and killing Jason was euphoric. Now, escaping Jason is all but routine for even avg skilled Jason’s and killing Jason has now become simplistic with just the least amount of skill and communication. Remember when the devs themselves said they’d be able to kill Jason every 1 in 75 matches? Now you have people on THIS VERY FORUM, that can kill Jason, 5, 10 times IN A ROW. THAT is all the evidence you need that the pendulum has swung too far towards the counselors. 

Right, except, you're wrong. The tension may be fun(the same way a rollercoaster might be) but losing isn't. Biologically speaking, the brain releases less testosterone when losing, which makes you feel worse. Meanwhile, it releases more when winning, which in turn releases dopamine, which makes you feel good. If counselors were to lose all the time, people would stop playing. So yes, it SHOULD be balanced. To further my point, balance means that Jason should have the same amount of chance wiping out a room as counselors have of escaping. That is what balance is. What you want is for it to be extremely rare for anyone to survive. That is not balanced at all and this game would die.

2 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

If that were actually true, the game would be dead on arrival since counselor balance was at its most difficult during the beta and release periods.

Jason didn't even have traps... It wasn't that difficult. People died a lot simply because they weren't that good yet. Once they added the traps, that's when Jason became OP with his force grab and track stacking. People knew this game was a work in progress and that's why it didn't die early on.

43 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Right, except, you're wrong. The tension may be fun(the same way a rollercoaster might be) but losing isn't. Biologically speaking, the brain releases less testosterone when losing, which makes you feel worse. Meanwhile, it releases more when winning, which in turn releases dopamine, which makes you feel good. If counselors were to lose all the time, people would stop playing. So yes, it SHOULD be balanced. To further my point, balance means that Jason should have the same amount of chance wiping out a room as counselors have of escaping. That is what balance is. What you want is for it to be extremely rare for anyone to survive. That is not balanced at all and this game would die.

Uhhh.. I've had fun winning or losing. It's the challenge that makes it exhilirating. I'm a fan of the movies. Why bother with the license if the end result is not even close to the source material? Jason shouldn't be a pinata. And there is a body count to these movies.

Yes, there is a survivor in the end or two.. But no F13 movie has ended yet with everyone lighting him up followed by a team escape.

One of us is playing the wrong game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoLoveYourselfHard said:

Uhhh.. I've had fun winning or losing. It's the challenge that makes it exhilirating. I'm a fan of the movies. Why bother with the license if the end result is not even close to the source material? Jason shouldn't be a pinata. And there is a body count to these movies.

Yes, there is a survivor in the end or two.. But no F13 movie has ended yet with everyone lighting him up followed by a team escape.

One of us is playing the wrong game.

But you really haven't unless you're playing with friends. It's biology... you aren't exempt to it.

No F13 movie has Jason grabbing. I guess that should be removed too.

2 hours ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

But you really haven't unless you're playing with friends. It's biology... you aren't exempt to it.

Really? No Jason grabbing? Nothing like grabbing people through windows? Grabbing people then shoving a machete or knife through them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone who loves horror games, calling this a 'horror' game is a grossly pathetic overstatement. 

It used to be, now it's more like survival simulator. The monster and survivor should never be even remotely evenly balanced in a horror. Even in games like The Evil Within, where you could use guns against your adversary, they countered it with limited ammo and one-hit-kill monsters. 

5 hours ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

LOL have you even seen a Friday The 13th movie? And your biology example is ridiculously unnecessary. You’re supposed to die a lot in this game that’s kind of the whole point of it. It’s 1 versus 7 after all.