Dyson350

Seems like the devs and most people forget you should be LUCKY if you survive.

I played during vanilla when everyone was complaining about shift grabs and how you lost knives when using them on traps and there should be more knives in the game. Basically I always viewed these people as someone who didn't know the nature of what the game is and also someone who just isn't very good at it. Well it looks like they won and dumbed the game down for the casuals.

Jason is an unstoppable killing machine and teamwork should be required to make it out alive as a counselor. Now I come back and see they added more knives, med spray, nerfed shift grab, and counselors bullying Jason LOL...what a joke. When the game first came out everyone wanted to play Jason because it was fun chasing down counselors and killing them because it was easy, like it should be! Now no one wants to play Jason because you have to go into try hard sweat mode to get a decent amount of kills. They successfully unbalanced the game by trying to make it balanced. It's not suppose to be a fair situation yet now it seems like the playing field is leveled. Which is a shame because this use to be a really fun game if you got into a good lobby...fun hunting down people as Jason and fun as a counselor because you had to be lucky and play good to survive. Last time I played I had to sweat as Jason and every time I played as a counselor is was a easy win. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

They need to also make some adjusts to the car. I'm so sick of people driving in reverse to keep Jason away from stopping them (Even had a bot do this to me last night).

Maybe nerf the speed of the car when driving in reverse or add another way of stopping the car when it drives backwards.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Creighton_Duke said:

They need to also make some adjusts to the car. I'm so sick of people driving in reverse to keep Jason away from stopping them (Even had a bot do this to me last night).

Maybe nerf the speed of the car when driving in reverse or add another way of stopping the car when it drives backwards.

Go into shift and skirt yourself to the back of the car. It will stop automatically. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hal Bailman said:

I miss when my survival stories were a little more in-depth than "Jason got fucked. The end."

Co-sign

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Creighton_Duke said:

Bots will drive the cars?  I have yet to see this.  I've even been leaving the cars untrapped.  I just figured the AI didn't have the capability at this time to drive. 

5 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Bots will drive the cars?  I have yet to see this.  I've even been leaving the cars untrapped.  I just figured the AI didn't have the capability at this time to drive. 

Play on Easy (which actually Hard, for a weird reason).

22 minutes ago, Creighton_Duke said:

Oh wow!   Too funny.  Thanks.  

I got the game recently so I can't have an opinion on something I haven't experienced, but I would say either a lot of councillors do survive in games or they are all totally wiped out depending on team interaction and Jason's experience. One thing I found funny was having a flashlight from the start, it would be easier for the Jason player if everyone had to pick one up/continue stumbling around in the dark making more noise. Hopefully we will get some councillors that are usefully buffed in certain areas to be key teamplayers but are offset with terrible composure or stealth to make it easier for the Jason player to be that unstoppable terror, rather than I admit sometimes a bumbling slasher villain who can't kill Chad.

1 minute ago, a kamikaze man said:

I got the game recently so I can't have an opinion on something I haven't experienced, but I would say either a lot of councillors do survive in games or they are all totally wiped out depending on team interaction and Jason's experience. One thing I found funny was having a flashlight from the start, it would be easier for the Jason player if everyone had to pick one up/continue stumbling around in the dark making more noise. Hopefully we will get some councillors that are usefully buffed in certain areas to be key teamplayers but are offset with terrible composure or stealth to make it easier for the Jason player to be that unstoppable terror, rather than I admit sometimes a bumbling slasher villain who can't kill Chad.

Yeah, you're definitely showing you're new here. Stealth and composure are the least valuable stats in the game.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Yeah, you're definitely showing you're new here. Stealth and composure are the least valuable stats in the game.

What is the best stats now? Vanilla it was thought to be stealth and composure, AJ was considered one of the best.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Actually, Strength is.

Unless you're trying to kill Jason, it has virtually no purpose.

At least Composure and Stealth have a chance at keeping Jason off your back in the early game.

2 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Actually, Strength is.

Unless you're trying to kill Jason, it has virtually no purpose.

That is a purpose, at least. If you're playing as a character with good strength you can get the mask off without much trouble. Once that happens, all a girl has to do is get the sweater (if they're Vanessa they can effortlessly do this early on with no risk) and link up with Tommy. Once that happens they either kill Jason or he plays so cautiously and cowardly that they can escape in some other way.

What is the best stats now? Vanilla it was thought to be stealth and composure, AJ was considered one of the best.

Speed, Luck and Stamina in that order. Repair is also good but you can't have it without sacrificing the other three so it's a choice you have to make. Do you want to be survivable or a support character who can do the repairs quickly? Stealth was popular at release because Jasons didn't know how to play or find people. I haven't seen someone survive by waiting out the timer stealthily in over 3 months.

17 hours ago, Creighton_Duke said:

Ah! I knew it...

17 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Oh wow!   Too funny.  Thanks.  

Didn't I tell you the difficulty was probably bugged and reversed. I've had them start the car once(had to let them, took awhile) and they seem to drive slowly right into you, no need to even use shift to stop it. 

I totally agree with the thread subject, you should for the most part be lucky to survive. I tend to lay down on my couch at times and survive without any effort or team work which sucks. It used to be somewhat of a challenge before, not so much anymore. Hopefully in "Early 2018" Jason gets that much needed buff that he badly needs to make him a monster.

30 minutes ago, Dyson350 said:

Speed, Stamina and Repair are the holy trinity. Evasion and quickly completing objectives is the name of the game.

I place Luck alongside Stealth and Composure. Luck is good for fighting, but you shouldn't be fighting Jason. It's a crutch for when you fuck up. Protip - don't fuck up.

Strength is the worst. Unless you're solely focused on killing Jason, it has no utility other than small bonuses in escaping traps and grabs.

I am relatively new & i agree with you that the balance is a little off in it's current state. The problem however is that balance is completely subjective, what would be the right balance for you would be a way off balance for someone else & vice versa. I'm guessing they had more of a majority asking for it to be easier to escape Jason than the other way round & that's why the balance is as it stands. At the end of the day the balance will unfortunately NEVER be perfect, because everyone has a different idea of what perfect actually is & you can't please everyone.

9 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Speed, Stamina and Repair are the holy trinity. Evasion and quickly completing objectives is the name of the game.

I place Luck alongside Stealth and Composure. Luck is good for fighting, but you shouldn't be fighting Jason. It's a crutch for when you fuck up. Protip - don't fuck up.

Strength is the worst. Unless you're solely focused on killing Jason, it has no utility other than small bonuses in escaping traps and grabs.

You're dead wrong about luck. You're going to have to hit some times, and group combat is pretty safe when everyone has decent luck. Also higher luck allows you to loop broken windows more. There's a reason Chad is better than Tiffany despite having low stamina.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

You're dead wrong about luck. You're going to have to hit some times, and group combat is pretty safe when everyone has decent luck. Also higher luck allows you to loop broken windows more. There's a reason Chad is better than Tiffany despite having low stamina.

I've been level 101 for months. I've killed Jason dozens of times. I almost never die as a counselor.

I respectfully disagree.

13 minutes ago, Jordz_24 said:

I am relatively new & i agree with you that the balance is a little off in it's current state. The problem however is that balance is completely subjective, what would be the right balance for you would be a way off balance for someone else & vice versa. I'm guessing they had more of a majority asking for it to be easier to escape Jason than the other way round & that's why the balance is as it stands. At the end of the day the balance will unfortunately NEVER be perfect, because everyone has a different idea of what perfect actually is & you can't please everyone.

The devs should have done to those people what they commonly do with the forum community. Ignore them.

Jason f'n Voorhees shouldn't be easy to escape from. :unsure:

21 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Go into shift and skirt yourself to the back of the car. It will stop automatically. 

Just a heads up the community has caught on to this and experienced/skilled counselors time it to stop & go forward just before Jason gets to the rear.  

Just now, Ker Juice said:

Just a heads up the community has caught on to this and experienced/skilled counselors time it to stop & go forward just before Jason gets to the rear.  

This creates a mindgame where you make like you're going behind it but then turn around and get in front and ram it.

"Mwhahahahah" the devs (especially the ghost that is Wes) were all about this game being hard and providing a true horror experience...

At first....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

This creates a mindgame where you make like you're going behind it but then turn around and get in front and ram it.

Yea it does- I know what you mean.  

If they are going to have all these knives and make it harder to grab people they should make it so once you are grabbed you can't escape if you don't have a knife. One cool thing about the game when you play as Jason is the environment kill. You really have never been able to fully enjoy them because you are always trying to do a grab kill asap in case they get away since it can be time consuming to catch them when you have others to catch before they escape or reach the time limit. If you could grab someone and know you have time to look around for cool kills, it would make it far more enjoyable imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

"Mwhahahahah" the devs (especially the ghost that is Wes) were all about this game being hard and providing a true horror experience...

At first....

Hahaha yep I remember the "it will be extremely difficult to kill Jason" blurb they spewed out for months before streamers killed Jason pre-release. Any intent on the developers/publishers to make Jason a tough adversary seems to be long gone. That train of thought ending up coming into platforms 2, 3,  and 4 sideways with an almighty crash when the October patch hit. The recent counselor boosts of this week are akin to firefighters responding to that crash by dousing the wreckage with petroleum instead of water.

It's showed them to be either wildly out of touch with their player base or painstakingly slow to gauge and respond with the required modifications needed.   

• Like 1