DarkRicochet117

Do you get less XP when playing offline?

I am having a blast playing offline bots. I know the A.I. needs work but it’s better than what online has to offer atm. I only have one question: do you get more or less XP when playing offline? Is it worth grinding with offline bots to level up? 

I get around 1000 exp per match, which is far less than you'd get as Jason in multiplayer but more than you'd get as a counselor unless you escape and spectate to the end, and even then you wouldn't get much more. So it's a pretty efficient means of getting exp and CP.

• Confused 1

@DarkRicochet117

1000+ xp for 7 bots on any difficulty setting.

Compare that to playing as a counselor every game and only getting 500 xp if you die.

In quick play you have a high chance the host will rage after they die. No xp at all for everyone.

It is an easy way to get xp. No spectate mode for 15 to 20 minutes watching others play. ? 

• Like 1

I think the XP output is perfect. Not too much not too little. Iv gone up two ranks since iv started playing the bots. It’s a fun mode for when ya just wanna blow off some steam and murder some dopey counselors. 

• Like 1

You get less XP if you have an identical performance in QP. 

For one, theres no "No Survivors" bonus is offline. If you want to maximize your xp gains, use environmental and seek and destroy kills. They net 50 vs the 20 for normal kills

• Like 1

How long does it take to level up each time with bots? I'm 150 on Xbox but on PlayStation I'm only 56 and would like to grind a bit with bots. Also which Jason would be best to use to grind the fastest with? 

1 minute ago, Brogan322 said:

How long does it take to level up each time with bots? I'm 150 on Xbox but on PlayStation I'm only 56 and would like to grind a bit with bots. Also which Jason would be best to use to grind the fastest with? 

I usually went with part 2 for mobility.

I've also seen someone say that you can farm faster with only 3-4 counselors rather than a full lobby, but I can't confirm that.

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

I usually went with part 2 for mobility.

I've also seen someone say that you can farm faster with only 3-4 counselors rather than a full lobby, but I can't confirm that.

I'll test that theory to see how fast it goes. 

Too bad level doesn't carry over on different systems, I know some games do. 

There is a lack of "No Survivors" bonus in Single player.

That said, if you break one generator, trap one counselor in a trap, then kill everyone on environment kills, it gets you around 1200.

For this I suggest Part 4 (destruction, run, moderate grip strength), or part 3 (run, enhanced grip strength, shift)

My tips with grinding in single player:

Use part 4

Go to Packanack small

Morph imediaty in front of the main lodge.

There is usually a counselor right by the front steps. Grab and environment kill them on the side of the building.

Go inside and there is usually 1 if not 2 more counselors in the main lodge. They will usually be either coming out of the kitchen or the door near the radio.

With this process you can kill 1-3 in the first minute. 

Then, don't trap the objectives. Kill all the boxes. You're better off not having Tommy get called. 7/7 is better than 8/8 because so often you can sense Tommy until rage.

Again environmental kills and hiding kills give you a 50 point bonus if I'm not mistaken so never slash kill (unless Tommy if he's giving you an issue).

Happy hunting.

31 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Use part 4

Go to Packanack small

There is usually a counselor right by the front steps. Grab and environment kill them on the side of the building.

Go inside and there is usually 1 if not 2 more counselors in the main lodge. They will usually be either coming out of the kitchen or the door near the radio.

Then, don't trap the objectives. Kill all the boxes. You're better off not having Tommy get called. 7/7 is better than 8/8 because so often you can sense Tommy until rage.

Again environmental kills and hiding kills give you a 50 point bonus if I'm not mistaken so never slash kill (unless Tommy if he's giving you an issue).

Happy hunting.

This almost the exact same steps I take when trying to level up in offline bots except I prefer get 8/8 for the extra 200 points.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Use part 4

Go to Packanack small

Happy hunting.

Glad, I'm not the only one that has trouble at times finding bot Tommy. Its usually when the AI flakes out and Ill find him out in the middle of no where crouched down not moving. Have to give him a good wack to get the AI working again and start the final chase..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Glad, I'm not the only one that has trouble at times finding bot Tommy

Doesn't help that 90% of the time he hides under a bed...

He's always a bitch to find in offline mode...

• Like 1

I believe max XP in Offline Mode is 1300. You have to kill everyone (more points for environmental kills), including Tommy, destroy a power generator, and "trap" someone in a bear trap.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Doesn't help that 90% of the time he hides under a bed...

He's always a bitch to find in offline mode...

HAHA, yeah most of the kills end up seek and destroy. They jump in a closet or slide under a bed when I am standing right in front of them.. ?

1300 is the max xp. But as long as you can find Tommy you can easily clear them out in under 5 minutes. @Brogan322 easiest way to farm is using Packanack small using part 3 or 4. Morph to the lodge first that'll usually net you 3 kills in a minute. Be sure to use environmental or seek and destroy kills as they grant the most xp. Using this formula I can kill 7-7 before stalk is up.

In the time it takes to play one match in quick play (10-20 minutes, not counting the time it takes to find a lobby and get in to a match), I can run 2-3 matches with bots (5-7 minutes each).

XP easily surpasses QP in this regard.
Also, there's 100% less trolling from the bots.

(Unless you count the crappy bot AI).

9 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

In the time it takes to play one match in quick play (10-20 minutes, not counting the time it takes to find a lobby and get in to a match), I can run 2-3 matches with bots (5-7 minutes each).

XP easily surpasses QP in this regard.
Also, there's 100% less trolling from the bots.

(Unless you count the crappy bot AI).

I literally was just going to say this.

It's the combination of XP and time it takes that make grinding in offline much more fruitful if your just trying to level up or farm CP.

Double XP weekends also boost the XP offline. 

IMO, knock out the power generators first and trap them to avoid Tommy showing up just because he can be a big time waster. If you knock out the coordinating generator before he's called and trap you're almost guaranteed trapping a counselor because they will attempt to repair it.

4 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

IMO, knock out the power generators first and trap them to avoid Tommy showing up just because he can be a big time waster. If you knock out the coordinating generator before he's called and trap you're almost guaranteed trapping a counselor because they will attempt to repair it.

Exactly. I rarely have to deal with that SOB in offline. 

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

crouched down not moving.

I've never seen them crouch. 

4 hours ago, malloymk said:

You're better off not having Tommy get called. 7/7 is better than 8/8 because so often you can sense Tommy until rage.

It might not be worth giving up the 100 points cause Tommy is about as easy to find as any last counselor.

He only has one spot on Crystal (Hodder's End: top right of the map at the campsite) where he gets completely spawn-stuck. I've sometimes found him back behind the Packanack lodge near the shack location but he'll at least start running if you engage him. Those are the only 2 "out of the way" spots I know for Tommy. Otherwise he can be at any cabin, either stuck or trying to fix something, the same as the others.

Unless I'm fucking around or trying something, I very rarely get into Rage and I always find Tommy. I think it might be that I save breaking the power boxes until the end. While making those rounds I always find who's ever left.

The bots are interesting. They are fairly dumb and predictable but they can be surprising. Sometimes they act very much like human players. Sometimes they'll change their behavior for a minute; last week or so, every match, they would never call Tommy. With just a few tweaks, I can definitely see them being more of a viable experience for everyone 

10 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I've never seen them crouch. 

It might not be worth giving up the 100 points cause Tommy is about as easy to find as any last counselor.

He only has one spot on Crystal (Hodder's End: top right of the map at the campsite) where he gets completely spawn-stuck. I've sometimes found him back behind the Packanack lodge near the shack location but he'll at least start running if you engage him. Those are the only 2 "out of the way" spots I know for Tommy. Otherwise he can be at any cabin, either stuck or trying to fix something, the same as the others.

Unless I'm fucking around or trying something, I very rarely get into Rage and I always find Tommy. I think it might be that I save breaking the power boxes until the end. While making those rounds I always find who's ever left.

The bots are interesting. They are fairly dumb and predictable but they can be surprising. Sometimes they act very much like human players. Sometimes they'll change their behavior for a minute; last week or so, every match, they would never call Tommy. With just a few tweaks, I can definitely see them being more of a viable experience for everyone 

Yeah. It depends on where he spawns. But if you can't find him amd have to wait on rage, that could be another 8 minutes or so. 

I'll still take my 7/7.

5 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

At 1000 xp per match, it takes about 10 matches. Each level is right around 10,000xp 

On 12/20/2017 at 2:50 PM, DarkRicochet117 said:

I am having a blast playing offline bots. I know the A.I. needs work but it’s better than what online has to offer atm. I only have one question: do you get more or less XP when playing offline? Is it worth grinding with offline bots to level up? 

You don't get the completed match 500 xp and the No Survivors 250 xp credit. 

Most I've gotten was around 1300 xp using all environmentals, turning out the lights, and getting one in a trap. 

I've noticed that I feel a bit more like the shark from "Jaws" in offline mode.  Since Jason V. is evidently related to Aquaman, I skim the shorelines waiting to spot a white ring in the distance, then it's time to surface and hunt.  Think of the A.I. this way; the counselors in the films aren't exactly rocket scientists.  I really wish the counselors would act out little personal scenarios like "fooling around" in a tent or on a cabin cot.  Imagine Jason interrupting an impromptu shower in one of the cabins?  I think the developers left some campy brilliance on the cutting room floor.  No pun intended . . .