Kalist

Counselor combat has been nerfed

Lol.  People complaining About a counselor nerf.   Oh well.  Just whiff your attack and use one of the 90 knives left at the camps. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

If you want combat go play for honor.

God i love that stupid mess of a game.

>>Plays a game that features combat(F13).

>>Does not want combat to be better.

>>Logic.

If you don't want combat in this sort of game, go play hide and seek.

If you nerf combat to the point that it is useless, that is what this game would be. Hide and seek. Yep keep nerfing combat so it's not viable, all so Jason(i.e. you, the player with a fragile ego that can't stand to lose or be outplayed in any capacity) can stroke himself and be assured that he's got mad skillz bro.

I know, let's just remove combat altogether. If Jason sees you, you die instantly. That's a good indicator of skill, yep.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

>>Plays a game that features combat(F13).

>>Does not want combat to be better.

>>Logic.

If you don't want combat in this sort of game, go play hide and seek.

If you nerf combat to the point that it is useless, that is what this game would be. Hide and seek. Yep keep nerfing combat so it's not viable, all so Jason(i.e. you, the player with a fragile ego that can't stand to lose or be outplayed in any capacity) can stroke himself and be assured that he's got mad skillz bro.

I know, let's just remove combat altogether. If Jason sees you, you die instantly. That's a good indicator of skill, yep.

Is this actually better?   The physics of watching Deb lob an axe over her head and swing and then have the strength to stop this on its way down and turn it into a parry isn’t very realistic.   The momentum would see it through to completion.   

Just now, NScarlato said:

Is this actually better?   The physics of watching Deb lob an axe over her head and swing and then have the strength to stop this on its way down and turn it into a parry isn’t very realistic.   The momentum would see it through to completion.   

Then make it so you can't cancel after 75% animation completion. Shouldn't be removed entirely because it's a basic combat technique in real life.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Then make it so you can't cancel after 75% animation completion. Shouldn't be removed entirely because it's a basic combat technique in real life.

No it isn’t. Not with heavier objects if at all.  It would be an advanced tactic. 

17 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

I cldnt give a shit less how combat goes in this game so idk why your singling me out here.

This game is not based around a melee showdown with jason, an the fact that you can go toe to toe with him an beat him the entire game without dieing shows how undeveloped the system is.

Its like you all think theres a seperate game within this game that centers around combat where the reality is that you shld be like pirates. Fighting to run away. Not knocking jason on his ass then standing there so you can do it until your weapon breaks.

Also, you clearly have no idea what my stance on this topic is, so assuming i dont want combat/want it less or better is very presumptuous of you, maybe you shld check your own ego mate.

Its not all about you.

The thing is you said if we want combat then play for honor. That means you're ok with the combat changes, which make combat worse. Tell me, why should the devs make any aspect of the game worse over time? Shouldn't the game get better over time?

Edit: I actually just skimmed over the thread before posting so forgive me if my post towards you is misinformed.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The thing is you said if we want combat then play for honor. That means you're ok with the combat changes, which make combat worse. Tell me, why should the devs make any aspect of the game worse over time? Shouldn't the game get better over time?

Not all of us agree that these changes make combat worse.  

2 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Not all of us agree that these changes make combat worse.  

If you think it makes combat better you are mentally disabled and need to see a doctor.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Boostio said:

If you think it makes combat better you are mentally disabled and need to see a doctor.

I’m actually mentally gifted but thanks for the suggestion.  I don’t find the mechanics to be realistic, necessary or fun.  

Also this is laughable coming from someone who in this thread deemed fighting “barely viable now.” 

Fighting is more popular than ever.  Counselors are fully perked with double med sprays, picking up knives to feel confident enough to fight all over camp, and gangbanging / killing Jason more than ever. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

10 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

No it isn’t. Not with heavier objects if at all.  It would be an advanced tactic. 

Good argument, Deb is a prime example. 75% thru an axe swing she would double over. When faking an overhead attack in reality you really shouldn't go past your shoulders, tuck your elbows in and down to recover. Otherwise, you'll be off balance and your opponent will crush you. The only one in this game who might have the strength and body mass to recover from a 75% swing is Jason, and even him doing it is ridiculous. Maybe a 20% swing, then cancel would work. I think it's about 5% now, maybe less. Jason was able to do a fake strike too, I used to be able to bait counselors with it. So it worked both ways. I want it back, it belongs in the game. Just not the way it was, that was unrealistic being able to cancel a swing past your belt. Some of the best guys and girls I ever practiced with were awesome at selling a fake strike, then making you pay for buying it. It IS a real combat move. While yes, it is advanced. Anyone in real life can do it, but the advanced make you buy the feint and punish you accordingly.

• Thanks 1

So let me understand, people complain because an exploit has been, finally, fixed and you cannot be untouchable anymore ?

If people abused Jason's element of surprise more often this wouldn't have been a needed patch, even with the sliding. 

The cancelling only worked if you cancelled before the swing was "active", otherwise you would "commit" to the attack and would be open for a free grab, deservingly.

I can deal with the sliding being patched out (it is flat out cheating) but it shouldn't be at the cost of a big part of the combat system. A good Jason will never be fooled by me turning around and just entering combat stance, the attack needs to be sold and that can't be done anymore without a consequence .

14 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Id argue that maybe Bugzy cld stop it, but at the cost of a decent pool of stam. But thats based off his 10 strength alone. Regardless the recovery time to pull that axe back up to block AND THEN swing back immediately after...i mean come on, they arent spartans, their kids that maybe half have bin in a fist fight before.

Also, i was under the impression jason cld do the feint as well. Hearing he cannot is quite the ponder.

True, maybe bugz could or Tommy. But that's it, the momentum behind trying to stop an overhead axe swing at 75% would tip over any other counselors for sure. And yeah, Jason can't fake a swing at all now on ps4. It's just something else we'll have to adapt to. If they would have made the change to where you could only cancel with block before the weapon went past your shoulders it would have been perfect, but nope. Some git gudders figured out the electric slide, and we lost a valuable tactic for combat.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Boostio said:

Let's play: Spot the immersed AJ

now you are here also. Trolling again as we can see. Well, unless steam, the mods here actually do something, won´t have to deal with you long here.

@ontopic it´s stupid to have a combat system with depth aka dark souls in a horrorgame. combat should be a last chance option. counselors shouldn´t run around looking for a chance to stun jason.

If conselor combat gets nerfed into oblivion this game will resemble Dead by Daylight. A cool difference from DbD, is that you can actually fight back as an option in this game. The game tips even says that waiting out the 20 minutes instead of escaping is a viable approach. Some hide, some fight. 

On a sidenote, For Honor might seem to have an advanced combat system on the surface, but it's boring combat in reality because of the rock, scissor, paper system it has developed into. This is more about timing and spacing, which as others also note, is more Dark Souls-like, which is what I like so much about it.

What game is everyone playing where the counselors aren't constantly whaling on Jason with weapons because the melee is so broken and nerfed?  I can't say I've been in many of those lobbies.  Maskless Jason covered in bruises and crying his eyes out has become a pretty common sight from what I've seen lately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strangefate said:

What game is everyone playing where the counselors aren't constantly whaling on Jason with weapons because the melee is so broken and nerfed?  I can't say I've been in many of those lobbies.  Maskless Jason covered in bruises and crying his eyes out has become a pretty common sight from what I've seen lately.

Blame the recent addition of pocket knifes and sprays at campfires. Before this patch the vast majority still prefered stealth. It's got nothing to do with the combat system.

I played For Honor since release, but stopped a long time ago because the devs destroyed the defensive playstyle, but that's a completely different topic. For Honor is a completely different scenario, where the characters are supposed to be balanced (they actually aren't though), and with the crazy unblockables they added it just made it that much more of a guessing game of rock, paper, scissors. Combos is also not a part of this, which I dig. Exclusively spacing and timing keeps the combat simple to some degree, which is a positive too. 

For Honor turned into the Culling. You ever played The Culling? Horrible rock, paper, scissors combat.