Kalist

Counselor combat has been nerfed

On 12/20/2017 at 1:05 PM, Kalist said:

It's certainly a controversial topic. Some would categorize it as an exploit, others would say it's an advanced combat technique. Either way, I guess it was gonna come sooner or later, it allowed me to 1v1 Jason an entire match where the only counter to it was to remap your controller keys so that you can block it in time (even then I could still bypass recovery frames and move out of the way for when he exits block and tries to grab/swing). A glitch? Maybe... OP once you mastered it? Hell yeah, it made you untouchable

Yep...this guy definitely watches ol' Pappus.

Trash.

• Haha 1

I am just catching up on the forums so I feel I have missed a bit here. Let me get this straight though: you created a thread to discuss or complain that an illegitimate tactic was removed, yet Jason's grab range before was an issue. I get I am on the lower percentile of people that had little issue with his previous grab range, and that's fine, no need to defend my reasons here. 

What I am struggling with here is why a person wants a glitch combat maneuver for counselors kept and keep the killer weak. You basically want to troll Jason the entire time? How is that fun in the long run? Maybe a game or two, but to play a slasher game and never feel terror? Boring. This is why counselors should be at a disadvantage without at least one partner. We all play as counselor way more than often, but doesn't mean things should be made so easy for counselors. 

Feinting is a not a glitch combat maneuver. It's a real maneuver in the real world, what is so hard to comprehend about this?

5 hours ago, Kalist said:

Feinting is a not a glitch combat maneuver. It's a real maneuver in the real world, what is so hard to comprehend about this?

Show me an example of someone teleporting five to ten feet because they feinted. Go ahead I will wait you exploit using piece of trash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kalist 

Come on show me! Oh that's right you can't...please uninstall you glitch using piece of human garbage.

7 hours ago, Kalist said:

Feinting is in fact a real thing. Regardless of context, the movements used to mislead the opponent are as limited as possible while still objectively telegraphing intent; otherwise the "feint" is apt to turn into a genuine opportunity for your opponent to bend you over and spank you. Ironically, it's often *harder* to feint against an inexperienced opponent: they simply don't recognize the kind of subtle movement that would suggest something alarming to a more seasoned combatant. "Professionals are predicable, it's the damn amateurs who are dangerous," as the saying goes. 

Some teenage civvie running on pure adrenaline and existential terror "canceling a swing" of a full size axe? Nope, not a real thing.

5 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Some teenage civvie running on pure adrenaline and existential terror "canceling a swing" of a full size axe? Nope, not a real thing.

This is why they only should allow it for certain strong characters, or characters with high composure. But we're giving feinting too much credit, as quoted from another thread:

"Swing cancelling is a form of whiff bait but it is not the only one"

I've experimented and found an alternative solution to whiff bait instead of relying on swing cancelling/feinting. 

8 hours ago, Vortex said:

Show me an example of someone teleporting five to ten feet because they feinted. Go ahead I will wait you exploit using piece of trash.

Once again, teleporting as a result of feinting is NOT feinting. It's sliding. Sliding is an exploit, because feinting had some issues that allowed it. Pappus feints plenty of times where he doesn't actually slide because of it.

On 12/20/2017 at 9:42 PM, Tommy86 said:

Difficult to do without getting glitched, at least for me. I didn't do it in real matches but did test it out to understand how it works. I do know a member on here who should be able to confirm.

@Aaron what's the word on it? 

it's easy as shit with some practice

but its completely patched out... it's not really needed tho.. I'm a god at combat

Someone on pappus discord said there is a way to do it but I havent found out yet

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

it's easy as shit with some practice

but its completely patched out... it's not really needed tho.. I'm a god at combat

Someone on pappus discord said there is a way to do it but I havent found out yet

I read this too, on reddit. Apparently it's still possible, but it isn't said how. 

I've removed the link and I'll remind you all again: 'Sliding' is cheating. I won't allow any links to external locations where you can find information on how to exploit the game and I won't allow those methods to be shared here either. If you want to cheat and exploit then break your game by yourself in offline play or private matches.

I've said this before almost too many times and there's been dozens of threads locked in the past for the same reasons. Promoting and sharing cheats on the official forums is silly and you're just asking for trouble.

• Thanks 1

@Kodiak I didn't post that to tell anyone how to slide, I disapprove of the tactic myself. It didn't share any information on how to do it whatsoever other than confirm the continued existence of it in the game. People can have whatever opinions on Pappus they like, but he doesn't lie about this stuff. According to him, he was even working with the devs to help them remove it.

Anyway it doesn't bother me you removed the link, just trying to clarify why I posted it.