Kalist

Counselor combat has been nerfed

4 hours ago, Blinckx said:

So let me understand, people complain because an exploit has been, finally, fixed and you cannot be untouchable anymore ?

This. "Salty ass exploiters can't exploit anymore and complain: the thread"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, B0bZomb1e said:

You clearly know not of what you speak of, an we'll leave it at that.

You sound like a hypocrite who has to project his massive ego onto others.

8 hours ago, B0bZomb1e said:

you just cant keep up an your negative experience has clouded your judgement.

8 hours ago, B0bZomb1e said:

people are easily overwhelmed an come to unrealistic explanations for themselves. 

You do realize that these two quotes combined can be said for both sides, right? People can't keep up as Jason and their negative experiences cloud their judgement to cry nerf. These are people who are easily overwhelmed. 

I never complained about this in the first place. I stated that I wanted to address this, since the devs have been trying to bury it under the radar by not including it in the patch notes. 

13 hours ago, Kalist said:

Blame the recent addition of pocket knifes and sprays at campfires. Before this patch the vast majority still prefered stealth. It's got nothing to do with the combat system.

Dude....bull, just......Bull. ever since the Oct patch people have actually been HUNTING Jason, this latest patch just gave them more s**t to hunt him with.

13 hours ago, Fooobar said:

All nerfs of counselors hare welcome right now.

Agreed.

Jason gets the reach of a T-rex and his traps reduced to glorified alarms that are easily tanked and healed from.

Counselor homers: "Oh, such great "balance"

Counselors get ONE bulls**t combat tactic removed.

Counselor homers: OMG GUN WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?!?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO THE COUNSELORS?!?

ugh.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Jason gets the reach of a T-rex.

Oh, you want the grab back where Jason could grab you through objects and across the room? That grab. Oh yeah I remember.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kalist said:

Oh, you want the grab back where Jason could grab you through objects and across the room? That grab. Oh yeah I remember.

Nice assumption making there, guy.

Did I say anything about wanting the original grab range back? No I didn't, as a matter of fact I agree that it needed to be fixed, but they overdid it. Now he couldn't catch a granny on a walker.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Did I say anything about wanting the original grab range back?

You certainly implied it. The grab is at a range where it is actually coherent with his arm's reach. Problem is, just with his swings lately, his grab can sometimes go straight through you without registering. They finally fixed hit detection with this patch too for counselors actually, for the most part. The complete same can just not be said for Jason. 

3 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

the game needs a massive rework to do the things combat wise that you all wish it to have.

The game's combat system is a charm exactly where it is at.

7 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

If we were meant to feint, then theyd have left it in the game,

Feinting is still in the game, it hasn't been removed. It's just more difficult to perform now, but you can still do it.  

Your title is really misleading since this isn’t a nerf. Also it gets people to believe that it’s helping the game’s balance, which it isn’t.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Can you still slide with it?

I personally can't slide with it. However, I've heard rumors on the F13 reddit page about people who apparently have found a new way to glitch into sliding somehow, tho they've admitted it's a lot more difficult, and if you ask me not worth it, because they apparantly have to crouch after sliding to be able to hit again. Basically a lot more steps has been added to be able to slide now, according to them. 

At the end of the day, there will always be players who pursue glitching, no matter the patch. If they can't glitch in one way, they will seek to do it in another, or at least seek to recreate something that is close to a glitch.

Sliding or as its known to those spectating and Jason "Teleporting" is an exploit, and if you had to rely on that to face Jason you deserve to be banned from the game for life, and are a literal piece of GARBAGE for knowingly using it.

Seriously, I wish nothing but pain, and ill-will upon these glitching CHODS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, doitagain said:

Your title is really misleading since this isn’t a nerf. Also it gets people to believe that it’s helping the game’s balance, which it isn’t.

It does affect the balance. It's still a nerf, since they nerfed the window in which you can initiate the feint/attack cancel animation, making it considerably harder to perform. So difficult in fact, that when you intend to use it, most of the time you will accidentally commit fully to the swing because the game won't register your attempt to feint.

B0bZomb1e, I posted this with two things in mind:

1) To address the ninja fix implemented, which may, or may not, have successfully discouraged the entirety of the playerbase to attempt sliding

2) To address that as a consequence of implementing this ninja fix, they've had to nerf feinting, which in and of itself has got nothing to do with sliding and/or bypassing recovery frames (feinting was just the gateway to access these exploits).

17 minutes ago, Kalist said:

It does affect the balance. It's still a nerf, since they nerfed the window in which you can initiate the feint/attack cancel animation, making it considerably harder to perform. So difficult in fact, that when you intend to use it, most of the time you will accidentally commit fully to the swing because the game won't register your attempt to feint.

B0bZomb1e, I posted this with two things in mind:

1) To address the ninja fix implemented, which may, or may not, have successfully discouraged the entirety of the playerbase to attempt sliding

2) To address that as a consequence of implementing this ninja fix, they've had to nerf feinting, which in and of itself has got nothing to do with sliding and/or bypassing recovery frames (feinting was just the gateway to access these exploits).

Sounds like bs exploitation of unintended game mechanics... feinting? Sliding? Lol really. Sounds about as good as counselor’s being able to stun Jason whose several feet away from a solid door -or- counselor’s that crouch when Jason swings because of the poor hit detection. The excuse always is well it’s in the game so I’m gonna use it lol.

Really hope a lot of this junk is sorted out and cleaned up. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Sounds like bs exploitation of unintended game mechanics... feinting? Sliding? Lol really. Sounds about as good as counselor’s being able to stun Jason whose several feet away from a solid door -or- counselor’s that crouch when Jason swings because of the poor hit detection. The excuse always is well it’s in the game so I’m gonna use it lol.

Feinting has always been a grey area. The devs, to my knowledge, have never made an official statement about it. Probably because so few knows about it/utilize it. I've probably only seen 5 people in total using it, ever. Maybe less even.

Can't really compare feinting to sliding, but ok. 

2 minutes ago, Kalist said:

Feinting has always been a grey area. The devs, to my knowledge, have never made an official statement about it. Probably because so few knows about it/utilize it. I've probably only seen 5 people in total using it, ever. Maybe less even.

If you are talking about the sliding teleport glitch, then yes it is.

I spoke with A Team-Member in Private messages here on the forum, after I became vocal about a certain user doing it blatantly and repeatedly. It is an exploit, and if the event is recorded, can and will bring swift action.

The only Downside is Legit players have to prove it, witness's and such mean squat. So In order to be safe from exploiters I have to record, then delete every game I play now because of SCUM that think it's cool to cheat using an unintended glitch.

1 minute ago, Vortex said:

If you are talking about the sliding teleport glitch, then yes it is.

That's sliding yeah. An unwanted glitchy side-effect of feinting (which some abuse to their advantage). It's as obvious an exploit as glitching on top of the roof on Packanack. 

This is really simple...let me lay out your options here:

1. Swing at Jason; 
  2. Don't.

Timing, distance...all that's still very much in your control. But if you swing at Jason, you're fucking swinging at Jason.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

This is really simple...let me lay out your options here:

1. Swing at Jason; 
  2. Don't.

Timing, distance...all that's still very much in your control. But if you swing at Jason, you're fucking swinging at Jason.

I can't deny that there's some truth to the simplicity of that statement. Now that I think about it, if they reimplement feinting to its former glory, there will be no reason for Jason to even bother trying to dodge a counsellor's swing, because they would just feint it in the event that Jason succesfully goes out of range. But they should increase the window for a feint just a bit from where it is at now, because at this point you can barely even feint during the startup frames of a swing. 25% of the first frames of a swing should be feintable. Right now it feels like 10% of the first frames of a swing is feintable (at least with swift attacker equipped)

Actually F it, feinting is not THAT important a mechanic. It's not worth such a huge debate, it's a minor combat technique. The exploits however, are of course of major concern.

If you used the sliding bug you deserve to have all your progress reset, and your account deleted.