blablabla

Bear trap problem after patch

Bear trap are broken now. I don't know how bear trap close the doors, this is glitch / bug or I don't know. 

• Thanks 1

I will explain, now it is impossible to place traps in front of doors as counselors, bear traps are useless now, this needs to be fixed as soon as possible

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trollskau said:

I will explain, now it is impossible to place traps in front of doors as counselors, bear traps are useless now, this needs to be fixed as soon as possible

I did encounter an issue where I couldn't set a trap in front of a door. I tried both inside the cabin and just outside the door. That happened once. The other time, I was able to set it in the door frame, but wanted to move it, so I deactivated it and it just f--king disappeared!

51 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I did encounter an issue where I couldn't set a trap in front of a door. I tried both inside the cabin and just outside the door. That happened once. The other time, I was able to set it in the door frame, but wanted to move it, so I deactivated it and it just f--king disappeared!

You get a trap nerf! You get a trap nerf! Everyone gets a trap nerf!

16 hours ago, Trollskau said:

Bear traps have always been useless as counselor ;)

All they do is hurt the other counselors and sometime delay Jason 3 seconds.

So outside of a cabin, neither Jason nor a counselor can place a trap close to a door?

Or is it that a counselor can't place a trap close to a door while inside the cabin?

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

So outside of a cabin, neither Jason nor a counselor can place a trap close to a door?

Or is it that a counselor can't place a trap close to a door while inside the cabin?

Nobody, Jason or counselor, can place a trap anywhere near a doorway, inside or outside. The gap is so huge that anyone can walk around it, even Jason, so bear traps are useless against Jason and Jason's traps can only be effectively used at windows and objectives. So now you can't put a trap outside of a door and chase a counselor into it, like before. This means Jason can't defend his shack with a trap anymore.

Furthermore, if you're a counselor and you disarm a bear trap so you can move it, your trap will disappear. This seems to be because bear traps and Jason traps are the exact same thing with a different skin, as far as the game code is concerned. Jason's traps now disappear after tripping/disarming them and it extends to counselor bear traps too.

So...

can't defend doorways from Jason

can't defend doorways from counselors

can't move a trap if you don't like its placement.

what the fuck

• Thanks 1

Dunno, I was able to place Jason Traps by doorways after smashing the door. 

Counselor traps, on the other hand, are useless. Placing them by a door to halt Jason in hot pursuit is a common tactic and highly useful in a late game rage jason if you set up a few cabins; those seconds of Jason being in the trap are worth a fortune.

Placing a trap down can't be done via holding the use button. Setting it AND trapping it doesn't work. Setting it after placing it makes it end up in your hand and useless.

Very weird. 

• Thanks 1

I'd guess it's an attempt to stop people from putting a trap in the doorway and closing the door. 

Personally I hate when people trap the outside of the door and especially when they put the trap halfway in and out.

This will definitely fuck things up with counselors still putting traps down and me, as a counselor, stepping in them.

4 hours ago, Fooobar said:

Bear traps have always been useless as counselor ;)

All they do is hurt the other counselors and sometime delay Jason 3 seconds.

No, they were not useless, they worked very well as a simple stun for Jason when he has the rage mode active, he enters and always gets stuned, you have that time to run to the next house or scape, the bear traps worked only for that, to being placed in front of closed doors not on open doors because counselors can be hurted..

What the fuck the devs were thinking? in every update they always fuck up a new thing

3 hours ago, Trollskau said:

No, they were not useless, they worked very well as a simple stun for Jason when he has the rage mode active, he enters and always gets stuned, you have that time to run to the next house or scape, the bear traps worked only for that, to being placed in front of closed doors not on open doors because counselors can be hurted..

What the fuck the devs were thinking? in every update they always fuck up a new thing

This update was a "get the content out the door" update. They are gonna do a bug and balance patch next. They could have done both at the same time, but then this content wouldn't be out until the bug and balance patch is out. So they were doomed by releasing it now ("Arg, gun, you lousy devs!") or doomed by holding it until later ("Arg, gun, you lousy devs!").

Bear traps need to be fixed ASAP. I find, so so often, myself in a lobby full of Russian and Argentinean pre-teens that are hell bent on nothing but speed-looting cabins, leaving all doors open, and trying to kill Jason within 2 minutes of the start of the game. There are times when the most enjoyable thing in MP is setting a bear trap in front of an open window after locking the door and climbing in to the closet. Once that Vanessa that's been shadowing you, without invitation, climbs through and SNAP! You pop out and start doing a dance in front of her. 

It's making someone on another continent shout in to their mic, "You make fuck to you self!" that sometimes is the only thing keeping me playing.

A specific issue is the east utility shack on Packanack. (The one with the balcony)z That door will no longer accept a bear trap in front of it or on the door way once it’s been destroyed. Three games now I’ve noticed there an issue with that specific trap and/or door.

Sorry this is a bit off topic. I didn't want to start a new thread to ask a simple question. 

If I set a bear trap as a counselor, then escape/die, and Jason steps in it while im in the spectate lobby, do i still get the trap stat towards the badge progession?

2 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

Sorry this is a bit off topic. I didn't want to start a new thread to ask a simple question. 

If I set a bear trap as a counselor, then escape/die, and Jason steps in it while im in the spectate lobby, do i still get the trap stat towards the badge progession?

You get credit for trapping him as long as you are still spectating after you die or escape.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You get credit for trapping him as long as you are still spectating after you die or escape.

I thought you didnt get credit towards the Trapper badge though. I thought it had to pop up in red while you were alive. Not talking about experience in game, but badge progress. I could be wrong here though.

Also, am i the only one not struggling with putting traps next to doors aa a counselor? What method are you guys using? There are some mini "invisible" walls that push against you, but once you find the sweet spot and hold the button to set, i havent found any issues anywhere. 

As for the floating traps, were those non set yet? I see a lot of floating weapons, traps and objective items when counselors pick them up then switch to whatevee they had before. You can make items go to the ceiling and become unreachable if you do it excessively as they continue a "stack" effect.

31 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I thought you didnt get credit towards the Trapper badge though. I thought it had to pop up in red while you were alive. Not talking about experience in game, but badge progress. I could be wrong here though.

Also, am i the only one not struggling with putting traps next to doors aa a counselor? What method are you guys using? There are some mini "invisible" walls that push against you, but once you find the sweet spot and hold the button to set, i havent found any issues anywhere. 

As for the floating traps, were those non set yet? I see a lot of floating weapons, traps and objective items when counselors pick them up then switch to whatevee they had before. You can make items go to the ceiling and become unreachable if you do it excessively as they continue a "stack" effect.

Ok I don't know about badges but you at least get in game xp.

For placing traps at doors, you have to make sure the interact prompt with the door does not pop up, then you can place the trap down. I like to approach the door from the side, preferably the left side. Crouch, inch forward, then place at the door.

Alternatively, you could place a trap OUTSIDE a door, then close and lock the door. This means Jason is required to step in it if he wants to chop the door down. There used to be a bug where traps couldn't be placed near doors but it has been fixed, to my knowledge.

And I've seen trolls deliberately make key items unreachable by stacking them high like that.

26 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ok I don't know about badges but you at least get in game xp.

For placing traps at doors, you have to make sure the interact prompt with the door does not pop up, then you can place the trap down. I like to approach the door from the side, preferably the left side. Crouch, inch forward, then place at the door.

Alternatively, you could place a trap OUTSIDE a door, then close and lock the door. This means Jason is required to step in it if he wants to chop the door down. There used to be a bug where traps couldn't be placed near doors but it has been fixed, to my knowledge.

And I've seen trolls deliberately make key items unreachable by stacking them high like that.

The troll stack is the worst. 

As for trapping Jason and badge progress, i am almost positive you have to be alive still. I finished that one not too long ago and that was something i noticed. Now that its completed though i cant give it a definite test to ensure accuracy in my assessments.

I did notice the laying the trap down and unlocking the door bug before, but either it doesnt seem as bad or I got used to it and how to avoid it. You are right with the approach.