XRizerX

Can we get badge progress for offline bots?

I just played 3 games as Jason offline bot mode because I figured some of the badges were ridiculous to earn online, like killing counselors in a hiding spot, or trapping them or hitting them with a throwing knife. However, there's zero badge progression for Jason.

I thought the entire point of this mode was for Jason mains to enjoy playing Jason whenever they feel like it... shouldn't there be some sort of bonus aside from the cheese XP farm this mode is?

Online players aren't this dumb at this stage in the game... I mean some are, but no body hides under beds or in closets any more so those badges are impossible to attain online.

Just wondering if this was intentional. If it is, you guys should reconsider that thought and allow players to earn badge progress offline as Jason. Counselor badges are very easily attained online because 95% of the time you play as a counselor. Also the requirements for earning counselor badges aren't too high aside from the "Kill Jason" one.

The point I'm trying to make is, you can basically fart in Jason's face and run around in circles and earn badges as a counselor where as Jason has to skillfully set up each attack with near pinpoint accuracy to get credit for a lot of his badges... they're just way to situational... like stopping the car or the boat or kill a counselor in a hiding spot.

• Like 1

Eh. We've got dumbasses who still hide under beds and closets. Quickplay is a bastion for bad ideas.

The only two Jason badges I need are for slashing and torpedoing the boat. With that said, I have zero problem if the dev's make it so bots give badges, but if they don't do so, work at it. You'll eventually get em. 

early on in the game, plenty of people hide in cabinets, under the bed or in tents, especially if they have perks on.. now later on in the match.. its pointless I'll agree.

If you go offline for offline bots, you lose all your data. I asked Shifty, he said he will confirm today but I am frustrated so far that if i cancel online for my PS4 none of my data saves, I start back to level 0...

I wouldn't say it's a non common occurrence. Hiding is a very viable tool if used correctly. The problem is most people used it incorrectly. You can't jump in a cabin while Jason is chasing you and think you are going to hide under a bed and he will forget you are there. If there is a lot of beds maybe go under one to buy some time for Stam Regen and as soon as you hear his start searching get the hell out of there. But hell sometimes they guess right and there you go a kill for hiding. Also if Jason is unaware you are there with a group in the area it's still a good idea to use hiding spots. People use them more than you probably realize. Seasoned Jason's are a little more hip to this so you must be cautious but it is still something that has its uses.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

I wouldn't say it's a non common occurrence. Hiding is a very viable tool if used correctly. The problem is most people used it incorrectly. You can't jump in a cabin while Jason is chasing you and think you are going to hide under a bed and he will forget you are there. If there is a lot of beds maybe go under one to buy some time for Stam Regen and as soon as you hear his start searching get the hell out of there. But hell sometimes they guess right and there you go a kill for hiding. Also if Jason is unaware you are there with a group in the area it's still a good idea to use hiding spots. People use them more than you probably realize. Seasoned Jason's are a little more hip to this so you must be cautious but it is still something that has its uses.

I'd like to say that the main topic here is that the offline mode won't count towards badges or accumulative achievements. It will show you earned the first level of a badge, but that's it and it's not permanent. You get the Exp and Cp of a match, but you can only get 4 achievements; Kill a counselor, Kill a counselor with the fireplace, Kill a counselor with the machete dismemberment kill, and Kill a counselor in a tent, but that last one doesn't want to work due to the counselor bots not hiding in the tents or any outdoors area unless all of the interior hiding places are destroyed.

I'd LOVE to get PHD in murder or even chip away at that 1k matches as Jason, or even "play a round as each Jason", but as it stands, none of those can be obtained at he moment.

That said, I am thankful for the bot mode as my PS4 copy is finally getting some playtime.

I got the slasher badge today playing offline on xbox.

Edit: It said I unlocked it but still on 112/113.

On 12/20/2017 at 7:23 AM, TiffanyCox said:

If you go offline for offline bots, you lose all your data. I asked Shifty, he said he will confirm today but I am frustrated so far that if i cancel online for my PS4 none of my data saves, I start back to level 0...

did shifty ever get back with you on this?

On 2017-12-20 at 2:29 PM, JPops said:

Does this mean badge progress counts towards offline-bots or not? 

I do get achievements, but its like he said with badges... It rarely counts.

But i´ve noticed the same lack of progress with badges in online-matches.

Seems to be the case for the last month at least.

I noticed the same thing.I was able to get trophies offline(Got the fireplace kill trophy offline today),but did 2 underwater kills against bots offline and didn't get more points towards the Terror of the Deep Badge.It would be nice if we could get badges offline.Thanks for your time.

I agree. Both badge progress and matches as Jason should count toward the badges and trophies for playing as Jason. The problem with trying to get these matches and badges legit is that it's rare that you get to play as Jason. Plus if you kill all 8 people with grab kills then you'll only get credit for 1 towards the badge.

I love how the admin tried to make the entire topic about how easy it is to obtain hiding spot kills... that was just one example. The point of the topic being, you never get to play Jason, or seldom do and all the counselors developed a meta for just repairing the objectives, stocking up pocket knives and getting out. Counselors are almost never in these specific badge situations to meet the conditions to obtain them. Also I never get a boat spawn any more... the last few days I've played over 40 matches online, not a single boat spawned, only two cars.

Sweater glitches as well...

Can we get offline badge progression for Jason please?

i agree.I only play offline,as i don't really like player vs player matches,due to my learning disability.Since we have an offline Jason mode,it would be nice if we could earn his badges offline,for those of us who choose to play offline.We shouldn't be 'forced' to play online to get those,unless you're going to change the wording of the badges to say that you have to play online to get them.