1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

We already have enough of the fandom that jump down these guys throats/get very personal/trollish every time these guys show up, even the community managers (messengers of doom).

Meh, there are positives and negatives of being one of the most available links between people who make games and the ones who play them. Taking the brunt of the anger/disappointment is all part of the job, and it's offset by also being the person who gets to tell everyone about all of the new stuff. You can't really work in community without developing an understanding that the people who are yelling at you to die in a fire or drown is urine wouldn't be saying that stuff if they didn't care about the game.

About Part 7 Jason being "weak" - we've seen the feedback (and not just specifically for Pt 7 Jason) and we're having discussions about it. Right now, though, there isn't anything to share about it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Half a year from release and they're still putting the word weak in quotation marks when talking about Part 7. Come on man, we knew Part 7 was worthless a full year ago back in the beta. He was so awful that people assumed the other slow walking Jasons would be awful too. Fortunately that wasn't the case.

• Like 1

@ShiftySamurai

Glad to hear there's at least some discussion about the multiple issues with the Jasons.

@tyrant666

Good points.

Considering he dislikes the game as much as he does, having him digging through the files and spoiling stuff is fairly douchey. Obviously doing so for views. I'm always content to hear people gripe about the game but if their motivation isn't to improve it then it's just stirring shit for the sake of it.

Also considering he's trying to make a game of his own, tearing down another game and spoiling it's surprises shows immaturity and could be seen as an attempt to shit on a product while selling the virtues of his own.

I think I've changed my mind on how I feel about what he's doing. His purpose appears to solely be to shit on the game, without offering any possible solutions for issues.

• Like 1

Ok so let me get this straight. I purchased this last night and it shows that it has been installed but I don't see these kills. I see a couple that say not unlocked until level 125 so have they been removed ? And do we get a refund from PSN for the 2.99 we spent for these. If I paid for them I shouldn't have to wait until Level 125 to use them for god sake I haven't even unlocked J4 yet !  I'm confused !

2 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Ok so let me get this straight. I purchased this last night and it shows that it has been installed but I don't see these kills. I see a couple that say not unlocked until level 125 so have they been removed ? And do we get a refund from PSN for the 2.99 we spent for these. If I paid for them I shouldn't have to wait until Level 125 to use them for god sake I haven't even unlocked J4 yet !  I'm confused !

The two kills that require level 118 and 125 are free and not part of the DLC. If you bought the kill pack then it should be available under the weapon kill category for that particular Jason.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

The two kills that require level 118 and 125 are free and not part of the DLC. If you bought the kill pack then it should be available under the weapon kill category for that particular Jason.

Hmm. I don't get it I will check when I get home later but I didn't see them after it says they were installed.  I must be blind !  Thanks

13 minutes ago, TWarner said:

I had the same problem after purchasing them I didn't see them on Part 7's menu but restarting my console fixed the issue for me. See if that works, probably they'll be there now since you turned off your system. 

2 hours ago, Miss AJ said:

I had the same problem after purchasing them I didn't see them on Part 7's menu but restarting my console fixed the issue for me. See if that works, probably they'll be there now since you turned off your system. 

Thanks I'll check it out later.

9 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Half a year from release and they're still putting the word weak in quotation marks when talking about Part 7. Come on man, we knew Part 7 was worthless a full year ago back in the beta. He was so awful that people assumed the other slow walking Jasons would be awful too. Fortunately that wasn't the case.

The reason I used “weak” in quotation marks is because Pt 7 Jason himself isn’t weak - when he hits things, it hurts - it’s that there are numerous reported issues that make him less viable to the community. 

I am not trying to downplay your thoughts on this version of Jason. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The reason I used “weak” in quotation marks is because Pt 7 Jason himself isn’t weak

Thank you!

Through sheer will and determination I do relatively well with 7. I do better with him than 2 & 4. But it takes a lot of work and focus.

"Difficult to use" is a better description than "weak".

If 8 wasn't so good, 7 would be my favorite Jason to use, even as he is now.

But...he does need help. Replace +Sense and +Grip with +Morph and +Destruction and it's a wrap. Best Jason ever.

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The reason I used “weak” in quotation marks is because Pt 7 Jason himself isn’t weak - when he hits things, it hurts - it’s that there are numerous reported issues that make him less viable to the community. 

I am not trying to downplay your thoughts on this version of Jason. 

Yeah, the problem is that it's harder for him to hit people in the first place than it is for any other Jason. And he doesn't really get anything in return for it, unlike say Part 2 who is the master of map control.

Through sheer will and determination I do relatively well with 7. I do better with him than 2 & 4.

That doesn't really make any sense. Part 7 has all the weaknesses of 2 and 4 and then some but with none of the benefits. Part 4 is basically Part 7 if he could run, did more damage and broke doors down twice as fast.

The problem with Pt 7 Jason, as a few have so perfectly stated, is his weakness are absolute killers while his strengths offer no real in game bonuses. Sense is a powerful tool without any “buff”. All Jason’s can use sense effectively making Pt 7s plus Sense a useless strength. Water speed is an extremely limited perk as the majority of games don’t see Jason in the water. Counselors know to stay out of it and the boat isn’t a guaranteed spawn. Grip Strength is the most useless of the bunch as all Jason’s have more than enough time to kill a grabbed counselor before they wiggle free. Now as for his weaknesses, he already can’t run and has THE shortest weapon range, now add on to that the limited shift(both in speed and recharge rate). His mobility is EXTREMELY handicapped. Then take away 2 of his traps. A Jason that is already poor at managing objectives due to his mobility issues now can’t even properly secure multiple objectives. I get that every Jason needs pros and cons, but Pt 7 is the ONLY Jason with a list of cons and absolutely no true pros. Sense, Water Speed or Grip strength will rarely, if ever, decide a win or loss for Jason, but the lack of traps and mobility absolutely will. 

As for his new kill pack. It’s awesome. The throat slash has become my new fav kill in the game. Just wish Pt 7 didn’t have a wall of negatives to go with his abysmal “strengths”. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

That doesn't really make any sense. Part 7 has all the weaknesses of 2 and 4 and then some but with none of the benefits. Part 4 is basically Part 7 if he could run, did more damage and broke doors down twice as fast.

I don't know either. I probably overestimate 2 & 4 going in. They are the only Jason's I've gotten 2/8 with in the last few months. The worst I can remember doing with J7 is 4/8.

My mood is my biggest strength and weakness as Jason. When they give me J7, I feel ready, never discouraged. I make the least mistakes with him and take beatings like a man, unlike when I cry like a bitch with the rest of them (Except 8. There no need for tears with J8)

Why does the majority hate playing as Part 7? My only complaint is it takes 6 hits to knock down a locked door. He is awesome on the Jarvis map when using the water to travel quickly across large areas and his kills are really good. I just don't understand all the hate he gets, besides the door breaking. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

Why does the majority hate playing as Part 7? My only complaint is it takes 6 hits to knock down a locked door.

When Jason was bugged and could break doors in 3 or less hits, J7 was my main. 6 hits to break a door is a big momentum killer for me.

The one time I played Jason tonight, I was part 7. I never got the "Pamela decapitation" off, but, I did get the gut split. At the end of the match, I got 5/7. (I have no idea why they never called Tommy). It was fun. Hoping to get that tasty beheading kill in action soon.

Edit: I'm looking forward to executing (pun intended) throat slash/head punch kill too.

Edited by Rexfellis
Forgot the 3rd one