PowellCampsNAKED

Play testing from Campfacer on new patch!

Very frustrating not gonna lie ... I was jason and instead of making jason great again like he's supposed to be I did horrible  only because you put more pocket knives in the game triple the amount of shotguns and axes and doesn't matter that you spawn the fuse away from the box cops we're called in 3 minutes I had about 9 f..king pocket knives in my neck 5 shotgun knock downs ohhhh and about 15 knock down stuns only got lucky to kill 1 player the rest danced and tea bagged me as they got out by the cops!!! ???? Unreal unreal!!! I used to be a good jason but it's so unbalanced now it's crazy!  My wishes were to lower pocket knives and guns make the police leave after 2 minutes or maybe let jason kill them and give jason stalk immediately! 

I want these changes not just for me as jason but me as a councelor as well! Jason needs to be scary and hard to escape from! 

2 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

@PowellCampsNAKED damn your salty 

I hate how the word "Salty" is used in gaming world when someone is the least bit frustrated!? I know I sound like a whiner in this Topic but damn man I used to be decent with Jason but 3 matches last night ended in silence with people saying that was embarrassing!  The heavy hitter perk I got knocked down 15 plus times and again 9 pocket knives? Come on ... 

the problem is once people learn how to evade and troll jason there is no catching them unless you get lucky!  I have been playing with the same bunch of friends since launch and they are really good players and the first few months I would get on average about 5-8 kills with a fun scary balance now it's 1 at the skin of my teeth with a embarrassing game of ridiculous trolling and easy escape!

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@PowellCampsNAKED

Lots of topics on this. It's generally agreed the balance in multiplayer is currently fucked.

The balance turns me off from playing with our usual group. Either that or set my preference to counselor before joining in.

What the fuck happened to "he's supposed to be OP"?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

The balance turns me off from playing with our usual group. Either that or set my preference to counselor before joining in.

What the fuck happened to "he's supposed to be OP"?

I'm at a loss. Making Jason into joke seemed like the one thing they wouldn't do.

I haven't played a multiplayer match in a while. I got frustrated and immediately realized I wasn't having any fun so I stopped playing- I didn't want to shit on anyone else's fun.

Our group's skill level is way above mine and playing as Jason is an exercise in futility for me, with the current state. I refuse to adapt to broken mechanics.

• Like 2

They should have called this the "What Multiplayer?" patch since they clearly want us to forget about MP and focus on VC/bots instead.

Once again, a PATCH takes the game a few steps back.

Make Jason great again? Fuck no. Just give the counselors 3 times more items!

• Like 3

I have stopped playing online for this reason man.

I went from playing every weekend to not at all. Jason sucks I had every counselor out running me even la chappa or stabbing me with pocket knife. 

I'd get lucky to trap a counselor in a corner and hack them down. I finally quit play as Jason after I chased the nerdy girl around the island with Jason's shack on it. She was by herself I couldn't hit her or grab her. I was so frustrated I had to quit especially cause she was able to do it till Tommy ran across the whole map to come and try and kill me. She never ran out of stamina. They really do need to fix it before I come back. 

Playing as a counselor should feel scary not oh yay now I can troll. I played as a counselor 3 times lately and they all ended the same way. I had 2 pocket knifes before seeing Jason and the only reason he was able to come close to killing me is cause someone was helping him. So I just left before it happened. 

The game is a shell of it's former self the only thing that brought me back is the offline bots and virtual cabin. Now that I know the online isn't better. I may just stay away from online and whenever I feel like killing people as Jason play the offline bots. 

This has been a problem since October 25th. It's only been compounded by 2 months without a fix and now more so due to this item increase. 

It's great to add items to camp sites. But not a bounty of items...There should never be a pocket knife AND a shotgun there. But who knows...this is likely another glitch or something. Maybe they didn't intend for things to be this way.

What I do know is, multiplayer is gonna die pretty fast at this rate. It already takes a month between patches, and they keep making things worse. People will eventually put it down completely.

The list of needed MP fixes keeps getting longer and longer with every patch. They can't keep up. Instead of solving problems, they're piling more on.

Oh well...at least VC is cool, right?

• Like 2

They definitely need to fix the game. I know I'm gonna be pissed if they release über jason and he is a little bitch. Cause he should litterly be unstoppable but I know he will suck the way the game is now.

He is in that movie a brick shit house. Litterly punches a hole threw metal, takes bullets like they were marshmallows being lightly tossed at him, and is only stopped by being burned up by earth atmosphere but is hinted at that he may actually not be dead. So if they don't. Honor that and the rest of them I'm done with the online and will only play Jason as intended I guess in offline mode where I can just slaughter dumb ass AI 

Just keep in mind this last patch is primarily a content patch and did not address balance issues, that will be coming in a later patch. As previously said, discussions on the state of the game are always happening and the feedback here is monitored. I have not had time to dive into the multi-player aspect since patch release but I will be hopefully soon. The point is that aside from adding items to a potential spawn at campgrounds nothing was planned to adjust anything in terms of balance for this last patch.  

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

The point is that aside from adding items to a potential spawn at campgrounds nothing was planned to adjust anything in terms of balance for this last patch.

The point is the change to camp spawn IS a balance change and a BIG one too, is not a minor adjustment, is a game breaking unwanted change that heavy impact the balance of the game

Prior to this patch the balance was awful, now is almost unplayable

I hope the game gets fixed I loved it at launch and up till the update that added fox. After that it went to hell in a laundry basket. before killing Jason was rare. Now it's litterly posted on my feed on Xbox like every 20 seconds. Now its the go to way of ending a game. When I first started a Jason that knew how to play it would never happen now it doesn't matter. Jason's a sissy now because the devs listen to people who can't play and be a real surviver. Jason is made weak going against everything in the movies and making him a joke not a threat. He should always be a threat I don't care how experienced of a player you are. 

29 minutes ago, Jack Mehoff said:

I hope the game gets fixed I loved it at launch and up till the update that added fox. After that it went to hell in a laundry basket. before killing Jason was rare. Now it's litterly posted on my feed on Xbox like every 20 seconds. Now its the go to way of ending a game. When I first started a Jason that knew how to play it would never happen now it doesn't matter. Jason's a sissy now because the devs listen to people who can't play and be a real surviver. Jason is made weak going against everything in the movies and making him a joke not a threat. He should always be a threat I don't care how experienced of a player you are. 

Jason is a threat when he uses his abilities in surprise attacks. When characters in the movies know he's there and take steps to prepare and fight back, his threat level decreases dramatically. Please review the below clips as evidence. Jason avoided being killed in only two of his many appearances (Part 2 and the remake, and only cleared the board in one (the remake).

1 hour ago, Blinckx said:

The point is the change to camp spawn IS a balance change and a BIG one too, is not a minor adjustment, is a game breaking unwanted change that heavy impact the balance of the game

Prior to this patch the balance was awful, now is almost unplayable

Don't even bother trying to discuss things like this with Jpops. The devs can do no wrong in his eyes.

Every attempt at fixing something usually leads to two other things breaking. Balance was already out of whack. Jason is a joke. Solution? Give the counselors MORE shit to beat on him with!

This should have waited until Jason got his needed fixes. Then maybe the additional items would be justified. The only reason they added the stuff now is because enough people said "Wait...shouldn't there be stuff at camp sites?"

This proves what I've been saying for a while: The devs have their priorities backwards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Don't even bother trying to discuss things like this with Jpops

At this point i also see no reason to talk with Devs as well since, for them, the game is perfect and we just need to git gud and become a lion

3 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

At this point i also see no reason to talk with Devs as well since, for them, the game is perfect and we just need to git gud and become a lion

I've definitely become the lion again. Thing is, I shouldn't have to resort to using slasher Jasons and hacking down couselors in order to do it. Grabbing should work a lot better than it does.

The meta has shifted to Jason players slashing everyone to death since it's now the most reliable method.

Problem is, you can't use a Jason with overhead attacks. The hit detection is awful. Even with the slasher Jasons, you end up hitting everything but the counselor at times.

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Jason is a threat when he uses his abilities in surprise attacks. When characters in the movies know he's there and take steps to prepare and fight back, his threat level decreases dramatically. Please review the below clips as evidence. Jason avoided being killed in only two of his many appearances (Part 2 and the remake,

Do you realize the movies and game have a complete different setup right? In the movies normally no one knows he is there till the end. Then the last  2 character or  characters are protected by plot armor. In Jason x and takes Manhattan he is known to be there killing threw almost the whole movie. Picking off the people one by one even as they take precautions and the only reason people get away again plot armor. Now bring that into a video game you can't you have to give Jason his stregth and put it up against players and what they would have actually had in the movies. How often did Jason get stabbed by pocket knifes in any of them? He is only stabbed at the end of 3 and it hurt him for a second and he kept on going after her. it became slap stick in 3. in 4 Trish is lucky she had plot armor tommy too.. Cause they both would have been dead without it. it's not till the very end she is able to cut his hand in half and even then he was going to strangle her with his good one. Till Tommy came down again plot armor. He stops and looks at this bald kid that looks nothing like him instead of just continuing to actually trying to strangle his sister. In part 6 he could have killed tommys love interest but again plot armor saves her and Tommy that mvoie could have ended with Tommy drowning by jason then Jason killing all the kids but plot armor saves thier little souls I can go on and on. Plot amor doesn't work in video games especially when it's supposed to be competitive so please take the knowledge you laid before me some place else I've seen all the movie from beginning to end millions of times I know what happens plot amor saves most the final people the game is different set up then most of the movies and the movies its set up is based around has most the people picked off one by one till it's the final 2 who are protected by plot armor 

1 hour ago, Jack Mehoff said:

[beautifully written piece on plot armor...I mean that sincerely]

This game takes place in the final act of the movie you're playing, where the plot armor has worn off for both Jason and counselors.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
Edited portion italicized. Added for clarification.

I’m seeing more and more Jason’s rage quit. Heck I’m a decent Jason and I will no longer play small maps. If I’m Jason on a small map, expect me to quit.

I don’t care anymore. The game is turning me away from it, and Ive been a devoted fan since the beta. This is so unbalanced it’s laughable. 

As a counselor I feel like I’m a hunter tracking the elusive Jason. 

I hope in the next patch they give the counselors Safari hats and the ability to skin and turn Jason into a rug, and mount his head on a plaque.

That doesn't make sense in all Friday films the plot armor really shows in the final act cause the final act is down to one to 2 people. In the game it's more then one person. like the second act of X or 8 when they know Jason is there but he is still picking off the people one by one who can't get away with the group or just by themselves and don't try to defend themselves and rage is the final act when he can't get them so he is pissed just breaking threw doors and walls and what have you. I know the developers said it's like the final act but it's not the final act of the normal movies with the normal story of one or two people it's a larger group who knows he is there. And your right man the game is very unbalanced in the counselors favor Jason is supposed to be the dangerous one not the counselors the game is being ruined by it.

13 minutes ago, Jack Mehoff said:

And your right man the game is very unbalanced in the counselors favor Jason is supposed to be the dangerous one not the counselors the game is being ruined by it.

I wouldn't go that far, personally, but your are welcome to your opinion. It is certainly a popular one around here.

Edit: My previous post should have noted that the plot armor is gone for both Jason and counselors. I have amended it accordingly.

Cause it's true the game is being ruined Jason has been nerfed from being perfect. To being shitty to please people who couldn't play as a counselor before. I had survived every other game as a counselor and it was hard had to run from Jason alot and barely made it out before the update that brought fox in. After that every game as a counselor I would escape from someone calling the cops the car and Jason no where near me and when. He did get close I had everything to get away easliy found in my first spawn spot it shouldn't be that easy I miss a real challenge