Hey counselors and slashers,

We’ve just finished launching the most recent update to Friday the 13th: The Game on all platforms. You probably also noticed that Xbox One and Steam players received it a day later than PS4 users. To be transparent with our community, I would like to let you guys know what happened.

When planning for the launch of this update, we had every intention of it releasing simultaneously on every platform. That launch would have put the release date as 12/18 for everyone, and it would have been ideal. Unfortunately, we had an issue with the Xbox One version that pushed it out of the 12/18 release window. We decided to put the update out on PS4 and Steam on schedule, with Xbox One having a one to two-day delay.

While preparing to push the update live on Steam, we realized that there were some minor server issues. The awesome folks at IllFonic spent most of Monday, and a good chunk of today, getting the Steam update good to play. While this was happening the Xbox build was also given the greenlight. 

There is always a chance that things can go wrong, so we waited until we were sure that the update would be available on Steam and Xbox before announcing it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Thank you @ShiftySamurai for your communication, I for one truly appreciate how up front and honest you've been with us. And I'm loving the patch so far, it has ups and downs but over all I'm pleased. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Hey props to your small team and the effort they put into trying to improve the game and add on to it. Unfortunately some people will never be appreciative, no matter how much blood, sweat and tears go into something.

The only things I feel I've disliked from the new patch was it seemed as if car speed has been decreased and Part 2 Jason seems to move slower.

Those are minimal issues, but your hard work is very appreciated. You guys deserve a pat on the back for the effort you've put into the game.

Thanks!

• Like 1

We don't like it when people are upset, but we know that if they didn't love either the game or the source material, then they wouldn't be here and posting. So, I guess what I am saying is that we all have AT LEAST that one thing in common.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

We don't like it when people are upset, but we know that if they didn't love either the game or the source material, then they wouldn't be here and posting. So, I guess what I am saying is that we all have AT LEAST that one thing in common.

Ok but are the 3 endings all that there is for the Virtual Cabin or are there more discoveries/endings/reveals? Is it possible to get the backdoor to open?

@ShiftySamurai could i possibly get some word on my question? I would really Iike to know. I don't want to have to level up to 101 all over again when i have already earned it! I know, i know it gives me a challenge but i would just like for my data to be there.

33 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I just recently began posting on the forums but have been playing since day 1 on PS4. What most people will fail to realize is that the entire gaming world isn't going to be happy, no matter how much work or improvements are implemented. Some love it, some hate it... but atleast your team has taken initiative to address issues like real men for one... you didn't give us half ass excuses on any issues to this point... Secondly, most people can't respect the work put into this project when they can't comprehend what it took to build this game!

The entire team's work has been appreciated and I've put hundreds of hours of my life into playing and have a ton of fun. The main thing with getting a game, does someone get their money's worth?... I've far exceeded mine and I'm thankful for any work or progress the game takes. Thanks for all you guys attempt to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Removed arguments about spoilers stuff. 

Leave spoilers for, and questions about, VC2.0 in threads marked as spoiler, please. 

@TiffanyCox I believe that your progress is saved to the servers. Without being able to access the servers - being completely offline - you won’t be able to access your unlock history or level. I will get clarification on this tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info! A lot of people were pretty pissed off yesterday but as an Xbox One user we've kind of learned to be more patient than average. Have you seen the Forums response to items being added to campsites? Frankly it's been pretty negative, let me know if you need me to link you to any threads on the subject. My only other question is whether or not we are still on track with the Gun Media Balancing Guide? If so I'd like to suggest a nice floral print dress for Jason as I think that it would compliment his eyes well ;)

The Gun Media Balancing Guide

Step #1: Nerf Jason

Step #2: Buff Tommy

Step #3: Increase Item Spawns

Step #4: Add Helicopter to Map

Step #5: Put Jason in Dress

Step #6: Game Balanced Yet?

Step #7: Give Counselors Chainsaw Hands and Laser Eyes

1 minute ago, CryptM said:

Thanks for the info! A lot of people were pretty pissed off yesterday but as an Xbox One user we've kind of learned to be more patient than average. Have you seen the Forums response to items being added to campsites? Frankly it's been pretty negative, let me know if you need me to link you to any threads on the subject. My only question is whether or not we are still on track with the Gun Media Balancing Guide? If so I'd like to suggest a nice floral print dress for Jason as I think that it would compliment his eyes well ;)

The Gun Media Balancing Guide

Step #1: Nerf Jason

Step #2: Buff Tommy

Step #3: Increase Item Spawns

Step #4: Add Helicopter to Map

Step #5: Put Jason in Dress

Step #6: Game Balanced Yet?

Step #7: Give Counselors Chainsaw Hands and Laser Eyes

You posted this same thing in two other threads. It wasn’t funny then, and it’s not funny now, let it go. Stop trying to make your flop joke happen. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You posted this same thing in two other threads. It wasn’t funny then, and it’s not funny now, let it go. Stop trying to make your flop joke happen. Pathetic.

Sure thing, sweet cheeks ?

7 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Thanks for lying to us about the slight increase of item spawns. 

Did you expect anything less? I personally made several posts about it, clearly explained how it could have a negative impact, and that's just as it turned out. Until they start listening, this kind of thing is just going to keep happening.

13 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Thanks for lying to us about the slight increase of item spawns. 

Wait I thought they said there would be a slight decrease of knives and sprays. 

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We don't like it when people are upset

That's too bad. So far, upsetting people is something you guys excel at.

The amount of venom spewed towards shiftysamurai in this thread is ridiculous. This was a good post that did not need to be made, but in the interest of honesty and being up front with the community, he still made it. Whether people are still peeved at the Devs or not, we ought to be mature about this and perhaps lay off the one person on the dev team who is actually trying to communicate with us on a semi-regular basis.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Removed arguments about spoilers stuff. 

Leave spoilers for, and questions about, VC2.0 in threads marked as spoiler, please. 

Nobody is answering our questions in those threads. We just want to know if we're wasting our time after the third part (and big reveal) trying to figure out if there is more to discover or if we are just dealing with unintentional glitches.

If there is more, a simple yes or no would be awesome and most appreciated :)

1 hour ago, CPLhicks31 said:

The amount of venom spewed towards shiftysamurai in this thread is ridiculous. This was a good post that did not need to be made, but in the interest of honesty and being up front with the community, he still made it. Whether people are still peeved at the Devs or not, we ought to be mature about this and perhaps lay off the one person on the dev team who is actually trying to communicate with us on a semi-regular basis.

I'm sorry that @ShiftySamurai has a difficult job. I'm aware that these things are not his fault. This thread is about the most recent patch though and since nobody behind the scenes is addressing the impact of the increase in item spawns with that patch I thought that it was worth bringing up. I appreciate him taking the time to make posts like this one and talking to the F13 community but that's what a Community Manager does. I do have empathy for his situation and was completely serious about linking him to threads, there have been many threads created in the last 48 hours and things can get lost in the shuffle. I probably shouldn't joke around as much as I do but that's who I am. I get why no one wants to address posts like the one in the screenshot below but pretending that there isn't a problem doesn't make the problem not exist.

33f3t61.jpg

I came to this forum what seems like months ago because I was outraged at Jason's grab getting nerfed, in combination with everything else that got thrown into that patch to tip the balance in the counselor's favor. I love this game enough to try to fight for it. There's some great people on here and I've learned a lot, but honestly I really don't want to be here as much as you probably don't want me here. However, this is still unfortunately the best place to submit feedback so here we are.

TL;DR: It's not fun to play as Jason anymore and this patch only made things worse.

Edited by Guest
Phrasing! :D