Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AldermachXI

PC Performance - December 19th Patch

Recommended Posts

I'm going through my PC and updating drivers and running cleaners/anti-virus to ensure nothing else is at fault. But it seems as though the PC performance has taken another hit.

The October patch had a similar effect on the game. Went from running anywhere between 80-110 fps, down to 50-60 fps. I don't think I've seen 70fps since October. I can live with 60 with slight dips into the 50s.

But with today's patch, I was getting 35-40 fps in the Virtual Cabin and as low as 15 fps in Multiplayer matches...

Glad the update was released. But I'm not sure if it was ready to come out of the oven yet.

Again, I'm doing what I can to ensure the problem isn't on my end. I'll report back once everything I can do has been done.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch... Good luck with that. Hopefully xbox has better luck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updating drivers, running cleaners and anti-virus (empty caches, scrub registry, AV found no threats) got things back up to 55-60fps. It seems to like to sit around 57 for the most part.

Not terrible. But optimization is obviously not where it should be.

My guess is that yesterday's delay had something to do with this and now they got it to a "good enough" stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Updating drivers, running cleaners and anti-virus (empty caches, scrub registry, AV found no threats) got things back up to 55-60fps. It seems to like to sit around 57 for the most part.

Not terrible. But optimization is obviously not where it should be.

My guess is that yesterday's delay had something to do with this and now they got it to a "good enough" stage.

Don't forget to delete the Win32 folder, that will give some good boosts.

WARNING! Do not do that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Updating drivers, running cleaners and anti-virus (empty caches, scrub registry, AV found no threats) got things back up to 55-60fps. It seems to like to sit around 57 for the most part.

Not terrible. But optimization is obviously not where it should be.

My guess is that yesterday's delay had something to do with this and now they got it to a "good enough" stage.

I think you said you're running a 1070, which is a solid card, but I didn't see mention of the resolution for which it's having to provide frames...1080, 1440, 4k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I think you said you're running a 1070, which is a solid card, but I didn't see mention of the resolution for which it's having to provide frames...1080, 1440, 4k?

1080p. Which is why it's really alarming. I get over 90 fps in Battlefield 1 and Rainbow Six Siege. Used to get that in this game up until around October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

1080p. Which is why it's really alarming. I get over 90 fps in Battlefield 1 and Rainbow Six Siege. Used to get that in this game up until around October.

Jesus.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm running an i7-6580k @ 4.4, 32gb ram @ 3200, and a ftw3 GTX 180 ti...still drop below 60fps on 1440p randomly with this game. Meanwhile, every other title stays above 100fps at maxed out settings. Thank fuck for g-sync.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Jesus.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm running an i7-6580k @ 4.4, 32gb ram @ 3200, and a ftw3 GTX 180 ti...still drop below 60fps on 1440p randomly with this game. Meanwhile, every other title stays above 100fps at maxed out settings. Thank fuck for g-sync.

Wow. So it's definitely an optimization thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone told me the devs will migrate the game to a new Unreal Engine, and update to dx 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on PC too, but the game runs just fine for me. I guess it's running smoothly now, more than before, especially the multiplayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kitcat said:

I'm on PC too, but the game runs just fine for me. I guess it's running smoothly now, more than before, especially the multiplayer.

here have shitty performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have i7 3770@4.3ghz + GTX 1070 strix@2.12ghz and game works like shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great. I have a GTX 1060 at 1080p and it was decent, 60 - 70+ fps avg with dips into the 30s and 40s here and there. From what u guys are claiming using 1070s and 1080s, I'm probably fucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

That's great. I have a GTX 1060 at 1080p and it was decent, 60 - 70+ fps avg with dips into the 30s and 40s here and there. From what u guys are claiming using 1070s and 1080s, I'm probably fucked.

To be fair, I'm running maxed settings (including 150% resolution scaling) on a 3440x1440 monitor...so far it has only become really slow a couple of times. Gsync means I usually don't notice framerate changes unless I'm watching a fps counter. Still, F13 heats up my GPU to an extent that much more graphically impressive titles like Doom, Witcher 3 with hairworks on, heavily modded F4, etc. simply do not even though they are also set to maxed settings...and F13 gets lower fps for shittier graphics to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

To be fair, I'm running maxed settings (including 150% resolution scaling) on a 3440x1440 monitor...so far it has only become really slow a couple of times. Gsync means I usually don't notice framerate changes unless I'm watching a fps counter. Still, F13 heats up my GPU to an extent that much more graphically impressive titles like Doom, Witcher 3 with hairworks on, heavily modded F4, etc. simply do not even though they are also set to maxed settings...and F13 gets lower fps for shittier graphics to boot.

I can run all but 3 settings on Epic. I forget which ones i switched to High but I could barely tell a difference besides low frame rates when all are on Epic.

I have OCD so I have to run the fps counter in Steam. I don't really notice the dips either when I play through Steam link, which doesn't show the frames. I should probably shut the counter off.

Can you run it fullscreen without scaling? I scale to 150 when I'm not playing, so I can read things from across the room. If I leave it scaled up when I play, it kills my performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Can you run it fullscreen without scaling? I scale to 150 when I'm not playing, so I can read things from across the room. If I leave it scaled up when I play, it kills my performance. 

 

Yeah, I'm running fullscreen scaled to 150% when playing...even at otherwise maxed graphics settings the game looked like shit to me scaled to 100%. Cutting it back would certainly help any performance issues, but I didn't build the rig I did to have to downscale games...and certainly not a game with graphics like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...