GarageNation

Got Bullied As Jason By Chad

I literally couldn't hit chad at all, I chased him for 10 minutes or more and all he did was 180 turn and melee stun me EVERYTIME. I had to run away from chad as he was too powerful for jason and go for the other counsellors

Thats the last straw ... this game is garbage, a complete joke. Jason is now scared of the counsellors lol.

Just complete trash, I'm not updating for bots it's broken trash. 

Chad destroys part 2 jason ūüĎ欆

1 minute ago, GarageNation said:

I literally couldn't hit chad at all, I chased him for 10 minutes or more and all he did was 180 turn and melee stun me EVERYTIME. I had to run away from chad as he was too powerful for jason and go for the other counsellors

Thats the last straw ... this game is garbage, a complete joke. Jason is now scared of the counsellors lol.

You never saw the alternate ending to part 7 I'm guessing.  If you had you would know that the original version they shot had Chad backhand Jason all the way to the lake, (while drinking a glass of red wine), kick him in the nuts, and then drown him by holding his head underwater (one handed - he never drops his wine) and calling him Chad's bitch until he stopped shaking his legs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GarageNation said:

melee bait and then grab. Use shift etc.

10 minutes ago, GarageNation said:

Wonder if you were playing against me lol. 

Yes, let's blame others for knowing how to put up a fight because you are too stubborn to learn from your mistakes.

I understand that you are venting, but come on. Don't you think you're being just a bit ridiculous? If you keep getting stunned from the same method over and over again, maybe your plan of action isn't the most reliable.

If you wanted to keep pursuing him, blocking attacks would have depleted his durability. He cannot attack you without a weapon. Knives could have made him wary of attacking head on. Spacing could have helped, too. Go for a few whiff attacks with swings and grabs, so when he thinks he can stun you, he is just out of range and misses. Then you can counter with a swing, throwing knife or a grab.

You could have also tried morphing ahead, out of sight, and then reinitiate the fight with your shift ability. Stalk helps with this technique because it hides your red icon when line of sight is broken.

The tempo of combat can be decided by Jason and his abilities. Use this to your advantage.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BomberBuddy said:

Yes, let's blame others for knowing how to put up a fight because you are too stubborn to learn from your mistakes.

I understand that you are venting, but come on. Don't you think you're being just a bit ridiculous? If you keep getting stunned from the same method over and over again, maybe your plan of action isn't the most reliable.

This is the problem with many players who complain about Jason's difficulty on here. They don't learn or adapt to strategies being used against them and make wild claims about balance as if everyone has the same problems as they do. Best advice I can give to those players is - don't play like a bot. If something isn't working, try something else.

I was going to post counters for Jason against the "turn & burn" tactic but you already covered it really well. I generally find that after simply blocking a counselor's attempt at it the first time, they don't try again for a while. They are more wary to try it if it's obvious that you're familiar with the tactic. A well-timed 360 degree turn will also make them whiff which you can follow up with a punish. Any Jason should be able to get an instinct for it after enough practice. 

• Like 3

Don't be in a rush to kill them 

psych them out

take your time

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GarageNation said:

Please read the highlighted text. Take what you will from that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, T.W said:

Don't be in a rush to kill them 

psych them out

take your time

Exactly.

I usually ignore counselors I morph on at the start.  If they choose to engage me, I grab them.  I act casual and pretend I don't notice them breaking windows and picking up throwing knives.  The only time I will go after you is if you put yourself in a corner or a dead end. 

@patrickgage27 as a fellow Chad, any input?

Chad + epic sucker punch = you will be stunned 90% of the time or more. God forbid if he has swift attacker.

If he's jogging in short spurts, letting you get closer than you would let Jason get, odds are he's drawing you in to try and grab so he can stun you. As soon as you see him start to turn around to swing, back off. He'll whiff his swing and be defenseless against a grab.

• Like 1

Hey GarageNation. I was that Chad. Don't worry, with the recent patch my technique has been severely nerfed, and the devs did this under the radar. Guess you got your way. 

17 minutes ago, Kalist said:

Hey GarageNation. I was that Chad. Don't worry, with the recent patch my technique has been severely nerfed, and the devs did this under the radar. Guess you got your way. 

I haven't played online since the patch and I main Chad...what did they do that wasn't mentioned upfront?

17 hours ago, Chad face said:

It’s pretty easy to use throwIng knifes

Once I hit a very good Deborah, while chasing her, with every single one of my 8 throwing knives and she healed her way out it.

A lot of this advice is good but you're just gonna have to eat shit from time to time.

The best thing to do is not to get frustrated. 

33 minutes ago, Kalist said:

You asshole -) ... that was you I remember the name. I hope it is fixed I couldn't do anything .. no time to block or nothing

47 minutes ago, Kalist said:

Where has it being nerfed in the patch notes? I cant see any improvements to what you was doing

I was using the turn and burn technique (the sudden 180 degree turn , followed by a swing) which was previously mentioned in an above comment, mixed with a combination of dodges and bypassing recovery frames. 

Bypassing recovery frames has now been removed, which was a crucial reliability in my fighting strategy to counter your attempt to counter my swing. 

10 minutes ago, Kalist said:

I was using the turn and burn technique (the sudden 180 degree turn , followed by a swing) which was previously mentioned in an above comment, mixed with a combination of dodges and bypassing recovery frames. 

Bypassing recovery frames has now been removed, which was a crucial reliability in my fighting strategy to counter your attempt to counter my swing. 

That was only block canceling though right?   I still couldn't press CS in time to block a turn and burn .. jason cant react fast enough

I use swift attacker to abuse human reaction time. Tho, if you remap your controller keys so that the combat stance button and block button are at a comfortable spot on the controller, you will be able to block me almost every time. 

This is becoming all to common, and yes the poster could of dealt with Battle Chad in many ways, and I’m not gonna tell him he’s playing Jason wrong, or should just learn to adapt, but here’s the problem.

This post really should be the opposite. This post should be complaining that he stood his ground against Jason with a bat, and Jason cut him down every match. Not the other way around! 

Thats not Friday the 13th people. 

Jason whether he’s being controlled by a seasoned player or a casual noob needs to have the upper hand in all situations. This is not the case anymore with all the nerfs bugs and sheer amount of weapons and pocket knives available to the counsellors.

Jason should be feared, and only a last resort to approach him with a weapon. 

Counsellors are walking tanks now, with an arsenal at their finger tips. And yes Jason can adapt and learn the new mechanics, but those mechanics are heavily scued towards the counselors favour now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dandop, he posted this before the patch. The patch addressed his very issue, under the radar that is. It's fine as it is now, for casual noobs playing Jason too. If a counselor misses their swing, they're gonna pay for it no matter what, if they're alone against Jason.

9 minutes ago, Kalist said:

Dandop, he posted this before the patch. The patch addressed his very issue, under the radar that is. It's fine as it is now, for casual noobs playing Jason too. If a counselor misses their swing, they're gonna pay for it no matter what, if they're alone against Jason.

I'm on PS4, so I got the patch more than 22 hours ago. The poster is talking about 180 quick swings.

I read your Counsellor nerf post, and nor did that slight nerf address or take away the main issues I brought up.