GarageNation

Got Bullied As Jason By Chad

What's the issue then? You guys are gonna claim the turn and burn is a "glitch" too? The only way a counselor can survive an encounter, especially in combat, is continual unpredictability. If that is also taken away, the fights will be painfully predictable. If this ends up removed too, counselors will end up with a useless combat stance, that unexperienced players complain about already

9 minutes ago, Kalist said:

What's the issue then? You guys are gonna claim the turn and burn is a "glitch" too? The only way a counselor can survive an encounter, especially in combat, is continual unpredictability. If that is also taken away, the fights will be painfully predictable. If this ends up removed too, counselors will end up with a useless combat stance, that unexperienced players complain about already

I use a lot of those teqniques my self. I’m not saying Counsellors need to be nerfed. 

I’m talking about about the overall experience being in favor for Counsellor victories almost every match.

Im not a fan of nerfs. What the developers did was nerf Jason and at the same time buffed counsellors in many ways. At least in terms of weapons, health sprays and pocket knives.

16 minutes ago, Kalist said:

Make it so Jason's hits actually work and not go through counsellors. Make it so Jason's swings are faster than counselors.  Make it so Jason's swings do more damage to counselors.

7 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Make it so Jason's hits actually work and not go through counsellors. Make it so Jason's swings are faster than counselors.  Make it so Jason's swings do more damage to counselors.

Jason's swings are already faster than counsellors swings, if they hit Jason it's because they outsmarted him by using distance and timing effectively. Jason already does tremendous amount of damage to counsellors with his swings, the Slasher Jasons do at least. 

In regards to other imbalances outside of combat, such as health sprays, pocket knifes and other things like that I'm not going to voice my opinion. That's of less importance to me. 

11 minutes ago, Kalist said:

Jason's swings are already faster than counsellors swings, if they hit Jason it's because they outsmarted him by using distance and timing effectively. Jason already does tremendous amount of damage to counsellors with his swings, the Slasher Jasons do at least. 

In regards to other imbalances outside of combat, such as health sprays, pocket knifes and other things like that I'm not going to voice my opinion. That's of less importance to me. 

I’m curious if anyone has recently timed out Jason’s attacks animation vs a counselors? I feel like this may not be true anymore, it could be Jason’s horrible hit detection or more counselors are using Swift Attacker, but it seems slow, and I frequently land hits on Jason, and can’t believe I hit him while Jason missed.

Those pocket knives and health sprays are what give counsellors the over confidence they need to fight and troll Jason. I see this every match and very little skill is required. Take away those items and only brave talented players will stand against him.

Swift Attacker might make counsellors swings as fast as Jasons, or almost as fast. Not sure. Someone should do a frame by frame comparison video on it. There is a penalty to the epic swift attacker tho. With most weapons, when you are within swing distance, also puts you in immediate grab distance. That's why I never use the epic version of swift attacker because it is counterproductive. The faster u swing your weapon, the less range it has.

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

This. There's nothing wrong with turn & burn (though there's something to the argument that removing combat stance's auto-lock would make it require actual skill, and work to be done on stun chance for any given "burn"). However, there's a problem when the counselor only hits Jason because his hit detection is trash. If we smack him before he hits us, great...if we smack him because his swing passed through us (which occurs frequently), that's just annoying for everyone involved.

Sounds like the OP ran into a level 101 Counselor with all Epic Perks.

Judging by his tale I'd say...Restful, Sucker Punch, and Thrasher.

Everyone that plays Jason has suffered through things like this. Either suck it up, and adapt or Quit. It literally is just that simple. Learn how to shift Grab, Learn to place Traps on the Fly if you are playing Tatter Sack Jason like you say. If ONE single player is giving you problems, maybe hunt someone else and come back to them later.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hu_soldier13 said:

@patrickgage27 as a fellow Chad, any input?

Chad + epic sucker punch = you will be stunned 90% of the time or more. God forbid if he has swift attacker.

If he's jogging in short spurts, letting you get closer than you would let Jason get, odds are he's drawing you in to try and grab so he can stun you. As soon as you see him start to turn around to swing, back off. He'll whiff his swing and be defenseless against a grab.

I agree, also trust ole combat stance and block.  If he stuns you once with that little technique odds are he will try it Everytime you approach bait him into swinging combat stance real fast and block then he's yours to grab

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kalist said:

I use swift attacker to abuse human reaction time. Tho, if you remap your controller keys so that the combat stance button and block button are at a comfortable spot on the controller, you will be able to block me almost every time. 

There is a way to remap your controller/keyboard ?

19 hours ago, Kalist said:

I use swift attacker to abuse human reaction time. Tho, if you remap your controller keys so that the combat stance button and block button are at a comfortable spot on the controller, you will be able to block me almost every time. 

wait what? you guys on console can remap you key binding? Really? what the acutal?  You don´t use a third party programm or something else? We PC players still have no custom keybinding. Wich is a joke. That´s a freaking stanard. Sorry for hijacking but i need to know this...

• Like 1

I can remap the buttons to my liking in any game on Xbox. Especially if you have an Elite Xbox Controller, but a normal xbox controller can also remap the buttons. All this can be done simply by accessing the settings (on Xbox).

12 minutes ago, Kalist said:

I can remap the buttons to my liking in any game on Xbox. Especially if you have an Elite Xbox Controller, but a normal xbox controller can also remap the buttons. All this can be done simply by accessing the settings (on Xbox).

I can also do this in any game on PC. This is the only one where i can´t in many many years of gaming. thx for info.

What happens is Daniel san is basically Jason Voorhees and Bad Boy Johnny Lawrence is Chad and all his goon friends are the rest of the counselors.

Too bad Jason doesn't have Miyagi to save him. Nor should he need him to be honest.

Cobra Kai Never Dies!

On 12/19/2017 at 7:16 PM, Tommy86 said:

This is the problem with many players who complain about Jason's difficulty on here. They don't learn or adapt to strategies being used against them and make wild claims about balance as if everyone has the same problems as they do. Best advice I can give to those players is - don't play like a bot. If something isn't working, try something else.

I was going to post counters for Jason against the "turn & burn" tactic but you already covered it really well. I generally find that after simply blocking a counselor's attempt at it the first time, they don't try again for a while. They are more wary to try it if it's obvious that you're familiar with the tactic. A well-timed 360 degree turn will also make them whiff which you can follow up with a punish. Any Jason should be able to get an instinct for it after enough practice. 

I guess you don't get the point of Jason. He is supposed to be the one People have to use special tactics not to get hit, not the other way around. HE should not be getting bullied whatsoever, it's a 1v7. HE is supposed to be the one making the moves to hit the counselors not the other way around. These combat tactics shouldn't be in the game or they should be nerfed. Period.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blitzwing8 said:

I guess you don't get the point of Jason. He is supposed to be the one People have to use special tactics not to get hit, not the other way around. HE should not be getting bullied whatsoever, it's a 1v7. HE is supposed to be the one making the moves to hit the counselors not the other way around. These combat tactics shouldn't be in the game or they should be nerfed. Period.

Maybe your just not good at being Jason :lol: 

You just have to get good at psyching them out and getting them to expose themselves. They can't even cancel the attack animation anymore, so they're forced to commit. The real problem is now that every Chad is guaranteed to have a medspray with double heals and two pocket knives because the devs are giving them out like candy now. Having to catch a good player playing a meta character 3 or 4 times is absurd.

1 hour ago, T.W said:

Maybe your just not good at being Jason :lol: 

I'm fine with Jason, I've had very little games where I haven't gotten a flawless, but counselors are super op right now regardless of my skill with Jason.  If you disagree you're deep in denial and probably one of the people who abuse stuff like the backwards hit and the fient.

• Like 1

Best way to deal with counselors being over cocky, play possum. I dont know how many times Ive pretended like I was going to Morph to lure someone in. Its made a few rage quit as well.

Just keep in mind too that stuns do NOT equate to damage toward knocking your mask off so tanking a bit is a good strat to build rage faster. Always apply pressure as Jason, dont let a counselor use firecrackers to gain stam. Someone keeps running circles? Keep after them Ive seen to many Jasons try to switch the direction theyre chasing someone when its best to just keep chasing them so theres no pause. Also be sure to let shift run itself out in that situation because usually once you shift, theyll just keep sprinting until they know where you are.

Edited by ThePunkPirate
Added additional tips

No I play the game to have fun

I don't care if I get a flawless game or not I'll take on 4 chads if I have to

• Like 1

On 19/12/2017 at 9:25 PM, GarageNation said:

I literally couldn't hit chad at all, I chased him for 10 minutes or more and all he did was 180 turn and melee stun me EVERYTIME. I had to run away from chad as he was too powerful for jason and go for the other counsellors

Thats the last straw ... this game is garbage, a complete joke. Jason is now scared of the counsellors lol.

Just complete trash, I'm not updating for bots it's broken trash. 

Chad destroys part 2 jason 👍 

Damn dude, maybe Jason should sign up too https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk to help stop other Jason's from being violently abused by other Chads.

#StopTheBullying.

• Haha 1

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, Kalist said:

Remap buttons on xbox??