Sign in to follow this  
Confused Counsellor

Lets talk about the item increase

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Definitely a lot more stuff around to make life easier for counselors now. I don't mind it as Jason, personally. Pocket knives mean next to nothing since I only grab when they're limping now anyways. Even if they have a pocket knife, they're not getting far after.

Shotguns have to be used at the perfect time in order to be truly effective, or as a last ditch effort to stay alive. Most people tend to miss or use it when it doesn't hurt Jason's game too bad.

The best use I've seen still to this day was when I was against 4 counselors at the car and they were starting it...the person with the shotgun waited until I was just about to grab the driver half a second before the car was starting. I didn't see him. There was nothing I could do. I went down as the car started, they all had just enough time to get in and take off. Rare 4 escape against me. But they earned it.

Less experienced Jason players are in trouble though. Even more so than a few says ago. It's open season now. I've been escaping with a shotgun and a pocket knife lately.

And no, that's not even a dick move anymore. Everyone else has some too.

Medic, plus the mountains of medsprays on the map means that grabbing a limping counselor results in them healing while you are stunned, assuming you can even get them limping and reach them in time.

As for shotguns, that's the kind of the point of them and flareguns. They give you an easy escape when you're cornered in a small cabin.

It can be for no other reason to sell more copies to the kids. It's been quite clear from social media and the forums that people are dismayed about the recent counselor buffs and Jason nerfs - they've continued the trend (and downwards trajectory of the game) in making it easier. 

It's a shame, they had it nailed at launch. I don't remember such a spectacular fail of post-release patches in any other game quite like this.

It originally felt like a survival horror game - now it's become a parody. Basically a low budget "The Warriors" parody... with a licensed Jason Voorhees character thrown into the mix.

The perk event has granted nearly everyone with epic medic, thick skin and hypochondriac. That plus the sheer amount of pocket knives, med sprays and boomsticks now make everything a living hell for Jason. The game is seriously stacked in the councelors favour. Which is just not how Friday the 13th should be.

• Thanks 1

Grab, get pocket knife, grab, get pocket knife, grab, get pocket knive, grab, get pocket knife, grab, get pocket knive, grab, get pocket knife, grab, get pocket knife, grab, get pocket knife.

FUCK YOU GUN MEDIA!

18 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

The perk event has granted nearly everyone with epic medic, thick skin and hypochondriac. That plus the sheer amount of pocket knives, med sprays and boomsticks now make everything a living hell for Jason. The game is seriously stacked in the councelors favour. Which is just not how Friday the 13th should be.

Don't worry, they've nerfed Heavy Hitter.

• Haha 2

I wish I created this account to participate in the community for a more positive reason.. But I have to chip into this discussion. The amount of pocket knives and guns in the game right now is ridiculous indeed. All counselor items in fact. Sure it's great being a counselor, I'm not that great at it yet anyway. But Jebus.. I'm actually rooting for Jason. He has my sympathies. I had two pocket knives in the cabin I started in, firecrackers, med spray, walkie talkie, fuse.. I already had the map as a perk but I'm sure one was in the cabin too. Another pocket knife right outside. Plenty of weapons. It's not even a challenge finding a shotgun or a flare gun. I started the game not gathering items but trying to decide what I would take from the cabin.

I actually prefer the challenge as a counselor. Not the other way around. Even with the spawn preference you only get to play as Jason fairly rarely and currently it's very discouraging even for an average player.

Did that add anything to the discussion? Nothing new but I don't see a poll anywhere so I'm just casting my vote. Too many item spawns. Way too many.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2017 at 12:04 PM, SDA said:

My one concern is it makes the "go kill Jason!" option even more viable. Objectives? Nah, just figure out your sweater pre round, let her get her guaranteed, no drawer checking, two pocket knives, a spray and a shotgun from areas with about a 1% chance of Jason traffic, then begin the hunt.

I had a funny game the other night where my traps got popped and I still ate 9 pocket knives. Good times.:P

On 12/19/2017 at 5:50 PM, TimmyJarvis said:

Guessing and hoping you are being sarcastic.  But, while I don't agree with making him AI in multiplayer, it would be great if they made an offline mode where he was AI and you were a counselor.  At least for when servers go offline in a couple or few years. 

An AI Jason coop mode would be pretty fun I think. Be great for folks just starting out looking to learn the game as well as people just wanting to practice or tutor a bit. Doubt that will ever happen though.