Sign in to follow this  
Confused Counsellor

Lets talk about the item increase

10 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Low levels sure, but even high level randoms won't get anything done on Jarvis House because everything is usually in one corner of the map with nowhere to run.

Yeah that can happen, I play matches like that sometimes. But playing as Vanessa for instance, it isn't difficult to run to even the next sector, and looping is particularly effective on that map as you have large cabins in the south and the 2 big houses in the center. At any point you can temporarily hide in a closet and get off Jason's radar. I've survived on that map without getting anything done whatsoever. Looping is its own kind of fun but pretty pointless too.

Just now, Tommy86 said:

Yeah that can happen, I play matches like that sometimes. But playing as Vanessa for instance, it isn't difficult to run to even the next sector, and looping is particularly effective on that map as you have large cabins in the south and the 2 big houses in the center. At any point you can temporarily hide in a closet and get off his radar. I've survived on that map without getting anything done whatsoever. Looping is its own kind of fun but pretty pointless too.

Who wants to play as Vanessa? She was disgustingly overpowered even before all the balance changes. Now she's basically an automatic victory even in the hands of a middling player.

11 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Thats how people want it though. No one wants counselors to be able to get anything done or pose any threat to them which is why so many people are in love with the offline bots. The next map from what we have seen in now removed videos looks Jason sided.

I think that's because many people don't actually understand why they are having difficulties with Jason beyond the most basic of reasons, and demand one-dimensional buffs/nerfs without addressing the root of the problems. No matter how many buffs Jason receives, they will always be compensating for a lack of options and bad character control which means he will remain unenjoyable to play. Good gameplay requires depth, fluidity and responsiveness, all of which are currently missing.

I also have no idea either why some players are in love with offline bots, since they are hilariously bad (to the point I finished an offline match last night one-handed while eating). 

Do you have any screens of the next map? I missed out on seeing it.

11 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Who wants to play as Vanessa? She was disgustingly overpowered even before all the balance changes. Now she's basically an automatic victory even in the hands of a middling player.

Let's not get into this discussion. Our opinions on this differ, let's leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

I think that's because many people don't actually understand why they are having difficulties with Jason beyond the most basic of reasons, and demand one-dimensional buffs/nerfs without addressing the root of the problems. No matter how many buffs Jason receives, they will always be compensating for a lack of options and bad character control which means he will remain unenjoyable to play. Good gameplay requires depth, fluidity and responsiveness, all of which are currently missing.

I also have no idea either why some players are in love with offline bots, since they are hilariously bad (to the point I finished an offline match last night one-handed while eating). 

Do you have any screens of the next map? I missed out on seeing it.

No and the videos that were showing them and the a councilor people have been waiting for have been copy right striked.

Just now, Tommy86 said:

Let's not get into this discussion. Our opinions on this differ, let's leave it at that.

I just don't see how you can constantly be complaining about how weak Jason is while intentionally picking the most overpowered meta character.

9 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I just don't see how you can constantly be complaining about how weak Jason is while intentionally picking the most overpowered meta character.

I'm never complaining about how weak he is. I'm offering insight. I back up everything with solid reasoning, and my opinion is that he has always been weak which has simply become more evident as the playerbase has progressed, and more evident due to certain changes. I don't even need to pick Vanessa to give Jason a hard time, I play her for mobility reasons in order to ferry objective parts and repair if need be. That's what's enjoyable for me, I want to get as much done in the match as I can. If I only ever wanted to fight Jason, I'd pick Chad or even Jenny, both of which can beat the hell out of him.

Just now, Tommy86 said:

I'm never complaining about how weak he is. I back up everything with solid reasoning, and my opinion is that he has always been weak which has simply become more evident as the playerbase has progressed, and more evident due to certain changes. I don't even need to pick Vanessa to give Jason a hard time, I play her for mobility reasons in order to ferry objective parts and repair. That's what enjoyable for me, I want to get as much done in the match as I can. If I only ever wanted to fight Jason, I'd pick Chad or even Jenny, both of which can beat the hell out of him.

Fair enough. And I didn't meant to imply that you were wrong about Jason being underpowered. I disagree about Jenny being able to beat up Jason however. High luck doesn't matter when you have low speed and stamina. She can't control the pace of the chase so it's very easy for Jason to bait her into missing an attack.

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Fair enough. And I didn't meant to imply that you were wrong about Jason being underpowered. I disagree about Jenny being able to beat up Jason however. High luck doesn't matter when you have low speed and stamina. She can't control the pace of the chase so it's very easy for Jason to bait her into missing an attack.

Agree to an extent, but for me Jenny can do well under the right circumstances. Lack of stamina is mitigated by hits on Jason, so she can keep regaining it. Mostly her place is in group combat where she can remain a threat, but her lack of speed does indeed pose a problem in 1v1. Chad is still the #1 choice for combat of course. 

Crystal Lake 100% has an additional shotgun now. It's fucking ridiculous. What on earth were they thinking?

I just played a match, couldn't grab for shit, ate 5 pocket knives and had two traps disabled by knives, making 7 total, and ate 3 Shotgun blasts (including Tommy).

Still got 8/8 though, because now the game is so easy, and everyone thinks they're invlunerable, they all play loose as shit and get punished when a good Jason comes in the lobby. But playing Jason was zero fun.

No surprise though. You dumb your game down, you get fucking idiots.

• Thanks 2

the increase in items in madness, iv seen a campfire have 3 items and a shotgun, even the chair at the podium has items now lol

Picture Jason as a piece of dog shit. Now put some whip cream on it and some sprinkles. What do you get? 

Still shit!

In a quick game vs bots they were able to pick up 8 pocket knife and 4 shotgun lol

If that's what you mean with "slight increase of item spawn in campfire area" i'm afraid of what may come next

I recently shot Jason 3 times in a single round. This is too much and now these items don't feel as special. Might as increase the lobby capacity to 16 to balance it out...

I wasn't a big detractor of the last patch beyond the grab nerf.  There were some genuine quality of life improvements to Quickplay with the icons and such I thought.  This current patch though has given the complainers all the ammunition they need.  Coming back after a month long break, trolling Jason seems to pretty much be the norm now and there's not a lot you can do about it if stuck in the role.  Grabbing (still a challenge on any moving target) has become a real hazard as most everyone has a pocket knife, and when you get mobbed by melee attacks and shotguns you're going to take a harsh beating, possibly a sweater death if not careful.  Even if you try to swing your own weapon, you'll get stunned before you get more than a few blows and your target will heal.  And if you get desperate and grab someone, expect either a pocket knife or a stun, and then watching while everyone medsprays and rearms themselves for Round 2 of whack-a-Jason.  It's honestly kind of an awful game to play right now and the brainless bots aren't much fun either.  Friday the 13th is officially broken IMO.  To the people who screamed they were destroying Jason -- you were right, I guess that really was the direction they were heading in.  Here I thought they were just trying to balance Quickplay a little but even randoms stand a fair chance of whupping on him now.  Playing Jason is stressful unrewarding work where you can pretty much expect to get trolled at least a few times a match anymore.

8 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Crystal Lake 100% has an additional shotgun now. It's fucking ridiculous. What on earth were they thinking?

I just played a match, couldn't grab for shit, ate 5 pocket knives and had two traps disabled by knives, making 7 total, and ate 3 Shotgun blasts (including Tommy).

Still got 8/8 though, because now the game is so easy, and everyone thinks they're invlunerable, they all play loose as shit and get punished when a good Jason comes in the lobby. But playing Jason was zero fun.

No surprise though. You dumb your game down, you get fucking idiots.

This is what I'm seeing too, & worse, I fell into the trap! A group of you ganging together feeling invulnerable. Then he picks a couple off and you look at objective status; barely anything done. If I & enough of the others  were good players however I could see that we could get away with it.

5 shotguns on Packanack this morning,  including Tommys. FUCKING FIVE!!

2 in the lodge, 2 at camp sites and 1 on Tommy when he turned up. Absolute dogshit.

11 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

2 in the lodge, 2 at camp sites and 1 on Tommy when he turned up. Absolute dogshit.

I think Jason's stumbled into a military barracks rather than a Summer camp

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Or a pocket knife factory that is really tight on security 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrLeatherface said:

I have no words. If there were in fact 5 shotguns in a match then the devs are truly beyond help.

13 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I have no words. If there were in fact 5 shotguns in a match then the devs are truly beyond help.

Even if I miscounted and one was dropped in a new location, there was definitely 4 in play because I used 3 of them myself. Then Tommy turned up with his boomstick.

Right after the patch I spawned at a campsite.  I thought to myself, as I usually do with that spawn, "Jeez, what a crappy spawn."  Then I look to my left and I see a shotgun!  Holy smokes.  Then a pocket knife!  Then a spray!  I'm locked and loaded 30 secs in to the match and the troll hunt of Jason can begin.

I don't think this is what it should feel like to be a counselor in a Friday the 13th game.  

I have a couple thoughts about it.  1.  I am quite happy there is actually a reason to check and use campsites now.  2.  Maybe when they increased the perks or tapes for the event they accidentally upped the items too?  3.  There may be a  Jason buff in our future and we will be glad we have these weapons.  I know from my experience with online games sometimes nerfs and buffs break things until their counters are properly implemented.  

I’m someone who prefers playing as a counselor, and I’m in agreeance that there are TOO MANY pocket knives. It was brutal last night watching a very good only get 4/8 because everyone he shift-grabbed had a pocket knife - and one even had two. I think he counted seven in total? It’s gotten to where escaping doesn’t feel special to me anymore, and lately I’ll give Jason the run around for a bit, but then let myself get killed without making it look too obvious since my friends are getting so frustrated playing as Jason. 

Definitely a lot more stuff around to make life easier for counselors now. I don't mind it as Jason, personally. Pocket knives mean next to nothing since I only grab when they're limping now anyways. Even if they have a pocket knife, they're not getting far after.

Shotguns have to be used at the perfect time in order to be truly effective, or as a last ditch effort to stay alive. Most people tend to miss or use it when it doesn't hurt Jason's game too bad.

The best use I've seen still to this day was when I was against 4 counselors at the car and they were starting it...the person with the shotgun waited until I was just about to grab the driver half a second before the car was starting. I didn't see him. There was nothing I could do. I went down as the car started, they all had just enough time to get in and take off. Rare 4 escape against me. But they earned it.

Less experienced Jason players are in trouble though. Even more so than a few says ago. It's open season now. I've been escaping with a shotgun and a pocket knife lately.

And no, that's not even a dick move anymore. Everyone else has some too.

Had two rounds as Jason last night. I must have been pocket knifed at least 7 times each round, and at least three to four counselors running around with shotguns.

Absolutely ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Turning a corner and seeing 6 characters with Guns and Flare guns, backed up by melee characters make me think the Devs are aiming for the players to experience the Beginning of Jason goes to Hell more then anything else from the games.