Lootron

[Spoiler] How are the new Jasons going to work?

Title. What are your thoughts?

I honestly have no idea.

I think of a dream sequence with lil' kiddo.

But space Jason? I never liked the idea of a future Jason. Seemed like a comic book villian. How would you stop him? The Grendel map sounds cool tho.

Edited by Lootron
spoilers an' shit

They kinda boxed themselves into a corner with him. Half the fandom will want him playable and the other half won't.

From a lore perspective, it doesn't make a lot of sense. We never saw Kid Jason kill and he was only part of a dream sequence. Once he knew of his mother's death, he started killing. Plus him being beaten or killed by a bunch of counselors would be in poor taste. He's only a kid afterall.

It makes more sense perhaps if he's in singleplayer challenges. Perhaps one of the challenges is tipping over a canoe?

From a gameplay/lore perspective. Roy and Pamela make more sense to go alongside Part 10.

To be honest I don't know what to think of this Jason. It was a nice Easter egg to find, yes, but to play as him, no. It would look really terrible and hilarious to see him get ganged up on and beaten up as he already does as an adult. So I hope not.

@Lootron

You marked this thread as a spoiler...

Then you actually put the spoiler in the thread title.

Thanks?

edit: glad this was fixed by a mod,now it won't ruin things for others. Even though it's still tagged "kid jason"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

@Lootron

You marked this thread as a spoiler...

Then you actually put the spoiler in the thread title.

Thanks?

edit: glad this was fixed by a mod,now it won't ruin things for others. Even though it's still tagged "kid jason"

I didn't put spoiler in the title, a Mod did that. I just made the tag spoiler the prefix. 

I think of a dream sequence with kid Jason in the single player challegenes.

5 hours ago, silencedeffect said:

+ Fastest Run Speed 

- Can't Swim

It would be funny to see the boat start moving and use morph just for you to die bc he can't swim, i would laugh a lot ( the first time)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lootron said:

I didn't put spoiler in the title, a Mod did that. I just made the tag spoiler the prefix. 

I think of a dream sequence with kid Jason in the single player challegenes.

Your entire title was a spoiler by asking how "Kid Jason" was going to work.

17 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Your entire title was a spoiler by asking how "Kid Jason" was going to work.

Oh whoops lol

I don't understand why people don't like spoiler sometimes. If you told me the entire plot of the Last Jedi, I wouldn't mind.

I just realised that in a few weeks when everyone else has found the secret Jasons, they are going to make a thread just like this. They will get a few hundred replies, and I get none :( 

I think with Jason X you have to escape him, and you cant hurt him.

1 hour ago, Lootron said:

Oh whoops lol

I don't understand why people don't like spoiler sometimes. If you told me the entire plot of the Last Jedi, I wouldn't mind.

I just realised that in a few weeks when everyone else has found the secret Jasons, they are going to make a thread just like this. They will get a few hundred replies, and I get none :( 

so you spoiler to get a thread with a lot of answers? dude. wtf? spoilers are bad. mmmkay? people who post spoilers deserve a special place in hell. mmmmkay? 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

so you spoiler to get a thread with a lot of answers? dude. wtf? spoilers are bad. mmmkay? people who post spoilers deserve a special place in hell. mmmmkay? 

Spoilers are good imo.

It doesn't help I don't own the game. I'm trying to figure out about this shit xD 

I started a thread yesterday with a video of Jason (Uber) unmasked. It looks legit, with a few added mods from the youtuber. They took my thread down; to many new secrets are getting released. If you want the video you can message me!

• Like 1

I would love to have the video

2 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

I started a thread yesterday with a video of Jason (Uber) unmasked. It looks legit, with a few added mods from the youtuber. They took my thread down; to many new secrets are getting released. If you want the video you can message me!

I feel that with all the Pamela references sprinkled throughout this virtual cabin, they are priming to release her at some point.

1 minute ago, Redcat345 said:

I feel that with all the Pamela references sprinkled throughout this virtual cabin, they are priming to release her at some point.

I'm feeling the same way now.  I originally thought paranoia would just be a hard mode for mp (no minimaps, etc), and never expected anything that strayed far from the game as launched in terms of assets and gameplay.  It now seems they are branching out with a map based on the spaceship, and I no longer feel strongly they aren't willing to devote the resources to expand this game.  And to me its logical they get her in there since she is the first killer (even if I could care less about adding her), and by extension that paranoia revolves around her because she would be less likely to stick out like a sore thumb than Roy wearing a hockey mask.

All in all, I am now guessing Pamela is the center of paranoia mode, and that somehow baby Jason ties into the mode as well.   

I had a theory on a FB post this morning about "Kid Jason" that I shared.

With Paranoia being speculated to be Jason-Free, obviously the killer would not have super water speed...maybe trying to escape in the boat will put you in danger of "Kid Jason" trying to tip the boat/pull you under?

1 minute ago, TigerzordPower said:

With Paranoia being speculated to be Jason-Free, obviously the killer would not have super water speed...maybe trying to escape in the boat will put you in danger of "Kid Jason" trying to tip the boat/pull you under?

I like that theory.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TigerzordPower said:

That makes sense. When the "killer" enters the water, they become kid Jason and return to "mortal" when on land.

24 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That makes sense. When the "killer" enters the water, they become kid Jason and return to "mortal" when on land.

That's an interesting variation on my theory for sure. My idea would have put Kid Jason controlled by AI, but yours seems like a much better plan.

Kid Jason probably won't even be playable. He's likely there just for nostalgia or a throwback. Or just to have every Jason in the display room.

• Like 1

Who gives a shit about spoilers its a game not a secret movie plot. We knew we were getting new Jasons and a new map... What Jasons and maps are left?

Anyways Jason will probably be like all the other Jasons, just different ways to escape because of the different map. 

I don't think we'll get kid Jason. Uber Jason will be like any other Jason, with his own combination of traits. His traits will probably be built around power. Things like weapon strength, stun resistance, more hit points, destruction, stuff like that.

• Like 1