Sign in to follow this  
tinosaurus

Fear should have benefits

So i've been thinking about this for a long time and i have came up with an idea, and thats why i am currently writing this atm. So, since adrenaline kinda gives you a ''boost'' when scared/or in a situation like the counselors are in the game,  so i think there should be an ability for the counselors to use when scared. I would be called as ''Adrenaline Rush'' and would give you a limited time boost. So, lets say that you have your fear up a little bit, and Jason is near you. You activate the ability, and you get a boost to your stats; probably 5% per fear level. (I consider 1 level as 5 percents) The stats that would get a boost of this would be Strength, Speed, Stamina and Luck.

So, when your fear is up to 25%, you would obviously get a 25% boost to your stats etc. But, the length of the boost would be like this;

5% fear = 30 sec

10% fear  = 1 minute and 30 seconds

15% fear = 2 minutes

20% fear = 2 minutes and 30 seconds

25% fear = 3 minutes

50% fear = 1 minute and 30 seconds

75% fear = 45 seconds

100% fear = 30 seconds

And thats basically it. The reason why i lowered the time limit down when coming onto the higher percents of fear was because if for example, AJ would have 100% boost on her stats for 3 minutes, it would be basically overpowered if she would have all stats at the highest level for the 3 minutes of the boost.

So, thanks for reading

@tinosaurus First off, welcome to the forums.

Second, good luck with all the shit the community is about to give you for this... The general consensus is that counselors are too OP as it is and nothing should be done to add to that. I don't see this going over very well. If the counselors were less of a threat to (poor) Jason players, I could see this being a welcome idea, but right now not so much.

Don't let that keep you from posting your thoughts/ideas though!

Personally, even as someone who mains counselor, I disagree with fear giving benefits. There are perks that can simulate the "fight or flight" scenario (e.g. adrenaline rush), and realistically speaking counselors who give in to fear quicker should be penaltized for fear because they can undo fear faster.

In real life fear causes people to do irrational things, and it causes several changes in the body that are good short term but terrible long term (look up adrenaline as well as what it does to the human body). Sure, high fear can kick in "fight" syndrome by turning people more vicious, but against a supernatural mass murderer that would only take you so far. If this idea were implemented, it would need to have penalties that would significantly eclipse the benefits of a counselor adrenaline rush. That would make for some interesting gameplay, albeit its unnecessary for the gameplay ATM.