Fooobar

Offline bots - not that bright

After two matches (one normal and one hard), this is my reflections:

- The Tommy bot is such a coward. He is hiding and doing nothing. Had to wait for rage to find him.

- Chase a counselor into the water and they will start swim and you can kill them. They like to swim in circles.

- Almost all bots have a pocket knife.

• Like 1

I think the issue with the Tommy bot is that he's programmed to be a 'hero', so when he's the last one left he gets confused and has no clue what to do. 

4 hours ago, Fooobar said:

After two matches (one normal and one hard), this is my reflections:

- The Tommy bot is such a coward. He is hiding and doing nothing. Had to wait for rage to find him.

- Chase a counselor into the water and they will start swim and you can kill them. They like to swim in circles.

- Almost all bots have a pocket knife.

This is untrue, I tested yesterday items they would pick up. By rage (all counselors alive) only Tommy and a Vanessa had pocket knives. Most others were carrying objective parts and pipes :D 

I've had mixed matches. One match Shelly got the car going and picked up another rider but I stopped them and got both of them despite some fighting from AJ after she got out of the car.  Other match just random running around and they are right about the water as it seems I see bots going in the water more often then real players. Oh well having fun and practicing and getting leveled up so I'm good for now.

- Bots do not hide in tents or closets outside

- Bots swim in circles in the water

- Bots seemed smarter on Easy mode vs Hard

- Tommy doesnt fight back much, he likes to hide more often than not

- Bots seem to have a slight delay to start moving if you spawn on them at the start of the match (maybe 10secs before they decide to move)

- Some bots like to keep going in and out the same window right infront of you for easy kills

- Bots will not use their weapons most times or healing until later when it wouldnt make sense. Example I hacked a bot and they ran from me for a couple mins then FINALLY decided to use their med spray

- Played over 10 games so far and these are the big issues I have found

Edit: ok well one finally hid outside once all cabin doors were smashed and after she shot me inside the cabin, the 'moon' closet was just outside of the cabin

Quick tip: Play on Easy. The bots suddenly become way smarter all of a sudden. I say "Easy" was meant to be "Hard" but something screwed up along the way.

on one of the small maps,  two counselors were in the same cabin and hid in cabinets but the doors didn't close so you could see them just standing in there. you couldn't grab them, though. you needed to use good ol' seek and destroy. speaking of which, there's so much of that in the game. 

the only time I've even seen shelly was in a cabinet. 

I recorded the Tommy bot expoliting the game and walking out of the map. He better watch out he could be banned for having bad ai. 😄

Tommy is the worst bot in the game. I watched him take the 4 seater and try to escape alone. Then he got stuck opening a drawer repeatedly.

His favorite thing to do is hide under a bed for 20 minutes.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I recorded the Tommy bot expoliting the game and walking out of the map. He better watch out he could be banned for having bad ai. 😄

Tommy is the worst bot in the game. I watched him take the 4 seater and try to escape alone. Then he got stuck opening a drawer repeatedly.

His favorite thing to do is hide under a bed for 20 minutes.

I had an AJ survive the night because she pulled a launch-era under bridge glitch on Jarvis map. Couldn't hit her, knife her, or drown her...she just sat there treading water until the clock ran out.

Just superb work on the AI. Next thing you know, they'll be using traps to roof glitch....

• Haha 1

The bots are a pain in the ass.

They keep hiding under beds and in clostes, or run to the water and swim in circles.

So its hard to preform environmental kills.

They dont hide in tents or closets outside.

The lack of hiding in tents or outdoors hiding places is my main gripe so far.

I think this is a good showcase as to why there is no Jason AI and why it would be a bad thing right now.

Still, I enjoy these bots.

My main gripe is that the kills and such count for Achievements, but it doesn't record progress in your badges, therefore any accumulative achievements are not possible to get.

Killing your first counselor, Killing one via fireplace, killing one via Machete dismemberment kill, and killing one with the sleeping bag are the only ones (currently) able to be obtained.

I'd really like it if all Jason related achievements could be obtained in Offline and if the Jason badges actually kept their score.

Still, at least we get Exp and CP for it.

This is on pc.  I put the settings on hard and I decided to sit back and see what the bots can actually do without me getting in the way.  Give them a good head start.  They actually managed to fix up a car, call Tommy and call the police(none went for the sweater). Things got strange after that though.  One of the bots started up the car and rammed in right into a tree and sat there.  The police showed up but there was no sense of urgency in escaping.  I killed the one stuck sitting in the car and another that was out of breath running against a tree(both had knives so that was a nice surprise).   Tommy showed up but just stood there.  A few others jumped into hiding spots in plain view and didn’t move. I went into stalk, moved away and nope, didn’t leave their spot.  Some kept jumping in and out of windows.  One actually committed suicide on a broken window lol.  Needs some tweaking but it’s a lot better than I had expected.  

Apparently friendly fire is ON for bots...a shotgun-wielding Chad tried to shoot me after I grabbed a Deb, and it killed her. 7/8 that round bc she was betrayed :/

I would hope future updates will fix these issues. Remember this is the first one with bots so I didn't expect too much.

I tried another experiment.  I stayed far away from all of the bots just to see what would happen.  I did this on easy and hard and didn’t really notice a difference.  They called the cops in a short period of time, that was good.  However, only two actually used that escape.  The rest were going in and out of windows or carrying car parts around aimlessly(I think they may have gotten the gas in).  At the 2 minute mark, no change.  They refused to leave lol.  I was hoping to see them start the car up again but no luck.  

Next match I cut the power to maybe put some pressure on them.  Didn’t change anything. I stood at the exit by the police and the one bot that came by screamed, ran and hid in a cabin.  

Are the bots amazingly hard? No.

If they were you guys would just cry that it is "broken"... 

I mean, it must of been really tough for programmers for a multiplayer game to program NPC to do things logically. They do need tuned. Easy is way way too easy and hard isn't quite hard enough I guess.

I'm sure they will tune them some later down the road. For now, with weak Jason setup... playing 7 bots on HARD setting still presents a fair challenge.