PlayerAgainstTheMachine

[Spoilers] Future confirmed content.

So I think we completed the Virtual Cabin! But in the end you may notice you can go to Grendel, later then Uber Jason kills you and then says "Grendel and Uber Jason coming soon". So this make me think, they could change the map and Jason and we could get them in the next update (2018), and even counselors with a space-theme like it was Jason X, if I am right, I hope it doesn't damage the 80's vibe with some weird space theme. What we could see seems pretty good, I don't know how is gonna work and how you could find items but I like it how it looked.

As much as I’m sure some people are ecstatic to get Uber Jason. I say keep him and give us Pamela, the OG killer and roll out Roy/Paranoia game mode. As much a hardcore sci-fi fan I am, I’ve never been into Jason X. We need dedicated servers, live XP, and a fix for the 100% big. Also we need more customizations to fit user preference. We want more ways to randomize the experience. Fans are still waiting on a ‘Forest Green’ map, a Pinehurst Halfway House map, a Lazarus map, and Wessex County Medical Center maps. Part 5/Roy/Paranoia better roll out with one of these... anyway, I’m sure Uber Jason is going to be cool and all, but that should be one of the last maps/Jasons they do. We’re still missing settings for half the franchise that came before. 

• Like 1

If the game is truly to be a digital museum of the main series, then we need a Pamela model in the Virtual Cabin. If child Jason got in, as a featured killer, she needs a glass case to herself at least.

In an ideal world, I'd like maps for each film, but it's fine if we don't get those. But we really need a playable Roy and Jason X too. It's not a complete product without them.

Give me a Pamela model, a playable Roy and Jason X, and two more classic maps after the Grendel, and I'd be happy.

It looks like Roy is in due to the Paranoia teaser, but every indication so far is that Jason X won't, which sucks. The Virtual Cabin has no more space in the basement, and Uber's model gets the designated Jason X case.

5 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

If the game is truly to be a digital museum of the main series, then we need a Pamela model in the Virtual Cabin. If child Jason got in, as a featured killer, she needs a glass case to herself at least.

In an ideal world, I'd like maps for each film, but it's fine if we don't get those. But we really need a playable Roy and Jason X too. It's not a complete product without them.

Give me a Pamela model, a playable Roy and Jason X, and two more classic maps after the Grendel, and I'd be happy.

It looks like Roy is in due to the Paranoia teaser, but every indication so far is that Jason X won't, which sucks. The Virtual Cabin has no more space in the basement, and Uber's model gets the designated Jason X case.

I agree, Pamela and Roy need to be added, they could expand the basement of the cabin for their cases, especially since the whole cabin is a holodeck simulation aboard the Grendel as indicated by the glitches. Pamela and Roy need to be added because it's wrong to not to include the main killers from parts 1&5.

1 minute ago, Redcat345 said:

I agree, Pamela and Roy need to be added, they could expand the basement of the cabin for their cases, especially since the whole cabin is a holodeck simulation aboard the Grendel as indicated by the glitches. Pamela and Roy need to be added because it's wrong to not to include the main killers from parts 1&5.

I don't mind them getting an annex out the locked back door, as that room is purely Jason at the moment, but X should definitely be in there with the rest.

I agree with Roy and Pamela being added.

I can understand if Jason X/Grendel is next.

The complaints about woods and cabins, woods and cabins, woods and cabins, etc.

The need for the next map to be entirely different. Whether it was Mahatten/Lazurus/Grendal was sorely needed. It doesn't mean they can't go back and make maps based on locations from the other films in the woods or Part 8 in particular.

5 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

This was supposed to be a surprise. Y'all just ruined it!

Gun ruined it by releasing the update for PS4 first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't even think that grendel will be this different. I guess they will use the fact that there are holodecks on the ship like they did with VC 2.0. That way they don't have to get rid of anything that is in the game already. They can insert the effect that the holodeck is unstable and that you can see behind the illusion or sonething like that. I wouldn' bet on the fact that Grendel will be completly different from what we know.

1 minute ago, kitcat said:

They didnt ruin anything. I mean the people who posted the info in threads that didnt say SPOILERS are assholes, thats all. This is why when I made the EE thread I didnt leak any details in the actual title.

Fact is the community pulled through and worked hard for a good 6-8 hours last night.

For real, they did. And they deserve to eat crow over it too. Not even excusable anymore for the way they handle content/updates. Amateur hour for ever apparently. 

I thought the Virtual Cabin was well put together. I didn't notice a single bug.

That said, Jason's reach should still be extended. He still feels neutered without it. Maybe not as long as before, but you shouldn't have to chase someone who is clearly not getting away for so long. 

The short length grab and melee extend the chase for way too long. Also, if you know how to surprise attack Jason during the chase, there's no way Jason can efficiently get grab kills.

At this point, grab kills are for people who just want to see them. They are entirely inefficient. Risking it to see one can provide enough time for the skilled counselors to do anything they need to.

Let's be honest here, if Jason is within 5.5 feet of you, it should be game over without a knife or combat. The Oct. 11 balance had it where you could surprise Jason during the chase, but only if you surprised the Jason player. Currently, if timed correctly, Jason will never grab you if you perform the very same aforementioned surprise attack. His reach is too short to counteract it.

6 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Agree, I would love have a classic map like but with something different like Crystal Lake Town or Pinehurst and then The Grendel. I still wish they bring Pamela back.

I think the Lazarus might be a possibility too, judging from that pamphlet upstairs...

I would love to see a town or hospital map. Or just more varied maps in general. I'm ready to leave camp. 

1 hour ago, Caulus said:

I thought the Virtual Cabin was well put together. I didn't notice a single bug.

That said, Jason's reach should still be extended. He still feels neutered without it. Maybe not as long as before, but you shouldn't have to chase someone who is clearly not getting away for so long. 

The short length grab and melee extend the chase for way too long. Also, if you know how to surprise attack Jason during the chase, there's no way Jason can efficiently get grab kills.

At this point, grab kills are for people who just want to see them. They are entirely inefficient. Risking it to see one can provide enough time for the skilled counselors to do anything they need to.

Let's be honest here, if Jason is within 5.5 feet of you, it should be game over without a knife or combat. The Oct. 11 balance had it where you could surprise Jason during the chase, but only if you surprised the Jason player. Currently, if timed correctly, Jason will never grab you if you perform the very same aforementioned surprise attack. His reach is too short to counteract it.

I agree, the grab range is terrible. However, in the latest update, Jason can now see what trap has been undone by counselors, and can trap the car doors. Those 2 changes can be game changers.

1 hour ago, Brevator said:

I think the Lazarus might be a possibility too, judging from that pamphlet upstairs...

I would love to see a town or hospital map. Or just more varied maps in general. I'm ready to leave camp. 

It is kinda obvious next map and Jason will be from Jason X, they got the Uber Jason modeled and got a lot of assets for The Grendel. I guess I will have to wait to have maps like Crystal Lake Town, Pinehurst, Lazarus or The Vorhees Mansion.

I think Pinehurst is next and that the Jason X content is still at least four months away. Just having some Grendel assets done doesn't mean it is almost ready. It's a much larger undertaking than any other map.

Virtual cabin was ok. But I need Pamela, they should make her for us to slaughter bots with. She could easily handle 7 bots, Roy too.

3 hours ago, kitcat said:

3 hours ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

For real, they did. And they deserve to eat crow over it too. Not even excusable anymore for the way they handle content/updates. Amateur hour for ever apparently. 

Gun has no say whatsoever in how Steam and Microsoft handle patch updates. Also, this topic warns you there are spoilers ahead.

4 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It is kinda obvious next map and Jason will be from Jason X, they got the Uber Jason modeled and got a lot of assets for The Grendel. I guess I will have to wait to have maps like Crystal Lake Town, Pinehurst, Lazarus or The Vorhees Mansion.

We might get the Voorhees map sooner than you think...

4 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Virtual cabin was ok. But I need Pamela, they should make her for us to slaughter bots with. She could easily handle 7 bots, Roy too.

We haven't found everything. I think there is one more secret in there. I believe the reveal is most likely the Voorhees house map.

Seriously, we haven't finished the Virtual Cabin.

Edit: We haven't found the second placement for Pamela's patch. Also, when you replace her head she says 'Come home Jason, you know the way."

Edit 2: Also, there was no payoff for the Jason Goes to Hell diorama. The booze keg. A few loose ends.

The new maps coming are the Grendel and I'm pretty sure...the Lazarus. There's too many hints to the Lazarus ship and Manhattan area. We have 4 maps and with Lazarus and Grendel, it puts us at 6 maps. I could see them releasing 2 more to make 8.

1. Crystal Lake

2. Higgins Haven

3. Packanack

4. Jarvis House

5. Lazarus

6. Manhattan (docks/subway/sewer/times square)

7. Voorhees' Mansion

8. Grendel 

I could see them releasing Pamela in some way in the future. The game would just not be complete without her. It wouldn't be the ultimate F13 game.