Mr. Blonde

The Game Favors Counselors EVEN More This Patch

This is unbelievable but it will be my final rant. So a full day of playing the new balance and big update with my group of friends today. Lot of these guys stopped playing during week one of the last patch with Part 3 Jason release because of the countless nerfs to Jason and how boring and repetitive playing counselors has become... Well today being patch day created a big reunion of players on my list that I haven't seen on in months. Today was the day. We were going to finally try and have fun as counselors hoping it'd be "challenging" and that playing Jason would feel like playing a supernatural undead serial killer...

We played for about eight hours straight (literally just got done playing as I'm typing this) and Jason still gets bullied by groups of counselors who have half a brain, common sense, or more than 100 hours into the game.

Are windows fixed? Nope. Still invinicble-shield havens for counselors to slowly crawl back and fourth through. Windows are still a nightmare for Jason to break properly without wasting valuable time.

Is Jason's melee hit detection fixed? Nope. Horrendous weapon hitboxes that whiff half of the time and atrocious tracking. God forbid there's a door frame or a wall a foot away and WELP, there goes your weapon magically swinging through a counselor for no damage! Don't forget the added penalty of Jason's weapon randomly getting stuck into a door or wall for 10 seconds, but a counselor can swing an axe into a wall and recovery almost instantly!

Is Morph fixed? Nope. Morph still has terrible pin-point detection and not enough accurate point markers. As Jason today, I morphed about half a map length in front of a car, clicking directly in the MIDDLE of the road only for the game to redirect my morph far left close by to the woods. WTF?!

Speaking of cars, did developers finally add a manual "Smash Button" action prompt for when Jason touches behind the car? Nope. Back pedaling in car and reverse juking through woods with car is still overly difficult to stop if counselors knows how to tap the breaks to counter-trigger Jason being able to smash the car from behind.

How about Jason Part 7. He was finally fixed, right...? You know, the coolest Jason with his iconic machete? Nope. Part 7 is still a complete pile of garbage that is only usable against random pub search games and NOT against real teams of counselors that work together, fully communicate, and know how to play.

Was overpowered Hypochondriac and Medic perks finally fixed and brought down to Earth with the other perks? Nope. These two perks are still broken and STILL make Jason's traps completely useless since tanking a trap and healing is so easy that even a cave man can do it! At least counselors can't block against Jason's throwing knives... Oh, oops, devs still didn't fix that issue with throwing knives. Maybe they forgot... Just kidding. They don't care.

You know what's even worse with this patch aside from all of the integral issues to Jason's core design? The new addition of camp fire SPAWNS for counselors. Literally it was like Christmas today when playing as a counselor and going to a campfire. There was countless shotguns, med sprays, pocket knives, etc. My last match playing as Deborah today I spawned by a campfire and I immediately found a shotgun, a pocket knife, and a medspray... Why is this even a thing? Do the developers even care about the balance of the game anymore? This game is becoming more and more like Left 4 Dead shoot 'em up and pinata brawl than an actual horror survival game that's supposed to be "based on the films".

Virtual Cabin was fun but it's not as important or will keep the game alive as the multiplayer for me... Oh, well. At least we will be able to see the mighty uber Jason X get stunned and dropped to his ass by a Deborah with a frying pan soon! LOL!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

This will intensify. I have yet to lose a single counselor since the update where they nerfed Jason's grab and changed many other aspects of the balance. This is because the average player is terrible and does not cooperate with others. Counselors bullying Jason is something that only happens when the lobby is full of coordinated level 101s playing meta characters. I think the devs would rather balance the game around the average match than high-end play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

This will intensify. I have yet to lose a single counselor since the update where they nerfed Jason's grab and changed many other aspects of the balance. This is because the average player is terrible and does not cooperate with others. Counselors bullying Jason is something that only happens when the lobby is full of coordinated level 101s playing meta characters. I think the devs would rather balance the game around the average match than high-end play.

It makes sense.  Majority of the hardcore players have left and it is a very casual heavy game now.  High end play is probably rare because of that.  On Xbox half of the 90 LFG posts I just saw right now are fake chick/bot accounts looking to scam people.  Have had it happen to me numerous times where I played a game and then all of a sudden I am being blown up by a bot on my messages.  The other half is split between cheaters/trolls looking to exploit or are legit people who want to group up because they're tired of having the host or Jason rage quit game after game.  

I feel like morph is way worse now. I was morphing to same spots I usually do and ending up nowhere where I use to. Made it easy for counselor to escape when I morph to the car but end up far left. That’s ridiculous. I cannot agree more with you.

Well if shotguns are randomly spawning at all the camp sites now. The only logic I can think of behind that is they plan on buffing Jason quite a bit in the 'balance' update next month and they know its going to cause a tidalwave of backlash from you guessed it...counselor players. The pendelum swings back the other way like during the beta Jason days.

Otherwise, I guess maybe its to help Randy's survival rate.

tumblr_nuwpwjKcLj1tf76g1o1_400.gif

Nothing like seeing an undead, supernatural  behemoth consistently get the shit kicked out of him by a teenage girl with a wrench. That’s definitely the movies I grew up watching.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Archgamer said:

The increase in shotguns, pocket knives and med sprays went overboard. They are stupid for allowing that to happen.

I will hold out until I see how many new items are added on the PC, but this is worrisome.  I expect to get hit by 5 or so pocketknives at least per match. I put a lot of effort into swing/wounding a person first, and still need to deal with Medspray spam heal, run away common play.  More guns is just another easy way to stun Jason.

20 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Ok, so your telling us what a complete mess this game is, but you played for 8 straight hours? I don't know about you guys, but if my girlfriend is giving me a blow job and scraping my head with her teeth, I'm not gonna keep letting her do it for 8 hours! 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, humerabi said:

I don't know about you guys, but if my girlfriend is giving me a blow job and scraping my head with her teeth, I'm not gonna keep letting her do it for 8 hours! 

LMFAO!

You do have a point though.

And pretty much nothing that OP complained about was mentioned in the patch notes. Why would you expect these changes if they were never brought up by the devs?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

This is like the 100th times you said this would be your last post. You have complained about this game since day one, so I am not surprised at all by your comments.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 1:19 AM, Mr. Blonde said:

Right from the jump you’re behind the curve. This update, as the devs PLAINLY stated, was NOT a balance update. It was a content update. I agree that the window issue and hit detection needs a fix, but things like morph work as intended. It’s not supposed to be pin point accurate. Either way they stated those fixes wouldn’t be in this update. This was a huge content update. New level cap, new skins, new character, new kills, offline mode AND Virtual Cabin 2.0. That’s a massive update. Those bug and balance issues that are desperately needed are (hopefully) coming soon, but those of us who pay attention knew they weren’t going to be in this patch. 

• Like 3

What would really kill the multiplayer game is letting the 7/8 non Jason players feel they are playing a pre-determined and pointless endeavor each round.    

14 hours ago, Archgamer said:

The increase in shotguns, pocket knives and med sprays went overboard. They are stupid for allowing that to happen.

They increased those? Bloody hell! *Eye roll*

15 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Right from the jump you’re behind the curve. This update, as the devs PLAINLY stated, was NOT a balance update. It was a content update. I agree that the window issue and hit detection needs a fix, but things like morph work as intended. It’s not supposed to be pin point accurate. Either way they stated those fixes wouldn’t be in this update. This was a huge content update. New level cap, new skins, new character, new kills, offline mode AND Virtual Cabin 2.0. That’s a massive update. Those bug and balance issues that are desperately needed and (hopefully) coming soon, but those of us who pay attention knew they weren’t going to be in this patch. 

Really pays off to read sometimes, doesn't it?

4 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

What would really kill the multiplayer game is letting the 7/8 non Jason players feel they are playing a pre-determined and pointless endeavor each round.    

So you're saying they need all this to compete? Patently false.

Thank god, I was getting tired of having to use both hands to win as counselor. Rolling face across the keys is so much more soothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manny1985 said:

This is like the 100th times you said this would be your last post. You have complained about this game since day one, so I am not surprised at all by your comments.

Will this be the last complain from Mr. Blonde? Will Jason be great again? Stay tuned for the special of 1 hour....soon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Confused Counsellor said:

So you're saying they need all this to compete? Patently false.

Nope - never said that.  What I am saying is the endless dramatic complaints that counselor's have it too easy now, and that: a) its killing the game for the posters and making their mothers cry; and b- going to kill the player base, are quite likely getting b totally wrong.  My belief is that for every person on here complaining its too easy, its not realistic enough, etc., etc., there are probably a thousand people who bought the game and decided its not fun for them because they do nothing but die every round.  I simply do not buy the theory that despite massive success the player count is really low because 7/8 people feel they have it too easy in a game that I routinely see kill counts closer to 7/8 than 2/8.      

9 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Nope - never said that.  What I am saying is the endless dramatic complaints that counselor's have it too easy now, and that: a) its killing the game for the posters and making their mothers cry; and b- going to kill the player base, are quite likely getting b totally wrong.  My belief is that for every person on here complaining its too easy, its not realistic enough, etc., etc., there are probably a thousand people who bought the game and decided its not fun for them because they do nothing but die every round.  I simply do not buy the theory that despite massive success the player count is really low because 7/8 people feel they have it too easy in a game that I routinely see kill counts closer to 7/8 than 2/8.      

I agree with you to an extent. But the game is just going to become piñata Jason. The people that will attract will get bored before long. They won't have the staying power of the core. There are many newbs around atm who can be preyed on by a decent Jason. In fact many I have seen have no notion of anything except hitting Jason and quitting when they are grabbed

3 minutes ago, Confused Counsellor said:

I agree with you to an extent. But the game is just going to become piñata Jason. The people that will attract will get bored before long. They won't have the staying power of the core. There are many newbs around atm who can be preyed on by a decent Jason. In fact many I have seen have no notion of anything except hitting Jason and quitting when they are grabbed

And I also agree with you to an extent as well.  Making it too easy would be stupid and balance is necessary.  But if they are trying to avoid a dwindling player base, they should start with changes that help 7/8 instead of 1/8, and balance from there.  Its just math.