I know I know it’s way too early to start criticizing about the bots but im only pointing out so they improve the bots performance when against Jason, I really don’t mind the devs tweaking the AI a little more in the future.

Problems:

-Councelors often run at Jason to try to get past him or swing at Jason which ends up super delayed.

-They awkwardly run into the car without actually interacting with it.

-The bots seem to love jumping through closed windows even when Jason is far enough for them to open and safely vault through.

-I don’t think they’re aware about the Med Sprays in the bathrooms. (Such as the large cabins.)

-They get stuck trying to get on the stairs if they try to run from the side of it.

-They vault windows when Jason is literally on the side they’re going to.

-Inability to lock doors.

-They don’t seem to ever use Med Spray...

-They have trouble navigating irregular shaped walls. (Rock walls for example.)

-Swimming circles is hilariously common.

Survival Improvements for Hard and Normal Bots:

-Characters with low repair should drop the parts at the objectives unless all the smart Councelors die, they’ll repair it themselves.

-They should only fight when injured, cornered or rescuing a Councelor.

-Hard mode bots should stop and leave the car instead of ramming it into Jason.

-Tommy should try always to be in Jason’s vicinity. But if he has a important part Tommy instead rushes to get the objective completed.

-Characters with strength higher than 6 should bodyguard smart characters unless they don’t have a weapon to do so.

-Chad needs to stop being a dick. (Not to be taken seriously as a improvement.) 

-Bots should try to stick to roads to avoid bad pathing unless they have no choice to go off road.

-They really need to learn how to save each other from grabs.

-Hidden bots should run away if Jason breaks the wrong hiding spots.

-Hard bots should use every sleezy trick they can pull to survive.

EDIT: New discoveries

-Tommy will open and close the drawers repeatly if he already has a walkie or map.

-They get stuck on rocks.

-They get stuck behind doors if the door is in a tight corridor.

-Bots won’t pick up some items that aren’t in drawers. (They walk past some med sprays or knives that are in the camp sites for example.)

-Bots sometimes will constantly swap weapons over and over. (Bats to Flaregun loop is common.)

-They never hide in outdoor areas.

-Tommy does nothing at Crystal Lake. 

-They keep flickering their flashlights when hiding.

-Males share Adam’s screaming voice.

A7B65400-D3E5-400B-B4A7-5F267D793834.gif.6c9d618b828cf5698e031e6a1647df44.gif

• Like 4

At least we have another option for playing this game... they'll take our feedback and fix what we find. Until then, just be happy you're not stuck with quickplay anymore...

We wanted everyone to be able to experience this game mode as soon as it was in a playable state and there are a quite lot of optimizations that we have already made to the bots for the upcoming patch. The AI is something that we are constantly going to be working to improve upon and all the community feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another thing when Tommy Jarvis spawns in he usually gets stuck openin and closing a drawer in the Cabin unless you hit or grab him.  

So what i did was run the hard mode with 7 counselors, higgins haven map large 7 times so far.The results were the same. The full game play of it i also uploaded. Im going to do it while livestreaming later.

yes sir amongst the counselors going into the water etc Everytime!

I threw knives a few times he would heal and go right back to the drawers. I grabbed him, he did the same thing.

I wanted to see if they would attempt to kill me on hard is why i didnt fight. I wanted to see there patterns. Etc.

Any chance of adding the option to customize which bots (including clothing, as some other have suggested) appear in the match? (pretty please :) )

• Like 1

Looks like the glitch occurs when he opens a draw on an item he already has in his inventory when he starts in the match...

walkie /map/ 

i am sure it will get patched out probably a simple fix like remove map and walkie from his inventory before entering match.

22 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We wanted everyone to be able to experience this game mode as soon as it was in a playable state and there are a quite lot of optimizations that we have already made to the bots for the upcoming patch. The AI is something that we are constantly going to be working to improve upon and all the community feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.

That’s exactly what I was expecting and personally I’m cool with it. Thanks for the info, and the new content. :)

For me, Tommy often just stand at the camp site he spawned at. I grabbed him multiple times and took him closer to fire for at the end cook him. 

Glitch with the bots:

First, I just wanna say that the offline mode saved this game for me.  I was ready to throw in the towel and delete this game.  I haven't played a single online session since the offline mode dropped.  I'm having fun with it.  Thanks.  The bots aren't perfect, but it is still a really great escape from the multiplayer aspect of the game.  But.....there is always a but.  One MAJOR issue is this:  if you have a counselor by the throat and another bot shoots you with the gun, you may become glitched in an unmovable state.  This happened to me inside the main Higgins building.  I was going for the boom box kill and Shelley shot me.  He killed the other bot (which I found funny) but then I was stuck in the choke pose and couldn't move at all.  I couldn't change my camera, couldn't do anything.  I was well out of the stun phase.  I had the kill prompts up still and the x for the boom box but could not move.  @ShiftySamurai.  May want to pass this info on.  Thanks.  

Edit:  there is also a voice issue.  Voices not matching up.  Seems most of the guys are using Adam's scream.  I also had a buggzy using AJ's voice.  That was comical.     Seems like the voices are off.  All of this has been in offline mode.  Not sure about online.  Thanks again.  The bots are a great way to play.  

"Chad needs to stop being a d***" :) I had an offline match with only few survivors left, and someone managed to start the car. I morphed to them and guess who it was?

Chad, all alone :D BUT he was driving slowly af and apparently waiting for another counselor!!! No kidding. Has anyone else experienced counselors driving really slowly?