Sign in to follow this  
Switters

Confirmed: Offline Bot matches do NOT count toward The Sequel/The Final Chapter Trophies

Have a friend who only recently bought the game and confirmed; he'd never played a match as Jason and I had him go into an Offline Bot match and when it ended he did pop the trophy for "First Blood" (Kill 1 counselor), but not "It's Friday the 13th" (Play 1 multiplayer match as Jason), so Offline Bot matches will definitely not contribute to the 500/1000 matches needed as Jason to pop the two trophies.

I can confirm that the bots don't count towards the badges count, complete kills in a match (7 or 8 counselors), but they do count for the fireplace environmental kill trophy (Cooking with Jason), and the Dismemberment Kill of Part 7 Jason when you do them. XP and CP count as normal.

Like the main game, they also have a few glitches - one of which is Super Kenny here - I think he must have tried to come out from under the bed around the same time I was going to axe him through it - still you've got to laugh, haven't you? 5a3896aa2b87d_SuperKennyF13.thumb.jpg.c6dd29f962f2ad9cf69d1df40ce74765.jpg

1 minute ago, deathbat96777 said:

What about the ones for 666 and 1,313 kills?

Those should work just fine, like I said my friend got the trophy for his first kill as Jason, should work for the 666 and 1313 as well.

I hope so, that's the whole reason i wanted offline bots. No way I can do that online. Even though my spawn preference is Jason, I only get picked like once every 6 hours. Being a full time college student and working weekends, i can't see squeezing in enough time to kill 1,313 counselors through online matches.

1 hour ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I am on Xbox One. Waiting on the patch to release to confirm this.

Assuming that's true, why wouldn't the trophy have popped for my friend's first Multi-Player match as Jason?

@Switters

Anything with multiplayer in the achievement/trophy will require online multiplayer.

Maybe someone can test on the PS4 which achievements work with offline bots and make a list.

3 hours ago, Switters said:

"It's Friday the 13th" (Play 1 multiplayer match as Jason), 

A multiplayer match implies that you are playing against other players. I don't see any reason why single-player mode would pad anyone's "multiplayer match" stats. Am I missing something here?

4 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

A multiplayer match implies that you are playing against other players. I don't see any reason why single-player mode would pad anyone's "multiplayer match" stats. Am I missing something here?

NOPE ID SAY YOU ARE CORRECT

5 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

The tweet quoted in this thread seems to show someone asking the official game account if the 1000 matches as Jason achievement can be unlocked offline and they answer yes.

Edited by Jds255
Misunderstanding

29 minutes ago, Jds255 said:

The tweet quoted in this thread seems to show someone asking the official game account if the 1000 matches as Jason achievement can be unlocked offline and they answer yes.

Anyone that has been around this game for a while knows that the "official" Ft13th Support Twitter page gives errant information fairy regularly. You may be able to unlock some trophies in single player, but it doesn't make any sense to unlock multiplayer achievements in single player mode.

45 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Anyone that has been around this game for a while knows that the "official" Ft13th Support Twitter page gives errant information fairy regularly. 

Lol, sad but true

I don't remember the exact wording for the 500 and 1000-Jason-Match-Achievements. Is it 1000 matches or Multiplayer Matches? The "1 Jason Match" achievement especially states multiplayer, though.

43 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I don't remember the exact wording for the 500 and 1000-Jason-Match-Achievements. Is it 1000 matches or Multiplayer Matches? The "1 Jason Match" achievement especially states multiplayer, though.

the 500 and 1000 one also. i hope they finally stop leavers at least. the 1000 achievement on steam takes you propaply 1500 hours. with privat matches (console players note that for a private match you have to be friends outside the game, so it´s not as easy to get one as on console). 2200h in QP and beeing a good sport not leaving games. it´s basically unreachable for people who work 40 hours and refuse to break rules for an achievment.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

the 500 and 1000 one also. 

Was about to write this aswell after I got home. The "counselor kill quotas" in achievements don't seem to have a multiplayer restriction, so maybe this is what the Twitter was referring to.

Is this trophy glitched? I've played more than a 1000 matches with Jason and it still hasn't unlocked

I can confirm that you CANNOT get the trophies for 13/666/1313 kills as Jason in offline bot matches. I logged onto an old account on PSN that has no progress in F13 and tried some of the easy ones. I was able to get the trophy for 1st kill as Jason along with the fireplace and door smash kill trophies. However I was not able to get the trophies for killing all 7 counselors and Jarvis in the same match. Also when I tried to get the trophy for killing 13 counselors it never unlocked, even though I played 3 matches and killed all 8 bots each time. 

49 minutes ago, Graverob said:

I can confirm that you CANNOT get the trophies for 13/666/1313 kills as Jason in offline bot matches. I logged onto an old account on PSN that has no progress in F13 and tried some of the easy ones. I was able to get the trophy for 1st kill as Jason along with the fireplace and door smash kill trophies. However I was not able to get the trophies for killing all 7 counselors and Jarvis in the same match. Also when I tried to get the trophy for killing 13 counselors it never unlocked, even though I played 3 matches and killed all 8 bots each time. 

I got the 666 kills from bots, but not the 1313.  Seems like that one may not unlock.  I've played a ton of bot matches since the 666 and have yet to get that trophy.  So, maybe it doesn't unlock with bots. 

Seems like 1 kill and 666 kills work.

But maybe not 13 or 1313?

Or maybe they do add up, but to get the trophy, your 666th kill and/or 1313th must be done online?

Who knows?!

3 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Seems like 1 kill and 666 kills work.

But maybe not 13 or 1313?

Or maybe they do add up, but to get the trophy, your 666th kill and/or 1313th must be done online?

Who knows?!

It's so confusing. I earned the 666 kills before the offline bots came out wanted to earn the 1313 kills, I know that I've done enough matches to get it offline but it hasn't unlocked.