Sign in to follow this  
Frighteningicon

Disney's Next Big buy

Don't know if there's any pro wrestling fans here, but I keep hearing a rumor that Disney is actually looking to buy the WWE next how do you guys think this will affect the wrestling business? if it happens

McMahon has already turned the WWE into the pussified crap that it is today.  He may as well sell it and get out of it.  I miss the days of NWO and DX.   Those were great days.  And the golden era of the 80s.  The mystery is gone.  The curtain has been pulled back and there are no secrets anymore.  I used to be a pro wrestler myself in the 2000s.   It was a good time back then.  Now it is just trash.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

McMahon has already turned the WWE into the pussified crap that it is today.  He may as well sell it and get out of it.  I miss the days of NWO and DX.   Those were great days.  And the golden era of the 80s.  The mystery is gone.  The curtain has been pulled back and there are no secrets anymore.  I used to be a pro wrestler myself in the 2000s.   It was a good time back then.  Now it is just trash.  

Yeah I agree 100% I quit watching like 8 years ago but from time to time I'll go back and watch the older footage I like the Monday Night War and stuff. 

18 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

WHAT?!?!

That's the most interesting news I've heard all year.

We'll never see Hulk Hogan again if that happens. 

That's why I'm not buying their products now. I used to buy there WWE game every year but I quit buying them after they started removing  Hulk Hogan .And trying to erase his legacy from the WWE.

3 hours ago, Frighteningicon said:

Yeah I agree 100% I quit watching like 8 years ago but from time to time I'll go back and watch the older footage I like the Monday Night War and stuff. 

I check in from time to time. Some of the wrestlers are talented, especially some of the females, and I'll follow a scenario here and there, but those are pretty much throw backs to the Attitude Era, like when Goldberg came back recently. 

Vince might be out of his mind and out of touch with his decisions, but he nailed it with the Network. I love it. Over the years I've come to really appreitiate talented workers like Bret Hart, Curt Henning, Eddie Guerrero, etc and I love going back and watching their old matches; seeing things that I overlooked when I was watching as a kid.

The documentaries (like the Monday Night Wars!!!) and shows like Stone Cold's podcast are great.

I don't think I'll ever not be a wrestling fan. Every time I think I'm out.....:P you know the rest.

• Like 1

Ring of Honor is the best continual pro circuit out there today. Their tag teams are second to none. Matches can last 15 minutes and have great composure.

As for unreal excitement, Lucha Underground on El Rey Network starts its fourth season in 2018. It’s the most visceral, in-your-face wrestling I’ve ever seen. The storylines are rich and written by top Hollywood writers. The stories are as good as the wrestling. A true soap opera. Check out this match from a few months ago between two ex-U.S. Special Forces soldiers who hate each other.

After seeing Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground, the WWE is a preschool joke.

• Like 1

Disney already ruined Star Wars, now they wanna ruin my beloved WWE?

Will they give a woman Mary Sue powers so she can defeat Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns?

I will freakin’ commit suicide if Disney buys WWE.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:25 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

Who'd you wrestle for? It is funny the things you learn about people.😃

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Who'd you wrestle for? It is funny the things you learn about people.😃

Hwa in Cincinnati.  Heartland wrestling association.  Shark boy (Dean roll) trained me.  He was cool.  I think the hwa closed down now though.  They did end up getting a local spot on a TV channel there for a while.  

28 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Hwa in Cincinnati.  Heartland wrestling association.  Shark boy (Dean roll) trained me.  He was cool.  I think the hwa closed down now though.  They did end up getting a local spot on a TV channel there for a while.  

Nice! Ok, so what was your gimmick? Finisher? LOL. Inquiring minds want to know.

11 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Nice! Ok, so what was your gimmick? Finisher? LOL. Inquiring minds want to know.

Me and another guy were a tag team.  That's usually how they start you out so there isn't as much pressure on you.  We were Southern Justice.  Both of us sounded pretty southern.   I was Jesse justice and he was Ray justice.  Our finisher was the eyes of justice.  It was a combo of a gut buster and stunner.  Once we were further down the line and doing singles I was going to use a version of the scorpion death drop cause I was a huge Sting fan.  But, we both left before then.  Wcw was folding and it was still the land of the Giants.  I wasn't a tall guy.  I had good muscle mass, but am not tall.  I'm only 5'11".  He was about six foot or maybe six one.  Talked to Kevin Nash once backstage at a show and it kinda put things into perspective for me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Me and another guy were a tag team.  That's usually how they start you out so there isn't as much pressure on you.  We were Southern Justice.  Both of us sounded pretty southern.   I was Jesse justice and he was Ray justice.  Our finisher was the eyes of justice.  It was a combo of a gut buster and stunner.  Once we were further down the line and doing singles I was going to use a version of the scorpion death drop cause I was a huge Sting fan.  But, we both left before then.  Wcw was folding and it was still the land of the Giants.  I wasn't a tall guy.  I had good muscle mass, but am not tall.  I'm only 5'11".  He was about six foot or maybe six one.  Talked to Kevin Nash once backstage at a show and it kinda put things into perspective for me. 

Yeah. I can see breaking into WCW or WWE being a bit tough. Some of those dudes are just huge. I met Junkyard Dog once as a kid. That man was a wall with arms.:lol: As far a tag teams go, I always like The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom. The "Doomline" finisher was just agonizing to watch. I can't imagine having to take the bump at the end of that shit. I definitely miss the golden era of wrestling and the DX era.

6 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Yeah. I can see breaking into WCW or WWE being a bit tough. Some of those dudes are just huge. I met Junkyard Dog once as a kid. That man was a wall with arms.:lol: As far a tag teams go, I always like The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom. The "Doomline" finisher was just agonizing to watch. I can't imagine having to take the bump at the end of that shit. I definitely miss the golden era of wrestling and the DX era.

We had a contract with wcw so we were a developmental league for them.  Yeah, most of the time when the road warriors did the doomsday device they didn't give you an option on how you were gonna land.  They were always my favorite too.  I liked all the guys in paint.  I loved watching Sting and great muta go at it.  I was always a wcw guy more anyway.  We did have several guys that would do dark matches for wcw and Wwf, but they were veterans.  They had been there forever. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

We had a contract with wcw so we were a developmental league for them. 

Seems like most of the local brands played "feeder" to the big leagues. I used to watch pro-wrestling all the time as a kid. I would go to Blockbuster video and rent all the Wrestlemania VHS tapes they had and spend hours watching them. When I was a kid I thought it would be an awesome job to be a pro-wrestler. :lol: You don't realize that they work for peanuts unless they have a big contract...plus being on the road all the time. I always liked watching the British Bulldog in matches as well as Roddy Piper. In the newer era, I liked Kane before he ditched the mask. You mentioned paint...almost forgot....Demolition was a great tag team too.

I'm not a big guy myself, only 5'10", but I used to do powerlifting. I was bulky but not a giant by any means. Then I joined the military and got lean. Not much use for bulk in the Army. My cousins are pretty huge, but those genetics don't run in my side of the family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Seems like most of the local brands played "feeder" to the big leagues. I used to watch pro-wrestling all the time as a kid. I would go to Blockbuster video and rent all the Wrestlemania VHS tapes they had and spend hours watching them. When I was a kid I thought it would be an awesome job to be a pro-wrestler. :lol: You don't realize that they work for peanuts unless they have a big contract...plus being on the road all the time. I always liked watching the British Bulldog in matches as well as Roddy Piper. In the newer era, I liked Kane before he ditched the mask. You mentioned paint...almost forgot....Demolition was a great tag team too.

I'm not a big guy myself, only 5'10", but I used to do powerlifting. I was bulky but not a giant by any means. Then I joined the military and got lean. Not much use for bulk in the Army. My cousins are pretty huge, but those genetics don't run in my side of the family.

Yeah, there were certain Indies that had a real good rep for sending good guys up.  D-lo brown and bull Buchanan came out of the hwa.  

On another note, between wrestling and being an auto mechanic, if you see me on here bitching about the game it is because of my background.  In both aspects of my life, I didn't have time for BS.  As a wrestler, you are taught to do things correctly and protect who you are working with or bad accidents happen.  As an auto mechanic, you HAVE to fix it right the first time.  If you dont, 1) you are keeping a paying customer out of their vehicle.  2) if you have to work on the same problem twice... you aren't getting paid for it.  

So, if I ever sound critical of this game it is because of my background.  I'm a straight forward, do it right kind of guy.  

• Like 1