(No topic relating directly towards what I am trying to say)

I want to make it clear to everyone, the delay most of you are seeing is not entirely Gun Media's fault. I know many people are p*ssed with the delay but that doesn't mean blaming the developers entirely. The delay probably has to do with regulations from the software maintenance, and paritally Gun being a little behind schedule. Complaining and groaning over a 1 day wait for a update is not nessciary. Please just be patient with the developer's; they have been working their asses off and they don't need more than they can handle. We don't need @ShiftySamurai going all Jason Voorhees on us, now do we? :D

I am not going to argue with anyone who thinks differently. State your opinion and get on with your life!

Thank you,

TiffanyCox A.K.A - Clayton 

There are no "regulations" on Steam. You can push just about anything. It's not like consoles where you suddenly get cockblocked by Sony or Microsoft right when you're about to push a patch.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

There are no "regulations" on Steam. You can push just about anything. It's not like consoles where you suddenly get cockblocked by Sony or Microsoft right when you're about to push a patch.

I was trying to refer to both Steam & Xbox. The issue with Steam could really be anything, but i am just trying to point out that it is not entirely the developer's fault.

I don't know what patience means anymore. Gun's fault.

Thanks to Black Friday on Steam, my library is now full of some good games, so I guess I'm going to enjoy them and not stress myself out with F13 and Gun Media. 

It IS Gun's fault for the simply fact that they announced and planned for this date. If there were "regulations" then they should have been on top of it and had everything they needed sorted out to be sorted out, they clearly didn't do that.

It is CONSTANT amateur hour with these guys and people are finally getting f**king sick of it. The "oh we're just a small indie studio give us a break" crap doesn't fly anymore.

• Like 1

Then they shouldn't have posted this...What changed? 

G9ZyUXN.jpg

And this tweet has a hint of attitude to it. There's no reason why they can't just explain the Steam situation. The transparency is gone with this team. That's a shame.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

I was trying to refer to both Steam & Xbox. The issue with Steam could really be anything, but i am just trying to point out that it is not entirely the developer's fault.

They're consistently behind when it comes to Xbox, the only surprise tonight was that the PC update was delayed for an unknown amount of time (probably days) instead of a few hours. You would think after having to release the Xbox update days or weeks late over and over despite claiming to be working towards platform parity would eventually result in them taking more time with the Xbox process and starting it earlier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Then they shouldn't have posted this...What changed? 

G9ZyUXN.jpg

And this tweet has a hint of attitude to it:

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/942905759360278528

A mistake or misconception could have been made since December 15th. I understand what you mean but some things get lost in the transfer to the console and on steam and it coule have caused a delay,  such as ones we are witnessing now. 

I have also noticed the attitude towards players recently, i could be wrong about some parts of this. But the developers have been working hard to release it as soon as possible.

9 hours ago, John Wick said:

Gun is used to delays on Xbox. They should have, by now, worked to improve that. The game has been out for half a year or more now. And there are no such regulations on PC, so the update clearly just wasn't ready as it wasn't the priority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyCox said:

A mistake or misconception could have been made since December 15th. I understand what you mean but some things get lost in the transfer to the console and on steam and it coule have caused a delay,  such as ones we are witnessing now. 

I have also noticed the attitude towards players recently, i could be wrong about some parts of this. But the developers have been working hard to release it as soon as possible.

I'm still waiting for them to live up to their side for ONCE. That's all I ask.

We backed the game. We played the game, told our friends, etc. All we get in return is headaches and buggy gameplay.

I'm not gonna sit by and listen to people say any of these reactions are out of line. That's just not true. They've been given the benefit of the doubt OVER and OVER again, and yet with every patch, we get something like this - and this is now the worst extent of it.

Bet your sweet buns Xbox isn't getting the patch until the new year, and Steam likely won't get it tomorrow. "More information" is coming tomorrow. Not a patch.

• Like 4

Lmao its 100% the devs fault. Steam has no regs on updates so thats on them. And xbox wont allow shit that further breaks the game or puts the console at risk to be released. How is that MS fault? And if this was the first update I would totally agree to give them a break. Games been out since May and this is hardly their first experience with MS on releasing updates. Its gun/ILLfonics fault plain and simple. Now that being said people still need to be patient but they better hope this isnt like that one update that took them like a month to release on xbox. 

Edit

I want to also state what your reading is not me being salty. I refuse to really put time into this game til dedicated servers. So Im not raging on something I will play maybe twice to see how it plays

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents - I don’t give a rats a@* whose fault it is. I can wait. Why?  Because no other developer has ever put out a F13th game since when? NES purple Jason? Let alone with this much respect for the property.

If I have to wait until next year, so be it. When it drops for Xbox, I will be there with bells and whistles.  I am going to purchase the Part 7 kill pack too.

If it was a AAA company with unlimited resources, then I might be more sympathetic to those upset. Being that it is a small company busting their butts for this property, I will have the patience of Job.

If the Devs attitude towards the property changes then I might reconsider.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grape said:

Just my 2 cents - I don’t give a rats a@* whose fault it is. I can wait. Why?  Because no other developer has ever put out a F13th game since when? NES purple Jason? Let alone with this much respect for the property.

If I have to wait until next year, so be it. When it drops for Xbox, I will be there with bells and whistles.  I am going to purchase the Part 7 kill pack too.

If it was a AAA company with unlimited resources, then I might be more sympathetic to those upset. Being that it is a small company busting their butts for this property, I will have the patience of Job.

Bro, you gotta stop. 

You're making too much sense.

A lot of people here are gonna get upset.

• Like 1

Here i was, thinking majority of people knew this crap already, but hey from the responses ive seen its quite the opposite. 

People cant wait for stuff anymore, its all instant gratification and impatiently waiting. If waiting a few days is really that big of a deal for some people i strongly suggest you "broaden your horizons" however you want to in anything you want.

Just broaden them already an toil some time away doing something else until you get your fix.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grape said:

Hey I found the guy who just started playing recently. :lol:

This opinion might be valid if this was a month or two into after the game launched or was a game preview title.  Unfortunately for a majority of us here on the forums, we have been here for 7 months waiting and dealing with constant broken promises and a broken game.  Some of us have been here longer than that waiting for the title to be completed giving hard earned money for the title to be developed.  

It's fine to have patience but if you keep letting things like this slide and don't say anything, it sets the tone that it is ok to do this and to continue to do this.  Settle for mediocrity and that's all you will receive.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

This opinion might be valid if this was a month or two into after the game launched or was a game preview title.  Unfortunately for a majority of us here on the forums, we have been here for 7 months waiting and dealing with constant broken promises and a broken game.  Some of us have been here longer than that waiting for the title to be completed giving hard earned money for the title to be developed.  

It's fine to have patience but if you keep letting things like this slide and don't say anything, it sets the tone that it is ok to do this and to continue to do this.  Settle for mediocrity and that's all you will receive.  

And most of the ones who put their hard earned money to the game being developed haven't even received their copy yet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

Hate to break it to you, but I have been here since launch. I also followed the Kickstarter funding.

You might want to think about accuracy of your posts before putting them up or at least try to get more information before you make assumptions.

If you were just trying to smart, it doesn’t help your argument or viewpoint.

9 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

I want to make it clear to everyone, the delay most of you are seeing is not entirely Gun Media's fault

I'm sorry, are you part of the Dev team ? Is this an official communication from Gun ?
Because, if you're not part of the Dev team, i simply don't care about your opinion based on nothing other than your idea.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Frighteningicon said:

They deserve all the  blame their getting they should have stuck with this project and completed it, before they ever moved on to a new project

There is a part of illfonic that is dedicated to F13 development. Studios often work on other games especially indie ones. It's a necessary part of keeping studios afloat. To claim that because dead alliance exists that the game is suffering is just not correct. 

As far as this post goes, I understand people are upset. Hell I've already seen spoilers posted for the ending of the VC people move fast. I can understand how that sucks. I can also understand that there has not been a patch since October and some of you have been waiting a while for some sort of update. We can speculate as to why or why not it did not come out however that is not going to make it come any faster. There is a lot of speculation on timetables and you are riling yourselves up. There should be some news today about the patches and indicated by the tweets that have been posted here.

In terms of consoles time tables on pushing things out fluctuate, depends on the amount of games in cert at the time and several other factors. 

On steam something went south and it is being worked on to rectify. Syncing a  multi-platform game for roll out at the exact same time is difficult. AAA developers have a little more clout so the roll outs across all platforms are something that gets a little more of a priority. 

The above is not an excuse it's just an unfortunate reality. 

• Thanks 1