TheButtonMasher

PC not getting update today

3 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

Fun fact, not only @ShiftySamurai is online, he is also reading this thread

5a39658977679_2017-12-1920_15_28-ShiftySamurai-Fridaythe13th_TheGame.png.96dbdd582af08825dc95ec5cbb15e3d4.png

But i guess, as long the information he have to share is" soon"  he don't have much to say

Ohhh busted

5 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

5a39658977679_2017-12-1920_15_28-ShiftySamurai-Fridaythe13th_TheGame.png.96dbdd582af08825dc95ec5cbb15e3d4.png

But i guess, as long the information he have to share is" soon"  he don't have much to say

I'm sure they are reading all of the threads and trying to figure out what they can possibly say about this update that isn't just a copy and paste job from the last time this happened.

Welcome to Crystal Lake, @ShiftySamurai

The water has been this way since launch.

Just now, thatdudescott said:

I'm sure they are reading all of the threads and trying to figure out what they can possibly say about this update that isn't just a copy and paste job from the last time this happened.

Welcome to Crystal Lake Shifty.

They could at least explain what went wrong, rather than tell us to wait a whole day for new information only to give us no new information at all.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

They could at least explain what went wrong, rather than tell us to wait a whole day for new information only to give us no new information at all.

NDAs,bruh.

:chadwut::chadwut::chadwut:

5 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

I have like 8 tabs open for forum threads. We know you guys are waiting for an update, but when the only thing I have right now is "we'll update when we have more info", then it just feels crappy saying it.

• Like 1

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

I have like 8 tabs open for forum threads. We know you guys are waiting for an update, but when the only thing I have right now is "we'll update when we have more info", then it just feels crappy saying it.

Then why was new information promised for today?

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey those are exactly my words 
But, don't you think you should at least post something instead of waiting that someone taunt you before make a damn single post ?

4 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

I've been able to engage shifty pretty regularly on Twitter, and going by his responses, doesn't seem likely Xbox will see said patch today either. 

PC will likely be today. It'll go live without warning. You can see a Steam update was submitted this morning on Steam as well...

I think with Xbox there will be a heads up tweet once they pass certification. They'll have some notice before it goes live. Or they might keep their mouths shut and just let it go live to avoid the "but when will it go live?!" questions.

I'm prepared for the worst on the Xbox side of things...New Year wouldn't surprise me one bit since Xbox skipped an entire patch months ago.

It's not MS's fault they have standards while Sony is that door man that lets any asswad in the door. Steam and MS clearly spotted something Sony didn't.

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

This is true, or they could be reading this and pleasuring themselves while using our tears as lube.

Just now, AldermachXI said:

PC will likely be today. It'll go live without warning. You can see a Steam update was submitted this morning on Steam as well...

I think with Xbox there will be a heads up tweet once they pass certification. They'll have some notice before it goes live. Or they might keep their mouths shut and just let it go live to avoid the "but when will it go live?!" questions.

I'm prepared for the worst on the Xbox side of things...New Year wouldn't surprise me one bit since Xbox skipped an entire patch months ago.

It's not MS's fault they have standards while Sony is that door man that lets any asswad in the door. Steam and MS clearly spotted something Sony didn't.

Those Steam updates are test builds, and has been updated several times today meaning they're working on it, but it doesn't mean it is coming today. Xbox players are screwed, but we all knew that long before the update came for PS4.

All we need to know based on what's been said today and yesterday is that this update is probably (at best, given past evidence) coming to Steam later tonight (if at all) and for XBOX...who knows for those guys.

Course, could be even longer. Could be neither today. No news is always going to be followed by an explanation rather than a solution.

It could even be this was done intentionally, which is even worse. Cuz it feels like they used PS4 to as the lab monkey to see what kind of issues were going to launch with this update and now other platforms are being worked on last minute because of what they saw with PS4.

Either scenario, its yuck.

13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

All I'm saying is if you guys set a date, and fail to deliver, and then tell us that the next day there will be more info, AND THEN tell us the info is that you'll have more info soon is pretty much just not a good way to keep customers.
People have been waiting since summer for the SP update. You would receive a significantly less amount of backlash if you didn't set a specific date rather than set a date and not deliver.

2 minutes ago, googs360 said:

All I'm saying is if you guys set a date, and fail to deliver, and then tell us that the next day there will be more info, AND THEN tell us the info is that you'll have more info soon is pretty much just not a good way to keep customers.
People have been waiting since summer for the SP update. You would receive a significantly less amount of backlash if you didn't set a specific date rather than set a date and not deliver.

They never promised today that the "more info" will be coming soon. They're starting to learn what the word soon means.

I'm just sick of the devs screwing people over on shit. All I want is to be able to play some damn SP. 

I'm really curious into what went wrong for the steam update that made it so they couldn't release it.

Yeah, no hope for Xbox as yesterday Shifty said on Twitter it would be days, now, nothing. I've given up hope on this patch dropping before Christmas, and am disgusted that this continues to be an issue well over 6 months post launch. Can't help but feeling burned by these developers. 

1 minute ago, googs360 said:

Agreed.

More info would be explaining what the hold up is..."Xbox didn't pass cert. We have to resubmit". etc.

No one at Gun is just sitting there with no idea WHY the updates have been delayed. They've obviously gotten so form of feedback from MS and Steam and a reason for the delays.

Check out how PUBG does their social media posts...When something goes wrong, they actually explain (in layman's terms) what went wrong and they can usually give a decent timeline as to when people can expect an update/fix.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Agreed.

More info would be explaining what the hold up is..."Xbox didn't pass cert. We have to resubmit". etc.

No one at Gun is just sitting there with no idea WHY the updates have been delayed. They've obviously gotten so form of feedback from MS and Steam and a reason for the delays.

Check out how PUBG does their social media posts...When something goes wrong, they actually explain (in layman's terms) what went wrong and they can usually give a decent timeline as to when people can expect an update/fix.

I don't think Steam even has any sort of certification, so whatever is wrong with the PC update has to be something they caught on their own end.

24 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

Hey those are exactly my words 
But, don't you think you should at least post something instead of waiting that someone taunt you before make a damn single post ?

10 minutes ago, googs360 said:

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Agreed.

It's gotta be those NDAs. I'm not even being snarky (well,I am) but I guess it's those Non Disclosure Agreements that they all signed. Once the patch is out,we'll probably get the details on what went wrong and how it's not their fault.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I don't think Steam even has any sort of certification, so whatever is wrong with the PC update has to be something they caught on their own end.

Yeah...the Steam issue is clearly an odd one. I don't know exactly how the process of pushing a patch on Steam works. But it seems devs are free to push updates as they wish.

Hell...I have some early access games that have updated twice in the same day.

29 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

And yet that's exactly what was tweeted...

Just now, Truth said:

And yet that's exactly what was tweeted...

HE feels crappy saying it.

I'm sure Ben sent that tweet out with a smile.

Seeing what the update looks like i don't want the update, let me enjoy a match as Jason without 8 or 9 pocket knives on my neck or or the same number but with med sprays. Geez, after the update who the heck will want to play as Jason, before it was hard but with some strategy it was doable, now is a chore....

• Like 1

Just now, Shaild said:

Seeing what the update looks like i don't want the update, let me enjoy a match as Jason without 8 or 9 pocket knives on my neck or or the same number but with med sprays. Geez, after the update who the heck will want to play as Jason, before it was hard but with some strategy it was doable, now is a chore....

And they paired this with a kill pack for Part 7 of all Jasons. It's like they don't even want to make money.

Just now, AldermachXI said:

HE feels crappy saying it.

I'm sure Ben sent that tweet out with a smile.

Touche.

I still got a laugh out of it. I was looking at this thread and decided to check twitter (even though I hate it). I saw the tweet then saw his post.