[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 12.18.2017 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

The fix for people disconnecting during the kill so Jason wouldn't get credit appears to be working correctly. To counter that, people are disconnecting when you grab them and they do not have a pocket knife to save them. Not sure if a fix for this is even possible, but I wanted to mention it.

Edit: If someone disconnects during a grab or while limping, it should probably count as a kill.

25 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

The fix for people disconnecting during the kill so Jason wouldn't get credit appears to be working correctly. To counter that, people are disconnecting when you grab them and they do not have a pocket knife to save them. Not sure if a fix for this is even possible, but I wanted to mention it.

I can't imagine any fix for that, and even if there somehow was one, players would just counter that by quitting before you grab them. That happens even now sometimes. There's no solution to it, and penalties for quitting would impact players who quit for acceptable reasons just as much. 

I don't even let this kind of thing bother me anymore to be honest. If a player quits then so be it, the lost points don't matter to me. If an entire lobby is quitting, I'll just join / make a new one with players who aren't bad sports. There's nothing that can be done about it other than approaching it with a different attitude. If you made them quit, you still won that battle.

Host quitting is certainly a big problem however. But that can be done be either Jason or counselor. 

• Like 2

It might be possible if there were a flag for both grabbed and limping states. I doubt many people are legitimately quitting in those situations. The only thing that bothers me is that it becomes a mini-game for trolls and poor sports. I don't care if players quit in other situations. Just those two.

I agree that host quitting is a bigger problem for sure.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not looking to punish people for disconnects. I just want Jason to get credit for kills people are disconnecting out of. If people are in bad situations (pre-grab and pre-limping) then disconnect, there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

That toilet with a drawer in it on packanack (not the main lodge one) You can only open the drawer after about 10 or so attempts because it's too cramped in there and it glitches out trying to get into position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrLeatherface said:

That toilet with a drawer in it on packanack (not the main lodge one) You can only open the drawer after about 10 or so attempts because it's too cramped in there and it glitches out trying to get into position.

Seems to happen to me once and a while, you could possibly open the door. Walk up to the drawer until you get the blimp to open it. Works for me, but I usually am able to walk up to it and open it without a problem.

Didn't really paid attention to this before but almost all the boombox tables are merging with other environment items like couple of boxes or other tables.
Some cabin with this glitched boombox placement also have issue with the coat rack kill being blocked by a bed.

And the old glitch preventing Jason from killing a hidden counselor under a bed if there is an open drawer on the same side is still present... and bots know it... I was trolled by a bot which kept hiding under the same bed over and over without me being able to kill it.
It makes them popout the bed still elongated, and you can only debug them by throwing a knife.659104201801111214421.jpg

5 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

@Shelly Finkelstein

I have never witnessed this Bug before! But before i do, lets hope it gets fixed. Could definitely affect game play though.

It was a known bug long time before, I though it was fixed, but maybe they have restored the old cabin interiors by mistake, that could explain the merging boombox too (old placement version glitching with the new one).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

Seems to happen to me once and a while, you could possibly open the door. Walk up to the drawer until you get the blimp to open it. Works for me, but I usually am able to walk up to it and open it without a problem.

Tried it a million times, every time i get the prompt to open it it does nothing but glitch out my character most of the time. Takes me multiple attempts at positioning before it works. Even closing the door for more space doesn't seem to help 😕

There are troll players who are still room trapping other counselors. It seems like they found way around the shoving. Based on what I saw, all they have to do is hold the aim button with a shotgun or keep sprinting back and forth in the doorway. 

SO this is new. Got pocket-knifed by Tommy 5 straight times... without him ever moving more than 3 feet from me. So I know he didn’t pick up more.  Is there an ever-lasting pocket-knife bug going on with Tommy?

2 hours ago, Treymaker said:

SO this is new. Got pocket-knifed by Tommy 5 straight times... without him ever moving more than 3 feet from me. So I know he didn’t pick up more.  Is there an ever-lasting pocket-knife bug going on with Tommy?

Was it on Packanack Small?

Well just got a double car glitch in one game on Higgins Haven (Steam) :
- The rubber band one : as Adam I was driving the car, Jason stop it in front of the big house, I get out and start running away ... I was tp back to the driver's door when Jason hit the car and then manage to butcher me.
- The magical long distance hit : I came back as Jarvis, got back to the car, get in, get out when Jason was near, stunned him... and as soon as I activate the car door again I was tp far away of the car (behind the barn), and then started to get damaged by invisible hits until I died (I asumed Jason was slashing around the car and I got hit every time he hit the car)
As for now I'll avoid trying escaping with the car.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to report it, but just to put it out there, this has happened multiple times in offline bots -- a counselor will swim in the water, end up stopping under a bridge, pressing against the rocks, and becomes completely ungrabbable. Knife throwing from a distance also doesn't work. Video here: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SDA said:

Was it on Packanack Small?

Actually yes it was, right outside of the main house. Has it happened to you as well?

I've seen it in two different matches- both at PS; at least in spectator mode, the animation gets more delayed and rag-dollish, then an arm swings out five seconds later and you catch a knife. One guy caught 3 knives on top of med sprays, one guy used five straight knives. It seems accidental, like there's somewhere on the map you can't grab someone without glitching the PK, I remember it at the two elevated houses up from the lodge. 

I've gotten infinite knives and infinite stamina as Tommy. I'm on PC

For the infinite knives, he couldn't grab kill me but I had to break out to get the knife animation. My inventory never lost the knife too 

I had the stamina glitch going for awhile before I even realized it. The stamina bar didn't look right. It looked brighter. I wasn't really paying attention until I checked that no matter what I did, it wasn't moving. But I was already at the cops at that point. I was such an idiot, cause I was taking it slow, not to burn off stamina the whole time I had it.

And there are a bunch of exploit spots that the bots fall into. There's ways for them to run up into the rock walls that Jason can't get to.

On Higgins, on the South East side of the map where one of the cars would spawn, there's a big rock area right across from the front door. It's part of the hill that the campfire is on.

I popped in on a Chad standing in the middle on the rocks and an invisible barrier formed around him that would make my knives get stuck in mid air and would stop me from walking towards him. I couldn't reach him at all. I think I left the area and he eventually moved. I don't remember how that ended. 

Last night, when I was chasing someone down in that same area, I was capable of walking onto the rocks without the barrier being there. There was no counselor on the rocks with me this time. They were already down near the house.

And they tend to swim in circles, shallow enough for the drowning prompt not to activate, but deep enough to not be able to grab or slash.

Packanack is the glitchiest map for bots. They get stuck in the open doorway of the closest house to the lodge, the one without the balcony. They'll either stand there or run in place with nothing blocking their way. They also tend to stand frozen in the same spots in the same cabins.

Bloody skin Jason 6 keeps crashing after the opening cut scene on Higgins Haven Small. I'll check other maps later 

22 hours ago, dietgreentea said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one to report it, but just to put it out there, this has happened multiple times in offline bots -- a counselor will swim in the water, end up stopping under a bridge, pressing against the rocks, and becomes completely ungrabbable. Knife throwing from a distance also doesn't work. Video here: 

i think that you can't drown anyone in general in offline bots at jarvis heres proof 

I had a few strange occurances today. I had a rubber band pocket knife, could not see it, because fear was too high. Dropped it after it worked a second time, because I didn't find this fair. It disappeared straight away. 

Jason stopped the car when it was roughly 50 ft away. Dragged me out when I was already out and ran away. All those things happened in the same game on Packanack small.

On Crystal Lake I had Jason bugging out when he was about to get killed. Later that game I got pulled out of the car. I got the "Time Bonus" pop-up, then the other two players saved me from the grab. I stunned Jason, got into the car and one of the others drove us out. We were the last three. It took about a minute until the text popped up: "You Died". I was dumbfounded.

2 hours ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Jason stopped the car when it was roughly 50 ft away. Dragged me out when I was already out and ran away. All those things happened in the same game on Packanack small.

The server considers your character to be next to the car and where ever else you go. I know the Unreal Engine has physics, but not quantum physics. 

I've gotten out of the car and ran around, in all directions, for a good amount of time and picked things up and still got pulled back to Jason

@ShiftySamurai @[IllFonic]Courier @GunMedia_Ben

New speed bug.

Xbox One

Any map

Any counselor

Jason damages the counselor causing them to limp.

Use a med spray to heal.

They remain in the limping animation and gain the ability to run insanely fast.

I have seen this happen with Vanessa, Adam, Mitch, Eric and AJ Mason.

Another advantage the counselors now have over Jason.

It's time to increase the running speed of Jason. 😄 

what problems aren't there in this game after the patch? Traps don't set properly in some places now. Jason can grab easier after he wrecks car the player driving  cant get out in time.  and if you do get out and start running you get teleported back like 2 secs to car and still get grabbed. game controls sometimes doesn't work the mouse and the E button don't work. Jasons grab is incredible now. ive seen Jason grab someone on the other side of car. So many glitches for this game that cost 40 bucks. I know the game developers are trying to get out updates fast but there ignoring everything else and don't seem to care or want to fix the massive glitches that ruin the game. Latency is another problem. and don't say its my cable internet because its the fastest out there. its gotta be high population on crowded servers please fix these problems or I'm going back to play something else