[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 12.18.2017 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

FIX INVISIBLE COUNSELOR MANY GAMES WHERE PLAYERS ARE INVISIBLE AND IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE AS JASON PLEASE FIX ASAP THANKS.

A few notes on bot issues. I've been trying them out a bit since play time for online is a bit erratic during the holidays, so it's a nice little change to have a few Jason games I can pause. lol

Anywho, on to the issues. The Tommy problem has already been discussed but here's a recap. He sometimes spawns and will not move unless you go over to him and sometimes have to hit or grab him. If he does go in a cabin he often gets stuck opening the same drawer over and over. Tommy, like all of the other councilors, also has a problem with hiding. These bots, on any difficulty, will all hide right in front of you, You can be right next to them and they'll dive in a closet or under a bed. They also make a sound like they're sliding in and out from under the bed constantly as well as constantly click their flashlight. You always know they are there even if you didn't.

I've started ignoring the cars just to see if they can fix and drive them out. They've managed to fix it three times so far. One time they just sat there and never moved in the 2-seater. Another time, Vanessa drove it between two poles and never moved again. The third time, Kenny drove the 2-seater right into the back of the 4-seater and could not figure out how to reverse.

Conclusion: They can't drive. 

Higgins Haven Oddness

At the main house on Higgins Haven, there have been several characters (Buggzy, Tommy, Adam, and LaChappa, who when going in the back door seem to get stuck in a loop opening and closing it over and over.

Swimming

For whatever reason, when you chase some of the councilors they will sometimes decide to go for a swim. And when they get out in the water, they'll just start swimming in circles.

Windows

Aside from the fact that AI will quite often decide to dive through a window rather than open it, even when they don't need to, they will also very regularly dive our, and then turn around and dive back in (or vice versa) right in front of Jason's loving embrace.

Not that this is a big issue given their eagerness to hide at the moment, but bots also don't seem to use outhouses or tents to hide in.

That's a few of the things I've noticed so far.

Back when the offline bot support got added I bought the game but had to refund it because of a bug that made the game crash in that particular mode WHEN PLAYING WITHOUT INTERNET on PC/Steam.

Can somebody answer me if this has been fixed?

Thank you in advance.

On 12/23/2017 at 1:45 AM, NoGoal5Hole said:

Anyone having issues with “stalk” not always working properly on PS4? Did a stalk morph into the water few days ago and as “Vanessa” headed to the boat she screamed as If she knew I was there. She turned & gazed out to the water and taunted me with her flashlight. Checked it out a few times in a private match with 2 ps4 systems in close proximity and although it seems fine from Jason’s end the coucellors hear the Jason music and react to his presence. If you burn stalk off and then turn it back on with both Jason/counsellor in the same proximity as before then it seems to mute Jason’s music. Anyone else notice this?

Stalk seems to go away for counselors as soon as they spot you and with the new "scream when Jasons near" thing that came into the game during Oct. it seems to give Jason away more than counselors. Stalk did get its little buff with footsteps being sinlent, but I feel the prox scream screws Jason over more. Also the music prompt for Jason, to me, seem to have WAY too big of a proximity considering. On Higgins, at Blairs, the music can be heard from about 2 or 3 cabins away.

Definitely agree with you on the proximity issues because I was well away from the boat she shouldnt of known I was there. I guess I didn’t realize just how out of whack the proximity is now.

Appreciate the response @ThePunkPirate

There is no 20 point bonus for either of the two new kills. Can confirm since I just hit level 132 and I have done the kills a number of times.

Playing on Steam and I swear to God maps are loading with zero gas cans at random. Definitely thought I just couldn't find them at first but I've gone through all cabins with several others on a few maps now and no one has been able to locate either one.

On Xbox...a couple of times on the Jarvis map, Jason entered the water and walked on the ground instead of swimming. I was in the middle of the water, nowhere near the sides too.

I am honestly so sick of the FPS drop on rain maps when I am host (PS4). Why does this still remain an issue? It should've been a priority fix.

• Like 1

Another great game! Spawned as Shelly at phonehouse. Entered, first drawer found the fuse. Fixed it, called cops, game over in five minutes with everyone surviving. I thought the fuse wasnt supposed to be at the phone house anymore? 

• Like 3

Not sure if it has been listed yet, but bots are running away with a trap on their leg. Weird, especially when you see the trap moving around the map.

When playing offline mode on ps4, after selecting crystal lake map and part 9 Jason, the game freezes/crashes if you try to change part 9's skin. Only way out of it is to close the app.

4 hours ago, Grape said:

Not sure if it has been listed yet, but bots are running away with a trap on their leg. Weird, especially when you see the trap moving around the map.

I actually like this.. when it first happened to me I totally lost it seeing Shelly crying and attempting to run off with a trap on his leg 😂😂

Just played a round on the Jarvis map and when you are near the cabins in the lower right of the map a black line keeps flickering and shooting down from the sky if you face south. Its like a badly drawn bolt of lightening someone did in Microsoft paint. I was playing as jason 

4 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

Just played a round on the Jarvis map and when you are near the cabins in the lower right of the map a black line keeps flickering and shooting down from the sky if you face south. Its like a badly drawn bolt of lightening someone did in Microsoft paint. I was playing as jason 

Sergeant Brodski confirmed! :lol:

brodski.jpg

• Haha 2

@[IllFonic]Courier

First off, thanks. Virtual Cabin is very cool and the bots are.. well, dumb fun :) ..

But like so many others, I play the game for the online Jason experience, not the counselor experience. Therefore I must ask, why the f*ck is there an outrageous amount of healthsprays, pocketknives and shotguns on every friggin map? Why would the developers even do that? I haven't counted the healthsprays, but up to seven pocketknives and atleast three shotguns... Come on, your game is getting a bit silly here. YOU NEED TO REDUCE THESE ITEMS ASAP.

And I have a few more questions:

Honestly, are there any plans on making little changes that will perhaps shift the balance towards Jason, or is the current balanceflow the way this game is headed?

Are the developers happy with the current state of the game, balance concerned?

What is the current status with dedicated servers?

I hear a weird sound like a spray paint can hitting the ground when I grab a counselor bot on Xbox One.  Sometimes it makes that noise when I exit the kill animation screen too.

@[IllFonic]Courier

And yeah, one more thing.. About Jason's traps. I place a trap infront of the phonebox. Someone triggers it, why can't I set another trap where the triggered one was? I play on PS4 if someones interested.

The Virtual Cabin was immense fun. Very atmospheric. I would never have cleared it without help, some of the puzzles were crazily but well thought-out. Thanks for adding this.

As mentioned by many, it feels as if there are way too many pocket knives and med sprays (which might be related to the medic perk). It is still possible to pressure counselors with Part II, III and IV Jasons, but walking Jasons have a really tough time even if they are right on someones heels AND get several hits in.

Hello, First of all let me say i really enjoy this game. i've made a bunch of new friends playing this game who all get together and play it having all kinds of fun since around its release in may. yup still going strong. Also i was really excited to see the release of the offline bots mode. being able to play Jason whenever i want is great. however after playing it extensively i've noticed several bugs and behavior issues the bots display.

First of all a good portion of the time when Tommy spawns in i find him opening and closing a drawer over and over again, seems theirs always a map in the particular drawer he's looping in.

one of the seldom times the bots have gotten a car started on the crystal lake map specifically, i found them driving into a sign and rather than trying to correct they keep trying to drive forward.

a couple of times i've encountered bots doing absolutely nothing but standing there, they don't try to run, flee, attack, etc....

bots that try to flee into a lake or river typically get stuck swimming in circles.

bots tend to get stuck running in place against various obstacles in the environment; rocks, trees, tables, chairs etc...

bots some times jump in and out of a the same window that i'm standing right next too several times in a row

also bots seem to like to hide under beds/ closets when i'm standing right next to them.

Anyway, i hope this is helpful, and helps resolves issues. I really like having this mode,  but the challenge is pretty much lost do to bugs and bad bot behaviors.

I’m experiencing more and more games where Jason suddenly morphs away and is stuck underground. The person playing as Jason has no choice but to quit and the game is ruined. I’ve witnessed 3 of these now with my own eyes. Who knows how often this happens and people think Jason just “rage quit”

I’m still experiencing sudden crashes as the host mid game and other players are only left to assume I quit because I died. 

@GunMedia_Ben @ShiftySamurai @illchuck @[IllFonic]Courier

1. Pocket knives, guns and medical sprays.

Is this a military base or a summer camp?

Too many knives, guns and medical sprays with the medic perk.

Decrease the amount of items for counselors on all maps.

2. Window protection for counselors.

Can't interact with the windows, break them, or damage a counselor that is climbing through a window.

Please fix this and allow counselors to be grabbed or damaged while climbing through windows.

No more god mode for counselors.

3. Jason's nerfed grab range.

Please increase the range to grab.

Jason will often miss counselors that are within his 1 inch grab range.

4. Throwing knives missing counselors that should've been counted as a hit.

Please fix the throwing knives for Jason so they correctly register a hit when thrown at a counselor.

I have watched knives pass through counselors standing still.

5. Jason does not feel like a real threat or scary at all.

Counselors are making Jason look like a damn fool with their truffle shuffle dance emotes and candy bar pocket knifes.

This is not The Goonies movie. Fix Jason and make him fun to play again. Playing as a piñata that can take a good beating like Rocky is not fun.

500 matches as Jason (70%). 1,000 matches as Jason (35%). Really hate these last 2 achievements now. 😄 

43hksBR.gif

tsuq4Vm.gif

4 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@GunMedia_Ben @ShiftySamurai @illchuck @[IllFonic]Courier

1. Pocket knives, guns and medical sprays.

Is this a military base or a summer camp?

Too many knives, guns and medical sprays with the medic perk.

Decrease the amount of items for counselors on all maps.

2. Window protection for counselors.

Can't interact with the windows, break them, or damage a counselor that is climbing through a window.

Please fix this and allow counselors to be grabbed or damaged while climbing through windows.

No more god mode for counselors.

3. Jason's nerfed grab range.

Please increase the range to grab.

Jason will often miss counselors that are within his 1 inch grab range.

4. Throwing knives missing counselors that should've been counted as a hit.

Please fix the throwing knives for Jason so they correctly register a hit when thrown at a counselor.

I have watched knives pass through counselors standing still.

5. Jason does not feel like a real threat or scary at all.

Counselors are making Jason look like a damn fool with their truffle shuffle dance emotes and candy bar pocket knifes.

This is not The Goonies movie. Fix Jason and make him fun to play again. Playing as a piñata that can take a good beating like Rocky is not fun.

500 matches as Jason (70%). 1,000 matches as Jason (35%). Really hate these last 2 achievements now. 😄 

I agree. Also on the grab-issue, I would add that because of the nerf, it's nearly impossible to land a perfect shift-grab.

And I also hope for the following:

6. Widen Jason's melee, same problem as grab. Hitting is troublesome while counselor is either crouching, running by or infront of you running or a bit to the side.

7. Traps should be more powerfull, or add an instakill action for Jason if he catches someone still in his trap.

8. Make it harder for counselors to stun Jason. Too easy atm.

9. Add an instakill action for teabaggers

10. Allow Jason to re-use triggered traps and allow Jason to place traps indoors!

Or you could simply make it more realistic: One hit from an axe and your either dead or dying ! :)