[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 12.18.2017 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

On PS4 packanack Jason went to grab someone near a window and the whole game proper spazzed out. Flickering and glitching all over the show and then the person fell through the floor. They were still alive but Jason couldn't get to them.

Previously we were able to install the disc Bloody Skins and disc Retail Clothing Pack while playing the digital copy of the game on Xbox One.

For whatever reason, the Part 7 Machete Kills pack BLOCKS this ability and the only away around it is to uninstall the Part 7 Machete Kills Pack and reinstall the disc DLC or keep the disc in the drive on the console. This is occurring on Xbox One. The disc DLC simply does not show up in the game anymore and is automatically removed from counselors and Jasons that have this disc DLC equipped.

This seems really obnoxious, even if it's a deliberate attempt to stop people from installing the disc DLC and selling/returning/trading the disc. I bought the digital copy of the game and the disc. I have no intention of selling the disc.

I would prefer to have all my DLC that I purchased installed in the same folder on my Xbox One and accessible without needing the disc in the drive. Uninstalling the Part 7 Machete Kills is an undesirable solution to a problem that should not exist.

As a counselor, I tried to reset a trap someone else had previously placed.  When I held the X button (PS4) to reset, the trap made the reset but disappeared.  It did not reappear.

This was on Higgins Haven map, btw.

On 12/18/2017 at 6:22 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Let us know of any issues that you are experiencing for the latest patch(12.18.17)

Any details that you can include are very helpful!
(Platform, map, current character, etc.)

AI bots as noted by some have a few issues. Playing on Hard, Tommy Jarvis sometimes will not even move. I found him at a campsite standing still, picked him up, got the shank, he still didn't move. A few hits and grabs later, still nothing. As for other AI, they will go into a hiding space right in front of you. I've had this happen numerous times where I'll be in the room with them and they'll jump in a cabinet or under a bed. Others will get stuck on rocks running up hills. I've found 2 stuck there at once.

That was my initial AI experience over 4 games. I'll add more later should I find it.

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Anyone figure out how to reliably set a trap near a door? Doesn't seem to work...

Ive had better luck placing the trap down and then setting it. Either way its still a silly bug. This is what? The second bug tied to traps we've had now?

4 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Ive had better luck placing the trap down and then setting it. Either way its still a silly bug. This is what? The second bug tied to traps we've had now?

Well on PC, if you disarm a trap (if let's say, you place it poorly) it just disappears :blink:

@ShiftySamurai Okay, sometime in January i am canceling my online for PS4. I wanted to make sure my saved data and level 101 would still be there. And it turns out going to offline...nothing saves. This is shit. If its offline bots i still want to level up and have saved data, but its not a thing! Is this a known problem or is it supposed to happen? Because I would like to keep my data when i go offline to play?!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Previously we were able to install the disc Bloody Skins and disc Retail Clothing Pack while playing the digital copy of the game on Xbox One.

For whatever reason, the Part 7 Machete Kills pack BLOCKS this ability and the only away around it is to uninstall the Part 7 Machete Kills Pack and reinstall the disc DLC or keep the disc in the drive on the console. This is occurring on Xbox One. The disc DLC simply does not show up in the game anymore and is automatically removed from counselors and Jasons that have this disc DLC equipped.

This seems really obnoxious, even if it's a deliberate attempt to stop people from installing the disc DLC and selling/returning/trading the disc. I bought the digital copy of the game and the disc. I have no intention of selling the disc.

I would prefer to have all my DLC that I purchased installed in the same folder on my Xbox One and accessible without needing the disc in the drive. Uninstalling the Part 7 Machete Kills is an undesirable solution to a problem that should not exist.

I caught this issue prior to the update even being released on Xbox. Just installing it caused the disc exclusive clothing pack to disappear.

• Like 1

Here’s some feedback on item spawns after playing 20 matches.

Ok, the shotgun/med spray/ pocket knife gift pack at every campsite is getting beyond ridiculous. Since this patch was NOT a balancing patch, take notes that the item spawns need to be decreased.

I’ve loosely calculated that there is a minimum combination of 58 medsprays, pocket knives, and weapons available on any given map. Rounding that to 60, the item spawns need to be decreased by 17% so they are no more than 50.

Small cabins should contain ONE weapon, not two. Large cabins should contain 2-4 weapons with an average of 3, and medium sized cabins should have 2 weapons, sometimes just one. The special buildings should have a huge standard deviation that might leave then barren or be a treasured trove. The camp sights should have MAYBE one item, but there def needs to be the potential for an item to spawn there as is  

There are currently upwards of six weapons in large cabins and most of them are repeats with a majority being wrenches. Wtf. It’s too much.

There should be no more than 20 weapons in a match. That’s more than 2 weapons per counselor. The current ratio of 4 weapons per counselor arms the counselors with too many weapons that influences players playing defensively instead of playing the objectives. It also encourages groups of counselors acting offensively and trolling Jason. 

To accurarly reflect the franchise and balance the game, there should be around 20 weapons, 3 pocket knives, and 4 med sprays in each match. Again, play with the variable for standard deviation and make the item spawns have a broader range. Knowing that there is going to be a med spray, 5 weapons, a pocket knife, and a repair item in every large cabin needs to end. It needs to stop. It’s making the game predictable and incredibly boring. Please keep these item spawn balances in mind for the next update, since this one wasn’t about balance. 

• Like 3

You can't play offline bots without internet on the Steam/PC version of the game, starting  the game in "offline mode" crashes after trying to load a game throwing me a "FATAL ERROR" message, independent of the maps, and, or, settings.

On Steam, as well as on reddit some people have confirmed they also have this issue.

The only way to gain access to the bots is to start the game mode while online, unplugging my ethernet cable in the middle of gameplay resulted in me being able to play the game perfeclty.

Please fix this, is the only thing preventing me from purchasing the game, the time I had before my refund was amazing. I just want to be able to play offline, and not be conditioned to having internet all the time in order to gain access to an awesome game.

2 minutes ago, Wolfinston85 said:

You can't play offline bots without internet on the Steam/PC version of the game, starting  the game in "offline mode" crashes after trying to load a game throwing me a "FATAL ERROR" message, independent of the maps, and, or, settings.

:lol:

Not laughing at your misfortune, just the incompetence of providing an offline mode which you can't actually play offline. FML.

game freezing at loading screen.  Blank screen,  cant close game from task manager.    I can hear music but nothing else. 

Feedback

#1: The items left at the campsites are a bit op. At one spot I found a Jason ass kicking kit. Shotgun, Health Spray and a Pocket Knife. I understand dropping one of these items there but all three is a bit much. 

#2 I love slaying the offline bots but they are lacking intelligence. I don't expect them to be as smart at the human players but they get caught on terrain, swim in circles and get stuck opening drawers. A little more work is needed. But thanks for the mode. 

#3 Thanks for tuning up the phone box spawns at the Jarvis House. It makes people explore the map more. Also moving the phone fuse away from the phone box cabin was a good idea. Level 101 plus players have pretty much memorized the phone box spawn locations on every map. Moving the fuse away from the box keeps the cops from being called too quickly. 

#4 Jason's weapon hit detection and range need work. As a test today I tried Jason Part Six's combat stance heavy attack against a pinned bot. The tip of Jason's spear could be seen touching the Vanessa bot running against a door jam when he thrusted but it didn't actually get a hit until I got real close. If you are not going to adjust grab in any way you really need to fix the hit detection and range of the weapons. Jason's weapon hand should have more range then the current grab if realism is what your going for. Also the window crawl invincibility glitch is still present. Good players are exploiting the hell out of it. Please fix it. As it is if your introducing Uber Jason he will need these changes. 

#5 The gameplay is a bit smoother you can tell. Dispite running into three bugs the game has been less buggy after two days of play testing. The car seems a bit slower now I don't know if that is a bug or intended. Everything else seems to be working better. 

#6 The virtual cabin is intresting. I haven't spent a whole lot of time there but I intend to check it out a little further next weekend.  

Playing on PS4.

• Like 1

I need to report that i’ve twice now experienced being able to sprint at hyper speed after being crippled. I have no evidence, but I can only speculate it has something to do with the thick skin perk. I was slashed twice by Savini Jason and was crippled but with an epic thick skin I don’t think that would equate to limping status. I think the game was trying to calculate my health and couldn’t settle. 

1 hour ago, Suicide said:

game freezing at loading screen.  Blank screen,  cant close game from task manager.    I can hear music but nothing else. 

I had a very similar issue. If you can get to your in-game video settings, see if setting the game to Fullscreen Windowed fixes it.

PS4

Crystal Lake large. Jason part 8. Bots on easy (hard?). 

I watched a Deborah hide under a bed in a corner of the cabin. I pressed the prompt to kill her in her hiding spot and her character then appeared to float above the the bed about 3 feet. She floated above the bed in a laying posture (like she was still hiding). Could not grab or melee her. The bed appeared smashed as if nobody was hiding there. She was still alive. I left the area and killed her later after she came out of her hiding spot.

Tommy Jarvis bot. Opening drawers until he is interacted with, or simply not moving out in the open. Basically afk. Grab, knife, melee. Nothing got him to move. 

Packanck large. Jason part 8. Bots (not sure what level)

A.J. successfully installs battery but is stuck in the installation animation. The car hood is closed, and A.J. has said "I think I put that in right". Yet she is still in the repair animation. I was still able to grab and melee her.

Jarvis map. Bots. No boat. 

9 hours ago, Wolfinston85 said:

On Steam, as well as on reddit some people have confirmed they also have this issue.

The only way to gain access to the bots is to start the game mode while online, unplugging my ethernet cable in the middle of gameplay resulted in me being able to play the game perfeclty.

@ShiftySamurai already stated that you can only level and collect cp if you are connected with the servers. I would guess, that without a connection the game isn't able to calculate the amount of xp and cp you make and this crashes the game.

14 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

BLIND MORPH - Cannot not morph correctly with Jason on XBox One as the icon on the map is missing most of the time.

Oh great. That's back is it? Bane of my life for weeks not long ago.