Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Oh boy,Paul Phoenix is p***ed off right now,seem that he found something in the game datas for the A.I bots and that GunMedia+illfonic might not be the one who created the A.I system for those bots.

They are not, that much is clear. I'm no game developer but I assume even a pre-packaged AI system does take work to implement, so there is that to consider. I just don't know how much work so I'm hesistant to speculate on the topic. I believe This is the AI toolkit Paul is referring to which has been used for F13.

My opinions, however, do largely align with Paul's in regard to Gun/Illfonic "tripping" their way through the journey of this game, all the way from Kickstarter to now. It is fairly obvious they are completely out of their depth and I'm not surprised if they've been cutting corners as a means to an end. Not just in regards to this, but everything

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

They are not, that much is clear. I'm no game developer but I assume even a pre-packaged AI system does take work to implement, so there is that to consider. I just don't know how much work so I'm hesistant to speculate on the topic. I believe This is the AI toolkit Paul is referring to which has been used for F13.

My opinions, however, do largely align with Paul's in regard to Gun/Illfonic "tripping" their way through the journey of this game, all the way from Kickstarter to now. It is fairly obvious they are completely out of their depth and I'm not surprised if they've been cutting corners as a means to an end.

I remember the game being delayed specifically for single player, as well as the price being bumped up $10. This is pretty crazy to me. If they needed $80 they could have just asked...

And you're right, there were was work put into afterwards so there is that. Still, these guys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Turtle said:

 

I'm actually dying right now. I should have guessed he would have info on the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I remember the game being delayed specifically for single player, as well as the price being bumped up $10. This is pretty crazy to me. If they needed $80 they could have just asked...

And you're right, there were was work put into afterwards so there is that. Still, these guys...

As do I, but I don't think the cost of the actual toolkit is as relevant as the amount of man-hours to get it in the game. I suppose I'm just trying to come up with reasons for why time and funding would be factors, otherwise it would be a total con.

To my understanding, the whole game is pre-packaged down to the engine. Not that it's a bad thing but I imagine something customised would yield potentially better results, provided the devs have the resources and capability to take that direction. I assume something specifically made for the game would have benefits towards its development and optimisation, and conversely, something that's general purpose could have some disadvantages.

At the end of the day, I think F13 is always going to be an indie effort with big expectations based on its name, and that's the real problem right there. They promised too much to competently deliver, instead of focusing on what mattered most. Good, stable gameplay can outlive content, but not the other way around. If the core gameplay's got problems, no amount of content can fix that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bots are brain dead. Bot tommy gets stuck opening a drawer. "Hard" isn't really hard.

Still fun though. No lag either. I'll be playing this for a while just for laid back games with zero connection issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Bots are brain dead. Bot tommy gets stuck opening a drawer. "Hard" isn't really hard.

Still fun though. No lag either. I'll be playing this for a while just for laid back games with zero connection issues.

Because sometimes you just want to kill eight people. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No fun at all, because they are not the slightest challenge. Even when they don´t do the stupid things like swimming or hiding while you watch them.  Way to easy. Pretty much everyone can get a 8/8 every time. A waste of time and money so far. I doubt that the actual SP will be any harder.

Then i go in the VC and find out that the F13 guys from the movies let illfonic buy the rights because they wanted to make MP, they had SP suggestions already but didn´t want that.

This is how Illfonic says thank you for letting us buy the rights? By absolutly abandoning the MP (full of trolls, cheaters and leavers) and giving us a sucky AI? Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

No fun at all, because they are not the slightest challenge. Even when they don´t do the stupid things like swimming or hiding while you watch them.  Way to easy. Pretty much everyone can get a 8/8 every time.

Agree, even on "hard" the bots are too easy, i ran a game yesterday with Part 8 and i was able to clean Crystal lake map in more or less 10 minutes. I like the idea of SP, it can be a valid alternative to the MP but the actual SP is just a way to see all the killing scene, nothing else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Number of bots that have blasted loud music or obnoxious chewing over the mic - zero.

I'll keep track of this.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bots are fun to kill, but they pose zero challenge. They don't seem to care much about getting to the police after they've shown up, and if they do get a car started and manage to drive in the direction of the exit, they don't seem to have a problem with driving straight into Jason as he walks towards the car. Not even an attempt to evade.

This is basically just a training mode for newbies, and a way to screw around and let off some steam when you want to be Jason right now and not when the game says you can be him. I wish they'd hide less and run more. Hiding is worthless unless you were already hiding before Jason showed up and used Sense, or there are multiple counselors inside and they hide before Jason can realize that fact. Higher difficulties should have them stick together and defend eachother more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

As do I, but I don't think the cost of the actual toolkit is as relevant as the amount of man-hours to get it in the game. I suppose I'm just trying to come up with reasons for why time and funding would be factors, otherwise it would be a total con.

To my understanding, the whole game is pre-packaged down to the engine. Not that it's a bad thing but I imagine something customised would yield potentially better results, provided the devs have the resources and capability to take that direction. I assume something specifically made for the game would have benefits towards its development and optimisation, and conversely, something that's general purpose could have some disadvantages.

At the end of the day, I think F13 is always going to be an indie effort with big expectations based on its name, and that's the real problem right there. They promised too much to competently deliver, instead of focusing on what mattered most. Good, stable gameplay can outlive content, but not the other way around. If the core gameplay's got problems, no amount of content can fix that.

I have no faith in Gun to know what are good decisions. I think Illphonic could just make some shit up and Gun wouldn't know the difference. And you're right, no amount of new content can fix what's broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blinckx said:

Agree, even on "hard" the bots are too easy, i ran a game yesterday with Part 8 and i was able to clean Crystal lake map in more or less 10 minutes. I like the idea of SP, it can be a valid alternative to the MP but the actual SP is just a way to see all the killing scene, nothing else

I heard someone say they think the difficulties for easy and hard are swapped. Bots seem to fight back more on easy than they do on hard. That could be wrong. Just what I heard. Regardless, the difference in difficulty level is very minor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

If nothing else the Bots are definitely an easy way to Power Level to 150. You get as much XP per bot match as you would for a multiplayer match, regardless of difficulty level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

said this in another thread:

The offline bots are awful. I played a bunch of games last night, most of them stood around or I caught them because they were running into a wall or stuck at a rock running. Only one of them in all the matches had a pocket knife, and I think each time they attempted to fix the 2 seater, but never finished it. None of them fought back when in groups, unless you count one of them running towards me flicking their light on and off and then running away.. (ouch?)

But hey, at least I can practice my shifting ability and "git gud"

 
  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bots were hilarious and fun most of the time for me. The only character seriously broken seems Tommy.

Favourite TJ encounter: He was stuck in infinite drawer opening mode when I found him. I hit him with a few knives, than grabbed him to break the circle. He ran around like a headless chicken til I was out of the sun, then hid under the bed. I stalked, after a while he got out and...started opening the drawer again.

Other than TJ, most counselors act decent enough.After a few rounds they even started tanking traps and healing up afterwards. They even pressured me into heavily guarding the phone in one round. No escapees so far though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
48 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

most of them stood around or I caught them because they were running into a wall or stuck at a rock running. 

I have this problem a lot too. Things seem to run the smoothest for me on Normal mode, their actions and response to seeing Jason seems more logical. It seems like they set out with some kind of objective but then if they get sidetracked from that they default back to doing something else and get stuck. In both hard and easy mode this seemed much more common for me to run into. I haven't ran too legit test on it or anything it's just something that I noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CryptM said:

I have this problem a lot too. Things seem to run the smoothest for me on Normal mode, their actions and response to seeing Jason seems more logical. It seems like they set out with some kind of objective but then if they get sidetracked from that they default back to doing something else and get stuck. In both hard and easy mode this seemed much more common for me to run into. I haven't ran too legit test on it or anything it's just something that I noticed.

I was in normal mode, it wouldn't let me change it no matter what I did. I'll try reloading the game and see if something was up.

If I recall correctly a few times, a few counselors had flare guns, but never used them.

It also SEEMED like certain counselors only stayed in their spawn areas. Which I found odd, especially as the time ticked down, while I purposely waited to see if anything would happen and to get my stalk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Punisher_2099They do start the car and drive on hard. Alone. No intentions at all to get someone else in the car. and straight into your arms without even trying to avoid you.  They also use the weapons and pocket knives and repair the phone including calling (none of them going for it once the police is here tough)

But they only do this if you let them some time at start. If you go after them as usual in MP they don´t get anything done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been addicted to the offline bots. I'm enjoying the mode so much. It's nice to play a game without getting frustrated or having people quit on me. I love it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to Tommy I noticed that he will not stop opening and closing a drawer if a map is in it. There was also a round where he just sat still at his spawn, didn't even move when I showed up.

Overall the counselors intelligence could use some tweaks, but I'm having more fun with this then the online right now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

I heard someone say they think the difficulties for easy and hard are swapped. Bots seem to fight back more on easy than they do on hard. That could be wrong. Just what I heard. Regardless, the difference in difficulty level is very minor. 

I have tried the three different setting, easy normal and hard and, honestly the bots are so stupid there is no fun

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Punisher_2099They do start the car and drive on hard. Alone. No intentions at all to get someone else in the car. and straight into your arms without even trying to avoid you.  They also use the weapons and pocket knives and repair the phone including calling (none of them going for it once the police is here tough)

But they only do this if you let them some time at start. If you go after them as usual in MP they don´t get anything done.

yeah, I heard them a few times screwing up on the car repairs, but never quite getting that car going. Shrug. I guess its better then host quits and time out error.. or people leaving because they got butthurt over not being Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Oh boy,Paul Phoenix is p***ed off right now,seem that he found something in the game datas for the A.I bots and that GunMedia+illfonic might not be the one who created the A.I system for those bots.

 

This is quite common in the world of software and game development.  The Unity and Unreal Engines both have a store full of assets you can use in your games.  I don't see the problem with this to be honest.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

yeah, I heard them a few times screwing up on the car repairs, but never quite getting that car going. Shrug. I guess its better then host quits and time out error.. or people leaving because they got butthurt over not being Jason.

 

for how long? this gets boring very fast when there isn´t even a bit of a challenge. it´s basically god mode. let´s be honest, we can´t expect this to get any better soon if they even gonna bother with it that is. Tbh i have no intenion to play another offline bot match after 5 matches. maybe if i get the last 3 kills not done in my next 100 hours online. maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...