Just now, WashingtonJones said:

Thanks @bewareofbears

Based only off the videos, I'm liking what I'm seeing. 

Haha, now this next statement might sound funny in light of all the Jason discussions but, the bots need to be a little more threatening overall, it seems.

They need to fix Tommy's OCD with the drawer. He has to open and close it 10 times otherwise something bad in his life will happen :JasonPt7:

I see the counselors running towards Jason too much. Even though it resulted in a couple whiffs, I can see that becoming too predictable.

They should know to have med sprays if they tank a traps, almost all of the time. 

They should heavily reduce the use of hiding spots.

There's a couple things I see that look like stupid actions but they kinda feel human. When running away from Jason, I see them get stuck on terrain here and there in a way that reminds me of me when i have the rearview going and don't see whats in front of me. 

With some small tweaks and an additional difficulty level above Hard, the bots should be perfect. 

On two of those I can report that a single video does not show you the full story.  Specifically:

1) med sprays - I saw and/or heard multiple counselors heal themselves with med sprays.  Cannot specifically recall if they used one after I trapped them, but they used them a lot I am certain of;

2) Running - except when they were in ultra high fear status, every time a counselor detected me they tried to run from me.  Only when they were in full blown panic mode did they run towards me or around me (in a circle) while escaping a house or from a grab / strike.

We could have a kick ass MP game, if all the work and money gone into SP and bots would have been spent on policing the game properly and making the life of trolls and cheaters a nightmare.

This would 100% work way better than some stupid bots that propably always will do the same in the long run. They will get boring pretty fast imo. And the trolls and cheaters are still there then.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

We could have a kick ass MP game, if all the work and money gone into SP and bots would have been spent on policing the game properly and making the life of trolls and cheaters a nightmare.

This would 100% work way better than some stupid bots that propably always will do the same in the long run. They will get boring pretty fast imo. And the trolls and cheaters are still there then.

I don’t believe that the bots were ever meant to be a replacement for regular online gaming, but they are an essential training ground to have for people to learn how to control Jason. I fully predict a measurable improvement in the quality of Jasons within the next few weeks. 

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Watch your mouth!

BTW, that's Shaft, not Dolemite. OR ARE YOU SAYING ALL BLACK PEOPLE LOOK ALIKE???  ;)

Hey man, im just talkin bout Sha.... I mean Dolemite!

( LOL I actually forgot that that was from Shaft and not Dolemite. It's been awhile since I've seen either movie)

7 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I don’t believe that the bots were ever meant to be a replacement for regular online gaming, but they are an essential training ground to have for people to learn how to control Jason. I fully predict a measurable improvement in the quality of Jasons within the next few weeks. 

At the lowest levels, sure.

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

At the lowest levels, sure.

Even at the higher ones. A lot of people with higher levels got there almost exclusively on playing councilors by choice because they found it too hard to master Jason’s controls. Why do you think so many of them quit at the beginning of matches or rage quit midway? 

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

still a troll and cheater free MP only would be way better than having half hearted bots and a MP full of trolls and cheaters. no matter what their purpose is.

also a big part of the community expected them to be a replacement. because they are fed up with all the trolling and flaming online. this is the main reason people were waiting for it if you read trough the threads here and on steam. so yeah, giving us a MP that makes sure trolls and cheaters have no chance also would have done the job for many. and better than this.

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

still a troll and cheater free MP only would be way better than having half hearted bots and a MP full of trolls and cheaters. no matter what their purpose is.

also a big part of the community expected them to be a replacement. because they are feed up with all the trolling and flaming online. this is the main reason people were waiting for it if you read trough the threads here and on steam.

Some people are born to bitch and moan. Do it enough and people begin to roll their eyes and tune you out, as I’m sure the devs are already doing. There is truth in the words you can’t please everybody, and anybody that seriously thought that the AI was ever going to be advanced enough to emulate true human gameplay was kidding themselves. If people also think that there are enough people on the company’s payroll to adequately police a 100,000 gamers, then that is another way they are kidding themselves.  There is already an answer to the trolling online and that is private matches. It may not be the answer you want, but there it is. 

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

also a big part of the community expected them to be a replacement. because they are fed up with all the trolling and flaming online. this is the main reason people were waiting for it if you read trough the threads here and on steam. so yeah, giving us a MP that makes sure trolls and cheaters have no chance also would have done the job for many. and better than this.

I see what you're saying but the crux of it is, people like to play games offline and this pleases some people that they now can. 

5 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Some people are born to bitch and moan. Do it enough and people begin to roll their eyes and tune you out, as I’m sure the devs are already doing. There is truth in the words you can’t please everybody, and anybody that seriously thought that the AI was ever going to be advanced enough to emulate true human gameplay was kidding themselves. If people also think that there are enough people on the company’s payroll to adequately police a 100,000 gamers, then that is another way they are kidding themselves.  There is already an answer to the trolling online and that is private matches. It may not be the answer you want, but there it is. 

private matches on steam? nope. i mean you can, but i would need to add at least 50 people outside the game on steam to have 8 people available at any time. and you are limited to the same people all the time. only for this one game 50 plus people in my list? no, private matches are no solution, not on pc.

and there is a lot of games out there that can deal with cheaters and trolls.

I’m finding that most of the bots are just hiding in closets and under beds, and not even doing a good job at it. I want a chance to practice shift kills and hand to hand combat, not be given easy kills (and on “hard” at that). Seriously, last match 5/7 went under a bed. Where’s the fun in that?

Played 4 games.
First 2 on Normal.
1 on Hard
1 on Easy.

Oddly, it seemed harder on easy!
Cant tell from just 4 games but on the one easy match, the counselors stayed spread out more.
vs the others they were fairly close, easy, & quick to get to & kill.

Only 2 problems so far.
1. damn bots like to swim in circles right when jason first goes under & I couldnt drown them~!
2. average 2 times per match the bots would hide under a bed or in a closet Right in my view!!! :huh:

I tried offline out tonight, it was pretty fun. The Bots definitely made dumb decisions when Jason showed up but when left on their own they did pretty well at pushing objectives. It could be cool to do some kind of speed record challenge and see how fast I can finish it lol. Hard mode could definitely be harder but not trapping objectives adds a little bit extra challenge. 

I had a blast playing with the bots. And some of them are... Smart! Seriously. While playing I thought that at any moment a voice would come "Hey Jason, you suck", but no !!!!! Quiet counselors <3 <3 <3

During one of the matches I had Deborah, Adam and Fox "working together" and one of them had the gas. The best part of the bots is that they don't care about the others lmao when you grab someone, they don't even care - even with weapons -, they just watch like "Oh, ok".

I also noticed the Al Tommy is even worse than most of the "real" Tommys, because he literally do nothing for the others hahahah

Just played my first offline match on Xbox One, and Goddamn, it is SO much better than online! Smoother, faster gameplay. This mode is what playing like Jason SHOULD feel like. Taking my time. Slowly stalking the counselors. Even their brain dead actions make it feel like the movies. I see a counselor hide, I put on Stalk mode and stand there waiting for them to pop out. Then get a quick grab kill. Just like the movies. Screw multiplayer. I can’t wait for Single Player challenges!

• Like 1

Oh boy,Paul Phoenix is p***ed off right now,seem that he found something in the game datas for the A.I bots and that GunMedia+illfonic might not be the one who created the A.I system for those bots.

9 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Single Player will appeal to a part of the community. For those that aren't happy, the devs are back to working on fixing Multiplayer issues.

7 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

There is truth in the words you can’t please everybody, and anybody that seriously thought that the AI was ever going to be advanced enough to emulate true human gameplay was kidding themselves.

That holds true in this game. Everyone won't be happy all the time, at the same time. What works for some today won't be the case for tomorrow.

7 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

way better then qp I can play this when no friends are on 

That's a good way of looking at it. This is a good solution for those whose friends aren't always available, and don't wish to indulge in Quick Play.

8 minutes ago, kitcat said:

I had a blast playing with the bots. And some of them are... Smart! Seriously. While playing I thought that at any moment a voice would come "Hey Jason, you suck", but no !!!!! Quiet counselors <3 <3 <3

The bots are a nice alternative to Quick Play matches.

4 hours ago, Tombstones said:

Oddly, it seemed harder on easy!
Cant tell from just 4 games but on the one easy match, the counselors stayed spread out more.
vs the others they were fairly close, easy, & quick to get to & kill.

I believe that is the case, the difficulty is reversed. Easy is hard, hard is easy. Not that it's hard in any capacity, but the bots do perform a bit better in Easy mode. This is actually what I suspected, and looks like it's true since others have the same experience.

37 minutes ago, kitcat said:

The best part of the bots is that they don't care about the others lmao when you grab someone, they don't even care - even with weapons -, they just watch like "Oh, ok".

I’ve actually had the opposite experience. In many of my matches, the counselors will try to save each other by any means necessary, including blowing their friends away/out of my hands with the shotty to spare them from my wrath lol

7 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I’ve actually had the opposite experience. In many of my matches, the counselors will try to save each other by any means necessary, including blowing their friends away/out of my hands with the shotty to spare them from my wrath lol

Well, I guess it's random then. The poor counselors from my camp are veryyyyy selfish lol 

Just finished a few offline matches. Absolutely loving it. The AI is schetchy at times, but it is fun.  The gameplay is smooth, nobody rage quits or uses the “N” word.

Multiplayer will mostly be for counselor play.

• Like 2

@Turtle

That's fucking hilarious. Thank you for sharing that.

I like Phoenix's videos and I agree with his assessment here. If that's literally all they did then they should be ashamed. They keep holding "2 million plus sold" over our heads and they spent $80 on the AI for bots. That's ridiculously shady.

At least the bots are fun so I guess I have some random indie developer out there to thank for that.