7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Thought I'd give the Jasons with 3 traps (Part 7, 4 & 9) a try on hard difficulty on the small maps:

Questionable decisions made by the counselors.

Yeah, but at 3:12 the wounded counselor runs into a cabin and locks the door when Jason shows up, and when Jason starts chopping down the door, he jumps out the window and runs off (unless he was under that one bed you didn't stab). That was some very decent AI at work in that instance.

Seems like its a decent time waster with room for some improvement.

Really need to push the update out on PC and Xbox though.

I have a feeling the 'info' we'll get today is to tell us both platforms will be delayed even further.

tumblr_o5wpb3jevT1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

When singleplayer challenges roll out. I'd hope they give the bots a bit more coding by then as well.

22 minutes ago, IronCatFish said:

I'm impressed with what I've seen with the bots so far.  Their judgement may be poor, but its impressive nonetheless what the bots are doing as far as interacting.

I'm on PC so I can't share my experience, but I have some suggestions:

• On Harder difficulties, some counselors should spawn with pocket knives and weapons
  • Equip counselors with RARE/EPIC perks to compliment their base stats
  • Passive thick skins

I think the biggest challenge is how the bots behave around Jason.  Do they fight to stun him if they are X amount of feet from another counselor or run if they are alone?  Do they run to the nearest building or to the nearest counselor?  Gotta give devs credit so far though either way. 

I've found they'll almost always fight if they have a weapon, whether they're alone or not. Even LaChappa turned around to swing at me a few times. Chad and Adam are most likely to fight you. 

Sadly, they're not too good about running to the nearest building. They'll run off into the woods  and jump in the water and all other sorts of dumb things that horror movie characters do. 

They're a lot of fun, they'll get shit repaired fast if the items are spawned near enough and there's a Mitch, Deborah, or LaChappa nearby, they'll even pop your traps if they have a pocketknife, and I have been juked a few times by a Chad or a Vanessa here and there, but they could use some spit and polish. 

Overall though, very satisfying if you're just looking for a pure Jason experience. 

1 minute ago, auticus said:

Thats exactly what I was looking for (the pure Jason experience)

This is honestly the only reason I invested in the game. If this were solely a multiplayer title, I'd be far less interested. 

Killing as Jason Voorhees in a videogame whenever you want has been a dream of mine, and it's pretty surreal to see it pulled off like this. I've been wishing for a game like this ever since I played the first game on Nintendo thirty years ago. 

The nice thing about offline bots is that I can finally feel comfortable experimenting with Jasons I don't usually use. Online play is so stressful and difficult when you're Jason these days that you're forced to bring your A-game every time and play only as the Jason's you're the best with. Now I can dick around, practice, and just have fun.

• Like 1

Initially thoughts after playing last night.

Definitely enjoyed each match, the AI does some strange things especially when fear is maxed out had a Tommy swimming around in circles in the lake, and was opening and closing the same drawer over and over... I am sure it can be patched out eventually.

I was suprised to see some very smart bot programming when it comes to getting grabbed and picking up or going back to a cabin for a defensive item and using it to try and stun Jason and first aid spray usage. Overall very happy with it, and really glad it’s been incorporated to the game. 

Anytime they find objective parts they pick them up. I found a Tommy without his gun yesterday but yet, he was carrying gas to the car.

I saw AJ miss with the shotty, so they do use the shotgun.

3 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Does anyone think it will have an effect on multiplayer? 

I sure hope they add the bots to multiplayer. This would allow for people to join mid match and take over a bot too and when the player disconnects in any fashion, no chance of XP down the drain since the bot keeps playing.

I think in the future, perhaps they could program randomized 'mindsets' for the bots.

3 Different mindsets

1. Escape...the bots always concentrate on escaping

2. Hide And Juke...just like actual players...these bots try to outlast Jason for the time limit win

3. Kill Jason...these bots always try to kill Jason. All AI girls will always go for the sweater. When Tommy spawns in, he goes for Jason, not the drawers...

the bots do need some work but there not complete trash there is hope i was playing against a kenny last night hit me with a pocket knife ran out the door then ran back in the door to pick up the axe he dropped then ran to another cabin lo. but other times they try to hide other then that and tommy opening the same drawer over and over i had fun with them

They are by no means equal to online players (maybe newbs), but they sure as hell are a lot of fun. Now i have the possibility to use every type of kill i got and can see them over and over again. Also i can use my Part 7 Jason that i love so much.  

It is very good to play a relaxed round, especially because it starts right away and i don't have to mind about any ping whatsoever. 

I love how the bots are complete shit but everyone loves them :) singleplayer games are the best.

Finally a game that lets you simulate the movies. The bots act exactly like they do in the movie.

2 minutes ago, Lootron said:

I love how the bots are complete shit but everyone loves them :) singleplayer games are the best.

Finally a game that lets you simulate the movies. The bots act exactly like they do in the movie.

yea people love them because they dont talk mad shit/troll and die without being a dick and quitting lol

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If you want a badass AI antagonist Alien Isolation is for you. It took three years to craft just the Alien's AI. THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS OUT TO GET YOUR ASS. 

Oh, I love the AI of the alien. It's so damn scary. I love how they have these small details also. Like when you are hidden and it looks your way it stays a fraction of a second extra at you before continue turning. You are sure that it sees you - but then it walks away.

4 minutes ago, Lootron said:

I've missed the part where every counselor that gets confronted on a beach jumps into the sea, but i agree with everything you just said :D

Just now, cwlunatic said:

I've missed the part where everyone counselor that gets confronted on a beach jumps into the sea, but i agree with everything you just said :D

man, I wish I had this game.

14 minutes ago, Lootron said:

There are a lot of players that aren't playing for competition.  THey are playing to unwind and are fans of F13.  The bots being crap don't really matter to those people.  Playing jason and getting to get t hrough a game without being called 100 different derogatory/racist names and listening to people slurp into their mics or rant and rage quit make crappy bots gold IMO.

It's clear the game wasn't built around single player. My first bot encounter was two of them in Higgins Haven house, stuck in a room together, their character models clipping through a chair, flickering like faulty Christmas tree lights.

Characters have a fancy for:

- Getting stuck on rocks

- Climbing out windows to escape Jason before immediately climbing back through to meet him

- Standing still as Jason approaches, giving him a free kill (the joy of AFKers now in your single player experience)

- Non stop opening and shutting draws (especially if your name is Tommy Jarvis)

- Casual swims when being pursued

- Standing inside houses doing nothing (staying very true there to online players at least)

- Hiding in plain sight

- Glitching onto things and twirling

It was admittedly amusing the few times I tried it but for the wrong reasons. Of the 6 matches I played, I was stunned once by a flare gun, and that was it.  Maybe if there were exclusive unlockables (outfits etc) or particular frustrating to get multiplayer trophies/achievements could be unlocked through playing this mode then it would be worth the goof trip of it all, but right now i'd rather play online, even if it's a gamble each game on whether it's even going to be completed. One positive though to end on is that at least the offline mode inspired me to finally pick up the Part 7 trophy.

Offline mode is smooth as others have said. The bots are dumber than I expected, but I expect as everything else they will get changes. For me it isn't that fun playing in comparison to online because it is just WAY to easy. Playing on hard as a Part 7 and not trapping anything while being on a small map but still demolishing the bots isn't fun. I will use offline in times where I am short on time and want to F around a little before I have to leave.

I played a few offline games and then switched to play online. When I was talking to a buddy I mentioned how stupid some of the things the bots did, then we joined a match and I was chosen as Jason. My 1st response was that it was just like playing offline how dumb some of the players were, so I am guessing that the bots are to simulate the new generation of players.

I can see how offline can be practice for newbs to get used to Jason, but it would be like just hitting mitts with a coach in cardio class and then expecting to be to be a champion in the cage or ring, it's not gonna happen. You need real play time against good players in order to be truly good with Jason. Hopefully offline mode will keep all the whineys and rage quitters away from online. It gives them a place where they go and feel like the champion they think they are.

I honestly don't see how the offline bots are better than playing online even with the cancerous players. I am suspecting the the people who would rather do this are not really that into the game and really just want to fill the fantasy of being Jason in a movie and there is nothing wrong with that. I understand that the game has it's issues with Jason but you just have to accept them and learn how to work around them. If we all continue to gripe about the grab and melee attack radius they will fix it eventually, until then use the shortcomings as moments to evolve your style. If you have a problem with a player being annoying all you have to do is mute them and they then become a more advanced version of a bot.

One thing I think many don't realize is that to get good being Jason you have to get good at being a counselor. You have to understand how a good counselor plays in order to catch them easier. Running around and acting like a dumbass while you are a counselor will just make you a dumbass Jason.

I spent several hours playing over and over with different Jasons and maps.  Loved it.  Yeah, there were a couple bugs where counselors hit a wall and keep running and Tommy would open drawers over and over.  But they did not impact my enjoyment a single bit.  If you dont want an excessively cheap kill, all it takes is a swipe or knife to redirect the counselors and a grab to break Tommy's glitch.  Honestly, those were the only two bugs I really noticed.  Although some counselors would not always run the right way to escape when confronted, I really do not consider those bugs because when playing online as a counselor you often lose your mini-map and the screen darkens so much that I've seen plenty of live people do the same thing.

So all in all I give it 5 of 5 stars.  Counselors indeed grab items and use them.  They indeed work objectives and honestly do a decent job.  If you don't trap the phone they will call the cops, and they will also get cars running (haven't seen boat running yet).  And the logic is very well done for a first pass. Considering how many games I have played where AI is limited to popping out from cover and ducking back in over the years, this was a strong first effort in my opinion.

• Like 1

Even “hard” is easy. Out of 6 games, I killed 7/7 or 8/8 except the last one where I played Part 7 and intentionally left objectives uncovered to see if any of the bots were even attempting to do them. Only 1 escaped to the cops and it was Tommy (who I never saw and apparently not programmed to help the others). Some pretty bad flaws in bot logic. I can tell that they are supposed to be programmed to jump out a window and then run to the closest cabin to escape. The problem is, once they jump out the window the closest cabin is the one that they just escaped from, so they loop around and come right back into my arms. In one match, 3 tried to escape me by swimming. In another, FOUR  tried to hide underneath a bed while within my line of sight. 

Work needs to be done, unless the bots are programmed to learn from their mistakes.

Thanks @bewareofbears

Based only off the videos, I'm liking what I'm seeing. 

Haha, now this next statement might sound funny in light of all the Jason discussions but, the bots need to be a little more threatening overall, it seems.

They need to fix Tommy's OCD with the drawer. He has to open and close it 10 times otherwise something bad in his life will happen :JasonPt7:

I see the counselors running towards Jason too much. Even though it resulted in a couple whiffs, I can see that becoming too predictable.

They should know to have med sprays if they tank a traps, almost all of the time. 

They should heavily reduce the use of hiding spots.

There's a couple things I see that look like stupid actions but they kinda feel human. When running away from Jason, I see them get stuck on terrain here and there in a way that reminds me of me when i have the rearview going and don't see whats in front of me. 

I have a feeling that they don't consider water to be something separate from the land. There's nothing to stop them so they keep going. 

With some small tweaks and an additional difficulty level above Hard, the bots should be perfect. 

• Like 1