I found offline bots really fun. But Yes, they're as dumb as level 1 players and they hide too much.

The XP got worth and the kills should count, making easier to get trophies. 

One bad thing I didnt expect though was the fact you cant play as counselor. Why?? 

10 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

When the servers are shut down, these will be the only remaining modes. It's short-sighted to not understand the benefit of them to fans of the film/game.

Thanks. :) They're fun enough. I played several matches in a row as Jason- that's all I wanted.

I do hope that the devs find a way to make a offline Jason bot mode work before the day when the servers will be shut down.

So like that we will also be able to play as a counselor,of course the other counselors are going to be bots.

I think the devs should take a look at any of those independant 'monster chase' games like some of the slender man games for exemple,they could learn some useful tips from those to make Jason A.I work.

Im saying all this because i think it would be kind of a waste to not be able to use all the things that peoples unlocked weither it's a perk or a outfit/costume.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, slvrs said:

One bad thing I didnt expect though was the fact you cant play as counselor. Why?? 

They've mentioned this several times in the past; basically that programming AI counselors was tricky, but creating an AI Jason would've been even more difficult and time-consuming to do.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, antonz said:

Is shelly not in offline bots?

Shelly will show up in offline matches. I saw Mitch, Fox and Shelly in my bot match, last night.

• Like 1

my two cents... this is going to be great for wracking up cp and xp as well as being able to play as Jason without being called every derogatory name in the book by a 12 year old. it's also a good way to make jason seem powerful again, i guess. 

the gameplay is much smoother but the bots are dumb. D-U-M-B. every match, i found Tommy open the same drawer over and over and over again. they hopped under beds right in front of me (overall, the bots hid a lot) and frequently walked right in to my arms. it felt like half my kills were seek & destroys and drownings. 

still probably the only way I'll play as Jason, though. 

Wish you could customize how counselors look in offline mode and which ones you're killing... 

• Like 4

AI bots are going to be dumb.  To make an intelligent AI system does require a decent amount of work.  I hope that the devs invest more time in single player.  However, the viictims in the movies are also dumb.  So I'm getting the full movie experience.

That being said, I can finally play the game now.  I'm not interested in the general game community and disconnects and being cursed at by little kids while I'm trying to enjoy some free time.

I'm not really interested in trying to be an e-athlete, I just want to load the game up and hunt down some counselors for a couple rounds and then go about my night coding my own game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Aren’t you testy for someone who was, as you yourself wrote, “overjoyed” by the patch. Lol

Actually, your lols don't bother me at all. Sorry you misunderstood, but at least you're getting enjoyment out of them, so it's all good.

8 hours ago, CryptM said:

Hey now, you better watch what you say about Dolemite. He's a baaaad mother...

Watch your mouth!

BTW, that's Shaft, not Dolemite. OR ARE YOU SAYING ALL BLACK PEOPLE LOOK ALIKE???  ;)

@bewareofbears I watched your hard playthrough on YouTube. Unfortunately, I haven't received the patch yet. It appears that the bots make some bone-headed mistakes, but not much more than some of the people I've encountered in quickplay! Thanks for sharing the matches man.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, auticus said:

AI bots are going to be dumb.  To make an intelligent AI system does require a decent amount of work.  I hope that the devs invest more time in single player.  However, the viictims in the movies are also dumb.  So I'm getting the full movie experience.

That being said, I can finally play the game now.  I'm not interested in the general game community and disconnects and being cursed at by little kids while I'm trying to enjoy some free time.

I'm not really interested in trying to be an e-athlete, I just want to load the game up and hunt down some counselors for a couple rounds and then go about my night coding my own game.

Exactly. It is an offline jason movie simulator and for those who just want a bit of fun , for me it delivers in that respect :) I've enjoyed seeing a lot of environment kills that I hadnt had the chance online. 

Hopefully the single player challenges will please those with the bigger competitive streak. 

52 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Shelly will show up in offline matches. I saw Mitch, Fox and Shelly in my bot match, last night.

Shelly is in offline mode, was making mistakes as he was putting the battery in a car on one of my games. 

2 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@bewareofbears I watched your hard playthrough on YouTube. Unfortunately, I haven't received the patch yet. It appears that the bots make some bone-headed mistakes, but not much more than some of the people I've encountered in quickplay! Thanks for sharing the matches man.

Yeah, I keep saying that I'm actually shocked at how decent the AI seems to be. Yes, they are kinda dumb in the videos I've watches, but I was expecting the apocalypse of horrible AI with counselors stuck on rocks and trees all over the fucking map. The fact that they seem to actually behave in a semi-realistic manner while actually attempting to carry out the main objectives is astonishing. Glitches and huge AI fuck-ups seem to be at a minimum, and I'm sure the AI will be fine-tuned with future updates. This little success is really making me look forward to  the upcoming single-player challenges mode.

As for the people hoping for an AI Jason, it would be swell but don't hold your breath. The tasks the counselors have to undertake are far, far simpler than making a Jason AI that will intelligently hunt down, chase, find, and kill counselors while defending objectives, setting traps, responding to threats, etc. Perhaps with enough resources it could be done, but I doubt that Gun has those resources. But they surprised me with the quality AI of the counselors (despite some overall dumb behavior), so who knows...

3 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I've enjoyed seeing a lot of environment kills that I hadnt had the chance online. 

One of the main things I'm looking forward to.  :)

1 hour ago, antonz said:

Is shelly not in offline bots?

He is, killed him a few times now.

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

my two cents... this is going to be great for wracking up cp and xp as well as being able to play as Jason without being called every derogatory name in the book by a 12 year old. it's also a good way to make jason seem powerful again, i guess. 

the gameplay is much smoother but the bots are dumb. D-U-M-B. every match, i found Tommy open the same drawer over and over and over again. they hopped under beds right in front of me (overall, the bots hid a lot) and frequently walked right in to my arms. it felt like half my kills were seek & destroys and drownings. 

still probably the only way I'll play as Jason, though. 

So nice to play a round without the douchery. I've levelled up 2-3 levels since playing. It's nice. I can actually see a way for me to level to 100-150 now.

The bots need improving but it's pretty satisfying to play Jason precisley when you want to. :)

30 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

No worries. :) 

The bots are dumb. I haven't had one escape yet but it will happen. I'd like to see a higher difficulty mode than what is already in the game.

34 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

When people say offline bot mode is "smoother" what exactly do they mean? Better performance/frame rate?

No ping issues, kill animations aren't wonky. It's just generally smoother. It plays like what an ideal multiplayer match should.

I don't think I've seen any rain in the offline bots mode though.

The bots are really bad. If they're not inexplicably treading water, they're jumping into hiding spots right in front of you. Had a Vanessa just stand outside my hut. When I morphed there she ran away. I came back later and again she was just stood outside the hut. Often they give up trying to run away and simply stand there to be killed.

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

No ping issues, kill animations aren't wonky. It's just generally smoother. It plays like what an ideal multiplayer match should.

I don't think I've seen any rain in the offline bots mode though.

Thanks for the reply. And for posting the vids! Very cool of you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Confused Counsellor said:

The bots are really bad. If they're not inexplicably treading water, they're jumping into hiding spots right in front of you. Had a Vanessa just stand outside my hut. When I morphed there she ran away. I came back later and again she was just stood outside the hut. Often they just give up trying to run away and just stand there to be killed.

In my match I saw the bot hide in the closet thru the window. She stayed there until I reach it and killed her.

29 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Yeah, I keep saying that I'm actually shocked at how decent the AI seems to be. Yes, they are kinda dumb in the videos I've watches, but I was expecting the apocalypse of horrible AI with counselors stuck on rocks and trees all over the fucking map. The fact that they seem to actually behave in a semi-realistic manner while actually attempting to carry out the main objectives is astonishing. Glitches and huge AI fuck-ups seem to be at a minimum, and I'm sure the AI will be fine-tuned with future updates. This little success is really making me look forward to  the upcoming single-player challenges mode.

As for the people hoping for an AI Jason, it would be swell but don't hold your breath. The tasks the counselors have to undertake are far, far simpler than making a Jason AI that will intelligently hunt down, chase, find, and kill counselors while defending objectives, setting traps, responding to threats, etc. Perhaps with enough resources it could be done, but I doubt that Gun has those resources. But they surprised me with the quality AI of the counselors (despite some overall dumb behavior), so who knows...

If you want a badass AI antagonist Alien Isolation is for you. It took three years to craft just the Alien's AI. THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS OUT TO GET YOUR ASS. 

1 minute ago, Fooobar said:

In my match I saw the bot hide in the closet thru the window. She stayed there until I reach it and killed her.

yeah it gets worse than that i.e. they hide when you are right behind them

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Thanks for the reply. And for posting the vids! Very cool of you.

No worries, I figured some XBox players (or folks generally unable to play) would want to see how the mode plays out but I was surprised the PC update was delayed.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

No worries, I figured some XBox players (or folks generally unable to play) would want to see how the mode plays out but I was surprised the PC update was delayed.

As a PC user, it was a nice preview. Really looking forward to the mode, dumb bots and all.  :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If you want a badass AI antagonist Alien Isolation is for you. It took three years to craft just the Alien's AI. THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS OUT TO GET YOUR ASS. 

It's in my Steam library...

I'm impressed with what I've seen with the bots so far.  Their judgement may be poor, but its impressive nonetheless what the bots are doing as far as interacting.

I'm on PC so I can't share my experience, but I have some suggestions:

• On Harder difficulties, some counselors should spawn with pocket knives and weapons
  • Equip counselors with RARE/EPIC perks to compliment their base stats
  • Passive thick skins

I think the biggest challenge is how the bots behave around Jason.  Do they fight to stun him if they are X amount of feet from another counselor or run if they are alone?  Do they run to the nearest building or to the nearest counselor?  Gotta give devs credit so far though either way.